Forums46
Topics538,166
Posts9,733,740
Members87,071
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: skinnerback] #8046697 11/11/20 05:52 PM
L
LarryCopper Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Man that sucks. I know you prolly aren't looking for advice, but in the big picture I don't see an apology working. You already told him you were just poking fun back at him so he knows your point of view on it. He is either the type that can't take what he dished out or he has an agenda to get you off of there and is just using this as an excuse. Either way you don't want any part of it. Let's say you swallowed your pride for the sake of your kids and called him up. Even it it worked out, this is still hanging over your head. It won't ever be the same.

The only thing that could make this right is if he comes to the conclusion on his own, realized he made a mistake, and calls you to apologize. Anything less than that is not going to work out in the long run.

BTW I and any reasonable person don't see what you did as being a big deal. It's big of you to take the blame, but there's plenty of it to go around on his part.

Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: skinnerback] #8046726 11/11/20 06:16 PM
janie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I wouldn't want anything to do with him. His goals are clear and life is to short to put up with liberal bs No way I'd apologize over something as insignificant as a sticker. Karen needs his azz kicked. We don't have a place to hunt either. After awhile you get used to popping mallard decoy's with a bb gun. Life is still good and the beer cold.

He is your friend defender your dog. Be worthy of such devotion

[Linked Image]
Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: skinnerback] #8046736 11/11/20 06:22 PM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I’d told him what I really thought about him and his damn sign before leaving after his actions.. It’s pretty obvious he got you hook line and sinker but id be ice skating in hell before I apologized to that turd gobbler. He knows he can treat y’all like crap because y’all want to hunt his place, He’s A Bully plain and simple.. he obviously needs to bump into the right guy one day and he’ll be spitting out teeth with that bully mentality.

Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: skinnerback] #8046780 11/11/20 06:54 PM
G
gtrich94 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
G
Based on what you posted earlier with the Dove hunting and the fact that you don't pay anything to hunt the place, it sounds more like he wants to lease the place out from under you or doesn't want anyone out there at all. We lost our lease a few years ago because the owner passed away, the kids took over and wanted the place for themselves. Each year things got more and more restrictive and eventually the kids announced they were selling because one wanted to keep the property and the other wanted to sell. As far as I know, the place still hasn't sold and the 1/2 of the family that wanted to stay is still living there.

Thanks,
Rich
Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: skinnerback] #8046783 11/11/20 06:55 PM
J
J.P. Greeson Offline
the janitor
the janitor
J
This would be a different scenario if you put the stickers on a sign by his house or by one of the gates. He stuck the sign in his hunter's deer camp to elicit a response.

“Wildlife and its habitat cannot speak, so we must and we will.” – Theodore Roosevelt

[Linked Image]
Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: gtrich94] #8046785 11/11/20 06:56 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by gtrich94
Based on what you posted earlier with the Dove hunting and the fact that you don't pay anything to hunt the place, it sounds more like he wants to lease the place out from under you or doesn't want anyone out there at all. We lost our lease a few years ago because the owner passed away, the kids took over and wanted the place for themselves. Each year things got more and more restrictive and eventually the kids announced they were selling because one wanted to keep the property and the other wanted to sell. As far as I know, the place still hasn't sold and the 1/2 of the family that wanted to stay is still living there.

we lost a lease like that. It was cheap too.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #8046812 11/11/20 07:19 PM
skinnerback Offline OP
THF Celebrity Chef
OP Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator
Originally Posted by kry226
Originally Posted by Hudbone
Skinner has accepted the blame for his own, personal actions and that's a hallmark of a good man. What gets me is so many on this forum seem to be in denial. I cannot believe how many of you guys rail against the property owner for doing what he wanted to do on and with his property. Reverse the scenario - if some long time guest did this to Skinner on his property with Skinner kicking him off, many of you guys would say it was totally justified. Get a grip. Earth to everyone - Skinner ain't winning no ribbon here.

Yes, Skinner has, and of course the owner can do whatever he wants. It's his property. But that still doesn't mean he's not petty and muyloco

The problem with the landowner is the same as the rest of the country. The left's entire identity is political. They have politicized every single issue and facet in their life, and their foundational beliefs are based on false equivalency/logical fallacy. If you're for Trump, you must be a racist homophobe, etc, etc. There's no such thing as "agree to disagree" in their world. In fact, there's no room for disagreement at all in their world. It just happens to have manifested through this situation.

This mindset is destroying our country and I feel we have an obligation to call people out on this. If you're a conservative and feel the same, you're also part of the problem. We have to get back to a place where we as a society can have a civil discourse about things with which we disagree. That's where America's greatness really shines. And those who ignore this are the ones who need to get a grip. flag

Agree 100%........A better example for your kids is to stand up for what you believe in IMO........we are a long drive to the Pitchfork.......but we have plenty of does to be shot and all the hogs you want to shoot......PM me, it will be worth the drive to visit God's country.........

Thank you Sir, I truly appreciate that offer.

Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: Cochise] #8046818 11/11/20 07:23 PM
skinnerback Offline OP
THF Celebrity Chef
OP Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by Cochise
Originally Posted by QuitShootinYoungBucks
Meh, [censored] him and move on.

Don't teach your kids to be roll-over conservatives. By the responses this forum is full of them. World has enough of that. You don't owe anyone an apology.

Actually he does. He owes the LO an apology for defacing his property, and if the LO was any sort of decent, he would apologize in return for being batchit crazy over a sign, which he put there with ill intent to begin with.

Wah wah wah. They're stickers - just peel them off and don't be a [censored] baby. It's not like he spray painted it or stole it. Good lord.

People being thin skinned babies about everything is the root of about 75% of the problems we have.

Yep, the stickers peel right off. Sign was not damaged.

Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: Walkabout] #8046819 11/11/20 07:25 PM
skinnerback Offline OP
THF Celebrity Chef
OP Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by Walkabout
At what point and time was alcohol involved?

None at all.

Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: J.P. Greeson] #8046827 11/11/20 07:31 PM
skinnerback Offline OP
THF Celebrity Chef
OP Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson
It sounds like the ranch owner got exactly the reaction he was looking for. It sucks you lost a great place to hunt, but I don't think the guy deserves an apology. He was trying to piss people off. I don't think you should lower yourself to groveling to someone like that. He should be calling you and apologizing for overreacting.

Yessr, he was fishing and I took the bait. I also learned that the sign was first placed on the berm of a tank where we dove hunt at, apparently he thought we were coming dove hunting again. I'm sure he was expecting one of us to shoot the sign or throw it away, I'm sure he had his response to that all planned out. Who does that?? Then the sign got moved to camp. God I hate drama.

I agree with you on not apologizing on this, no apology coming from me. Down the road I go.....

Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: DQ Kid] #8046836 11/11/20 07:36 PM
skinnerback Offline OP
THF Celebrity Chef
OP Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by DQ Kid
Re-reading your post, you knowingly took the bait since you knew not to discuss politics or religion with the owner and he unfortunately "set the hook" on you...

That is correct.

Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: skinnerback] #8046839 11/11/20 07:37 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Some are here to teach. rolleyes

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: CCBIRDDOGMAN] #8046845 11/11/20 07:40 PM
skinnerback Offline OP
THF Celebrity Chef
OP Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by CCBIRDDOGMAN
I'd go whip his azz!

LOL, he's a big ol' boy. It's amazing that someone of his size & strength is so sensitive. Oh well, I wish him and his family the best....

Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: Roll-Tide] #8046853 11/11/20 07:43 PM
skinnerback Offline OP
THF Celebrity Chef
OP Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter
Who wants to be around that? bend over one time and you bend over the rest of your life.

Yep

Prison rules. He would take an apology as weakness.

True statement.

Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: kry226] #8046858 11/11/20 07:45 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted by kry226
Skinner has accepted the blame for his own, personal actions and that's a hallmark of a good man. What gets me is so many on this forum seem to be in denial. I cannot believe how many of you guys rail against the property owner for doing what he wanted to do on and with his property. Reverse the scenario - if some long time guest did this to Skinner on his property with Skinner kicking him off, many of you guys would say it was totally justified. Get a grip. Earth to everyone - Skinner ain't winning no ribbon here.

Yes, Skinner has, and of course the owner can do whatever he wants. It's his property. But that still doesn't mean he's not petty and muyloco

The problem with the landowner is the same as the rest of the country. The left's entire identity is political. They have politicized every single issue and facet in their life, and their foundational beliefs are based on false equivalency/logical fallacy. If you're for Trump, you must be a racist homophobe, etc, etc. There's no such thing as "agree to disagree" in their world. In fact, there's no room for disagreement at all in their world. It just happens to have manifested through this situation.

This mindset is destroying our country and I feel we have an obligation to call people out on this. If you're a conservative and feel the same, you're also part of the problem. We have to get back to a place where we as a society can have a civil discourse about things with which we disagree. That's where America's greatness really shines. And those who ignore this are the ones who need to get a grip. flag

Political is the most common reactionary point. However, I feel the real issue is that many people, as is often witnessed as you mentioned above, is that we have become a nation who reacts based on FEELINGS. Many times the first reaction is feelings. It happens to everyone on occasion. But we have turned it into plan A,B, and C. Then we have put ourselves in a position we can’t back down. As occurred with Skinner. This situation could have actually been a funny joke had the owner not gone with FEELINGS first. But today if we feel it, it must be valid. If I feel like a female, it must valid because I feel it and we put so much validity in feelings. Guess what? If you were born with male plumbing, you are a male. Regardless of what you feel, say, think, believe, or wish. We may not like it, and it may not always benefit our wants/wishes, but there are absolutes. Why is this so? Because we have raised a nation of limp wristed wimps who believe all things revolve around their lives. Rant over.

On a side note, had I been the land owner, I would have spent hundreds of dollars on Biden stickers and covered every inch of his tractor, side by side, and maybe a few on his truck bumper. I might even write Biden on his head while he slept, with permanent marker. Not to mention give his number to every Biden organization I could. Ha.

No one jokes and just enjoys life much anymore. So sad.

Skinner, I do hope it works out for you.

Proverbs 2
Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: Judd] #8046859 11/11/20 07:46 PM
skinnerback Offline OP
THF Celebrity Chef
OP Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
Thanks Judd, I truly appreciate that.

Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: NORML as can be] #8046862 11/11/20 07:50 PM
T
TSU99 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Originally Posted by NORML as can be
Whats his phone number lol35

I'd like to know too.

Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: Sniper.270] #8046876 11/11/20 07:54 PM
skinnerback Offline OP
THF Celebrity Chef
OP Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
Thanks Sniper, and I agree. We used to prank on each other a lot harder than this, but that was back then and no politics were involved. Pretty sad to see, but it is what it is.

Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: skinnerback] #8046928 11/11/20 08:26 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Q
Originally Posted by skinnerback
Originally Posted by QuitShootinYoungBucks
Meh, [censored] him and move on.

Don't teach your kids to be roll-over conservatives. By the responses this forum is full of them. World has enough of that. You don't owe anyone an apology.

Actually he does. He owes the LO an apology for defacing his property, and if the LO was any sort of decent, he would apologize in return for being batchit crazy over a sign, which he put there with ill intent to begin with.

Wah wah wah. They're stickers - just peel them off and don't be a [censored] baby. It's not like he spray painted it or stole it. Good lord.

People being thin skinned babies about everything is the root of about 75% of the problems we have.

Yep, the stickers peel right off. Sign was not damaged.

Originally Posted by skinnerback
Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson
It sounds like the ranch owner got exactly the reaction he was looking for. It sucks you lost a great place to hunt, but I don't think the guy deserves an apology. He was trying to piss people off. I don't think you should lower yourself to groveling to someone like that. He should be calling you and apologizing for overreacting.

Yessr, he was fishing and I took the bait. I also learned that the sign was first placed on the berm of a tank where we dove hunt at, apparently he thought we were coming dove hunting again. I'm sure he was expecting one of us to shoot the sign or throw it away, I'm sure he had his response to that all planned out. Who does that?? Then the sign got moved to camp. God I hate drama.

I agree with you on not apologizing on this, no apology coming from me. Down the road I go.....

Given those new items of information, I retract my suggestion that you apologize to him. You should have punched him.

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: skinnerback] #8046972 11/11/20 08:53 PM
Mike W Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
These psychos are sooooo tolerant.

This cannot be fixed at the voting booth.. Wake Up You Morons!
Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: Roll-Tide] #8047035 11/11/20 09:33 PM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter
Who wants to be around that? bend over one time and you bend over the rest of your life.

Yep

Prison rules. He would take an apology as weakness.

I didn’t realize “deer lease rules” were the same as “prison rules”

I live such a quiet, sheltered life

Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: skinnerback] #8047098 11/11/20 10:10 PM
Roll-Tide Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Life is prison rules.

Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: skinnerback] #8047101 11/11/20 10:14 PM
I
Indianation65 Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
I
The more I think about it...

Yep, you defaced his sign. In his eyes, it's tantamount to stealing it.

Yet, he knew conservatives would be staying at his place.
He mentioned, jokingly, that he was putting the sign up to get a response.

What a jerk.
He was "seeking" a response, and when he got it, he lashed out.

It would serve him right if everyone in the party quit going and gave negative feedback about his service.

What a tool. He runs a service where men bait deer, but in this instance, he is mad at the deer for finding a way to get food and scoff about it.

...------

Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: skinnerback] #8047115 11/11/20 10:25 PM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
He needs lots and lots of presents to be delivered. clap

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by machinist
Man if I knew what Oxner knows I could throw away what I know
Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: Mike W] #8047121 11/11/20 10:29 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Mike W
These psychos are sooooo tolerant.

"Tolerance" is so a few years ago. Nobody uses that word anymore. ('Cause it was about gay marriage and they got what they wanted, so there's absolutely nothing to be "tolerant" about anymore. They're into scorched earth now. flame )

The new code words are "kind" and "compassion". Good Virtue Signalers know this already. You heard it here first.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide