Forums46
Topics538,800
Posts9,741,485
Members87,118
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: skinnerback] #8046457 11/11/20 02:54 PM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
As a person who loves a good practical joke, I think it's funny that the guy put the sign there and it's funny that Skinner responded with the stickers. Both sides should have had a good laugh and moved on. The problem is one side is obviously a little whiney bitch and couldn't take it. I'm betting the stickers will peel right off with no problem so nothing was defaced. If they owner wants to lease the place, that's absolutely his right and I don't blame him. If that's the case, he should be man enough to either offer the current group first shot at it at whatever price he wants to set or tell them they have to leave. He just showed who he is and I personally wouldn't want any part of him.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: skinnerback] #8046458 11/11/20 02:54 PM
W
Walkabout Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
W
At what point and time was alcohol involved?

Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: skinnerback] #8046476 11/11/20 03:06 PM
I
Indianation65 Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
I
If handshakes do not conclude, the good news is that you will find new settings and new areas to explore and take your family.

You'll build new memories and may appreciate the events that led to it.

...------

Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: GUTIT] #8046484 11/11/20 03:17 PM
Superduty Online Content
"The Regulator"
Online Content
"The Regulator"
Originally Posted by GUTIT
Skinner, if you need a place to get those kids in the blind and don’t mind the drive, y’all can hunt a few places of mine up here in Hunt County. Can’t guarantee a big one, but they will see deer. Have a big house with extra beds.
I know it’s a haul, but the offer stands for you.

We need to meet anyway and I bet a few of the boys up here you already met would come out to my place for a get together and see you again.

That is Solid of you Gutit!

'It's Only Treason if You Lose."
Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: skinnerback] #8046486 11/11/20 03:20 PM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Skinner, feel bad for you and the kiddos but no good and I mean no good comes out of discussing, debating either religion or politics, amongst friends or strangers. It is something I adamantly refuse, refuse to do; you just never know what is tolerable or not. I would not have put Trump stickers on his sign but you felt it was in jest; I guess you found out the hard way that it was not to him. Again, I commend you for "owning up to your actions" and accepting the recourse of those. It sucks that you and your kids are moving on but in a roundabout way, your kids have probably learned a life lesson from all of this. "Never assume something means not much, when in fact it may mean quite a bit to someone." Better to just look the other way and laugh off meaningless stuff.

Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: skinnerback] #8046497 11/11/20 03:35 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Yep.

Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: skinnerback] #8046522 11/11/20 03:54 PM
J
J.P. Greeson Online Content
the janitor
Online Content
the janitor
J
It sounds like the ranch owner got exactly the reaction he was looking for. It sucks you lost a great place to hunt, but I don't think the guy deserves an apology. He was trying to piss people off. I don't think you should lower yourself to groveling to someone like that. He should be calling you and apologizing for overreacting.

“Wildlife and its habitat cannot speak, so we must and we will.” – Theodore Roosevelt

[Linked Image]
Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: skinnerback] #8046524 11/11/20 03:56 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
Dude, "some" folks might have shot "Biden sucks" in the side of his truck, glad you're a bigger man and to hell with people like that. Probably good your kids aren't around a jack wagon like that, there is a lesson in there somewhere for them.

If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you..

"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln

Dennis

Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: skinnerback] #8046534 11/11/20 04:02 PM
H
hook_n_line Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
I'd have been in big trouble. I throw all political signs in the fire. It's just litter to me.

Sometimes it's hard being me! But somebody has to do it.
Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: skinnerback] #8046553 11/11/20 04:18 PM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Re-reading your post, you knowingly took the bait since you knew not to discuss politics or religion with the owner and he unfortunately "set the hook" on you...

Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: J.P. Greeson] #8046556 11/11/20 04:20 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson
It sounds like the ranch owner got exactly the reaction he was looking for. It sucks you lost a great place to hunt, but I don't think the guy deserves an apology. He was trying to piss people off. I don't think you should lower yourself to groveling to someone like that. He should be calling you and apologizing for overreacting.

I agree........don't apologize to that a$$hole, he baited you and was rubbing in your face that if you want to hunt here, you will put up with whatever bs I decide to make you eat........I am shocked at the sh!t people will eat to hunt deer......

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #8046566 11/11/20 04:26 PM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator

I agree........don't apologize to that a$$hole, he baited you and was rubbing in your face that if you want to hunt here, you will put up with whatever bs I decide to make you eat........I am shocked at the sh!t people will eat to hunt deer......

Not so much, but takes a lot more to illicit a response from me than a political yard sign....

Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: DQ Kid] #8046578 11/11/20 04:36 PM
P
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by DQ Kid

Not so much, but takes a lot more to illicit a response from me than a political yard sign....

then keep it in your yard, not in the middle of my deer camp........I hunt to escape all that bs and would not remain silent.....

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: DQ Kid] #8046583 11/11/20 04:41 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D

It's more of the things skinner mentioned of the guys action's. Belittling people for the color of their skin etc. I'm out.

Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #8046588 11/11/20 04:45 PM
D
DQ Kid Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D

then keep it in your yard, not in the middle of my deer camp........I hunt to escape all that bs and would not remain silent.....

Just because you do not agree with the names on the sign? Not a good reason to alter it on the landowner's property IMO. But if you do, then you must be willing to accept the consequences...

Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: skinnerback] #8046611 11/11/20 04:58 PM
P
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
I agree DQ, that's his right as the landowner.........but understand this was not in his yard, he stuck it in the middle of hunters camp to see how much sh!t he could make them swallow.....not me......

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: skinnerback] #8046631 11/11/20 05:07 PM
R
Rustler Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
Hunting the same place for 25 years, never paid a monetary lease fee, sweat equity in exchange for enjoying someone else’s property.
Sounds like a sweet deal, quite a few of us had similar deals in the past.
For one reason or another, they all come to an end sooner or later.

25 years is a good run, don't let they way it ended spoil the good memories.
Men simply move on.

Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: QuitShootinYoungBucks] #8046658 11/11/20 05:23 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by QuitShootinYoungBucks
Originally Posted by Cochise
Meh, [censored] him and move on.

Don't teach your kids to be roll-over conservatives. By the responses this forum is full of them. World has enough of that. You don't owe anyone an apology.

Actually he does. He owes the LO an apology for defacing his property, and if the LO was any sort of decent, he would apologize in return for being batchit crazy over a sign, which he put there with ill intent to begin with.

That kind of ignint gets the ignore.

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: skinnerback] #8046662 11/11/20 05:25 PM
W
Wilhunt Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
I would contact the guy and ask in a civil way if he still would like for you to leave. He may have a change of heart and realize he overreacted . Would not tell him he overreacted but i would try to mend the situation if possible. You have nothing to lose by doing this.

Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: skinnerback] #8046674 11/11/20 05:32 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Who wants to be around that? bend over one time and you bend over the rest of your life.

Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: skinnerback] #8046680 11/11/20 05:35 PM
Roll-Tide Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I would never apologize to that azzhole. It will all work out.

Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: Hudbone] #8046688 11/11/20 05:44 PM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Hudbone
Who wants to be around that? bend over one time and you bend over the rest of your life.

Yep

Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: skinnerback] #8046690 11/11/20 05:45 PM
CCBIRDDOGMAN Offline
Bird Herder
Bird Herder
I'd go whip his azz!

Originally Posted by bill oxner
Haven't had it in years but never spit any out.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I am a sucker for happy endings and strapped cowboys.
Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: S.A. hunter] #8046692 11/11/20 05:46 PM
Roll-Tide Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter
Originally Posted by Hudbone

Yep

Prison rules. He would take an apology as weakness.

Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: ducknbass] #8046694 11/11/20 05:47 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
Originally Posted by ducknbass

It's more of the things skinner mentioned of the guys action's. Belittling people for the color of their skin etc. I'm out.

Well said cracker.

Sorry Skinner...you know between David, Bobo, Ramsey and I we could get your son in a stand out west.

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide