Forums46
Topics538,792
Posts9,741,348
Members87,113
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: Hudbone] #8046277 11/11/20 12:40 PM
68rustbucket Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Hudbone
I am not the one ignoring nothing. A man exercises his property rights and somes calls him petty for it. So what? Petty, stupid, illogical, misled and/or whatever, it is his property. He can do with it as he pleases. When you don't own something, you do not get to dictate what takes place there. it really is that simple. I feel sorry for Skinner. No doubts about that, but this could well be to his betterment. He can put himself somewhere where can continue to show his real colors and not be walking on egg shells. I don't think Skinner is very good at that (ie: walking on egg shells).

Btw, a guided hunter coming in from the airport and peeing at a front gate miles off 77 led us to getting kicked off a wonderful piece of God's country between the Norias gate and Raymondville

You got kicked off a place for peeing at a gate? I’d like to hear the rest of that story!

Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: kry226] #8046279 11/11/20 12:42 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by kry226
Skinner has accepted the blame for his own, personal actions and that's a hallmark of a good man. What gets me is so many on this forum seem to be in denial. I cannot believe how many of you guys rail against the property owner for doing what he wanted to do on and with his property. Reverse the scenario - if some long time guest did this to Skinner on his property with Skinner kicking him off, many of you guys would say it was totally justified. Get a grip. Earth to everyone - Skinner ain't winning no ribbon here.

Yes, Skinner has, and of course the owner can do whatever he wants. It's his property. But that still doesn't mean he's not petty and muyloco

The problem with the landowner is the same as the rest of the country. The left's entire identity is political. They have politicized every single issue and facet in their life, and their foundational beliefs are based on false equivalency/logical fallacy. If you're for Trump, you must be a racist homophobe, etc, etc. There's no such thing as "agree to disagree" in their world. In fact, there's no room for disagreement at all in their world. It just happens to have manifested through this situation.

This mindset is destroying our country and I feel we have an obligation to call people out on this. If you're a conservative and feel the same, you're also part of the problem. We have to get back to a place where we as a society can have a civil discourse about things with which we disagree. That's where America's greatness really shines. And those who ignore this are the ones who need to get a grip. flag

Agree 100%........A better example for your kids is to stand up for what you believe in IMO........we are a long drive to the Pitchfork.......but we have plenty of does to be shot and all the hogs you want to shoot......PM me, it will be worth the drive to visit God's country.........

And Hudbone.......being a landowner does not excuse you for being an a$$hole.........

Last edited by Pitchfork Predator; 11/11/20 12:45 PM.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: Hudbone] #8046282 11/11/20 12:45 PM
P
Paluxy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P

Btw, a guided hunter coming in from the airport and peeing at a front gate miles off 77 led us to getting kicked off a wonderful piece of God's country between the Norias gate and Raymondville

I lost $2k and got booted off a lease out past Lawn that I never even set foot on because one of the other guys drove his truck off the road. The property owner basically stole $12k.

Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: skinnerback] #8046284 11/11/20 12:47 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
I am ALL ABOUT civil discourse, but what is good for the goose has to be good for the gander. The land owner wasn't being civil when he baited Skinner. He was just looking for a reason and yes, that may well be petty. Skinner got punked.

Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: skinnerback] #8046296 11/11/20 12:57 PM
onlysmith&wesson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Skinner, I feel for you. I know how easy it is to get attached to a place. We lost a place I was on for 19 years due to a new family member taking over the ownership of the ranch. Loosing a place you love hurts, no matter the reason.
The deer lease business arrangement is unique. I don't know of any other like it. Many, if not most are handshake agreements. Hunters pay a fortune for the consideration, which is hunting rights. Any other arrangement would make you a customer and you could have expectations. With demand for leases always outpacing supply, it just ain't like that. I started with a new group 6 years ago. The lease manager was sizing me up as a potential member while showing me the place. I told him that deer leases were the only business arrangement I knew of where you had to pay to be there but still act like a guest at someone's house. It's good to be the king, as they say. I hope it works out that you get to stay. If not, good luck finding a new place to enjoy.

An unethical shot is one you take, that you know you shouldn't.
Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: skinnerback] #8046298 11/11/20 12:58 PM
S
snake oil Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Things usually work out for the best just forget that Sum Beach and find another place.

"You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas".
Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: skinnerback] #8046302 11/11/20 01:00 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Defacing someone's property sounds more like something a democrat would do. It could harm our cause if widespread.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: skinnerback] #8046310 11/11/20 01:09 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Gimme a break. Some of y'all have zero sense of humor. Zip. Nada.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: skinnerback] #8046327 11/11/20 01:28 PM
C
Cochise Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Meh, [censored] him and move on.

Don't teach your kids to be roll-over conservatives. By the responses this forum is full of them. World has enough of that. You don't owe anyone an apology.

Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: skinnerback] #8046347 11/11/20 01:44 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Dayum that sucks for your entire family. But I agree with the folks that say F Him, you have to stand your ground for what you believe in and teach your kids a life lesson on principles.
Good luck finding new memories for you and the kiddos, plenty of people on here will help you with that up

texas flag

“I never forget a face—but in your case, I’ll be glad to make an exception.”
—Groucho Marx

Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: skinnerback] #8046356 11/11/20 01:49 PM
I
Indianation65 Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
I
Business is $$$, and nobody likes to lose $$$.

You mentioned "the others in the group."

Perhaps all the men could talk to the owner and remind him it was all in good fun, just as his original joke of putting the sign up just to rattles chains.

Nobody has to go sideways with the man regarding politics, but if all men go together and reason with him, he might change his mind and forget his anger.

The owner wouldn't want to lose all the business. I'm not suggesting the other men give an ultimatum, but the owner should get the hint. Nobody wants to lose privileges.

...------

Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: Indianation65] #8046363 11/11/20 01:56 PM
C
Cochise Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted by Indianation65
Business is $$$, and nobody likes to lose $$$.

You mentioned "the others in the group."

Perhaps all the men could talk to the owner and remind him it was all in good fun, just as his original joke of putting the sign up just to rattles chains.

Nobody has to go sideways with the man regarding politics, but if all men go together and reason with him, he might change his mind and forget his anger.

The owner wouldn't want to lose all the business. I'm not suggesting the other men give an ultimatum, but the owner should get the hint. Nobody wants to lose privileges.

...------

You must have been living on another planet the past 4 years - you cannot reason with someone that has that mentality. They lack the cognitive ability to do so - like seriously some type of mental illness/derangement syndrome. One would have more success and less stress teaching trigonometry to a goat.

Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: skinnerback] #8046379 11/11/20 02:08 PM
D
Dry Fire Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
Sounds like the owner is going to eventually kick everyone off. You were just the first one to get your walking papers.

coffee spelled backwards is eeffoc. I don't give eeffoc until I have my morning coffee.
Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: Cochise] #8046382 11/11/20 02:08 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Cochise
[One of would have more success and less stress teaching trigonometry to a goat.

roflmao Exactly.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: skinnerback] #8046401 11/11/20 02:19 PM
T
Texas Dan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Been there, done that, got the T-shirt.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: skinnerback] #8046402 11/11/20 02:21 PM
I
Indianation65 Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
I
Mr. Cochise,
I guess I do agree with you.

Trying to reason with a person who is "not reasonable" is futile.

The left is deranged.

...------

Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: erathar] #8046403 11/11/20 02:22 PM
M
Mr. T. Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Originally Posted by erathar
I've learned that most liberals can dish it out, but not take it.

This is so Fricking true.

Cabin rental in Pagosa Springs, Co.
Sleeps 10, If interested please PM me.
Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: Cochise] #8046408 11/11/20 02:24 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Q

Don't teach your kids to be roll-over conservatives. By the responses this forum is full of them. World has enough of that. You don't owe anyone an apology.

Actually he does. He owes the LO an apology for defacing his property, and if the LO was any sort of decent, he would apologize in return for being batchit crazy over a sign, which he put there with ill intent to begin with.

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: skinnerback] #8046411 11/11/20 02:25 PM
R
reeltexan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

Rude behavior on his part, baiting you guys like that.

But sometimes, turning the other cheek works.

Don't go back and don't apologize and leave it behind you.
2cents

[Linked Image]

"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: QuitShootinYoungBucks] #8046418 11/11/20 02:27 PM
C
Cochise Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted by QuitShootinYoungBucks

Actually he does. He owes the LO an apology for defacing his property, and if the LO was any sort of decent, he would apologize in return for being batchit crazy over a sign, which he put there with ill intent to begin with.

Wah wah wah. They're stickers - just peel them off and don't be a [censored] baby. It's not like he spray painted it or stole it. Good lord.

People being thin skinned babies about everything is the root of about 75% of the problems we have.

Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: Cochise] #8046423 11/11/20 02:31 PM
S
S.A. hunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

Wah wah wah. They're stickers - just peel them off and don't be a [censored] baby. It's not like he spray painted it or stole it. Good lord.

People being thin skinned babies about everything is the root of about 75% of the problems we have.

Yep, being thin skinned is a problem now a days...... whistle

Seems like people are just looking for things to blow-up about. I've had it happen to me before.....

Last edited by S.A. hunter; 11/11/20 02:33 PM.
Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: skinnerback] #8046424 11/11/20 02:31 PM
P
pdr55 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
P
As has been said many times before on this forum...
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes...
And that goes for both sides of this argument.

If you`re running down my country, man,
You`re walking on the fighting side of me. (Merle)
Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: Mr. T.] #8046435 11/11/20 02:36 PM
T
Texas Dan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Mr. T.
Originally Posted by erathar
I've learned that most liberals can dish it out, but not take it.

This is so Fricking true.

I left my last lease because of one of the landowners who sits around his house all day watching CNN came to worship Don Lemon. His constant jabs at me for being a Conservative took every ounce of enjoyment out of being around him. If it were not for my relationships with other members of his family I would have left long ago. It turned out great for me however because now I'm the only one on a small lease owned by guy who shares my political and Christian values. Some great deer too. I'm also spending more quality time in the outdoors and at home.

Sometimes God puts a burr under your saddle to make you move on to where He wants you next.

Last edited by Texas Dan; 11/11/20 02:38 PM.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: S.A. hunter] #8046436 11/11/20 02:36 PM
C
Cochise Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted by S.A. hunter

Yep, being thin skinned is a problem now a days...... whistle

Seems like people are just looking for things to blow-up about. I've had it happen to me before.....

I'm guilty of it plenty. But the difference is - you and I can reflect and say - you know what - I was being a thin skinned baby about that - what a fool I was. The other side will continue thinking they are superior in thought and any affront towards that will be seen purely as an insult. Is what it is.

Re: I just got the boot over politics.... [Re: skinnerback] #8046454 11/11/20 02:51 PM
S
Smokey Bear Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Sorry to hear skinner. It sounds like that landowner’s family has extended you a lot of hospitality over the years. Might be worth paying a visit with your hat in your hand and see if you can patch things up....

Smokey Bear---Lone Star State.
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide