Topics538,030
Posts9,732,132
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Off Topic Jump to new posts
The Patient-TV series-Steve Carell freerange 04/23/24 04:06 PM
I cant believe Im starting a thread about a movie. I dont even own a TV and hardly watch anything. I must be bored, which is hard to imagine.
Spoiler alert warning-if anyone choses to comment Im sure theres potential for spoiling for those that havent seen it.
Anyway, I watched this 10 episode thing the other day. Ill resist offering my thoughts(I enjoyed it) and ask what yall thought.
My main question would be about the choice they made to end it with the very very final scene. There must have been some deep meaning that went over my head.
0 112 Read More
Trading Post - Swap - Classifieds Jump to new posts
Pulsar Thermion XM50 Long Range Thermal Scope JDP Ranch 04/23/24 02:59 PM
Selling a lightly used Pulsar Thermion XM50 thermal rifle scope for $2,500 obo. This scope is awesome - great for shooting long-range with its native 5.5x magnification. Looks just as clear at 5.5x compared to higher resolution scopes with lower native magnification.

Nothing wrong with it - just wanting to get a thermal for close range. Will consider trades for thermals with native magnifications 3x and under.

Located in Richardson. Willing to drive up to 30 minutes in DFW to meet. I'm often near Brownwood, TX on the weekends and can meet around there too if needed.

[Linked Image]
0 241 Read More
Firearms Sales, Trades and Gunsmithing Jump to new posts
Colt Single Action Frontier .22 Wreckem04 04/23/24 02:09 PM
Made in 1958. .22 Long Rifle with a 4" barrel. Bore is very good. Single action .22 Colt revolver. Factory bluing on barrel and cylinder in good condition Grips show minimal wear. Overall condition is very good. just making room in the safe for other toys.

Located in McKinney
asking $350
0 201 Read More
non-hunting CLASSIFIEDS Jump to new posts
Ranch Hand rear bumper Chickenman 04/23/24 10:04 AM
Used but refinished and bedlined using the products shown.

-Inside-inside brackets is 40.75"
-Outside-outside brackets in 41.75"
-Overall width is 72.25"

$300
Pick up around Denton

I think it fits a ford. It does not fit 02-06 GM 2500HD models like I thought. The frame width is perfect though.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
0 304 Read More
Off Topic Jump to new posts
An Attack of "Northern Exposure" Nostalgia BayouGuy 04/23/24 02:06 AM
For the last week I've been binging on the old TV series Northern Exposure which is available on Amazon Prime - 6 seasons/110 episodes. Man, I enjoyed it just as much as I did when it first aired back in the early 1990's, and still lust after Maggie O'Connell.

Anyway, the last episode ends with a montage of main character scenes with the tune of "Our Town" by Iris DeMent as background music. Great music fit and a great way to end a nostalgic journey.

Here's the tune (but not with the Northern Exposure scenes).

0 241 Read More
Firearms Sales, Trades and Gunsmithing Jump to new posts
WTB SFAR in Weatherford/ Jacksboro/ Graham area Charlieb68 04/23/24 12:31 AM
WTB new or used SFAR face to face only in or around area listed. Will pay new pricing for new rifle, but will not pay new pricing for used rifle. Only looking for 16” in 308win and prefer the newer model with the upgraded gas block.

Thanks in Advance!
0 110 Read More
Videos Jump to new posts
Son of a Blitch, Ep. 60 with Lt. John Nores, Jr. (Author of Hidden War, Podcast Host, former Game Warden) Son of a Blitch 04/22/24 05:06 PM

In the realm of conservation, few stories captivate and inspire as profoundly as that of Lt. John Nores, a former California Game Warden whose life journey we traverse in this latest podcast episode. The episode paints a vivid picture of a man who not only served as a guardian of wildlife and natural resources but also rose as an environmental crusader and a beacon of creativity.

John's tale begins with his roots deeply embedded in a family that revered the outdoors. A childhood steeped in environmental stewardship laid the foundation for his career as a game warden, a path fraught with challenges yet rewarding beyond measure. His narrative intertwines the sacredness of nature with his duty, highlighting a spiritual connection to the wilderness that proved essential, particularly during the unprecedented times of a global pandemic. The surge in public interest in outdoor activities amidst the crisis underscored the intrinsic value of our natural world as a sanctuary for the human spirit.

As we delve deeper into John's experiences, the podcast uncovers a clandestine battle being waged within the borders of the United States. Through his most recent book "Hidden War," John brings to light the environmental terrorism perpetrated by cartels engaged in illegal marijuana cultivation. These illicit operations, far from being mere criminal endeavors, have a far-reaching impact on both the environment and society. Pesticides banned for their toxicity in almost every country, except Mexico, are found at these sites, poisoning wildlife and water sources, an alarming revelation that calls for unity and action across political and social divides.

Balancing the intensity of his conservation enforcement role, John's odyssey takes an intriguing turn into the world of knife design and music. The podcast reveals his collaboration on the Trailblazer knife series with Mike Vellekamp's VNIVES, an embodiment of his creativity and commitment to practicality and tactical design. His musical journey, from clarinet to bass guitar in the band Area 56, adds another layer to his already multifaceted persona. Mike and John worked on some music together, which will be discussed on a future podcast with both gentlemen!

John's dedication to conservation is unwavering, as he shares plans for future projects, including an article shedding light on the environmental impact of wild hogs in California and a documentary series that ties conservation to broader societal issues. This determination to continue making a difference resonates throughout the episode, as does the call for collective action to protect our planet.

The episode also touches upon the significance of film in raising awareness about national issues such as human trafficking, drawing attention to the struggle of distributing powerful movies like "Sound of Freedom." Moreover, the chapter addressing national priorities on drug trafficking reveals the insidious spread of substances like fentanyl and methamphetamine across the nation, emphasizing the critical need for education and policy reform.

Listeners are also invited to explore John's foray into podcasting with the "Wardens Watch" and
"Thin Green Line" podcasts, platforms through which he connects with audiences to discuss pressing conservation issues and share gripping stories from the front lines of wildlife law enforcement.

As we conclude the episode, John extends an open invitation to anyone seeking guidance on a career in game wardening or confronting cartel issues in America. His engagement with followers through various projects and his commitment to providing specialized tactical training underscore his role as an educator and mentor in the fight against environmental crime.

This episode serves as a rich tapestry of bravery, creativity, and the indomitable spirit of a man whose life work is a testament to the enduring battle for the preservation of our wild places. Join us in this captivating journey through the life of a true conservation trailblazer.

To learn more about John Nores, visit:
www.JohnNores.com

To learn more about George Blitch, visit:
www.SonofaBlitch.com

Make sure you also pick up a copy of "Hidden War" and "War in the Woods" by Nores.
http://www.johnnores.com/books.html

"Hidden War" includes a forward by New York Times bestselling author of The Terminal List, Jack Carr (who will also be an upcoming podcast guest!) and new introduction by John Nores. This 2nd edition also includes updated content and new improved pictures!
0 61 Read More
Videos Jump to new posts
Son of a Blitch, Ep. 59 w/ Jody Horton (TX photographer, publisher, writer) Son of a Blitch 04/22/24 05:00 PM

In this captivating episode, host George Blitch sits down with renowned photographer Jody Horton to unravel the detailed craft of cookbook storytelling, and the intricate tapestry of wildlife photography. Horton, an artist with a keen eye for the vivid world of food, travel, lifestyle and wildlife imagery, shares his journey and the evolution of his passion, tracing back to the early days amidst the surge of local food sustainability, leading up to his involvement in prestigious projects, including two James Beard award-winning collaborations.

The discussion delves into the nuanced dance of wildlife photography, as Horton reveals the tactics that allow him to meld into nature's canvas, capturing vibrant, elusive shots of the hunt. Horton’s recount of his experience not only illuminates the patience and skill required in this field but also offers a glimpse into the unpredictability of capturing such fleeting moments.

The conversation then shifts towards the creation of timeless cookbooks, highlighting Horton's role in “The Turkey Book”, a collaboration with Jesse Griffiths (their 3rd together), that encapsulates the essence of the wild. He details the efficient planning and rapid production process that brought the book to fruition in less than a year, a testament to the meticulous execution and dedication behind the scenes. The audience is given a peek into the world of long-term cookbook ventures (Jody has done almost 20 cookbooks), where Horton speaks on the allure of cooking with fire and the profound significance of constructing a space that breathes life into the art of photography.

Horton’s narrative continues, revealing the transformation of his career from a fledgling food photographer during a time when the profession was scarcely populated, to a sought-after expert in the field. His initial forays with publications like Garden and Gun and Texas Monthly led to a burgeoning reputation and the opportunity to work on impactful projects that resonated with his ethos. This trajectory underscores the importance of credibility and experience in navigating the competitive landscape of food, travel and lifestyle photography.

The episode also addresses the journey of finding and creating the ideal studio space in Austin (St. John Studios), where Horton could harness natural light to its fullest potential. He recounts the arduous search for the perfect location, ultimately transforming a rundown building into a versatile studio that could accommodate a wide range of food and beverage projects. His studio's design, crafted to provide efficient and diverse shooting environments, epitomizes Horton's commitment to excellence and innovation in his work.

As the auditory journey concludes, the topic of legacy is brought to the forefront. Horton reflects on the imprints we leave behind, both in imagery and in life, sharing candid thoughts on balancing the pursuit of passion with family life and the importance of nurturing a living legacy. The episode serves as a trove of inspiration for those moved by the interplay of light, lens, and life's magical moments, offering a heartfelt perspective from the heart of Jody Horton's world.

Listeners are invited to connect with Horton and follow his continued journey through his photography website and other ventures. For those interested in collaboration or simply keeping up with his work, this episode is a must-listen, providing invaluable insights into the mind and craft of a master storyteller and photographer.

TheWildBooks.com
0 29 Read More
Videos Jump to new posts
Son of a Blitch, Ep. 58 with Romey Swanson (Spotlight on the Devils River Conservancy) Son of a Blitch 04/22/24 04:58 PM

In the latest podcast episode, Romey Swanson, the Executive Director for the Devils River Conservancy, shares an intimate view of the group's mission to preserve the Devils River. This Texas waterway is a marvel of nature, celebrated for its clarity and ecological significance. Romey's dedication to this cause shines through as he discusses the complex relationship between land stewardship and collaborative conservation strategies that ensure the river's vitality.

The Devils River is one of the cleanest rivers in Texas, boasting a biodiverse ecosystem fed by spring waters. It's nestled in a delicate balance between public and private land stewardship, a testament to the commitment of local communities and conservation organizations working in tandem. The conservancy's partnerships with groups like the Nature Conservancy, and Texas Parks and Wildlife are vital, highlighting the power of collaboration in environmental protection.

Reflecting on nearly a year as Executive Director at the Conservancy, Romey recounts the organization's evolution and its role in fostering responsible environmental stewardship. Education and advocacy are at the forefront of their efforts, aiming to instill respect for the river and ensure its splendor remains unspoiled for future generations. Initiatives like the Devils River Access Permit Program underscore the importance of visitor preparedness and legal access, essential components in preserving the river's integrity.

The episode also delves into the strategic and day-to-day challenges of conservation. From managing visitor access to the river to navigating the intricacies of land ownership and public policy, the podcast paints a picture of the ongoing work required to safeguard natural treasures like the Devils River.

As the conversation turns to the practicalities of visiting the Devils River, listeners are guided through the preparation process and introduced to the various access points available to the public. Romey emphasizes the significance of education and proper preparation to prevent conflicts with landowners and to promote a culture of respect and appreciation for the river's pristine condition.

In conclusion, the episode stands as a call to action for listeners to become allies in the cause for conservation. It invites us to support the Devils River Conservancy's mission, either by visiting responsibly or by joining their membership program. The dialogue is not only a narrative of the conservancy's endeavors but also a reflection of the broader struggle for environmental preservation, one that resonates with all who value nature's gifts.

The Devils River story is one of passion, dedication, and unwavering commitment to the environment. Romey's mission is a beacon for all environmental advocates, reminding us of the importance of protecting the natural wonders that enrich our world.

Learn more about the Devils River Conservancy, and join, here:
DevilsRiverConservancy.org
0 26 Read More
Videos Jump to new posts
Son of a Blitch, Ep. 57 with Romey Swanson Son of a Blitch 04/22/24 04:56 PM

Embark on an insightful expedition into the heart of Texas conservation with Romey Swanson, the Executive Director of the Devils River Conservancy. With a rich history rooted in childhood adventures across West Virginia and Texas, Romey's pursuit of wildlife stewardship has led him to an influential role within the state's ecological preservation efforts. Appointed by Governor Abbott to the Texas Farm and Ranch Lands Conservation Council, Romey's story is a tapestry of personal growth and professional evolution, from a technician fresh out of college to a key player in land management plans and helping to shape public policy and public awareness in the various groups, committees, and boards that he sits on. His fervent resolve to protect Texas's bountiful waterways and diverse ecosystems is both a tribute to his dedication and a rallying cry for environmental advocates.

This episode is not merely a chronicle of Romey Swanson's contributions to Texas's natural heritage. It's an invitation to join hands in the collective responsibility of nurturing the bond we share with nature. Through stories of close encounters with the elusive Mexican Spotted Owl and reflections on the growth of ModernTexasNaturalist.com, Romey embodies the essence of a connector, uniting hunters, anglers, and conservationists in a common cause. Let's heed the call to safeguard the Devils River and engage in the mission to preserve the splendor of Texas for generations to come. Your passion for the outdoors and commitment to conservation can make a world of difference—and this episode is your guidepost.

Learn more about the Devils River Conservancy, and join, here:
DevilsRiverConservancy.org

Learn more about Romey Swanson at:
ModernTexasnNaturalist.com
0 16 Read More
Varmint & Small Game Hunting Jump to new posts
Calling Coyotes with the Latest Technology gary roberson 04/22/24 03:24 PM
[Linked Image]
Coyotes don't have a chance anymore. Calling with the FREQ Ultrasonic Game Call mounted on Ambush 360 that give me the ability to rotate the caller, broadcasting the sounds 360 degrees.
Since using the Ambush 360 on the last two hunts, not surprising I am calling more coyotes from behind me. Sometimes it is a good thing and I can get them killed. Other times, they get my wind and as I always set up with the wind in my face or a crosswind.
Adios,
Gary
0 183 Read More
Tall Tales & Yarns Jump to new posts
Democratic sense Bass&More 04/22/24 03:17 PM
A democrat man missed his bus and ran after it all the way home than bragged he saved two dollars. His
wife shook her head and said," why didn't you chase a taxi and save twenty dollars!
0 400 Read More
WTB Jet boat FireNguns 04/22/24 12:16 AM
Looking for a jet drive boat like a blazer or legend or  similar. Also would like a tracker 175 sport jet
90hp or bigger with steering wheel no tillers
I am having a hard time finding a good deal on one. 
budget is $15k max

Pm or text with offers/leads
Thanks
Brandon
0 149 Read More
FS Budget Pocket Knives KC Huntin 04/21/24 11:59 PM
1. Civivi Vexer: $55 Tan G10 Handle 4" Satin Finshed D2 blade. Flipper opening Deep carry SS pocket clip. Model discontinued.

2. Civivi Riffle: $45 Olive Micarta Handle 3.5" Satin Finshed 14C28 Stainless Blade. Flipper Opening. Deep Carry pocket clip. Model Discontinued.

3. Kershaw Zing:$40 3" 8Cr13MoV Stainless Steel Blade, Assisted Thumb-Stud and Flipper Opening. Pocket clip. Lazer etched dragon scales one side smooth SS on back.

[Linked Image]

All prices are shipped to you in TX net fees. PP, Venmo or Zelle.
0 276 Read More
Turkey Hunting Jump to new posts
24 Season Thus far BrangusVA 04/21/24 10:23 PM
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
0 136 Read More
Cornwell mig250 19Chris92 04/21/24 01:25 AM
Cornwell mig 250 with aluminum and stainless spool gun, will come with 1 roll already on the welder and 3 additional rolls. Plus bottle. 2600 bucks!

Will do partial trade on guns+cash

972-977-67one8
0 247 Read More
Firewood pile clean upom shooterwalter 04/20/24 09:17 PM
I have a cord of wood cut and not stacked from splitting in Jamuary. Good fresh split firewood. 16 to 18 inch. I want it gone and will make you a price you will not turn down if you use firewood.

I also have some good splitting chunks if you are into splitting right length and oak also.

Text 214-728-2755 8 miles north of Terrell off Hy 34
0 300 Read More
36’ gooseneck trailer gard 04/20/24 08:49 PM
2022 load trail 36’ with EOH disc brakes 12k axels hydro jacks 14ply tires mega ramps torque tube and bridged frame has straps down passenger side title in hand $15,000 [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
0 256 Read More
WTB Tacoma Double Cab TXBoss 04/20/24 06:57 PM
Looking to see if anyone has a used Tacoma Double Cab about to upgrade to a 2024. Prefer 2012-2015, but will consider other years.

Clean Title and Under 100k if possible. 2WD or 4WD. Vehicle my wife and son will alternate driving.

Let me know if you have something.

Thx!
0 123 Read More
Land & Leases Jump to new posts
Oklahoma Hunting Lease Available Duckman8 04/20/24 03:06 AM
(14525) ACERS IN OKLAHOMA PANHANDLE.--TEXAS COUNTY
Oklahoma Panhandle and this is an outstanding hunting lease that h been hunted in over three years. Quality deer, whitetail, mule deer and pronghorn. Majority of the deer are mule deer but there are some nice whitetails in the area. The landowner gets tags for pronghorn's every year and whomever leases the property will receive the extra tags. Also, an outstanding quail hunting lease with several pheasant to be taken too. Several thousand acers to hunt and several locations so you can have your very own spot. Quail numbers are high and have been managed and landowner feeds them daily. Deer have been managed also and this lease will produce some quality deer. Camping and four wheelers are allowed on this property. It's a big place and is spread out in every direction and should produce greatly. This property in the Oklahoma Panhandle (Texas County) and should produce some quality hunting. You will have mule deer, antelope, whitetail, and perhaps the occasional flock of turkey. Rolling hills and tall prairie grass will make some exciting hunting for a group of hunters. The landowner does live nearby and keeps an eye on the property daily. Don't let this great property pass you by, be a great place to harvest one of those (Big Oklahoma Panhandle Mule Deer).

Cattle on some parts of property.
2.90 AN ACER
7 HUNTERS MAX
PROPERTY #: 11800 TEXAS COUNTY, OK
BASECAMP PROPERTIES WEBSITE, UNDER WALL HANGER MEMBERSHIP
contact Rick@4057406177

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
0 286 Read More
Optics Jump to new posts
Redfield hunter 3x9 Longhorn74 04/19/24 11:27 PM
Guys, I bought a vintage redfield hunter USA 3x9 scope last year off of eBay. I have multiple old redfield scopes, both wide view and traditional and never saw one with hunter on it. My question is how old is this line? The glass is clear and the optics appear good on this older scope.
0 136 Read More
Large cabinet b00stin4 04/19/24 09:07 PM
Have a fairly large cabinet that came from a high-school at one time
It's big and heavy, has a shelves on one side and two drawers on the lower of the other side
$100
Located in Decatur 817-992-1706 clint

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
0 322 Read More
556 ammo $80 DeerSlayer31 04/19/24 08:42 PM
I have this box for $80, located in Mesquite. 469-585-09eight5 Dayton [Linked Image]
0 199 Read More
Page 2 of 2 1 2
© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide