I bet you won't lol

[Linked Image]
Re: $20 Minimum wage [Re: Old Rabbit] #7565299 07/27/19 04:59 AM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Old Rabbit

Kids graduating now for the most part can't set up a budget, read or write in cursive, write a check, balance a check book, do a simple tax return, do simple math problems in their head, they have to diagram and break it down or use a calculator. Most can't even make change even when the cash register tells them how much it is. An example is a bill for $13.47 cents and I gave the person $15.50 and they gave me back a $5 bill and a quarter. I gave the money back and said the change should be $2.03, they called their lead person over and she said I was given the correct amount and handed me $5.25 and said thanks. I gave up and just took it and walked away.

Lumping all of today's kid in that is pure ignorance. A small percentage, yes, but about that same percentage has been in every generation, including yours.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: $20 Minimum wage [Re: dogcatcher] #7565311 07/27/19 06:09 AM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by dogcatcher
Intelligence levels in individuals vary a lot, everybody is not smart enough to be a rocket scientist.

No kidding. My 14 year old kills it in math. I didn't do anything special. He will have college credits next year in 9th. Will have geometry and algebra 2 done. I can read fraction problems with solve x outloud and he solves them before I can set them up on paper. Daughter is complete opposite and very creative.

What's this have to do with $20 min wage?? Or video games...

Re: $20 Minimum wage [Re: bill oxner] #7565335 07/27/19 10:28 AM
R
RattlesnakeDan Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
How did this turn into an education thread. lol
$20/hr is impossible.
Milk will go up to $15/gl. A burger will be $23, deer corn will be $25/bag
They only way to pay that, is for businesses to raise the price of everything, An AC service call would be hundreds....oh yea already is, ok it would be worse than hundreds.

Just like Jesus, sometimes you gotta kill some hogs.
Lone Star Mesquite . com
RattleSnake Dan's Shredding Service
Re: $20 Minimum wage [Re: bill oxner] #7565375 07/27/19 12:49 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
A stupid idea that would only raise the cost and will be paid by the middle class.........

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: $20 Minimum wage [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #7565387 07/27/19 01:17 PM
B
Brother in-law Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator
A stupid idea that would only raise the cost and will be paid by the middle class.........

Re: $20 Minimum wage [Re: Brother in-law] #7565399 07/27/19 01:42 PM
W
Western Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
W
Originally Posted by Brother in-law

Along with killing a huge amount of jobs, far more lost money than the few who will benefit after figuring many will cut hrs for those still employed, similar to what happened with obumer care to keep employees under the hr to cover min.

If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you..

"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln

Dennis

Re: $20 Minimum wage [Re: RattlesnakeDan] #7565425 07/27/19 02:40 PM
A
A.B. Offline
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
A
Originally Posted by RattlesnakeDan
$20/hr is impossible.
They only way to pay that, is for businesses to raise the price of everything, An AC service call would be hundreds....oh yea already is, ok it would be worse than hundreds.

Public education is the devil on THF.

Talent is a gift, character is a decision.
Re: $20 Minimum wage [Re: Western] #7565441 07/27/19 03:13 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Western
Originally Posted by Brother in-law

Along with killing a huge amount of jobs, far more lost money than the few who will benefit after figuring many will cut hrs for those still employed, similar to what happened with obumer care to keep employees under the hr to cover min.

...thereby creating a huge group dependent on government support....which is what the Dems want in the first place.....

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: $20 Minimum wage [Re: beaversnipe] #7565499 07/27/19 05:26 PM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
$10 min wage is enough for non educated millennials who refuse to go to college

Start taxing 20% on all tip money as well btw

Ban fortnite and call of duty

I paid enough college and multiple masters to even touch that triple min proposed wage

Bump sales tax to 12.5% , reduce prop tax to 1%

Beaver/Pence 2020- 2024 and 2028

#nomorefreehandouts

College doesent have a darn thing to do with it. Lots of high school graduates who are multi-millionaires and lots of college grads who are living hand to mouth making modest salaries.

It’s about work ethic and the desire to succeed.

Best thing that ever happened to me, was years of being broke and not liking it.

Sucked at the time but I realize now it was a tremendous blessing

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: $20 Minimum wage [Re: txtrophy85] #7565536 07/27/19 06:35 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by txtrophy85
$10 min wage is enough for non educated millennials who refuse to go to college

Start taxing 20% on all tip money as well btw

Ban fortnite and call of duty

I paid enough college and multiple masters to even touch that triple min proposed wage

Bump sales tax to 12.5% , reduce prop tax to 1%

Beaver/Pence 2020- 2024 and 2028

#nomorefreehandouts

College doesent have a darn thing to do with it. Lots of high school graduates who are multi-millionaires and lots of college grads who are living hand to mouth making modest salaries.

It’s about work ethic and the desire to succeed.

Best thing that ever happened to me, was years of being broke and not liking it.

Sucked at the time but I realize now it was a tremendous blessing

Very true. I did not go to any institutes of higher learning and did very well for myself. Work hard, Be there when you are supposed to be. Learn all you can about your job. Keep your nose clean and your mouth shut. When you have gone as far as possible at where you work find another that pays better and gives you an opportunity to learn more.

Re: $20 Minimum wage [Re: bill oxner] #7565541 07/27/19 06:42 PM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Well articulated

www.TexasPondPoppers.com
Originally Posted by bill oxner
Loved my 4 inches. Well needed.

Hate Russians. Love happy endings. I saw snot fly. cheers

Re: $20 Minimum wage [Re: Creekrunner] #7565559 07/27/19 07:09 PM
S
Sniper.270 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Creekrunner
Originally Posted by txtrophy85
Maybe I'm thinking the wrong way about this, but imo entry level jobs are exactly that...entry level. Not meant to be a career.

But with our failed educational system (from all the cockamamie ideas), those jobs have to be careers. That's why they're so darn militant about it. "I didn't apply myself, so you owe me."

Education system did not fail. Education system was given rules and boundaries that would not allow it to do its prime directive. Teachers did not fail! Parents failed. Government failed. Administration failed. Then higher education was contiminated and now we have what we have and everyone says the education system failed. If they MADE you try and run diesel in your gas engine would you say the manufacture failed. Nope!

Proverbs 2
Re: $20 Minimum wage [Re: bill oxner] #7565568 07/27/19 07:25 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Why are teachers so dam untouchable? I was one for a short period of time. There are a ton of amazing teachers. But there are also bad teachers, that need to be fired, like in any other walk of life, but it is hell trying to fire a teacher. Teachers become administrators.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: $20 Minimum wage [Re: RattlesnakeDan] #7565590 07/27/19 08:02 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
$20/hr is impossible.

Can you explain this? It appears you are assuming that a dairyman only produces about a gallon every 20 minutes, or a burger fry cook only cooks 1 an hour, and corn, farmers have never been on minimum or any other wage scale.

The AC worker, he already paid over $20 an hour, maybe if we reduce their wages the price of AC service will come down. But then the AC guy will go to work at McDonalds for the $20 an hour burger flipper job.

In Midland the starting pay at McDonalds is $14 to $18, and hamburgers etc., are not any where $20.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: $20 Minimum wage [Re: dogcatcher] #7565617 07/27/19 08:36 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
S
$20/hr is impossible.

Can you explain this? It appears you are assuming that a dairyman only produces about a gallon every 20 minutes, or a burger fry cook only cooks 1 an hour, and corn, farmers have never been on minimum or any other wage scale.

The AC worker, he already paid over $20 an hour, maybe if we reduce their wages the price of AC service will come down. But then the AC guy will go to work at McDonalds for the $20 an hour burger flipper job.

In Midland the starting pay at McDonalds is $14 to $18, and hamburgers etc., are not any where $20.

That's because they are having to compete for employees...market driven....and the people getting $14-$18 are far fewer than the people who were being paid $8-$10

Originally Posted by Sneaky
I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: $20 Minimum wage [Re: beaversnipe] #7565654 07/27/19 09:23 PM
hopalong Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Ok, I will

are we gonna have to start callin you "lil beav" on tff? rofl

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA - 903 474 7479 reservations

Re: $20 Minimum wage [Re: Duck_Hunter] #7565715 07/27/19 11:18 PM
L
luv2brode Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter
Originally Posted by Homer Jay

But with our failed educational system

That is a really stupid thing to post.

Change my mind.

Kids graduating now for the most part can't set up a budget, read or write in cursive, write a check, balance a check book, do a simple tax return, do simple math problems in their head, they have to diagram and break it down or use a calculator. Most can't even make change even when the cash register tells them how much it is. An example is a bill for $13.47 cents and I gave the person $15.50 and they gave me back a $5 bill and a quarter. I gave the money back and said the change should be $2.03, they called their lead person over and she said I was given the correct amount and handed me $5.25 and said thanks. I gave up and just took it and walked away.

I agree with some of the things you said. Where I take exception, and I see this a lot from people older than me, is:

No one cares about writing in cursive. I thought it was dumb when I was taught it, and I’m almost 40.

No one writes checks anymore. In fact, if you do, no one likes you. Therefore, there is no balancing a checkbook. It’s all managing your checking account, but writing a check, in a city, is a no-no. I understand a lot of people here probably still write checks and think balancing a check book matters, but it doesn’t for the kids in school right now, or the last twenty years.

No one does a “simple tax return” because tax returns aren’t simple (although they should be) and turbo tax is $50 and you can do it in your underwear in an hour or less.

Yes, the ability to perform simple math in their head is an issue. I believe everyone should be able to to basic arithmetic. But, just like reading a clock is unnecessary because everyone has a digital clock now, everyone also has a calculator on them at all times. It’s all in your phone. Right or wrong, that the way of the world now.

I write checks and do online banking. I write these checks in cursive. In my main a out I separate money to numerous things so balancing a checkbook/ acct is important and can be difficult.

More important kids should taught where money comes from, how to create money and that working for someone else most likely won't make them rich
Regardless of their education
If I understood when I was leaving high school what I understand now I would have been doing my own thing 20 years ago.
I do try to educate them young uns best I can now though if it makes their life better great

i am cancelling my subscription, i am tired of your issues!
Re: $20 Minimum wage [Re: hopalong] #7565716 07/27/19 11:20 PM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by hopalong
Ok, I will

are we gonna have to start callin you "lil beav" on tff? rofl

I haven't graduated to tff yet, that would be the lowest of the lowest

www.TexasPondPoppers.com
Loved my 4 inches. Well needed.

Hate Russians. Love happy endings. I saw snot fly. cheers

Re: $20 Minimum wage [Re: Creekrunner] #7565721 07/27/19 11:26 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Why are teachers so dam untouchable? I was one for a short period of time. There are a ton of amazing teachers. But there are also bad teachers, that need to be fired, like in any other walk of life, but it is hell trying to fire a teacher. Teachers become administrators.

flehan

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: $20 Minimum wage [Re: dogcatcher] #7565942 07/28/19 04:28 AM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
$20/hr is impossible.

It's not the dairyman...it's the minimum wage workers that make the plastic milk jugs, the workers who then bottle the milk, the guys who drive the trucks to deliver the milk to the grocery store, the grocery store employees who unload the trucks, the stock boys who put the milk on the shelf, and the cashiers who check you out when you buy the milk. When you increase the cost of delivering the milk, the cost will go up.

In a restaurant the cost of food is typically 30-35% and the labor is usually around the same percentage. The food costs would increase as well as the labor costs. Thus the price of the burger would go up...maybe not to $20, but it's not gonna stay the same price.

Re: $20 Minimum wage [Re: dogcatcher] #7565984 07/28/19 12:18 PM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
$20/hr is impossible.

Your example is using one business in the city and one business in the entire chain. Like dochorton said, if the official minimum wage is $20, that applies to everyone in the McDonald's corporation in the U.S., along with all of their vendors and all of their vendors' vendors and so on. You can pay some employees a higher wage in one link of the chain and keep prices reasonable. There is no way they could keep prices down if everyone is getting paid at least $20 per hour. This would be a disaster of epic proportions.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: $20 Minimum wage [Re: beaversnipe] #7566030 07/28/19 01:22 PM
pertnear Online Content
"Demolition Man"
Online Content
"Demolition Man"
Originally Posted by Homer Jay

But with our failed educational system

That is a really stupid thing to post.

Change my mind.

So funny and so true

#noparenting

LOL...Yes frightening but so true. I've had similar experiences with kids working the register!

The North has double last names. The South has double first names.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide