Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru [Re: Koenig] #700080 04/30/09 12:27 AM
texretvet Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Quote:

fill those water jugs w/ a turbo laxitave a water mix, make sure you write "DO NOT DRINK WATER" on it so no one will drink it.

LMAO.....that is so wrong, funny, but wrong!!

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru [Re: Rocksprings] #700081 04/30/09 12:31 AM
T
TreeBass Offline
Old Weller
Old Weller
T
Quote:

My cabin is about 1/2 mile off the road and I have been hit five times in the last 15 years. All they took was food, drink, and small items like a knife. Lets face it, if you are hungry and thirsty, you will break into someplace. I leave my door unlocked, that way I don't have to replace it or a window. There is a sign inside that reads in Spanish: Welcome my friends, help yourself to the food and water. God bless you and your family. I also have one of those Virgin Mary religious candles next to the sign. As mentioned before, 99% of these people are very religious and law abiding. Knock on wood I have not seen that 1% idiot that is out there.

hunted a place outside cortula years ago, same story, they left the doors unlocked. Said they normally show up and the place would be cleaner than when they left it

[Linked Image]

My success in life is measured by the number of hunting
and fishing stories that my kids can share with others...

Like the THF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texashuntingforum
Grizzly Coolers
Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru [Re: texretvet] #700082 04/30/09 12:39 AM
texretvet Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I do not condone illegal immigration at all, but I did want to add:

This makes me wonder how the native americans felt as they watched the white man sweep across their land. There were some that felt like some of you, and put a few arrows into the ones they saw, and the whites probably deserved it. The white man was there to take the land away that was not rightfully theirs.

I understand the want and need to protect what is yours. I understand that you do not want these people passing through your property. But, that is exactly what they are doing; passing through. They are wrong and breaking the law, but I can have compassion for them. If I were living in Mexico, I would probably cross your land as well to get to a better life.

They are not there to take from you like the white man did to the Indians. They are just trying to survive.

Or, they could be drug smugglers and need to be shot on the spot, but who knows.

Only you can prevent forest fires.

Make love not war.

I inda feel like a dirty liberal after saying all that. I need a shower and a shot of Jim.

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru [Re: texretvet] #700083 04/30/09 12:45 AM
D
d.g.ruff Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Pass me the baggy Shaggy, Scoobie wants a doobie. LOLZ

Mmmm Hmmm
Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru [Re: d.g.ruff] #700084 04/30/09 12:57 AM
texretvet Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I think I may have taken my meds twice this afternoon. Please disregard all previous and future communcations.

Maybe that's it; all liberals are on drugs!! LOL That's why they think like they do.

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru [Re: texretvet] #700085 04/30/09 03:29 AM
Tbar Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Unreal..........what is wrong with some people. If you want to give these people food and water that is fine. But hold them at gun point and call the law. They are ILLEGAL. Do you aid and abed the other criminals because they have needs??? No I didn't think so........

This country cannot continue to absorb the masses of other countries poor.

If nothing else consider the recent health risks...............

WHO warns swine flu threatening to become pandemic

MEXICO CITY – Global health authorities warned Wednesday that swine flu was threatening to bloom into a pandemic, and the virus spread farther in Europe even as the outbreak appeared to stabilize at its epicenter. A toddler who succumbed in Texas became the first death outside Mexico.

New cases and deaths finally seemed to be leveling off in Mexico, where 160 people have been killed, after an aggressive public health campaign. But the World Health Organization said the global threat is nevertheless serious enough to ramp up efforts to produce a vaccine against the virus.

"It really is all of humanity that is under threat during a pandemic," WHO Director General Margaret Chan said in Geneva. "We do not have all the answers right now, but we will get them."

It was the first time the WHO had declared a Phase 5 outbreak, the second-highest on its threat scale, indicating a pandemic could be imminent.

The first U.S. death from the outbreak was a Mexico City toddler who traveled to Texas with family and died Monday night at a Houston hospital. U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius predicted the child would not be the last U.S. death from swine flu............

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090429/ap_on_he_me/med_swine_flu

Make America Great Again

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru [Re: Tbar] #700086 04/30/09 03:33 AM
H
honcho Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
Quote:

Unreal..........what is wrong with some people. If you want to give these people food and water that is fine. But hold them at gun point and call the law. They are ILLEGAL. Do you aid and abed the other criminals because they have needs??? No I didn't think so........

The point a lot of other people on here are trying to get across.......

They just might have guns too. Go ahead, and point your gun at them.

And watch all of them pull out their AK-47's with 30rd. mags.

Smugglers kill cops on a regular basis in Mexico, you think some of them give a damn about a Texas landowner?

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru [Re: honcho] #700087 04/30/09 05:08 AM
J
JJH Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
J
Well, it's not my job to enforce the law. Shall I pull you over when you pass me doing 75 on the highway, hold you at gunpoint til a cop shows up?

Did you check the folks who built your house for a green card, or mow your lawn, or..

And if you ask a Border Patrolman what to do,(I have)... he'll say call me and let me know where they are. He dang sure doesn't want YOU hold them at gunpoint.

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru [Re: JJH] #700088 04/30/09 09:56 AM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
yall should watch the movie with cuba gooding thats about border patrol

Amat Victoria Curam - Victory Loves Preparation
Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru [Re: KWood_TSU] #700089 04/30/09 02:51 PM
T
TreeBass Offline
Old Weller
Old Weller
T
Quote:

yall should watch the movie with cuba gooding thats about border patrol

can you narrow it down? he has over 60 movies out there

[Linked Image]

My success in life is measured by the number of hunting
and fishing stories that my kids can share with others...

Like the THF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texashuntingforum
Grizzly Coolers
Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru [Re: Tbar] #700090 04/30/09 04:11 PM
F
Friction Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
F
hey dude, why so upset? did you read the url's that i provided earlier in the thread about the rancher getting sued? chances are there's going to be more than one of them and all they have to do is accuse you of doing something wrong and even if you didn't do anything there's going to be huge attorney fees. they on the other hand will have some special interest group with endless amounts of money paying for a high powered team of lawyers or if you're lucky you won't have to deal with getting sued, perhaps the fed's will bring charges of human rights violations and you can go to jail for few years. you really want to deal with that?

better to smile and call the bp.

and yes, i agree that illegal immigration is a problem but the way to fix it is for the fed's to enforce the laws and discourage businesses from hiring them. until that happens i personally don't see the problem going away.

Last edited by Bedtimeii; 04/30/09 04:16 PM.
Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru [Re: Friction] #700091 04/30/09 06:36 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
I think it might be called line watch, its a newer movie of his and he is a border patrol agent. I bet what happens in the movie very seldomly happens, but who knows.

Amat Victoria Curam - Victory Loves Preparation
Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru [Re: Friction] #700092 04/30/09 07:07 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
Quote:

fed's to enforce the laws and discourage businesses from hiring them. until that happens i personally don't see the problem going away.

It won't go away. From what I've seen most will accept cash under the table and don't expect benefits. OR like I've been told by several USDA workers at the Pilgrim's plants, that when a lot of them were fired and deported, most were back several days later, with a new 'identity' trying to get back to work.

Last edited by rifleman; 04/30/09 07:09 PM.
Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru [Re: rifleman] #700093 05/01/09 04:49 AM
R
rickey t. Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
I have a solution. You will need a few supplies. 1. Folgers coffee can. 2. Sardines. 3. A can off coke. 4. Horse fly crystals. Mix it all together, set it and forget it. LOL! Seriously though your more likely to get bit by a rattle snake then something bad happen with them. When was the last time y'all have heard something bad happen.. Out of all the hunters that posted only heard one incident although I didn't research the info. They are only passing through. I'd be hitting it up myself if I had to.

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru [Re: PrimitiveHunter] #700094 05/02/09 12:33 AM
S
scattergun Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
S
Quote:

A bunch of us were hunting the Callahan Javelina hunt one year south of Cotulla. We were sitting on the tailgate of my truck eating sandwiches when a group of three young guys came walking down the sendero. They had obviously been a long ways and still had a long ways to go to get to anywhere. All they each had was a change of clothes and a gallon milk jug of water. We fed them a couple of sandwiches each, gave them each a couple of candy bars, and they went their way. I'm well aware of the illegal immigrant issues and I think we have to secure our borders.

But, when you see three young men enduring their trek to what they hope is a better life, you just treat them as you would want someone to treat your son if he were in that position. At least we did. ICE doesn't do my job and I don't do theirs.

Our president probably has cabinet position for you.

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru [Re: Scoop] #700095 05/02/09 04:20 AM
S
Skinner0_2 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
Carefull what you do to scare them, they may hire a pro bono lawyer and take your place. They have more rights than we do in our own country. Its the American way. Sk

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru [Re: Skinner0_2] #700096 05/02/09 06:40 AM
D
deerfeeder Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
If they have managed to get to the Rocksprings area you can pretty well bet that they have been there before or they have a guide. If they are getting picked up at or near your place you can also bet the guide will be making other trips. Ask yourself whether or not you really want to harass them and how hard it would be for the guide on his next trip to just burn your camp down to the ground? What's he got to loose if he has to find a new route?

Best thing you can do is get hold of the BP, show them where it is happening and let them put their sensors in and take care of it that way. It's their job, and if they are getting beat regularily in a given area you can be pretty sure they will add resources as necessary to catch them. Rocksprings has a BP office and so does Uvalde.

Unless they are directly threatening you, my opinion is, all the illegal aliens in the country ain't worth going to jail for.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide