Texas Hunting Forum

Unwanted visitors passing thru

Posted By: Scoop

Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/29/09 07:16 AM

Anybody ever have a problem with "non-US-citizens" on their ranch/lease. Had a neighbor catch some on game cam a few months ago leaving my land, and this weekend we heard them at one of my water tanks at about 10pm. I had a generator going and they were about 100 yards through the woods, but you could clearly hear them talking. Thought they would avoid the area knowing we were there.

I leave water out hoping they will leave stuff alone, and nothing has ever been damaged or stolen, but having them pretty much walk up on us in camp this past weekend gets me to thinkin about it a little different. Don't want my place to become a regular stopover point for the journey north, and I am not 100% sure whats in those big packs those guys in the pic were carrying, if you get my drift....

Talked to the a deputy sheriff several months back, and he wanted to know about stuff like that, but what can they do out in that country? Its not exactly on the beaten path.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Posted By: Inky Doc

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/29/09 07:20 AM

I would do something to scare the hell out of them. I hate that crap.

Posted By: Closed Traverse

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/29/09 07:20 AM

they were probably carrying a chit ton of tortillas, and other food such as that along with a few clothes. they usually wont bother things, nor do they like to steal anything but food. My uncles ranch ahd them regularly going through that rough country, idk how they can take it. but anyway, they had there kitchen seperate and keep it unlocked with signs all over the camp saying that the food is kept in the kitchen and that there isnt any in the house. theyve had a few things missing like loaves of bread and lil stuff like that, they never took the stuff like steaks and all that. one day they had a buncha border patrol running around the place with a chopper and everything, uncle went to talk to em and they said that they lost the aliens, but they had the chpper looking for thier guys that got lost out there on that ranch lol!!

Posted By: rifleman

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/29/09 07:27 AM

I saw my first ones in the wild on my friend's place when I went to Rocksprings at the end of March. They crossed the shooting lane @ 215 yards.

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/29/09 07:29 AM

i think if i ever have em cross my lane like that im gonna open fire, not at them due to liability reasons, but just to watch them scramble lol!!!

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/29/09 07:30 AM

Quote:

I would do something to scare the hell out of them. I hate that crap.

I did make a lot of noise, and drive that way in the old Ford deisel, and lock up everything that night, but didn't want to go all Rambo on them or anything. I just don't like them on my property, especially not at one of the main wildlife water holes, keeping game off of it.

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/29/09 07:31 AM

Quote:

I saw my first ones in the wild on my friend's place when I went to Rocksprings at the end of March. They crossed the shooting lane @ 215 yards.

I'm about 40 miles south of there...

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/29/09 07:32 AM

Quote:

i think if i ever have em cross my lane like that im gonna open fire, not at them due to liability reasons, but just to watch them scramble lol!!!

lol, the hoyt would have scared the mess out of them at that range.

Posted By: Rwuensch

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/29/09 07:32 AM

That is a bad situation. I would call the Border Patrol to see if they can help.

What ever you do don't try to confront them in the dark, you never know who or what type of people they might be. You don't want to shoot a guy trying to feed his family, or get shot by some drug runner.

Call the PoPo for sure.

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/29/09 07:38 AM

Quote:

they were probably carrying a chit ton of tortillas, and other food such as that along with a few clothes.

Funny you should mention that. I have a big hog trap right by there that I usually throw food scraps in, and there's usually some tortillas in there that are past their prime. I thought it odd that this weekend every tortilla was gone in the morning, but the white bread and all the other scraps were un-touched. Figured it was really selective raccoons, but maybe my 'guests' were doing some ranch style 'dumpster diving'....

Posted By: moderno

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/29/09 07:44 AM

U. S. Border Patrol is who I deal with when I have a problem. I have had them break in to my house at the ranch in Crystal City about 5 times in 17 or so years. All they ever took was canned food, bottled water and beer. They never touch my Jim Beam or J&B Scotch.

You can see where they had a small pachanga, where they made a small fire and ate and drank the goods, and left a pile of empty cans.

I haven't been broken into since 9/11 but you still see them in the area but not near as much as in the past.

I called the BP and they sent some officers out for me to show them where they were waiting to be picked up. This area had a lot of trash left there. Shoes, boots, clothes,backpacks, water bottles and the like.

They caught a few bunches there, and I guess they have found a different place to be picked up, cause we dont see that many anymore. All the trash is gone, I cleared that corner out with a dozer.

I have had them run through my fence in a truck while the BP was chasing them, and ended up with a free truck out of the deal, that I still have on the ranch, and it runs too. 1994 chevy 2500

But I think the ones that are comeing across now, are comeing for different reasons than to find work

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/29/09 07:45 AM

Quote:

That is a bad situation. I would call the Border Patrol to see if they can help.

What ever you do don't try to confront them in the dark, you never know who or what type of people they might be. You don't want to shoot a guy trying to feed his family, or get shot by some drug runner.

Call the PoPo for sure.

I'm right there with ya.... just wish there was someting I could do short of shutting off the H2O that would discourage them from stopping by. Don't think a confrontation is gonna make things better. Old story, but only a few miles from me is the little ranch where several years ago some land owners tried to 'detain' some squatters who had taken up residence in their cabin. Ended up shooting one in the leg, and he bled out. That did not go well for them.

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/29/09 07:51 AM

Change your No Trespassing sign to something similar to

¡Todos Intrusos serán disparados!

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/29/09 07:55 AM

Quote:

I called the BP and they sent some officers out for me to show them where they were waiting to be picked up. This area had a lot of trash left there. Shoes, boots, clothes,backpacks, water bottles and the like.

They caught a few bunches there, and I guess they have found a different place to be picked up, cause we dont see that many anymore. All the trash is gone, I cleared that corner out with a dozer.

Never thought of them hiking to a pick up point, but it makes sense. INS patrols the Hwy 674 from Brackett up to the Edwards County line really heavy cuz its used to bypass the checkpoint on Hwy 90. My place is a few miles off the main drag, with heavy cover, and a series of old gravel roads. It would be 20+ miles of rough hiking, but you could get through on foot where the roads are covered 24/7, and get picked up past the main area of INS traffic stops.

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/29/09 08:08 AM

Shooting just to scare them might be a bad idea. There have been sightings of a line of them walking with backpacks on and the leader had what appeaed to be a AR 15 slung over his shoulder.

Most of the time they are being led by someone that knows just where he is going. It aint his first time, so he knows what is ahead, and probablly very much aware of whats around.

I have had a few walk up on me while I was running a dozer, they just wanted to know how far it was to Crystal City and they asked if I would give them a drink of water, which I did. They also wanted to know if I had some work for them. They were just young boys around 15 or so.

Posted By: texascowboy

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/29/09 08:25 AM

went out with a friend of mine and we were talking about this same thing the other day, him and his other buddie were out doing some hunting and just about the time they got ready to leave they ran into about 15 of 'em : said at first he didn't know what to do but , the "others" just looked all freaked out and just kept on walking and never looked back. His buddy just kinda of laughed and said he see's them all the time. Here is my ???? { kind of different thing..almost} with all the problems right now like the "swine flu" thing going on and all the other diaises coming from over ther why doesn't goverment step up and do more?? I'm all for everyone making an honest living but, what is it gonna take for them to do something??

sorry for the rant just a little upset and watching the news does not help.

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/29/09 08:37 AM

and its only gonna get worse. I heard on the news tonight Mexico was loosing 50 million a day from lost revenue from all the cafes and eating places that the government has shut down cause of the pig-flu deal down there

Posted By: DSST_Construction

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/29/09 08:48 AM

watch out for the swine flu lol dont let them near your water supply, lol

Posted By: HWY_MAN

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/29/09 03:24 PM

Most excitement I've seen was when my buddy’s wife stepped in a 4x8 box blind down by El Indio on a cold January morning. 4 boys between 16 and 20 were in there trying to stay warm. Put her in another blind after she settled down and the rancher loaded the boy's up and took them to the lodge fed them a hot meal and sent them on they're way. Don't no who was screaming loudest, her or them boy's.

Posted By: AdgerC15

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/29/09 03:31 PM

there was a funny set of game cam pictures earlier this spring that showed all kinds of animals visiting a water hole, then a few "illegal aliens" stoppin in for a drink as well.
pretty crazy!

Posted By: Friction

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/29/09 04:08 PM

thought it was against federal law to provide transpo for illegals, you or your buddy might want to quit doing that if that's the case.

as far as illegals trespassing, just leave them alone as much as possible and notify the bp, next thing you know you're in court on a human rights violation and then having to selling your land to pay them compensation.

Posted By: RICK O'SHAY

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/29/09 04:34 PM

When I hunted the trans pecos they used to stop at our camp and would eat a can of pork n beans or sardines. we got to where we left them there for them, never had any other problems or saw them.
But that was 20 yrs ago...

Posted By: Tbar

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/29/09 05:21 PM

I do not understand the tolerance with this. At best it's trespassing.

If their were hords of white Caucasians crossing peoples property they would be up in arms raising !@#$.

Tbar

Posted By: gary roberson

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/29/09 05:30 PM

Have had hundreds of contacts with illegals with no problems. It was the ones that I did not see that stole two different pickups through the years. The last one that was stolen was driven through ranches until they ran out of gas. Evidently were not too good at driving for they ran over lots of big rocks and brush.
The first incident occurred many years ago on the ranch in Medina Co. We found the truck rolled into our pasture off a Co. road. They were headed south, full of beer when the wreck took place.

Posted By: PrimitiveHunter

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/29/09 06:14 PM

A bunch of us were hunting the Callahan Javelina hunt one year south of Cotulla. We were sitting on the tailgate of my truck eating sandwiches when a group of three young guys came walking down the sendero. They had obviously been a long ways and still had a long ways to go to get to anywhere. All they each had was a change of clothes and a gallon milk jug of water. We fed them a couple of sandwiches each, gave them each a couple of candy bars, and they went their way. I'm well aware of the illegal immigrant issues and I think we have to secure our borders.

But, when you see three young men enduring their trek to what they hope is a better life, you just treat them as you would want someone to treat your son if he were in that position. At least we did. ICE doesn't do my job and I don't do theirs.

Posted By: BenBob

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/29/09 06:14 PM

You might as well leave out some food and water, because they are crossing all of the time. You can say and do what you want, but they are crossing every day. I was on a lease in South Texas one year and got in the blind before daylight and heard crunching all around the feeder after everything settled down. I was getting fired up about bunches of deer. When I could finally see, I was dissappointed to see 4 illegals picking up and chewing or eating on corn that had been thrown from the feeder. In the short time they were there, I never heard a word spoken. They looked up and saw me in the blind and scurried off into the brush. That was years ago and the only thing I felt for them was sympathy. Man what a tough life back then---now days, things have changed. I have had numerous contacts with them since and never a problem. It is scary just to look up and see a person sneaking through the underbrush, but we see far fewer now than we did years ago.

Hunted on a place outside of Marathon, Texas and the rancher left the cabin door unlocked to keep them from breaking in. INS also had positioned movement detectors in the cabin and caught quite a few there throughout the year. We turned them off when we were there. Eventually they stopped using his hunting shck because so many of them got caught there.

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/29/09 06:26 PM

Quote:

If their were hords of white Caucasians crossing peoples property they would be up in arms raising !@#$.

Tbar

people can do what want with their property.

i am suggesting caution because you know as i do that they are a "protected" class of people who are not only protected by the mexican gov't but ours as well.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/feb/09/16-illegals-sue-arizona-rancher/

http://sfcmac.wordpress.com/2009/02/11/illegal-aliens-sue-rancher-for-protecting-his-property/

its just me but attorneys and court cost can be very expensive and i would try to avoid the headaches and spend the money elsewhere.

"but its your life, so do what like..."
Loverboy

Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/29/09 06:29 PM

Its a sad life for them but as we all read things have changed. Its not all about just a better life now as the drugs are now the main concern. I would be very careful and would not be at all surprised if we don't have our own Pirate situation here at home. jmo

Posted By: JJH

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/29/09 06:36 PM

Quote:

Tbar

Why would it matter what color they are? I got no problem with a man trying to trying to help his family and better himself. 99% of them do no damage, just walking thru. Just because their government and ours has screwed things up so badly, doesn't dictate how we as individuals deal with another individual.

Having said that, I will say that when in S.TX. I keep a loaded 12ga. next to my bed, just in case.

Posted By: Big Tony

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/29/09 07:24 PM

You said 99% not 100% so maybe that shotgun aint a bad idea.

Posted By: highlonesome1

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/29/09 07:55 PM

Our insurance agent called a while back and told us that illeagals were showing up on game cams armed. My SIL confirmed this (she is an LEO in Concho County) and added they were looking to get LEO's in retalliation for a dealer that died in prison. I wouldn't mess with these guys. They are looking for a fight (some)

Posted By: Rocksprings

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/29/09 08:04 PM

About three years ago an Edwards County Deputy Sheriff was prosecuted and sent to prison for shooting one by accident. Their was a vehicle full of them that he had stopped and when he walked up to the car the driver sped off. He shot at the tires of a vehicle and one bullet ricocheted off the road and nicked a female who was in the back seat. He was no-billed by the State but the Feds said he violated her civil rights, go figure.

Posted By: the rattler

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/29/09 09:29 PM

A peace offering of water or cans of beans usually means they will respect your place but no gurantees. If you let the border patrol know & if you can ever get them on your land to watch it or go after a few then your place gets moved off the preferrred path for a while. Peace brother

Posted By: d.g.ruff

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/29/09 10:21 PM

I would learn some ugly words in Spanish, and try to find the HNIC. Or in this case, the head HMIC. Someone has to be showing them the trail? It's like roaches or ants. I'd definately tell the closest BP agent I could find. In the meantime, I'd try my best to make it look like their trail is haunted with evil spirits from looong ago.

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/29/09 10:44 PM

Quote:

A peace offering of water or cans of beans usually means they will respect your place but no gurantees. If you let the border patrol know & if you can ever get them on your land to watch it or go after a few then your place gets moved off the preferrred path for a while. Peace brother

I do the water / canned food thing on the front porch, and once in a while some disappears. They even dump the cans/bottles in a little trash can I have there. So far no real problems.... of course, my place is forted up pretty good, which helps. It just surprised me that they were walking that close to my camp making no effort to be quiet....

Makes me look at things in a different light.... I hate to feel this way, but now I'm locking up tight at night, and packing my 40 wherever I go on the ranch.

This Friday on my way out I'll stop and talk to the BP agent I see along the road every trip out and fill him in on the deal. Appears to be his turf out there.

Doug

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/29/09 10:52 PM

If they "were" muling drugs across the river, they could be dangerous. And most definately on the firearm. That should be required in my mind. I mean, what if you wanted to shoot a mountain lion even?

Posted By: CitySlickerHunter

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/29/09 11:01 PM

7Mag is an "expert" on things like this. You should consult him on all matters/subjects like this.

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/29/09 11:06 PM

Quote:

If they "were" muling drugs across the river, they could be dangerous. And most definately on the firearm. That should be required in my mind. I mean, what if you wanted to shoot a mountain lion even?

i suggest you google "campion and ramos".

not worth getting killed or going to jail over it.

Posted By: Koenig

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/29/09 11:12 PM

Dude get some lions and do some exotic hunts, and the immigrants will act as feeders.

Posted By: RYNO wheels

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/29/09 11:17 PM

x2. Panthers would do the trick.....

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/29/09 11:17 PM

anyone ever wonder how many of them go onto large ranches, where owners or their ranch hands have a serious hate on for them and never make it off and the SSS is in effect? I mean who exactly would know to look for them, or where to even start looking? Just to be clear, I DO NOT support that, but the question was presented to me after seeing those on my friend's place and it ot me to thinking.

Posted By: RYNO wheels

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/29/09 11:25 PM

My problem is they are probably poaching the land they are on as well.

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/29/09 11:26 PM

Quote:

Quote:

i suggest you google "campion and ramos".

not worth getting killed or going to jail over it.

I gaurantee you I'll die before I let someone else do with MY LAND as they please! Same goes for ANY of MY Property!

Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/29/09 11:37 PM

Quote:

My problem is they are probably poaching the land they are on as well.

I don't know how many deer a milk jug can kill.

My buddy walked up on some at his S. Tex ranch. Dang place was on their map as a safe was to travel they were told by border patrol. One guy broke his leg so my buddy gave him food and water and was very thankful. Then he got really mad for some reason the border patrol came and picked him up. His buddies ran off into the brush.

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/29/09 11:40 PM

Quote:

Dang place was on their map as a safe was to travel

lol, they should ban the use of Google Earth in Mexico!!

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/29/09 11:41 PM

Quote:

lol, they should ban the use of Google Earth in Mexico!!

lmao

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/29/09 11:44 PM

ummm, you misread, or i didn't clearly convey my point, or i misread someone else's point before replying.

you can do what you want with your land, if you see illegals on it i would take a few minutes and think about the situation before acting, but hey that's just me... you can read and heed or disregard, no difference to me.

wish you the best if you're ever in that kind of situation.

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/30/09 12:09 AM

Apparently I did misread, lol. I'm on vacation (means I'm off work for a week,lol) and I have a buzz. Therefore, in the safety of my computer room, I declare myself the meanest, biggest, baddest MOFO this side of the bedroom! But that's only good till the Missus gets home, lol. Some of these computers ought to have a breathilizer on them before posting, ha. I made a post on the OT that was terminated immediately

Posted By: Koenig

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/30/09 12:17 AM

fill those water jugs w/ a turbo laxitave a water mix, make sure you write "DO NOT DRINK WATER" on it so no one will drink it.

Posted By: Rocksprings

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/30/09 12:19 AM

My cabin is about 1/2 mile off the road and I have been hit five times in the last 15 years. All they took was food, drink, and small items like a knife. Lets face it, if you are hungry and thirsty, you will break into someplace. I leave my door unlocked, that way I don't have to replace it or a window. There is a sign inside that reads in Spanish: Welcome my friends, help yourself to the food and water. God bless you and your family. I also have one of those Virgin Mary religious candles next to the sign. As mentioned before, 99% of these people are very religious and law abiding. Knock on wood I have not seen that 1% idiot that is out there.

Posted By: texretvet

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/30/09 12:27 AM

Quote:

fill those water jugs w/ a turbo laxitave a water mix, make sure you write "DO NOT DRINK WATER" on it so no one will drink it.

LMAO.....that is so wrong, funny, but wrong!!

Posted By: TreeBass

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/30/09 12:31 AM

Quote:

My cabin is about 1/2 mile off the road and I have been hit five times in the last 15 years. All they took was food, drink, and small items like a knife. Lets face it, if you are hungry and thirsty, you will break into someplace. I leave my door unlocked, that way I don't have to replace it or a window. There is a sign inside that reads in Spanish: Welcome my friends, help yourself to the food and water. God bless you and your family. I also have one of those Virgin Mary religious candles next to the sign. As mentioned before, 99% of these people are very religious and law abiding. Knock on wood I have not seen that 1% idiot that is out there.

hunted a place outside cortula years ago, same story, they left the doors unlocked. Said they normally show up and the place would be cleaner than when they left it

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/30/09 12:39 AM

I do not condone illegal immigration at all, but I did want to add:

This makes me wonder how the native americans felt as they watched the white man sweep across their land. There were some that felt like some of you, and put a few arrows into the ones they saw, and the whites probably deserved it. The white man was there to take the land away that was not rightfully theirs.

I understand the want and need to protect what is yours. I understand that you do not want these people passing through your property. But, that is exactly what they are doing; passing through. They are wrong and breaking the law, but I can have compassion for them. If I were living in Mexico, I would probably cross your land as well to get to a better life.

They are not there to take from you like the white man did to the Indians. They are just trying to survive.

Or, they could be drug smugglers and need to be shot on the spot, but who knows.

Only you can prevent forest fires.

Make love not war.

I inda feel like a dirty liberal after saying all that. I need a shower and a shot of Jim.

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/30/09 12:45 AM

Pass me the baggy Shaggy, Scoobie wants a doobie. LOLZ

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/30/09 12:57 AM

I think I may have taken my meds twice this afternoon. Please disregard all previous and future communcations.

Maybe that's it; all liberals are on drugs!! LOL That's why they think like they do.

Posted By: Tbar

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/30/09 03:29 AM

Unreal..........what is wrong with some people. If you want to give these people food and water that is fine. But hold them at gun point and call the law. They are ILLEGAL. Do you aid and abed the other criminals because they have needs??? No I didn't think so........

This country cannot continue to absorb the masses of other countries poor.

If nothing else consider the recent health risks...............

WHO warns swine flu threatening to become pandemic

MEXICO CITY – Global health authorities warned Wednesday that swine flu was threatening to bloom into a pandemic, and the virus spread farther in Europe even as the outbreak appeared to stabilize at its epicenter. A toddler who succumbed in Texas became the first death outside Mexico.

New cases and deaths finally seemed to be leveling off in Mexico, where 160 people have been killed, after an aggressive public health campaign. But the World Health Organization said the global threat is nevertheless serious enough to ramp up efforts to produce a vaccine against the virus.

"It really is all of humanity that is under threat during a pandemic," WHO Director General Margaret Chan said in Geneva. "We do not have all the answers right now, but we will get them."

It was the first time the WHO had declared a Phase 5 outbreak, the second-highest on its threat scale, indicating a pandemic could be imminent.

The first U.S. death from the outbreak was a Mexico City toddler who traveled to Texas with family and died Monday night at a Houston hospital. U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius predicted the child would not be the last U.S. death from swine flu............

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090429/ap_on_he_me/med_swine_flu

Posted By: honcho

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/30/09 03:33 AM

Quote:

Unreal..........what is wrong with some people. If you want to give these people food and water that is fine. But hold them at gun point and call the law. They are ILLEGAL. Do you aid and abed the other criminals because they have needs??? No I didn't think so........

The point a lot of other people on here are trying to get across.......

They just might have guns too. Go ahead, and point your gun at them.

And watch all of them pull out their AK-47's with 30rd. mags.

Smugglers kill cops on a regular basis in Mexico, you think some of them give a damn about a Texas landowner?

Posted By: JJH

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/30/09 05:08 AM

Well, it's not my job to enforce the law. Shall I pull you over when you pass me doing 75 on the highway, hold you at gunpoint til a cop shows up?

Did you check the folks who built your house for a green card, or mow your lawn, or..

And if you ask a Border Patrolman what to do,(I have)... he'll say call me and let me know where they are. He dang sure doesn't want YOU hold them at gunpoint.

Posted By: KWood_TSU

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/30/09 09:56 AM

yall should watch the movie with cuba gooding thats about border patrol

Posted By: TreeBass

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/30/09 02:51 PM

Quote:

yall should watch the movie with cuba gooding thats about border patrol

can you narrow it down? he has over 60 movies out there

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/30/09 04:11 PM

hey dude, why so upset? did you read the url's that i provided earlier in the thread about the rancher getting sued? chances are there's going to be more than one of them and all they have to do is accuse you of doing something wrong and even if you didn't do anything there's going to be huge attorney fees. they on the other hand will have some special interest group with endless amounts of money paying for a high powered team of lawyers or if you're lucky you won't have to deal with getting sued, perhaps the fed's will bring charges of human rights violations and you can go to jail for few years. you really want to deal with that?

better to smile and call the bp.

and yes, i agree that illegal immigration is a problem but the way to fix it is for the fed's to enforce the laws and discourage businesses from hiring them. until that happens i personally don't see the problem going away.

Posted By: KWood_TSU

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/30/09 06:36 PM

I think it might be called line watch, its a newer movie of his and he is a border patrol agent. I bet what happens in the movie very seldomly happens, but who knows.

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 04/30/09 07:07 PM

Quote:

fed's to enforce the laws and discourage businesses from hiring them. until that happens i personally don't see the problem going away.

It won't go away. From what I've seen most will accept cash under the table and don't expect benefits. OR like I've been told by several USDA workers at the Pilgrim's plants, that when a lot of them were fired and deported, most were back several days later, with a new 'identity' trying to get back to work.

Posted By: rickey t.

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 05/01/09 04:49 AM

I have a solution. You will need a few supplies. 1. Folgers coffee can. 2. Sardines. 3. A can off coke. 4. Horse fly crystals. Mix it all together, set it and forget it. LOL! Seriously though your more likely to get bit by a rattle snake then something bad happen with them. When was the last time y'all have heard something bad happen.. Out of all the hunters that posted only heard one incident although I didn't research the info. They are only passing through. I'd be hitting it up myself if I had to.

Posted By: scattergun

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 05/02/09 12:33 AM

Quote:

A bunch of us were hunting the Callahan Javelina hunt one year south of Cotulla. We were sitting on the tailgate of my truck eating sandwiches when a group of three young guys came walking down the sendero. They had obviously been a long ways and still had a long ways to go to get to anywhere. All they each had was a change of clothes and a gallon milk jug of water. We fed them a couple of sandwiches each, gave them each a couple of candy bars, and they went their way. I'm well aware of the illegal immigrant issues and I think we have to secure our borders.

But, when you see three young men enduring their trek to what they hope is a better life, you just treat them as you would want someone to treat your son if he were in that position. At least we did. ICE doesn't do my job and I don't do theirs.

Our president probably has cabinet position for you.

Posted By: Skinner0_2

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 05/02/09 04:20 AM

Carefull what you do to scare them, they may hire a pro bono lawyer and take your place. They have more rights than we do in our own country. Its the American way. Sk

Posted By: deerfeeder

Re: Unwanted visitors passing thru - 05/02/09 06:40 AM

If they have managed to get to the Rocksprings area you can pretty well bet that they have been there before or they have a guide. If they are getting picked up at or near your place you can also bet the guide will be making other trips. Ask yourself whether or not you really want to harass them and how hard it would be for the guide on his next trip to just burn your camp down to the ground? What's he got to loose if he has to find a new route?

Best thing you can do is get hold of the BP, show them where it is happening and let them put their sensors in and take care of it that way. It's their job, and if they are getting beat regularily in a given area you can be pretty sure they will add resources as necessary to catch them. Rocksprings has a BP office and so does Uvalde.

Unless they are directly threatening you, my opinion is, all the illegal aliens in the country ain't worth going to jail for.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum