Forums46
Topics538,678
Posts9,739,975
Members87,103
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Need Help getting a rifle to group! [Re: ltsheets] #5099421 05/04/14 09:43 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: ltsheets
Yup, turns out the action screws were the issue. I'm probably gonna get a B&C stock for it now in the next couple months to drop some weight for backpacking.

Shocking that tightening the screws worked! Now you're swapping stocks so bedding the last one would''ve been a waste of time, money, and effort. I'm glad everything worked out.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Need Help getting a rifle to group! [Re: J.G.] #5099435 05/04/14 09:55 PM
B
BMD Offline
Silver Spoon
Silver Spoon
B
Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
Yup, turns out the action screws were the issue. I'm probably gonna get a B&C stock for it now in the next couple months to drop some weight for backpacking.

Shocking that tightening the screws worked! Now you're swapping stocks so bedding the last one would''ve been a waste of time, money, and effort. I'm glad everything worked out.

Bedding is never a waste of money that is pure ignorance. If a screw came lil loose the rifle would still connect if it had happened unknown hunting, and if you by a b/c you definitely need to bed!

Re: Need Help getting a rifle to group! [Re: J.G.] #5099445 05/04/14 10:03 PM
K
Karnis Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
K
Bedding a waste of time and money? Har. Spoken by a true internet rifle ninja.

BTW, what do you bed your rifles with? Oh wait. You can't and therefore don't recommend it because it's all hogwash. Right?

Re: Need Help getting a rifle to group! [Re: BMD] #5099465 05/04/14 10:17 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: BMD

Bedding is never a waste of money that is pure ignorance. If a screw came lil loose the rifle would still connect if it had happened unknown hunting, and if you by a b/c you definitely need to bed!

Sure he may need to bed a B & C, wouldn't surprise me at all. Lets recap since there's some reading comprehension problems here.

Rifle wouldn't group.
Optic is tight to the rifle.
Barrel gets cleaned every time out.
Action screws MAY have been loose.

Several of us suggested 1. Tighten the action screws. 2. Foul the barrel, and see what those two steps produce. AFTER checking off those two steps reevaluate. And I'll be damned if it didn't turn into a 1" rifle. Now if he were going to keep the stock it may shoot even better after bedding this stock, but he is not keeping this stock, he is switching to a B & C. The barreled action, and optics are not a problem that's a relief. So if he gets a new stock there is no way it is a bad idea to bed the new stock or bed this stock if he keeps it. The point was and is that bedding is step 3. Don't put step 3 in front of 1 and 2.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Re: Need Help getting a rifle to group! [Re: ltsheets] #5099466 05/04/14 10:17 PM
R
Ramball36 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Ole BMD...I bet all salesman love watching you walk through the door

Re: Need Help getting a rifle to group! [Re: Ramball36] #5099485 05/04/14 10:27 PM
B
BMD Offline
Silver Spoon
Silver Spoon
B
Originally Posted By: Ramball36

That shows how lil you know about me, not to mention what the hell does that have to do with bedding?

Last edited by BMD; 05/04/14 10:29 PM.
Re: Need Help getting a rifle to group! [Re: J.G.] #5099490 05/04/14 10:32 PM
B
BMD Offline
Silver Spoon
Silver Spoon
B

Sure he may need to bed a B & C, wouldn't surprise me at all. Lets recap since there's some reading comprehension problems here.

Rifle wouldn't group.

Several of us suggested 1. Tighten the action screws. 2. Foul the barrel, and see what those two steps produce. AFTER checking off those two steps reevaluate. And I'll be damned if it didn't turn into a 1" rifle. Now if he were going to keep the stock it may shoot even better after bedding this stock, but he is not keeping this stock, he is switching to a B & C. The barreled action, and optics are not a problem that's a relief. So if he gets a new stock there is no way it is a bad idea to bed the new stock or bed this stock if he keeps it. The point was and is that bedding is step 3. Don't put step 3 in front of 1 and 2.

Step one to me is make the tool the best it can be so when and if the shot of a lifetime happens everything is as good as can be for the loose nut behind the trigger. I figure if it is worth doing it is worth doing right!

Re: Need Help getting a rifle to group! [Re: BMD] #5099508 05/04/14 10:48 PM
R
Ramball36 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

That shows how lil you know about me, not to mention what the hell does that have to do with bedding?

Has to do with throwing money at a problem instead of troubleshooting it. We get it you buy yourself the best of everything, then post it for us to gawk at. some of us are more proud to do stuff on our own instead of shelling our Benjamins like were the Donald Trump of the THF.

Re: Need Help getting a rifle to group! [Re: Ramball36] #5099513 05/04/14 10:50 PM
B
BMD Offline
Silver Spoon
Silver Spoon
B

Has to do with throwing money at a problem instead of troubleshooting it. We get it you buy yourself the best of everything, then post it for us to gawk at. some of us are more proud to do stuff on our own instead of shelling our Benjamins like were the Donald Trump of the THF.

I don't have to throw money at that problem cause I know to bed my rifles and have not thrown a a dime at it dumb arse so again tell me how much you know?

Re: Need Help getting a rifle to group! [Re: ltsheets] #5099515 05/04/14 10:53 PM
R
Ramball36 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
I know I don't need to bed my rifle to shoot livestock at 63 yards. Other than that not much

Re: Need Help getting a rifle to group! [Re: Ramball36] #5099517 05/04/14 10:53 PM
B
BMD Offline
Silver Spoon
Silver Spoon
B

Lol you know so little about me it is comical.

Re: Need Help getting a rifle to group! [Re: ltsheets] #5099519 05/04/14 10:54 PM
R
Ramball36 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
But thanks for the personal attack, I'll put it in my scrapbook

Re: Need Help getting a rifle to group! [Re: Ramball36] #5099520 05/04/14 10:55 PM
B
BMD Offline
Silver Spoon
Silver Spoon
B
I know I don't need to bed my rifle to shoot livestock at 63 yards. Other than that not much

Live stock. Lol again continue to show your ignorance. rofl

Re: Need Help getting a rifle to group! [Re: ltsheets] #5099524 05/04/14 11:00 PM
R
Ramball36 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Anyways, back to the OP. Glad logic held on and you could figure it out on your own, as opposed to spending money on something you're replacing.

Re: Need Help getting a rifle to group! [Re: J.G.] #5099526 05/04/14 11:02 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

Rifle wouldn't group.

Step one for me is bed.

why wouldn't you want a bedded rifle. Why wouldn't you want a action that will be consitant with its stock 100% of the time no matter if your at 80% humidity or 10%, or riding on a 4 wheeler or carring your rifle with a pillow

Only one way to make sure all things are consistant and not moving and that's bedding it.

Atleast that's my opinion

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Need Help getting a rifle to group! [Re: Ramball36] #5099528 05/04/14 11:04 PM
B
BMD Offline
Silver Spoon
Silver Spoon
B
But thanks for the personal attack, I'll put it in my scrapbook

Really personal attack? Look who jumped in and started in on me and I damn sure didn't pull your string? And because I put in 8 years managing a lease and we take great bucks that qualifies as hunting livestock think I care my daughter shot a zebra here in Texas? You jealous or what? I don't give a damn what you think about me or the trophies on my wall but pretty sure you can't call em livestock. Lmao. Guess guys shouldn't throw money your way to solve their problem with their stand or whatever they need welded. Nice sales pitch.

Re: Need Help getting a rifle to group! [Re: ltsheets] #5099547 05/04/14 11:23 PM
B
Bullfrog Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
SMH cheers

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by machinist
Man if I knew what Oxner knows I could throw away what I know
Re: Need Help getting a rifle to group! [Re: ltsheets] #5099550 05/04/14 11:23 PM
N
nsmike Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
N
I just have a problem with assuming a stock isn't bedded properly. I believe if it isn't broke don't fix it. Even Mr McMillian said 'that a clue to whether a stock should be bedded is whether the rifle would shoot 1 MOA groups'. You can do what you want I'm going to shoot mine first.

for every stereotype there's a prototype don't be the prototype
Re: Need Help getting a rifle to group! [Re: ltsheets] #5099551 05/04/14 11:23 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

I am not nor have I ever disputed that. What if the barrel was chit? And won't shoot no matter if it is bedded or not, and a guy doesn't want to pay for another barrel to be shipped then a smith to do the machining. Maybe a guy would rather sell the rifle and buy one that will shoot. By all means bed it, as mentioned I have one bedded rifle, the 7 Rem Mag, and I didn't ever shoot it until it was done including bedding. But the OP had a good rifle that should've shot but wouldn't. Loose action screws? Well fix that first and see if it gets better, and it did.

Same thing as all of the tail lights go out on your truck. Do you check the fuses first or replace all the bulbs?
[/quote]

Step one for me is bed.

why wouldn't you want a bedded rifle. Why wouldn't you want a action that will be consitant with its stock 100% of the time no matter if your at 80% humidity or 10%, or riding on a 4 wheeler or carring your rifle with a pillow

Only one way to make sure all things are consistant and not moving and that's bedding it.

Atleast that's my opinion[/quote]

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Re: Need Help getting a rifle to group! [Re: ltsheets] #5099561 05/04/14 11:28 PM
B
BMD Offline
Silver Spoon
Silver Spoon
B
So jg you saying bedding is better or not? You kinda talk out both sides your mouth. confused2

Re: Need Help getting a rifle to group! [Re: ltsheets] #5099570 05/04/14 11:32 PM
R
Ramball36 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
You're really not getting his point are you...incredible

Re: Need Help getting a rifle to group! [Re: Ramball36] #5099581 05/04/14 11:43 PM
K
Karnis Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
K

Nice post from a libtard. Who PMd you it was time to add nothing of value? One of the quintuplets?

Re: Need Help getting a rifle to group! [Re: Ramball36] #5099584 05/04/14 11:44 PM
B
BMD Offline
Silver Spoon
Silver Spoon
B

I get his point I don't agree with him. I comprehend English just fine. You just keep shooting your unbedded rifle up

Re: Need Help getting a rifle to group! [Re: Karnis] #5099586 05/04/14 11:45 PM
B
BMD Offline
Silver Spoon
Silver Spoon
B
Originally Posted By: Karnis

Nice post from a libtard. Who PMd you it was time to add nothing of value? One of the quintuplets?

rofl

Re: Need Help getting a rifle to group! [Re: BMD] #5099588 05/04/14 11:47 PM
B
BMD Offline
Silver Spoon
Silver Spoon
B

I get his point I don't agree with him. I comprehend English just fine. You just keep shooting your unbedded rifle up

We know you want to cheerleader

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide