Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: Jeff Elder] #4821311 12/09/13 06:04 PM
M
mohunter Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
Wow, well said, I agree with Jeff as well, what is this world coming to now.

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: Hopedale] #4821315 12/09/13 06:06 PM
H
hunt91 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
Originally Posted By: Hopedale
Originally Posted By: beaversnipe
I will pass a law to ban duckcalls on public and only shoot 2 3/4 nr 4 loads and no choke thighter than ic.
Problem solved.

I'll support your bill provided we add an amendment to no more than 15 shells in your position.

This is spot on. It would 100% change the game I think.

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: Jeff Elder] #4821327 12/09/13 06:08 PM
H
hunt91 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H
Originally Posted By: Jeff Elder
There is a handful of guys Ive been watching on here for years, even before DD that hunt public and shoot nothing but spoons and jacks and every now and then get a marina mallard. They constantly blame some guy named Barny for all their problems in their life as a public duck hunter. They complain about the lake they hunt yet keep going back to same lake then post on here again and again about some guy named Barny that jacks up their hunt. My question is how long do you do the same thing over and over before your switch comes on and you change some things up. If you are going get up at two AM to guard your spot till LST, then why don't you get up at 2 am and drive to a lake you can launch at 5:30 and not have everyone else trying to hunt by you. I also think that most guys that blame this guy named Barny don't really scout good and Im thinking they also don't have a clue what ducks are looking for as far as food, rest, shelter, but again its that guy named Barny that constantly follows those poor souls around and ruins their hunt. Public is not bad at all, its just most guys that really do their homework and put in the time don't talk about it or post pics. Lots of people I know on this forum constantly haul in limits of mallards and sprigs they just don't post them or talk about it, and lots of them hunt the same lakes that this guy named Barny hunts, they just go a little farther in and hunt a little smarter. I wonder what this guy Barny that ruins all these hunts looks like?? Maybe yall need to look at the reflection in your decoys when your picking up and you might see him.

Spot on as well!

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: hunt91] #4821337 12/09/13 06:10 PM
M
mohunter Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
I learn something new just about every time I hunt either about the ducks or other hunters. At some point if these guy's stay in the game long enough, the light will finally come on eventually.
I know one kid that will have a much faster learning curve after this past week though. His fourth duck hunt and already wanting to be picky.

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: hunt91] #4821343 12/09/13 06:11 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
I always knew them as Duckmen of Louisiana... those oldschool videos were good stuff

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: Navasot] #4821476 12/09/13 06:41 PM
R
rcxdm40 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
I have duck hunted for years, I also have DC calls from when hunting shows were on VHS tapes!!! Lol. I hunt public waters and invite many of my friends who are not as experienced or just beginning there duck hunting career!!! It's easy to make fun of people on here who ask questions and are trying to learn!!! In stead of getting online complaining about new guys not blowing on calls at the correct time or sky blasting ducks, why not try to educate them with a positive attitude!!!
As a Christian myself, I'm thankful a Christian family is not afraid to share there beliefs to the world, think about the audience they are reaching to share the Word of God. I have found that the majority of duck hunters on this forum are rude and condensending towards others who are trying to learn.

God Bless

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: Jeff Elder] #4821490 12/09/13 06:45 PM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
There is a handful of guys Ive been watching on here for years, even before DD that hunt public and shoot nothing but spoons and jacks and every now and then get a marina mallard. They constantly blame some guy named Barny for all their problems in their life as a public duck hunter. They complain about the lake they hunt yet keep going back to same lake then post on here again and again about some guy named Barny that jacks up their hunt. My question is how long do you do the same thing over and over before your switch comes on and you change some things up. If you are going get up at two AM to guard your spot till LST, then why don't you get up at 2 am and drive to a lake you can launch at 5:30 and not have everyone else trying to hunt by you. I also think that most guys that blame this guy named Barny don't really scout good and Im thinking they also don't have a clue what ducks are looking for as far as food, rest, shelter, but again its that guy named Barny that constantly follows those poor souls around and ruins their hunt. Public is not bad at all, its just most guys that really do their homework and put in the time don't talk about it or post pics. Lots of people I know on this forum constantly haul in limits of mallards and sprigs they just don't post them or talk about it, and lots of them hunt the same lakes that this guy named Barny hunts, they just go a little farther in and hunt a little smarter. I wonder what this guy Barny that ruins all these hunts looks like?? Maybe yall need to look at the reflection in your decoys when your picking up and you might see him.

Very true, plus most barneys dont realise that hunting on a big lake = hunting their roost
Ducks leave big lakes only to come back there at sunset.

www.TexasPondPoppers.com
Originally Posted by bill oxner
Loved my 4 inches. Well needed.

Hate Russians. Love happy endings. I saw snot fly. cheers

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: rcxdm40] #4821504 12/09/13 06:48 PM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted By: rcxdm40
I have duck hunted for years, I also have DC calls from when hunting shows were on VHS tapes!!! Lol. I hunt public waters and invite many of my friends who are not as experienced or just beginning there duck hunting career!!! It's easy to make fun of people on here who ask questions and are trying to learn!!! In stead of getting online complaining about new guys not blowing on calls at the correct time or sky blasting ducks, why not try to educate them with a positive attitude!!!
As a Christian myself, I'm thankful a Christian family is not afraid to share there beliefs to the world, think about the audience they are reaching to share the Word of God. I have found that the majority of duck hunters on this forum are rude and condensending towards others who are trying to learn.

God Bless

True, but education starts at 5 yrs old, and most barneys are sooo under educated that the damage has already been done. Its like housetraining a 6 yr old chihuahua

Go train em captain jeff!

www.TexasPondPoppers.com

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: beaversnipe] #4821512 12/09/13 06:49 PM
B
Beretta Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
There are PLENTY of places to hunt on a big lake and not shoot a roost.

Two kinds of people vote democrat. Rich people that don't have to work, and poor people who don't want to work.
Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: Beretta] #4821528 12/09/13 06:52 PM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Not on bobby lake

www.TexasPondPoppers.com

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: beaversnipe] #4821535 12/09/13 06:53 PM
B
Beretta Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Ok

Two kinds of people vote democrat. Rich people that don't have to work, and poor people who don't want to work.
Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: Beretta] #4821743 12/09/13 07:49 PM
T
twostrike Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
I am just getting into Duck Hunting partly due to the fact that quail hunting has become a thing of the past. I used to always have up to 22 pointers and ran guided hunts both wild and released birds, now I am down to 2 pointers that are getting old and no wild birds to speak of. I can quit hunting or do as my son-in-law has been trying to get me to do and convert to duck hunting. I just recently purchased a 3 year old lab from a Washita Retrievers and going duck hunting. I know I have a lot to learn but hopefully I won't make to many mistakes along the way. I know I helped alot of people get into quail hunting. I am setting up duck hunts with guides to take my 3 son-in-laws on over Christmas, one of them has never hunted at all, but he has been watching DD and wants to try. DD is one of the only shows on TV that you can watch with your grandchildren and not have to worry about what will be said or done. Just my 2 cents.

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: beaversnipe] #4821759 12/09/13 07:52 PM
L
LarryCopper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Not on bobby lake

Wrong.

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: beaversnipe] #4821892 12/09/13 08:29 PM
M
mohunter Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M

Very true, plus most barneys dont realise that hunting on a big lake = hunting their roost

Once again the Beaver is dead wrong, which one of your guides told you that?
Probably the same ones that told you there were no ducks in North Texas a couple of weeks ago when you shared your knowledge with us then.

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: Beretta] #4822716 12/10/13 12:19 AM
G
Gacman Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
G
Originally Posted By: BerettaOnyx686
maybe you should switch hobbies to knitting

spot on!

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: mohunter] #4822739 12/10/13 12:26 AM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted By: mohunter

Probably the same ones that told you there were no ducks in North Texas a couple of weeks ago when you shared your knowledge with us then.

You are right mo.
I am guiding now, so if you want to tag along, give me a shout.
We had the best first split in 5 yrs. averaging 5.09 birds a person.

www.TexasPondPoppers.com

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: mohunter] #4822752 12/10/13 12:30 AM
W
whitewing maniac Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
I've read a lot of different things on this post, like DD making for a lot of rookie duck hunters and deer hunters being bored of shooting tame deer and paying high lease prices are causing for a lot of rookie duck hunters.

I consider myself just a hunter wether its dove, duck, deer, squirrel, hog or frog. A jack of all trades, master of none.

I never watched an episode of DD until my WIFE actually came home with 1st 3 seasons of it cuz she watched a couple episodes on tv and thought it was funny. I sat thru a season of it with her and seen em squirrel hunt more than anything. And as with any reality show, very fake. They may be Christian folk, but they are rich christian folk. Money is talking more than christ is in MHO.

I only duck hunt on invites and hunt how they wanna hunt, wether its the correct way or not, I'm hunting and having fun.

That's what all hunting is about, being out there doing it and having fun

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: mohunter] #4822755 12/10/13 12:32 AM
F
fowlplayr Offline
Shenanigans Scorecard keeper
Shenanigans Scorecard keeper
F
Originally Posted By: mohunter

rofl

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: whitewing maniac] #4822883 12/10/13 01:10 AM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted By: whitewing maniac
I've read a lot of different things on this post, like DD making for a lot of rookie duck hunters and deer hunters being bored of shooting tame deer and paying high lease prices are causing for a lot of rookie duck hunters.

I consider myself just a hunter wether its dove, duck, deer, squirrel, hog or frog. A jack of all trades, master of none.

I never watched an episode of DD until my WIFE actually came home with 1st 3 seasons of it cuz she watched a couple episodes on tv and thought it was funny. I sat thru a season of it with her and seen em squirrel hunt more than anything. And as with any reality show, very fake. They may be Christian folk, but they are rich christian folk. Money is talking more than christ is in MHO.

I only duck hunt on invites and hunt how they wanna hunt, wether its the correct way or not, I'm hunting and having fun.

That's what all hunting is about, being out there doing it and having fun

I just used 4 DD dvd's to put under my tires since i was stuck in the mudsnow.
Thanks DD

www.TexasPondPoppers.com

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: beaversnipe] #4822891 12/10/13 01:13 AM
B
Beretta Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Wow, did Phil steal your girlfriend in high school barneysnipe? You really seem to have a grudge against them for some reason

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: Beretta] #4822907 12/10/13 01:19 AM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
The best part of the show, just like super bowl, are the infomercials, and thank god we have them every 120 seconds

Last edited by beaversnipe; 12/10/13 01:20 AM.

www.TexasPondPoppers.com

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: Beretta] #4822917 12/10/13 01:22 AM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted By: BerettaOnyx686
Wow, did Phil steal your girlfriend in high school barneysnipe? You really seem to have a grudge against them for some reason

No, in high school i was dating guys with mullets driving a camaro

Last edited by beaversnipe; 12/10/13 01:29 AM.

www.TexasPondPoppers.com

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: beaversnipe] #4822948 12/10/13 01:27 AM
W
whitewing maniac Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
I agree with the beave, I watched a season of this 2 weeks ago and was very let down. Nothing to do with hunting, but just pushing their product is what its all about. CHA-CHING. All about the Benjamins, period.

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: whitewing maniac] #4822955 12/10/13 01:29 AM
B
BarneyWho Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
B
Beav, why are you always so but hurt?

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: BarneyWho] #4822965 12/10/13 01:31 AM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity