Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Thank you Duck Commander! #4794628 11/30/13 11:05 PM
W
Wood Duck Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
W
I bought my DC call 20 years ago and still am using it today. Anyone notice how many NEW duck hunters there are this season? Probably due to Duck Dynasty I assume.

I don't mind, we are mentoring 3 newbies this year in our group. With little water in NTX and heavy public pressure, I just hope someone is teaching these new recruits the ART of duck hunting.

Shares some stories of how you are mentoring some newbies and preventing the creation of more uninformed Barney's.

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: Wood Duck] #4794632 11/30/13 11:07 PM
T
Trout-killer Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
I tell all the newbs I meet to hunt Ray Bob.

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: ishootspoonies] #4794852 12/01/13 12:56 AM
J
JRR Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
FYI, they don't duck hunt on Duck Dynasty, ok a couple shots here and there, but god knows I do love the show !! More people here and with the drought less water to hunt.....

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: JRR] #4794906 12/01/13 01:25 AM
I
ishootspoonies Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
I
Originally Posted By: JRR
FYI, they don't duck hunt on Duck Dynasty.

Kinda like this forum lol35

Originally Posted By: RoosterCogburn13
I like spoonie, his humor is dryer than my duck lease.
Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: ishootspoonies] #4794928 12/01/13 01:30 AM
S
Stoeger2000 Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
S
Wood Duck as a newbie myself and not due to duck dynasty but a lifelong dream to hunt ducks from the time I was 8 years old. I would like to say thank you for your attitude of mentoring. Most of the guys I have seen out where I hunt are more than willing to help the new guy out and do some mentoring. I have had a number of them ask me to come over and hunt with them and when I do I let them take the lead and do the calling and I shoot when they say to.

However I have seen more than one out there that act as if I don’t have the right to duck hunt or be on public land. And I think I can see where they are coming from on that I have seen some guys out there trashing up public land and sky busting at anything as soon as they see it in the sky. All I am asking is if I am doing it wrong tell me and then show me the right way to do it.

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: Stoeger2000] #4794934 12/01/13 01:34 AM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
I will pass a law to ban duckcalls on public and only shoot 2 3/4 nr 4 loads and no choke thighter than ic.
Problem solved.

www.TexasPondPoppers.com
Originally Posted by bill oxner
Loved my 4 inches. Well needed.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
Hate Russians. Love happy endings. I saw snot fly. cheers

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: beaversnipe] #4794946 12/01/13 01:40 AM
T
TXPride Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
I don't blame DD for the increase...I think it is more related to how uncool and expensive deer hunting has gotten.

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: beaversnipe] #4794956 12/01/13 01:46 AM
T
TxHunter96 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Drove up on some guys the other morning. Asked them if they were duck hunting. They said yes, and they had another group coming so they "got the dam side of the lake pretty much covered". Full camo, but none had on waders. I wished them luck and rode on out.

Originally Posted By: aerangis
Any creature in my vicinity that possesses an explosive penis is going to be killed.
Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: TXPride] #4794959 12/01/13 01:47 AM
T
TxHunter96 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: TXPride
I don't blame DD for the increase...I think it is more related to how uncool and expensive deer hunting has gotten.

People would much rather shoot wild flying ducks than pet deer under a feeder.

Any creature in my vicinity that possesses an explosive penis is going to be killed.
Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: TxHunter96] #4795000 12/01/13 02:01 AM
C
creekwilly Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
C
Nice post. I am new to duck hunting also. But I am not new to hunting been dove hunting my whole life. I moved to an area, that has a friend close by that ducks hunts. I enjoy being in the outdoors. I pick my shells up plus other peoples. I was raised to pick shells up don't matter if they are mine or someone else's. The guys I hunt with might not be the best callers. But we try to do our best. I fell like a lot of y'all bash new people to duck hunt. Everyone has to start somewhere, they might not be new to hunting, they just might be new duck hunting. Just try and help with out with a good attitude and a non rude voice. Not everyone is a professional hunter like some off y'all think y'all are.

Let the bashing begin!

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: creekwilly] #4795004 12/01/13 02:04 AM
T
TxHunter96 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
I pick shells up as long as they are steel hulls. Not only to preserve the natural state of the land, but also to keep people from knowing that the area has something to shoot at. Boom scouters are aplenty

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: TXPride] #4795349 12/01/13 04:51 AM
J
Jeff_S Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
J

You are joking, right?

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: Jeff_S] #4795383 12/01/13 05:53 AM
panch0 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
I was duck hunting when duck hunting wasn't cool... Hehehe... I came aboard before DD.

p.s. I love watching DD

Last edited by panch0; 12/01/13 05:54 AM.
Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: panch0] #4795492 12/01/13 10:21 AM
G
Going Green Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
G

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: Going Green] #4795539 12/01/13 12:22 PM
A
Aggieduck Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
A
I started duck hunting because of duck dynasty!

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: Jeff_S] #4795542 12/01/13 12:22 PM
T
TXPride Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Jeff_S

You are joking, right?

Nope. Think about it. Not trying to bash deer hunters, but it's cheaper to walk in duck hunt than deer hunt in Texas. Then, you don't have to worry about if it was a high fence deer, known pedigree, killed under a feeder, etc, etc.

Last edited by TXPride; 12/01/13 12:23 PM.

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: TXPride] #4795547 12/01/13 12:26 PM
B
BigAL33 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Duck Dynasty is changing the world!

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: ishootspoonies] #4795562 12/01/13 12:37 PM
B
brock2013 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
I don't see why everybody doesn't like the show... Where else do you find a show that has good morals like they do? What shows do they pray on every single episode? If you complain about setting up next to some rookies that don't know what there doing that's your fault because you didn't put in the time scouting and didn't go off the beaten path to find a spot where others don't want to go. As for the show bringing more hunters, why do you care? It brings more money to the waterfowl industry, and for the conservation of waterfowl. Why don't some of y'all "real hunters" actually try to help the ones that don't know anything by taking them hunting or giving advice instead of complaining on the forum?

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: beaversnipe] #4795659 12/01/13 02:05 PM
H
Hopedale Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
Originally Posted By: beaversnipe
I will pass a law to ban duckcalls on public and only shoot 2 3/4 nr 4 loads and no choke thighter than ic.
Problem solved.

I'll support your bill provided we add an amendment to no more than 15 shells in your position.

[Linked Image]
Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: brock2013] #4795842 12/01/13 03:30 PM
T
Trout-killer Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: brock2013
I don't see why everybody doesn't like the show... I personally don't like the show because I DO NOT like ANY faux reality tv shows. Might as well be watching the real housewives of whatever or jersey shore. Its the same crap in a different wrapper. And quite frankly the "humor" is ridiculously lame and all the sexual innuendos between Phil and kay make me want to puke. Where else do you find a show that has good morals like they do? What shows do they pray on every single episode? Ummm...Joel Olsteen comes to mind. If you complain about setting up next to some rookies that don't know what there doing that's your fault because you didn't put in the time scouting and didn't go off the beaten path to find a spot where others don't want to go. What? So we aren't supposed to set up on birds we find if there is a chance someone may want to hunt there??? Sometimes birds are just easy to get to. Its as simple as that. As for the show bringing more hunters, why do you care? It brings more money to the waterfowl industry, and for the conservation of waterfowl. I care about EVERYTHING that has to do with the sport I love. Seeing a bunch of new people is a good thing but it also brings in more jackwagons who DO NOT CARE about the sport or for where they are hunting. Its disgraceful to see people driving out in the middle of the dry lake bed trashing it up and the majority of those, or the majority that I have run across, have DC decals posted on their back windows. I DO NOT want that type of inconsiderate jackwagon in MY sport. Why don't some of y'all "real hunters" actually try to help the ones that don't know anything by taking them hunting or giving advice instead of complaining on the forum? Can't help the ones that think they have it figured out and don't want it and you can't teach common sense.

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: Trout-killer] #4795908 12/01/13 04:10 PM
B
brock2013 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Originally Posted By: Trout-killer
Originally Posted By: brock2013
I don't see why everybody doesn't like the show... I personally don't like the show because I DO NOT like ANY faux reality tv shows. Might as well be watching the real housewives of whatever or jersey shore. Its the same crap in a different wrapper. And quite frankly the "humor" is ridiculously lame and all the sexual innuendos between Phil and kay make me want to puke. Where else do you find a show that has good morals like they do? What shows do they pray on every single episode? Ummm...Joel Olsteen comes to mind. If you complain about setting up next to some rookies that don't know what there doing that's your fault because you didn't put in the time scouting and didn't go off the beaten path to find a spot where others don't want to go. What? So we aren't supposed to set up on birds we find if there is a chance someone may want to hunt there??? Sometimes birds are just easy to get to. Its as simple as that. As for the show bringing more hunters, why do you care? It brings more money to the waterfowl industry, and for the conservation of waterfowl. I care about EVERYTHING that has to do with the sport I love. Seeing a bunch of new people is a good thing but it also brings in more jackwagons who DO NOT CARE about the sport or for where they are hunting. Its disgraceful to see people driving out in the middle of the dry lake bed trashing it up and the majority of those, or the majority that I have run across, have DC decals posted on their back windows. I DO NOT want that type of inconsiderate jackwagon in MY sport. Why don't some of y'all "real hunters" actually try to help the ones that don't know anything by taking them hunting or giving advice instead of complaining on the forum? Can't help the ones that think they have it figured out and don't want it and you can't teach common sense.

Ok I understand not watching the show because you not like reality tv.
I never said you shouldn't set up on birds because someone else might be there, but if you do set up on easy birds expect someone else to be there instead of coming and whining on the forum.

I don't want people trashing the land either but that's not all to blame on a show. Did know one ever do things like that until the show started? I doubt it....

Yeah you can't help the ones that think they know it all but alot of the "experienced hunters are just as bad as rookies. They think they know it all and it's their way or no way. I don't think that has anything to do with the show. Some of these "know it all" hunters are the same ones who sit around and complain about how duck dynasty is ruining the sport but they do the same things the rookie hunters do.

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: brock2013] #4803690 12/04/13 12:19 AM
T
TXDEERHUNTER10 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
Although some of us may not like the new hunters and some may blame DD for this but you have to think what all the new people hunting are doing for the wetlands and conservation. Without people hunting we wouldn't have the hunting we have due to the money that is spent on conservation each year.

"Muddy Banks Outdoors "
Hips Archery Targets
Pro Staff Team 2014
"Less Shred, More Dead"
Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: TxHunter96] #4804061 12/04/13 02:18 AM
H
hoof n wings Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
I like to pet ducks under a feeder..... groups them up better for skillet shots
Originally Posted By: TxHunter96

Originally Posted by ImTheReasonDovesMourn
I'd ask him if he's pregnant. He missed a s__tload of periods.

Originally Posted by Hancock
I'll take "things that look like a uterus" for $200 Alex.
Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: Hopedale] #4805235 12/04/13 03:12 PM
D
Dfwguy Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
Originally Posted By: Hopedale
Originally Posted By: beaversnipe
Problem solved.

I'll support your bill provided we add an amendment to no more than 15 shells in your position.

Sounds like Ark.

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: hoof n wings] #4805390 12/04/13 04:03 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: hoof n wings
I like to pet ducks under a feeder..... groups them up better for skillet shots
Originally Posted By: TxHunter96

I found city parks are a great place to get skillet shots. The park in Brownsfield has always been real productive. up

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide