Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: mikey1313] #4809260 12/05/13 07:02 PM
B
bodydub Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
B
Honest to god I have never watched an episode of DD. Last year was my first season duck hunting. But I've been dove, upland and deer hunting since I was 19..........

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: Bass_Bustin_Texan] #4810223 12/06/13 12:11 AM
T
TxHunter96 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Bass_Bustin_Texan
(I need a silencer on my shotgun)

Metrogun/barrel, my friend.

Originally Posted By: aerangis
Any creature in my vicinity that possesses an explosive penis is going to be killed.
Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: passthru] #4810556 12/06/13 01:49 AM
W
wkduncan Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
W
Originally Posted By: passthru
Originally Posted By: TxHunter96
Originally Posted By: TXPride
I don't blame DD for the increase...I think it is more related to how uncool and expensive deer hunting has gotten.

People would much rather shoot wild flying ducks than pet deer under a feeder.

Then I question your sanity because as much fun as it is to call in and shoot ducks they taste like crap. Deer is good eating.

You need to teach your mom or your wife or yourself how to cook ducks. Cuz none of the ones I eat taste bad.

And +1 to the shooting wild flying ducks. My father-in-law is trying to talk me into coming to his deer lease this weekend but I'd rather fight the competition at my public duck holes any day.

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: wkduncan] #4810581 12/06/13 01:55 AM
Jeff Elder Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Im sending Willy a Christmas card this year. Dude has doubled my business

North central TX duck and dove hunts
www.silvercreekguideservice.com

Cell 817-597-0781
Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: Jeff Elder] #4810601 12/06/13 02:01 AM
S
sptaylor Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
S
Originally Posted By: Jeff Elder

Willy

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: sptaylor] #4810610 12/06/13 02:03 AM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Im suing miss kay, i gained 47 lbs

www.TexasPondPoppers.com
Originally Posted by bill oxner
Loved my 4 inches. Well needed.

Hate Russians. Love happy endings. I saw snot fly. cheers

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: beaversnipe] #4810623 12/06/13 02:07 AM
S
sptaylor Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
S

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: Jeff Elder] #4810660 12/06/13 02:17 AM
T
TxHunter96 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T

I figured it would have a positive affect like that

Any creature in my vicinity that possesses an explosive penis is going to be killed.
Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: TxHunter96] #4810706 12/06/13 02:30 AM
G
Going Green Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
G
I believe our fear is that we will end up with a bunch of turds like this hunting next to us... and I rest my case who he is trying to emulate.

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: Going Green] #4810718 12/06/13 02:32 AM
Jeff Elder Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Got this one in 89

Cell 817-597-0781
Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: Jeff Elder] #4810760 12/06/13 02:45 AM
Nathan Nelson Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
My wife loves them, my kids love them...

I have watched the show off and on. More principled than any other show on regular TV. Nothing wrong with what they do you know it is all fun and games. Would rather boys like that make money than some of those other reality TV jack wagons.

Give me Cory over Kim K any day.

Give me Phil over Donald Trump any day.

Give me Jase over "Insert Rapper's Name Here" any day.

They are a bunch of good guys and are funny...

The show is not about duck hunting, it is about a family business and the family that created it.

I think it is great that there are more duck hunters and thus hunters in general because of them. It is good for all of us in the long run.

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: Nathan Nelson] #4810788 12/06/13 02:50 AM
T
TxHunter96 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Sadie Robertson ain't too hard on the eyes either up

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: Nathan Nelson] #4810824 12/06/13 03:00 AM
T
TXPride Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Nathan Nelson
My wife loves them, my kids love them...

I have watched the show off and on. More principled than any other show on regular TV. Nothing wrong with what they do you know it is all fun and games. Would rather boys like that make money than some of those other reality TV jack wagons.

The show is not about duck hunting, it is about a family business and the family that created it.

I think it is great that there are more duck hunters and thus hunters in general because of them. It is good for all of us in the long run.

up

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: Dfwguy] #4810913 12/06/13 03:21 AM
1971snipe Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
Originally Posted By: dfwguy
Originally Posted By: Hopedale
Originally Posted By: beaversnipe
I will pass a law to ban duckcalls on public and only shoot 2 3/4 nr 4 loads and no choke thighter than ic.
Problem solved.

I'll support your bill provided we add an amendment to no more than 15 shells in your position.

Sounds like Ark.

I made many hunts on a public area in S Carolina called "the hatchery", which allowed 20 shells per hunter. And you were guaranteed to get checked. Of course, this was when the limit was 3 ducks. The limit in Texas was 3 ducks too. The sport lost many so-called duck hunters during the 3-duck limit days. It was actually kind-of nice, from a somewhat selfish standpoint.
Duck Dynasty ... I'm gonna try to watch one of those shows, maybe one of these days. And I would never buy one of their over-priced calls, especially when there's still a good Yentzen being made and sold.

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: Wood Duck] #4820776 12/09/13 03:47 PM
M
mudport47 Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
M
Originally Posted By: Wood Duck
I bought my DC call 20 years ago and still am using it today. Anyone notice how many NEW duck hunters there are this season? Probably due to Duck Dynasty I assume.

I don't mind, we are mentoring 3 newbies this year in our group. With little water in NTX and heavy public pressure, I just hope someone is teaching these new recruits the ART of duck hunting.

Shares some stories of how you are mentoring some newbies and preventing the creation of more uninformed Barney's.

Pisses me off. people think they know everything

Cut em boys boom 12 gauge
Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: Nathan Nelson] #4820804 12/09/13 03:55 PM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
[quote=Nathan Nelson]My wife loves them, my kids love them...

I think it is great that there are more duck hunters and thus hunters in general because of them. It is good for all of us in the long

Last edited by beaversnipe; 12/09/13 05:57 PM.

www.TexasPondPoppers.com
Loved my 4 inches. Well needed.

Hate Russians. Love happy endings. I saw snot fly. cheers

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: beaversnipe] #4821104 12/09/13 05:17 PM
B
Beretta Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
If you don't like it change the channel and have a big glass of STFU. New duck hunters were here before DD and will be here long after. Sounds like a lot of y'all are looking for excuses for not getting a limit. If a "Barney" can find where your hunting then maybe your a Barney as well. I'm sick and tired of everyone complaining about competition, maybe you should switch hobbies to knitting or get a private lease. This is so out if control with the bitching and complaining, every single one of you were new to duck hunting at some point and I don't care if your grandfathers grandfather duck hunted, not everyone has that luxury of someone teaching them the ropes. I was a lucky one who had that in my life and still do, but this is starting to get annoying.

Two kinds of people vote democrat. Rich people that don't have to work, and poor people who don't want to work.
Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: Beretta] #4821114 12/09/13 05:20 PM
J
jdk1985 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Instagram @justinkingwoodworking
Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: Beretta] #4821116 12/09/13 05:20 PM
Cast Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Why can't we all just get along?

I dream of world peace and long walks in the rain...

Cast

[Linked Image]

I have a short attention spa
Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: Beretta] #4821170 12/09/13 05:31 PM
Jeff Elder Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: BerettaOnyx686
If you don't like it change the channel and have a big glass of STFU. New duck hunters were here before DD and will be here long after. Sounds like a lot of y'all are looking for excuses for not getting a limit. If a "Barney" can find where your hunting then maybe your a Barney as well. I'm sick and tired of everyone complaining about competition, maybe you should switch hobbies to knitting or get a private lease. This is so out if control with the bitching and complaining, every single one of you were new to duck hunting at some point and I don't care if your grandfathers grandfather duck hunted, not everyone has that luxury of someone teaching them the ropes. I was a lucky one who had that in my life and still do, but this is starting to get annoying.

No kidding. I love that show, it has tripled my business. Im sending them Christmas cards this year.

Cell 817-597-0781
Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: Beretta] #4821188 12/09/13 05:34 PM
M
mohunter Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M

Well said.

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: Beretta] #4821210 12/09/13 05:38 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

So true, but I think it went over the whiners heads. bang

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: mohunter] #4821214 12/09/13 05:40 PM
P
Phantom Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
P
Take someone new. Share your sport. I have loved duck hunting for many years but I feel it is our responsibility to grow the sport and help a younger generation. Get them off of their stupid x box and take them into the field.

Good is the enemy of Great
Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: Phantom] #4821282 12/09/13 05:56 PM
Jeff Elder Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
There is a handful of guys Ive been watching on here for years, even before DD that hunt public and shoot nothing but spoons and jacks and every now and then get a marina mallard. They constantly blame some guy named Barny for all their problems in their life as a public duck hunter. They complain about the lake they hunt yet keep going back to same lake then post on here again and again about some guy named Barny that jacks up their hunt. My question is how long do you do the same thing over and over before your switch comes on and you change some things up. If you are going get up at two AM to guard your spot till LST, then why don't you get up at 2 am and drive to a lake you can launch at 5:30 and not have everyone else trying to hunt by you. I also think that most guys that blame this guy named Barny don't really scout good and Im thinking they also don't have a clue what ducks are looking for as far as food, rest, shelter, but again its that guy named Barny that constantly follows those poor souls around and ruins their hunt. Public is not bad at all, its just most guys that really do their homework and put in the time don't talk about it or post pics. Lots of people I know on this forum constantly haul in limits of mallards and sprigs they just don't post them or talk about it, and lots of them hunt the same lakes that this guy named Barny hunts, they just go a little farther in and hunt a little smarter. I wonder what this guy Barny that ruins all these hunts looks like?? Maybe yall need to look at the reflection in your decoys when your picking up and you might see him.

Cell 817-597-0781
Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: Jeff Elder] #4821296 12/09/13 06:01 PM
G
GigEmAggies Offline
Tracker
Tracker
G
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ well said

They're not looking for one thing right....they're looking for one thing wrong.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide