Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Spanking your kids [Re: GusWayne] #8793665 02/02/23 03:59 AM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Y’all ever catch a metal spatula across the face for having a C grade on your report card? Yeah, that’s the kind of [censored] I grew up with from my mom, and why I resent her today, amongst other things. I took the pointy end of a stiletto to the head and back repeatedly because I told my younger sister to shut up. After the bleeding stopped, I just took my [censored] to bed. Dad never laid a hand on me. Mom was flat out a bitch

Re: Spanking your kids [Re: GusWayne] #8793670 02/02/23 04:02 AM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
[/color][color:#FF0000]
Originally Posted by GusWayne

The ones that never got it as kids have a closet full of ball gags and male hookers numbers memorized...

Yes they’re called antifa and guisck

[Linked Image]

Re: Spanking your kids [Re: KRoyal] #8793671 02/02/23 04:05 AM
G
GusWayne Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
G
Originally Posted by KRoyal
[/color][color:#FF0000]

The ones that never got it as kids have a closet full of ball gags and male hookers numbers memorized...

Yes they’re called antifa and guisck

roflmao

Re: Spanking your kids [Re: BigPig] #8793672 02/02/23 04:06 AM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Originally Posted by BigPig
Y’all ever catch a metal spatula across the face for having a C grade on your report card? Yeah, that’s the kind of [censored] I grew up with from my mom, and why I resent her today, amongst other things. I took the pointy end of a stiletto to the head and back repeatedly because I told my younger sister to shut up. After the bleeding stopped, I just took my [censored] to bed. Dad never laid a hand on me. Mom was flat out a bitch

No, because I was smart enough to photoshop report cards. My mom was smart enough to catch me the first time but I upped my game and she never caught me again.

[Linked Image]

Re: Spanking your kids [Re: DannyB] #8793684 02/02/23 04:42 AM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted by DannyB
I started trying to give a reply but gave up. I can't explain it. My son and I have been best friends since he was a toddler. A "spanking" just never came up.

Awesome! You are a very lucky Dad. I hope to say the same for my son when he's older.

Re: Spanking your kids [Re: 71Rcode] #8793686 02/02/23 04:44 AM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted by 71Rcode
Never spank in anger or yell or cuss in at or in front of them. Treat them with respect and fairness. Make sure your wife backs you on this approach.

Its so simple. Teach them young to be kind and respectful so others will love being around them. My boys are in their early 20s now. They never disappoint us. They are ready for life, work and parenting. And we raised them with faith in Christ our Lord. We are very blessed.

This is key. Great job parenting. up

Re: Spanking your kids [Re: KRoyal] #8793688 02/02/23 04:52 AM
B
BigPig Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by KRoyal

No, because I was smart enough to photoshop report cards. My mom was smart enough to catch me the first time but I upped my game and she never caught me again.

I was damn proud of that C. Everything else was A’s. I tested out of all HS math classes because I hated my teacher. So they felt it necessary to put me in Chemistry 2 even though they saw how bad I struggled in Chemistry 1.

Re: Spanking your kids [Re: GusWayne] #8793714 02/02/23 11:48 AM
71Rcode Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
Thanks Doc you're a great dentist! Will see you in April.

NRA Life Member & GOA Member
Always interested in Marlins. Let me know what you have for sale!
Re: Spanking your kids [Re: BigPig] #8793715 02/02/23 11:52 AM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

Dang, she seems F'd up in the head, that is a more than a bitch that is flat out child abuse

Re: Spanking your kids [Re: GusWayne] #8793745 02/02/23 01:26 PM
onlysmith&wesson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Ive had this allergy deal for 2 solid days and we have an outside cat/barn cat

The wife issues days of reprieve for this cat...maybe 3-4 days a year and today must have been one...

I said man that cat is killing me, get it out of here and I could tell my son took it pissy taking it out

So he grabs the cat and tosses it out like trash, prob 6-7 feet in the air out the front door

MF triggered me, we don't treat animals badly (even tho I don't like the cat) around here and boom, lt went down....

I don't tolerate that but its been awhile

MF? Are you really referring to your son as a "MF"? Did you snap, loose control and hit him? Sounds like you did, and if so that was wrong and you are posting looking for justification.

I raised three and all got "spankings". It was after they did something that warranted it, not an immediate out of control reaction to what they did.

If I have this wrong, I'm sorry and will apologize here, but from what I'm reading, you were wrong. I know it's hard raising teenagers and staying in control isn't always easy. This won't be the last time you get sassed or disrespected by him. Whatever you do next time, be in control, measured, calm, punish him, physically if necessary but in control. I know what I'm talking about, I took one of my daughters to the ground when she was 15 after she told me I couldn't stop her from going to a party where she had no business. Around midnight, she wasn't home, snuck out and went anyway. I called the cops, asked them to go with me to get her. We did. She's 31 now and like her two sisters, we're best friends and have a great relationship.

Hang in there.

An unethical shot is one you take, that you know you shouldn't.
Re: Spanking your kids [Re: GusWayne] #8793751 02/02/23 01:39 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
popcorn

Re: Spanking your kids [Re: DocHorton] #8793754 02/02/23 01:45 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by 71Rcode
Never spank in anger or yell or cuss in at or in front of them. Treat them with respect and fairness. Make sure your wife backs you on this approach.

Its so simple. Teach them young to be kind and respectful so others will love being around them. My boys are in their early 20s now. They never disappoint us. They are ready for life, work and parenting. And we raised them with faith in Christ our Lord. We are very blessed.

This may be real world for a few, but it is very isolated as in extremely isolated. I would think most children simply need to be redirected and shown there are consequences to their actions. I must say, SIL #2 was never spanked, never had a curfew and never got in trouble. I don't think Amygirl could have done any better when she married him.

All five of the others were physically disciplined at home. I would bet none of them were ever bruised. When Golden Child was a toddler, I found her splashing the water in a toilet. Gently paddled her. The next week, I found this behavior being repeated and more earnestly applied a paddling which did cause her discomfort. Never saw her playing in a toilet again. I wonder why that was?

Grace under pressure is truly a wonderful thing which I believe has benefited me immensely in various adversarial situations. My contact with my kids has never been adversarial. Never spank kids or discipline them when your angry? How is that effectively accomplished? How's about serving notice to your kids that maybe, just maybe, they should not act in such a manner as to make their parental units angry?

The whole wife backs you thing and vice versa is an absolute must. Two must act as one and that can be tough at times.

Re: Spanking your kids [Re: DannyB] #8793757 02/02/23 01:50 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by DannyB
I started trying to give a reply but gave up. I can't explain it. My son and I have been best friends since he was a toddler. A "spanking" just never came up.

Wish I could say I never had to spank mine, but I can’t. That said I always make sure they know they are loved. I am the but whooper in the house, but when they get hurt or need something they come to me even though I whoop their butts.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Spanking your kids [Re: GusWayne] #8793761 02/02/23 01:57 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
My son doesn't really do anything wrong, but when he gets upset he can't control his emotion and can get physical. I struggled for a long time handling this, but I have found the calmer I stay, the shorter his meltdown lasts. He's stating to mature now and understands the need to calm down and will apologize to us. Its a work in progress.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: Spanking your kids [Re: GusWayne] #8793910 02/02/23 05:48 PM
71Rcode Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
Per my comments above. I had to spank number one son more than number two (barely at all). I think when number two learned from number one to behave.

Hud, my best practice was to never discipline when angry. You go take a break and gather your thoughts as a parent and come back to the situation after 30 minutes or whatever. Level calm head. I can think of an exception to this in my experience was a kid going off the rails at a restaurant. That was an immediate exit from the restaurant and outside.

Last edited by 71Rcode; 02/02/23 05:48 PM.

Re: Spanking your kids [Re: 71Rcode] #8793980 02/02/23 07:11 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
I get it and you are right. My kids didn't like to "go outside'" either.

Re: Spanking your kids [Re: GusWayne] #8794014 02/02/23 07:56 PM
71Rcode Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
I think there's are so many right ways to discipline your kids. There are only a few wrong ones.

Last edited by 71Rcode; 02/02/23 07:56 PM.

Re: Spanking your kids [Re: GusWayne] #8794047 02/02/23 08:55 PM
B
blkt2 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
My parents said that beating me was like beating a mule. My ears would flatten, I would just glare at them, and not make a sound. It took boarding school to calm me down a bit.

Re: Spanking your kids [Re: GusWayne] #9031458 04/09/24 03:18 PM
O
olivia Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
O
Everyone keeps calling this "controversial" but I don't think you are the only one holding out, for all the talk of controversy I don't know many who don't at least on occasion, or would if necessary. I've only been sent to pick a switch like four times in my life (once around 7, once around 10, and twice at 12/13 range) but that's largely because I know my mom *will* do it if needed. I did get threatened once a couple of weeks ago (first time in over a year) and you know what? I dropped my attitude faster than a deer drops to the ground when hit at point blank range lol. I don't get or understand parents who have mountains of strict rules, but actually enforcing the rules one *does* have just seems reasonable, otherwise what's the point of parenting? Different kids react to different things, but I think there's not a small percentage of kids that fear pain more than time outs or losing electronics. I know I fear pain the most.

Last edited by olivia; 04/09/24 03:40 PM.

15 (almost 16), love to hunt with my aunt and uncle, shop with my mom, and watch college football with my dad. Don't have a lot of girls to talk hunting with at school (haha) so I joined this forum smile
Re: Spanking your kids [Re: GusWayne] #9031472 04/09/24 03:59 PM
T
TPACK Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
T
Had my azz busted many times growing up. Felt like my dad enjoyed it sometimes. Firm believer in it if needed though. I, however, have never laid a belt or hand on either of my 2 step kids or any grandkids at all. I guess we`ve been very lucky to have kids and grandkids that minded enough not to need it. I can`t remember ever having to raise our voice at a single grandkid either.

Re: Spanking your kids [Re: TPACK] #9031533 04/09/24 06:29 PM
O
olivia Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
O
Originally Posted by TPACK
. I can`t remember ever having to raise our voice at a single grandkid either.

Just laughing cause I can't remember my grandparents ever having to raise their voice to me either. Is that because grandparents let more things slide? Or because we behave better around grandparents when/if our parents raise us right?

15 (almost 16), love to hunt with my aunt and uncle, shop with my mom, and watch college football with my dad. Don't have a lot of girls to talk hunting with at school (haha) so I joined this forum smile
Re: Spanking your kids [Re: GusWayne] #9031536 04/09/24 06:49 PM
R
reeltexan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

If you love your children you will discipline your children.

[Linked Image]

"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Re: Spanking your kids [Re: GusWayne] #9031543 04/09/24 06:56 PM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms
Interesting topic and I agree with what was said above; There are a lot of right ways to raise a kid and a few bad ways.

I had my share of spankings as a kid and never resented my parents for them as I deserved all I received and know that I missed out on some that I damn sure deserved. I am firm, fair, consistent and loving in my punishments and see punishments as a form of learning rather than a reaction. I believe that is what some on this thread are talking about when they say they don't "spank out of anger." Basically, they see the spanking as a form of a consequence rather than an out burst of immediate emotion.

I have two kids and while I have no issue spanking them, I have never had to do it. I have always been able to find more creative forms of punishment or corrective action that have a lasting lesson rather than a quick swat and move on. Every punishment comes with a clear explanation of the why. I will say both my kids have a healthy respect for me and my position and don't push me much.

They are typical kids and definitely get in their fair share of trouble and are more than prone to make some really dumb decisions, but we have always been able to work through them together and they seem to have come out for the better.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Spanking your kids [Re: GusWayne] #9031550 04/09/24 07:15 PM
B
bigjoe8565 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
I received a good share of spankings as a kiddo. Belts, switches, hands and a fly swatter were the weapons of choice. I wasn’t “beat” but they didn’t shy away from passing them out and honestly, I deserved way more. As a teenager, I popped off to my mom once and she went Mike Tyson on me. I also bowed up to my dad and in that moment, I thought he was going to snatch my soul for that momentary lapse in sanity. I regret those two incidents to this day and wish I could take them back. I was super disrespectful.

I raised 3 daughters and we used corporal punishment for them, but it’s wasn’t something that happened too often.

Nothing wrong with corporal punishment for kids.

Re: Spanking your kids [Re: GusWayne] #9031562 04/09/24 07:52 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef
My now adult kids (26 & 24) got spanked quite a bit when they were little, but very rarely had to when they got a little older. They knew I meant business so I didn't have to.
My youngest two kids (13 & 9) man I can't even remember the last time I had to spank them, it's been years. They're good kids, but they know I will ware their butt out if I have to.
I got my butt spanked plenty as a kid at school and at home but I deserved those butt whooping's, the reasons why were always explained to me and there was always love in my parent's discipline and I learned.
In saying all that, I lost my folks young and for 7 years of my youth I became a victim of full blown child abuse. The people I lived with enjoyed beating the [censored] out of me and sometimes for no reason at all other than they had a bad day, I'm talking covered in bruises and whelps from my face to my feet front and back on too many occasions to count. Won't go into details on that but it was the polar opposite of the loving family that I was born into, they were just physically and verbally mean abusive people. I made a promise to myself and to my future children during those days, that someday I would grow up and have children of my own and they would NEVER know what any of that is like. Over my dead body will that ever happen. My kids know love unconditionally and discipline only when needed. As mentioned before, there is a HUGE difference between a spanking and child abuse. I've had to laugh at people quite a few times over the years that say spanking a kid is child abuse. Lady, you have no idea what you are talking about.....

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide