unclebubba Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
U
Originally Posted by unclebubba
Originally Posted by KRoyal
Originally Posted by unclebubba
I haven't spanked my boy in years. Not that I'm against it at all. I spanked when he was younger. He's 14 now, and still has a healthy amount of respect for my authority, which is why I haven't had to spank lately. Last time I spanked one of the girls was maybe 8 mos ago, however, my wife went to town on the oldest girl 2 nights ago. She deserved it, and I would've done it myself if my wife didn't beat me to it.

He’s definitely a good kid you did a good job raising him.

I try. I was lamenting earlier tonight. That SOB is exactly like me. Loves the outdoors. Loves his family. Is a kind and respectful person...but he's a procrastinator. Exactly like I was at his age. Drives me batty! I just hope he doesn't do what I did at 16-21 years of age. I'm afraid he's gonna do it anyhow, despite my trying to teach him not to.

And thank you for the compliment. He is a good kid. If I've done my job right, he'll be a better man than me. The bar isn't that high. LOL.

http://www.boatloan.com/michael-hunt/

Originally Posted by Nolanco
current federal policy is clearly irrational, scientifically insupportable and ridiculous.
Re: Spanking your kids [Re: GusWayne] #8792868 02/01/23 12:08 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
My dad use to beat the hell out of us often, a lot of times for who knows what?
So I made a promise that if I had kids I would only spank them (with a belt) as a last resort. Had to spank my son twice, last time I think he was around 6, my daughter once when she was 5 or 6.

Thank God my kids took after their mother!

texas flag

“I never forget a face—but in your case, I’ll be glad to make an exception.”
—Groucho Marx

Re: Spanking your kids [Re: GusWayne] #8792924 02/01/23 02:07 PM
H
H2O Seeker Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
When I was a kid my grandmother made me go out and pick my own switch. That was worse than getting swatted by it.

I have 4 kids all grown now - 3 boys and a girl. They were each very different growing up. ALL got spanked for willful defiance as punishment. The discipline followed. Discipline is an hourly/daily responsibility as a parent and it takes work.

Usually that took care of it and they learned at a very young age willful defiance would not be tolerated.

I have often asked parents in stores and restaurants who have kids acting out and disobeying their parents if they would like some help. Unfortunately it's typically the parent who deserves the azz whoopin'.

[Linked Image]
Grateful for every sunrise and sunset I get to witness. - Jason
Re: Spanking your kids [Re: GusWayne] #8792935 02/01/23 02:25 PM
R
reeltexan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R

When mine were young, they only actually got spanked a couple of times, each. But there was always the real possibility of a spanking if they didn't behave.

I remember one episode in the car. They were in the back seat, cutting up, and I told them to knock it off or I'd pull over and whup 'em with a switch. So, they quieted down - briefly, and then started back up. I gave them another warning. Which held for a little bit and then....yep, you guessed it.

So I pull over and get them out of the car. We were out in the middle of nowhere. There ain't tree in sight. No switches. All that's available is some burnt up sunflower stalks. Not really suitable at all.

By this time, the daughter has already started tuning up so I gave the boy a couple swats with a flimsy sunflower stalk. What a joke that was. The girl got a couple too. They calmed down after that but I think that was probably the last whuppin' they ever got.

The bible says in Proverbs 24 - If you refuse to discipline your son, it proves you don’t love him; for if you love him, you will be prompt to correct him.
....just make sure you've got a decent switch.

[Linked Image]

"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Re: Spanking your kids [Re: GusWayne] #8792956 02/01/23 02:53 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
'Had to pick my own switch as a kid, and it darn sure better be big enough. Got my last swat at 15. I sassed my mom and was walking back to my room in my skivvies. 'Still don't know how that old man snuck up so quiet. Stung for about a week. I deserved it.

We only had to swat my daughters a few times when they were little. To this day (youngest is 36) I can give a certain look and they'll start tearing up, although, if the oldest had a kid, I'm sure she'd be totally against any kind of corporal punishment 'cause she so "evolved", but I digress.

Got a hilarious text from the 36 year old's husband a while back. Before Covid, and before they had kids, we went to visit and attended their church. Baptist minister told it like it was and spoke about little kids still needing spanking, quoted "Spare the rod..." etc. We liked him. Son-in-law, who went to Baylor and had theology as a 2nd major (meaning, he knows EVERYTHING), proceeded to share with us on the ride home how he didn't agree with the preacher. ('Such a joy, having a son-in-law that likes to share his opinion on everything with his father-in-law. rolleyes)

Fast-forward a few years to the text. Son-in-law heard a sound in the house "like someone slapping a fish on the dock." It was my little 2 year old granddaughter...slamming the bathroom door into...her crawling little brother's head. roflmao He snatched her up and instinctively spanked her bottom. He was in shock! I told him "welcome to being a dad."

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Spanking your kids [Re: GusWayne] #8792978 02/01/23 03:09 PM
603Country Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Our daughters are 54 and 47 now, so I leave the spanking up to their husbands.

Being a woodworker, I make wooden spatulas for family and friends. My favorite Niece told me recently that she uses her spatulas for double duty - cooking and spanking. And, for what it’s worth, her kids are extremely well behaved and well mannered. Must be those spatulas…

Not my monkeys, not my circus...
Re: Spanking your kids [Re: Walkabout] #8793017 02/01/23 03:53 PM
B
BradyBuck Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted by Walkabout
This brings back a difficult memory. I grew up with a brother rough and tumble. My mother did most discipline, never really bothered us. I raised two beautiful daughters. Had a contest of wills with the oldest when she was 10 and I slapped the top of her hand. Probably more exuberant than I needed to be and I immediately regretted the incident before the first tear fell. I have never forgiven myself for that moment. I could never put an angry hand on my girls and didn’t need to. IDK, girls are just not meant for corporal punishment...I could be wrong but just please don’t. You will probably regret it.

It really depends on the kid, I have a niece that needs her butt whooped often and gets it often, lol. She’s a very strong willed little girl.

HRCH Washita's Kimber Locked N Loaded
GRHRCH Firefly's Rally The Troops MH
Re: Spanking your kids [Re: GusWayne] #8793032 02/01/23 04:10 PM
B
blkt2 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Got married for the first time 1 year ago and have my first child on the way. We discussed child discipline well before getting married and we both agreed that the children will get their pants warmed up whenever it is needed.

Re: Spanking your kids [Re: Chickenman] #8793086 02/01/23 05:07 PM
O
Ox190 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
O
Originally Posted by Chickenman
They all caught or still catch some. I don't recall passing out whoopins past 13 years old though. I'm not overly strict. I think they're just overly well behaved compared to me.

They are, it's been a while since I've seen them, but your kids have some of the best manners I've ever seen.

"There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre." Louis L'Amour
Re: Spanking your kids [Re: GusWayne] #8793095 02/01/23 05:20 PM
B
BDB Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
B
This subject to me is dependent on the type of kid and the home structure. I was beaten as a kid by my step dad. He'd leave the lower back and legs bruised, I'd be pissing myself , he'd let me go finish then I had to come back for more. My mother almost left him a few times over it. I feared him, he'd get home from work and I'd go out the back door and stay gone until I knew he was getting ready for bed. To this day I don't hold it against him, he's passed on now.....

Every kid is different and needs to treated different. That said, I have 4 grown kids now. All are great people. imo, for MOST kids swatting/spankings are COUNTER PRODUCTIVE. My wife, understandably swatted and spanked....all the time it seems lol, we had 3 boys and a girl. I HIT my kids. But I did it at a younger age, and when I did after once or twice, I never had to touch them again, except for one....always a black sheep when you get enough kids. My hit was with my hand....never a fist btw. I FIRMLY believe if you have to use physical punishment, it needs to be painful for them. One ....maybe two hits is all it should be. Repeated swatts/spankings....good lord. My middle boy, the black sheep would just laugh at the spankings my wife would give him. In his mind if that was the penalty he'd just keep on committing the crime. Their is a fine line between a beating (I know from experience) and a hard hit that is painful. RED marks should be left, NO BLACK ones. Between 4 kids, I bet I hit them a total of 10 times. Daughter took one across the face when she sassed her mother badly. 2 boys got 2 each....the black sheep got the rest.

Get their RESPECT early. I feared my stepdad, my kids loved me but feared what I would do to them, which is why I almost never had to hit them. Whatever I told my kids to do they just did it, no questions asked.

Whatever type of punishment you decide to dish out, it needs to be backed up with love, compassion and understanding. Hopefully by a 2 parent family.

Re: Spanking your kids [Re: GusWayne] #8793101 02/01/23 05:25 PM
B
Blank Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Nothing more evil than the hiss of Dad's leather belt, sliding thru 7 Wrangler belt loops! Make sure to fold it over and give a good pop too, the noise is worse than the swat.

Beer and whiskey, 'cause you can't drink bacon!!
Re: Spanking your kids [Re: Blank] #8793116 02/01/23 05:38 PM
H
huntingag01 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Blank
Nothing more evil than the hiss of Dad's leather belt, sliding thru 7 Wrangler belt loops! Make sure to fold it over and give a good pop too, the noise is worse than the swat.

I think most of it is the anticipation too. I know with my kids if we get a call from school, they are most likely going to get it when they get home and they know it. They are pretty quiet on the ride home.

Re: Spanking your kids [Re: GusWayne] #8793120 02/01/23 05:44 PM
B
bigjoe8565 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
I caught the last one from my mom at 16. She told me they were saving money to help me get a car and I responded with “I’m not holding my breath”. Rightfully so, she beat my smart a&$. Her inner Mike Tyson came out and she unleashed a closed fist fury. I covered up, but she still landed some solid shots.

I caught the last one from my dad when I was 18. I bowed up to him and he was having none of that. He quickly put me in my place.

As a child, I had a lot of spankings and never considered it abusive. At times, I was a bad little kid and needed the correction. My grandmother handed out the majority of my corporal punishment over the years. Even though she was a tough, no nonsense lady, I loved spending time with her and at her house.

As the father of 3 daughters, all grown, we did use corporal punishment, but it wasn’t needed very often.

Re: Spanking your kids [Re: blkt2] #8793193 02/01/23 06:47 PM
D
ducknbass Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by blkt2
Got married for the first time 1 year ago and have my first child on the way. We discussed child discipline well before getting married and we both agreed that the children will get their pants warmed up whenever it is needed.

Important conversation many skip. Good job.

Re: Spanking your kids [Re: GusWayne] #8793227 02/01/23 07:07 PM
D
Davis300 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
My 4 get spankings as warranted. The older 2 more of a ban on electronics/activities these days but very few things substitute for a leather belt dole out. Helped course correct me many times.

Re: Spanking your kids [Re: GusWayne] #8793232 02/01/23 07:10 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
My folks spanked us when we needed it. We were fast learners. My oldest is 8, very seldom have to get after him. Youngest is 4 and not quite finished straightening her out yet. She gets all emotional and has to settle down before she listens.

At 15 I was 6 foot tall and 220 lbs, I’d hate to have to try to put 15 year old me over my 36 year old knee.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Spanking your kids [Re: GusWayne] #8793400 02/01/23 09:27 PM
603Country Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
No need to spank the big guys. Just take away their iPhone and/or vehicle. That hurts them way more than the palm of your hand.

Not my monkeys, not my circus...
Re: Spanking your kids [Re: TCM3] #8793544 02/02/23 12:22 AM
B
bobcat1 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted by TCM3
I got my last one when I was 14. I still have no clue what for though.
roflmao

Usual weapon was my dad's leather belt. And if mom had to spank me, dad had to spank me too when he got home from work.

This! And his thin leather belt left those "running u's" on your legs. Everyone in Football in Junior High knew you got a whippin.

Bobby Barnett

Re: Spanking your kids [Re: GusWayne] #8793546 02/02/23 12:27 AM
B
bobcat1 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted by GusWayne
Originally Posted by Homer Jay
My parents never spanked me.

But I spanked our three for acts of willful defiance only.

And never when I was angry.

Ive never spanked them when I was happy

roflmao roflmao roflmao

Bobby Barnett

Re: Spanking your kids [Re: GusWayne] #8793644 02/02/23 03:08 AM
71Rcode Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
Spank em young and as needed. 1 gallon paint stick and then 5 gallon as they get older. Back of bare upper leg. Never with the hand. Don't count to three. Just give em one look as their only chance. Never spank in anger or yell or cuss in at or in front of them. Treat them with respect and fairness. Make sure your wife backs you on this approach.

Its so simple. Teach them young to be kind and respectful so others will love being around them. My boys are in their early 20s now. They never disappoint us. They are ready for life, work and parenting. And we raised them with faith in Christ our Lord. We are very blessed.

NRA Life Member & GOA Member
Always interested in Marlins. Let me know what you have for sale!
Re: Spanking your kids [Re: GusWayne] #8793648 02/02/23 03:27 AM
D
DannyB Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
One offspring: Son
Answer to OP: No
Reason: Never needed
26 years later: End result couldn't be better.

The End

Re: Spanking your kids [Re: DannyB] #8793652 02/02/23 03:36 AM
G
GusWayne Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
G
Originally Posted by DannyB

The End

His name Jesus?

Re: Spanking your kids [Re: GusWayne] #8793653 02/02/23 03:37 AM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Originally Posted by GusWayne
Originally Posted by DannyB

The End

His name Jesus?

Yea and he is a carpenter

[Linked Image]

Re: Spanking your kids [Re: GusWayne] #8793659 02/02/23 03:45 AM
G
GusWayne Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
G
Ive done my best and I have smart kids, the boy is a stud in sports...the girl is straight A's (sucks in sports like her mother)

But they've both needed it and got it

Puberty brings out the worst in them, the boy got 1 at 15 yesterday...he walking a little different today

Its just hard to believe some walked on water their entire life

The ones that never got it as kids have a closet full of ball gags and hookers numbers memorized...

Re: Spanking your kids [Re: GusWayne] #8793660 02/02/23 03:46 AM
D
DannyB Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
I started trying to give a reply but gave up. I can't explain it. My son and I have been best friends since he was a toddler. A "spanking" just never came up.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide