Re: New Car Sales [Re: chalet] #9006397 02/16/24 03:32 AM
B
Brother in-law Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by chalet
I have been watching F150 prices for a couple years. Summer of 22 was the last time I talked to a dealer. For a F150 XLT crew 4x4 I was quoted around $57,000 with not a lot of them in stock. Right now web price on same spec'd truck at Grapevine Ford is $49,620 without even talking to them w/ 1.9% on a 72 month note.

I think they'll still come down more, looking to buy in June maybe now.

2023 Ford F-150 XLT Truck SuperCrew Cab V-6 cyl
$49,620
Pricing
Info
MSRP1
$60,870
Grapevine Discount
-$11,250
Grapevine Price
$49,620
Financing Offer : $2,750 on select Ford modelsDetails
-$2,750
Affiliate Offer : $1,500 on select Ford modelsDetails
-$1,500
Affiliate Offer : $1,000 on select Ford modelsDetails
-$1,000
College Grad Offer : $750 on select Ford modelsDetails
-$750

Terrible place

Re: New Car Sales [Re: Teal28] #9006434 02/16/24 11:44 AM
D
Dave Davidson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
D
I prefer to buy new vehicles, keep them well maintained, and drive them until the wrecking yard doesn’t want them. To me, they are tools and rides. I recently gave my granddaughter a Toyota 4Runner that I bought new. It was 12 years old, had almost 200k miles and runs like a new one. My Tundra has 150,000+ miles on it

I remember the days when cars with 100k miles were worn out.

Without a sense of urgency, nothing ever happens.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley, Rancher Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Re: New Car Sales [Re: txtrophy85] #9006452 02/16/24 12:32 PM
GasGuzzler Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by txtrophy85
I'm seeing 1/2 tons sitting on the lots and dealerships offering better incentives and interest rates on those. Inventory is still slim on 3/4- and 1-Ton trucks, most are having to be ordered and the build price is the price you pay. Interest rates are current market.

We sell every 2500/3500 we get within a few days of arrival. If we get more than two in at once, it's a good bet one is already sold. Price range is $85K-105K.

Next best sellers are full size SUVs. Price range is $85K-105K.

After that, it's small SUVs. Half tons are not selling new as fast as a year ago.

I myself have five vehicles, newest being 2014 (177K miles). MY wife has driven the same 2003 Denali since 2008 when I bought it used. I am not a barometer, just a witness.

Pass the gravy.

Re: New Car Sales [Re: Teal28] #9006469 02/16/24 01:01 PM
B
blkt2 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Needed a new work truck so I can hire someone so I went into Toyota of Dallas a couple of weeks ago late on a Friday to buy a Tacoma. Already knew which one I wanted and already knew what I was willing to pay. Told the salesman that and they said deal. Didn't have enough in any one checking account to pay for the truck out right so I gave them a deposit and told them I planned on financing. Really my intent was to pay it off with the first payment that I made. Took them forever to do the paperwork and by the time I signed it it was 2:00 in the morning. When I went to sign it I told them that their numbers weren't adding up but told them I was going to sign it anyway and I was going to look at it the next morning when I woke up and that if it didn't match up to the deal that we had agreed on I was going to bring the truck back. Got up the next morning, added things up, and discovered that the finance manager or whoever slid several thousand dollars worth of extras in on the deal after the fact. Called the salesman and told him to have the amended paperwork ready for me to sign and that I was going to be into the dealership after I got off work. Hit the dealership at about 5:00 or 6:00 on Saturday and asked for the new paperwork. Of course it wasn't ready. They hemmed and hawed and tried explaining to me how thousands of dollars added to the contract really wasn't there and that I was misunderstanding things and that I should just take the deal. Extended warranty, lifetime oil changes, tracking system, locking lug nuts for $500, Etc. These were all things that I specifically told them I had no interest in. I have an extremely short temper when it comes down to BS and finally had to tell the guy that things were going to get violent if he opened his mouth again. I told him that I had already stopped payment on the check and handed him the keys back and left with the salesman trailing me out the door pleading for me to still buy the vehicle.

Can someone explain to me what world they live in where they think it's okay to try to steal $4000 or $5,000 from someone by playing games with paperwork?

Re: New Car Sales [Re: blkt2] #9006488 02/16/24 01:43 PM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by blkt2
Needed a new work truck so I can hire someone so I went into Toyota of Dallas a couple of weeks ago late on a Friday to buy a Tacoma. Already knew which one I wanted and already knew what I was willing to pay. Told the salesman that and they said deal. Didn't have enough in any one checking account to pay for the truck out right so I gave them a deposit and told them I planned on financing. Really my intent was to pay it off with the first payment that I made. Took them forever to do the paperwork and by the time I signed it it was 2:00 in the morning. When I went to sign it I told them that their numbers weren't adding up but told them I was going to sign it anyway and I was going to look at it the next morning when I woke up and that if it didn't match up to the deal that we had agreed on I was going to bring the truck back. Got up the next morning, added things up, and discovered that the finance manager or whoever slid several thousand dollars worth of extras in on the deal after the fact. Called the salesman and told him to have the amended paperwork ready for me to sign and that I was going to be into the dealership after I got off work. Hit the dealership at about 5:00 or 6:00 on Saturday and asked for the new paperwork. Of course it wasn't ready. They hemmed and hawed and tried explaining to me how thousands of dollars added to the contract really wasn't there and that I was misunderstanding things and that I should just take the deal. Extended warranty, lifetime oil changes, tracking system, locking lug nuts for $500, Etc. These were all things that I specifically told them I had no interest in. I have an extremely short temper when it comes down to BS and finally had to tell the guy that things were going to get violent if he opened his mouth again. I told him that I had already stopped payment on the check and handed him the keys back and left with the salesman trailing me out the door pleading for me to still buy the vehicle.

Can someone explain to me what world they live in where they think it's okay to try to steal $4000 or $5,000 from someone by playing games with paperwork?

You were in the finance department until 2:00 am to buy a $40k truck?

I’m gonna file this under things that didn’t happen….

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: New Car Sales [Re: Teal28] #9006494 02/16/24 01:49 PM
C
chalet Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
C
Last truck I bought from Grapevine Ford was in 2004 when I think they were still Payton Wright. I talked to them in 2015 when I bought my current truck but sales guy didn't know crap and I found a much better deal out at Karl Klement.

Haven't been on that lot or talked to them since even though they are about 1/4 mile from my office. Good to know they are douche bags so thanks for that info.

Last 5 vehicles I have bought I don't go to the lot til the deal is pretty much finalized via text and email. Don't have the time or patience for bs sales and finance shenanigans.

Shoot. Eat. Repeat.
Re: New Car Sales [Re: blkt2] #9006502 02/16/24 01:59 PM
T
TPACK Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
T

Why would you sign a contract / document that you thought was wrong in the first place.......Especially if you thought then numbers weren`t adding up.

Re: New Car Sales [Re: GasGuzzler] #9006503 02/16/24 02:00 PM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by GasGuzzler
I'm seeing 1/2 tons sitting on the lots and dealerships offering better incentives and interest rates on those. Inventory is still slim on 3/4- and 1-Ton trucks, most are having to be ordered and the build price is the price you pay. Interest rates are current market.

We sell every 2500/3500 we get within a few days of arrival. If we get more than two in at once, it's a good bet one is already sold. Price range is $85K-105K.

Next best sellers are full size SUVs. Price range is $85K-105K.

After that, it's small SUVs. Half tons are not selling new as fast as a year ago.

I myself have five vehicles, newest being 2014 (177K miles). MY wife has driven the same 2003 Denali since 2008 when I bought it used. I am not a barometer, just a witness.

I was hoping that during the 6 month wait I had someone who ordered one would drop out and I would be able to swoop in and pick it up. Only 1 truck came available and it was black, so I passed on it.

They had an AT4 that came in about a week before I got mine that was on the lot for 3 days then sold. They have one know in thunderstorm grey that is on its 3rd day....bet it won't make the weekend.

Drove past Toyota today and they had probably 50 Tundras in stock if not more. They are flush. The Ford Dealership has about 5 Super Dutys on the lot and a handful of 150's, but some of them are the conversion models by Rocky Ridge or whatever and the others Tremors. Only a few "normal" half-tons. Ford is offering incentives on 1/2 tons and "select" models of Superdutys.

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: New Car Sales [Re: txtrophy85] #9006508 02/16/24 02:04 PM
B
blkt2 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B

You were in the finance department until 2:00 am to buy a $40k truck?

I’m gonna file this under things that didn’t happen….

Stick it up your rear. I am pizzed off enough about it without getting lip from people over it.

I only stepped into the back office to sign the papers and sat on my rear for hours at a desk in the showroom . There were complications because it was being purchased by an out of state company that I own and was going to be registered in that state. Took them a while to figure it out.

Re: New Car Sales [Re: The Dude Abides] #9006510 02/16/24 02:09 PM
C
Choctaw Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by The Dude Abides
Daughter just bought a 2024 Acura MDX at 2.49% at 36 months. She was able to negotiate about $1,800 down off of asking price. Drove it today…all I can say is WOW! Very quiet and super acceleration.

Acuras are nice cars.

Re: New Car Sales [Re: Choctaw] #9006517 02/16/24 02:15 PM
B
blkt2 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Choctaw
Originally Posted by The Dude Abides
Daughter just bought a 2024 Acura MDX at 2.49% at 36 months. She was able to negotiate about $1,800 down off of asking price. Drove it today…all I can say is WOW! Very quiet and super acceleration.

Acuras are nice cars.

The MDX is consistently rated in the top 10 for reliability. I'm not a big fan of them myself but I wouldn't hesitate to put my wife in one.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide