Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics538,403
Posts9,736,762
Members87,089
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Ammo Prices Set to Rise Substantially January 1, 2024 #8972476 12/14/23 02:11 AM
H
HenryL Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
H

Re: Ammo Prices Set to Rise Substantially January 1, 2024 [Re: HenryL] #8972481 12/14/23 02:22 AM
Tbar Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Well isn't that special. I just dumped their stock today.

On the upside, I bought a bunch of ammo this afternoon.

Make America Great Again

Re: Ammo Prices Set to Rise Substantially January 1, 2024 [Re: HenryL] #8972535 12/14/23 04:40 AM
D
DStroud Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
D
Prices are already up from some manufacturers like Alliant. Reloder 16 is now 445.00 for 8lbs container

"Anyone taking up handloading necessarily plays with unknown factors and takes chances. But so does anyone who drives a car,goes to a cocktail party,eats in a restaurant,or gets married."

Jack O'Connor 1963
Re: Ammo Prices Set to Rise Substantially January 1, 2024 [Re: HenryL] #8972551 12/14/23 06:25 AM
C
ChadTRG42 Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
C
This happens every single Jan 1. That's nothing new. But I'm seeing more inventory of gun powder now than I have in a long time. So inventory has looked the best I've seen.

[Linked Image]
Custom and Precision Ammunition!!
https://DallasReloads.com/
Type 01 and Type 06 FFL
Re: Ammo Prices Set to Rise Substantially January 1, 2024 [Re: ChadTRG42] #8972552 12/14/23 06:40 AM
450bush Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
The best marketing for the gun industry is the gun community panicking… incredible some people can make a huge thunderstorm out of an annual price adjust!

It is like the November rumor about lake city that drove the 556 panic buying all over again.

5% on a $75 primer brick is $3! 5% on a 9mm box - it is less than one dollar.

People needs to get back to the normal world and stop panicking.

Re: Ammo Prices Set to Rise Substantially January 1, 2024 [Re: 450bush] #8972630 12/14/23 02:12 PM
B
Buzzsaw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by 450bush
The best marketing for the gun industry is the gun community panicking… incredible some people can make a huge thunderstorm out of an annual price adjust!

It is like the November rumor about lake city that drove the 556 panic buying all over again.

yes

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Ammo Prices Set to Rise Substantially January 1, 2024 [Re: ChadTRG42] #8972648 12/14/23 02:50 PM
K
Korean Redneck Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
K
Originally Posted by ChadTRG42
This happens every single Jan 1. That's nothing new. But I'm seeing more inventory of gun powder now than I have in a long time. So inventory has looked the best I've seen.

Love the "industry insider" info. thanks.

I'm a dude who likes long barrels!
Re: Ammo Prices Set to Rise Substantially January 1, 2024 [Re: 450bush] #8972660 12/14/23 03:07 PM
H
HenryL Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
H
incredible some people can make a huge thunderstorm out of an annual price adjust!

Who's making a thunderstorm out of it? Certainly not me, I posted the update with barely a sentence comment. And neither article appears to do anything other than a brief discussion on the Vista announcement.

Who's panicking? I don't think this particular update from an ammo/component manufacturer is going to cause much of a panic.

Hell, it probably won't even convince the people who've been saying that "I'm not buying until prices return to normal" for three years, that the current prices are the new normal and it's only going up from here smile

Yes, every company in every industry looks at adjusting prices annually. But it's always nice when an ammo/component manufacturer actually does a press release telling the community their planned annual increases, a lot of companies don't.

Re: Ammo Prices Set to Rise Substantially January 1, 2024 [Re: HenryL] #8972663 12/14/23 03:13 PM
B
Big Sam Online Content
Bird Dog
Online Content
Bird Dog
B
I'm with you guys. Fear sells. Fear mongers get more views the more panic they cause. Ammo makers are still insisting they are running at 100% capacity and cannot hope to keep up with demand. Of course the prices went up. They always do but the more fear you can instill in the customer the higher the price increases before they slow down buying.

Are we being played for fools? I think so. Ammo makers and many others are responsible for their bottom line much more than us. I hate that we are generally being lied to and manipulated and double hate that it is generally working.

"Group think" is not thinking. It is the lack of independent thought. It is a cancer of the mind.
Re: Ammo Prices Set to Rise Substantially January 1, 2024 [Re: HenryL] #8972678 12/14/23 03:31 PM
H
HenryL Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
H
It seems very odd to me that any announcement/discussion on price increases in the firearms/ammunition industry invokes an immediate response of "panic" "fear" "fear mongering", etc... that's not a normal response from a mentally stable person.

People got serious issues if that's the first thing that comes to their mind when someone mentions or relays information about price increases ROFLMAO.

Take a Soma or Vicodin and relax people.. come on back down to reality. It's just a manufacturer price update, nothing more. No one is telling you the world is ending and you should go buy everything you can while you can. Let's put the crazy away and accept the information for what it is.

Re: Ammo Prices Set to Rise Substantially January 1, 2024 [Re: Buzzsaw] #8972681 12/14/23 03:33 PM
U
unclebubba Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
U
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw

yes

But panicking is so much more fun!

http://www.boatloan.com/michael-hunt/

Originally Posted by Nolanco
current federal policy is clearly irrational, scientifically insupportable and ridiculous.
Re: Ammo Prices Set to Rise Substantially January 1, 2024 [Re: HenryL] #8972845 12/14/23 08:51 PM
450bush Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
I am not directing at you my comment, however the headline was “substantially” when is no more than 7% msrp. That is not substantially…

My comment was actually towards all those guys on Reddit and YouTube that are stocking fear and panicking all the time. For me the only reason is that they have interest in selling ammo and are getting incentives to do it. Ammo industry found that that is the best marketing by far!

Re: Ammo Prices Set to Rise Substantially January 1, 2024 [Re: 450bush] #8972853 12/14/23 09:05 PM
H
HenryL Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
H
I am not directing at you my comment

Fair enough and duly noted smile

however the headline was “substantially” when is no more than 7% msrp. That is not substantially…

Actually, what constitutes a "substantial" increase in product pricing depends on a number of factors, including things like the industry at issue, current level of inflation, etc... to be precise in terminology on this topic is a bit much of an expectation for general discussion. However, as a general rule that is applicable to most industries under normal circumstances: under 1.5% is considered low, 1.5% - 4.99% is considered average, 5% - 10% is considered substantial.... next comes "steep", and so on and so forth...so, yes, use of the term substantial was more than fair (2 of the 7 categories were set percentages of 5% and 10%, 3 could be as high as 7% and the remaining 2 could be as high as 5%).

Of course, if we are not talking about general business usage of terms - well that's something else entirely... personal definitions of terms like substantial will certainly vary greatly as such personal definitions tend to based on personal circumstances... in this case financial circumstances. Certainly, for me, the price increase is not "substantial" on a personal level... they could raise prices 500% and it wouldn't have a substantial impact on me or cause me to decrease shooting smile As such, the only meaningful way to use such terminology in general public discussion is within the general business meaning - with some flexibility given.

But certainly I agree that there is a good possibility that some people who are actually fear mongering on this topic (not something occurring on this thread) do have some interest in doing so.

Re: Ammo Prices Set to Rise Substantially January 1, 2024 [Re: HenryL] #8974266 12/17/23 04:08 PM
M
machinist Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
I am not sure how Vista can raise prices since they just sold all of their Ammo business to a company based in Czechoslovakia

some people like silver and gold
I like brass and lead with a little powder in between
Re: Ammo Prices Set to Rise Substantially January 1, 2024 [Re: machinist] #8974269 12/17/23 04:19 PM
G
garyrapp55 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
G
Did the Czechs change the name? Companies are bought all the time but the name remains for years.

Re: Ammo Prices Set to Rise Substantially January 1, 2024 [Re: machinist] #8974380 12/17/23 09:27 PM
B
Big Sam Online Content
Bird Dog
Online Content
Bird Dog
B
Originally Posted by machinist
I am not sure how Vista can raise prices since they just sold all of their Ammo business to a company based in Czechoslovakia

Last week I heard (YouTube) that the Vista's sale to the Czechs is not finalized and another company was bidding on it. Don't know how much of this is fact and don't know if we would be better or worse off. Obviously Vista does not have their heart in the gun business.

"Group think" is not thinking. It is the lack of independent thought. It is a cancer of the mind.
Re: Ammo Prices Set to Rise Substantially January 1, 2024 [Re: Big Sam] #8974624 12/18/23 08:07 AM
H
HenryL Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
H
Originally Posted by Big Sam
Last week I heard (YouTube) that the Vista's sale to the Czechs is not finalized and another company was bidding on it. Don't know how much of this is fact and don't know if we would be better or worse off. Obviously Vista does not have their heart in the gun business.

Deal has not been finalized. My understanding is that they have decided to sale to CSG - at least they are proceeding as if they are.

But yes, Colt CZ jumped in with a bid that was rejected. Bit crazy of a rejection too...as they upped their bid to 2.6 billion after coming in at 1.74 initially. The CSG deal is only worth 1.91 billion. Bound to be litigation after the fact over that.

I have personal reservations about American ammo manufacturer's selling to foreign companies .... but honestly, the brands at issue weren't high on my list of brands I gave money to anyways.

Re: Ammo Prices Set to Rise Substantially January 1, 2024 [Re: HenryL] #8974727 12/18/23 03:25 PM
B
Buzzsaw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
9mm still .26-.30

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Ammo Prices Set to Rise Substantially January 1, 2024 [Re: HenryL] #8975104 12/19/23 11:42 AM
GasGuzzler Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Way cheaper than that.

Pass the gravy.

Re: Ammo Prices Set to Rise Substantially January 1, 2024 [Re: HenryL] #8975105 12/19/23 11:44 AM
P
patriot07 Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
P
Originally Posted by HenryL
incredible some people can make a huge thunderstorm out of an annual price adjust!

Who's making a thunderstorm out of it? Certainly not me, I posted the update with barely a sentence comment. And neither article appears to do anything other than a brief discussion on the Vista announcement.

Who's panicking? I don't think this particular update from an ammo/component manufacturer is going to cause much of a panic.

Hell, it probably won't even convince the people who've been saying that "I'm not buying until prices return to normal" for three years, that the current prices are the new normal and it's only going up from here smile

Yes, every company in every industry looks at adjusting prices annually. But it's always nice when an ammo/component manufacturer actually does a press release telling the community their planned annual increases, a lot of companies don't.

When there is a thread titled "prices set to rise substantially" but the increase is less than a buck for a box of 9mm, that's oversensationalizing it

Re: Ammo Prices Set to Rise Substantially January 1, 2024 [Re: patriot07] #8975313 12/19/23 07:36 PM
H
HenryL Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
H
Originally Posted by patriot07
When there is a thread titled "prices set to rise substantially" but the increase is less than a buck for a box of 9mm, that's oversensationalizing it

Since you seem incapable of reading the entire thread or comprehending what was said... let me repost how the use of the word "substantially" was appropriate and not over sensationalizing ..

Originally Posted by HenryL

Actually, what constitutes a "substantial" increase in product pricing depends on a number of factors, including things like the industry at issue, current level of inflation, etc... to be precise in terminology on this topic is a bit much of an expectation for general discussion. However, as a general rule that is applicable to most industries under normal circumstances: under 1.5% is considered low, 1.5% - 4.99% is considered average, 5% - 10% is considered substantial.... next comes "steep", and so on and so forth...so, yes, use of the term substantial was more than fair (2 of the 7 categories were set percentages of 5% and 10%, 3 could be as high as 7% and the remaining 2 could be as high as 5%).

Of course, if we are not talking about general business usage of terms - well that's something else entirely... personal definitions of terms like substantial will certainly vary greatly as such personal definitions tend to based on personal circumstances... in this case financial circumstances. Certainly, for me, the price increase is not "substantial" on a personal level... they could raise prices 500% and it wouldn't have a substantial impact on me or cause me to decrease shooting smile As such, the only meaningful way to use such terminology in general public discussion is within the general business meaning - with some flexibility given.

It seems obvious you were either to lazy to read, to dumb to understand, or just decided to make a poor attempt at trolling. In any case, "Sensationalize" means to "present information about something in a way that provokes public interest and excitement, at the expense of accuracy" ... the use of the word "substantially" clearly falls within the meaning of common use by anyone who isn't ignorant to it's usage... however, your use of the phrase "over sensationalizing" doesn't even meet the requirements under the definition and is thus inappropriate.

Your time would probably be better spent begging your boyfriend for head than showing off your ignorance with a poor trolling attempt on a week old thread. Thanks for playing though.

Re: Ammo Prices Set to Rise Substantially January 1, 2024 [Re: HenryL] #8975335 12/19/23 08:39 PM
H
Hogflyer Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
Looks like another ploy to start more panic buying! like it did few years back.
Yes things do cost more today, thats a given with todays economy and world events.
Thing is whats going to give come election time next year?

"Buy more ammo, save it for a rainy day."
Re: Ammo Prices Set to Rise Substantially January 1, 2024 [Re: Hogflyer] #8975364 12/19/23 09:51 PM
H
HenryL Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
H
Originally Posted by Hogflyer
Looks like another ploy to start more panic buying! like it did few years back.
Yes things do cost more today, thats a given with todays economy and world events.
Thing is whats going to give come election time next year?

I think the announced increases would need to be more than substantial to start a panic... They would need to be steep at the very least. But who knows, people are crazy with their doomsday panicking these days.

Interest rates will give - White house can't have these current interest rates going into an election year... I'd expect that before the election next year, we'll see interest rates on new homes plunge to 4-5% from the current 7%... they'd have to pull some serious fu%ckery to get them back to the 2.8 - 3.5% range, so I don't see that happening. They'll shoot back up right after the election though.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide