Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Producing record oil BS #8968573 12/06/23 03:49 AM
B
blanked Online Content OP
Pro Tracker
OP Online Content
Pro Tracker
B
There’s absolutely no way we are producing record oil in the US. But i cant find any articles disputing this. Biden on day one shut down keystone pipeline and started cancelling any expired drilling leases. You cant do this and have record production at the same time. Let alone higher gas. Can someone back me up with a link

Re: Producing record oil BS [Re: blanked] #8968574 12/06/23 03:54 AM
D
Dave Davidson Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Sumbitch doesn’t care about production. He’s a tree hugger.

Without a sense of urgency, nothing ever happens.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley, Rancher Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Re: Producing record oil BS [Re: blanked] #8968575 12/06/23 03:58 AM
TurkeyHunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by blanked
There’s absolutely no way we are producing record oil in the US. But i cant find any articles disputing this. Biden on day one shut down keystone pipeline and started cancelling any expired drilling leases. You cant do this and have record production at the same time. Let alone higher gas. Can someone back me up with a link

You don't need an article. You can easily go to the source. This is where any article would get their production information. There's all sorts of data freely available.

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=MCRFPUS2&f=M

Keep in mind the Keystone Pipeline was to bring crude oil from Alberta, Canada (another country) to the USA.

We already have a huge network of pipelines across this country. The environmental BS for the Keystone never made any sense to me. There was some some underlying motivation.

To be determined
Re: Producing record oil BS [Re: blanked] #8968581 12/06/23 04:18 AM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

the largest producers (wells)in the US are on private, the most profitable are offshore.

He did try to curtail production in Texas with reinstating some methane restriction/mandates that trump dumped

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Producing record oil BS [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8968586 12/06/23 04:34 AM
B
Pro Tracker
OP Online Content
Pro Tracker
B
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

the largest producers (wells)in the US are on private, the most profitable are offshore.

He did try to curtail production in Texas with reinstating some methane restriction/mandates that trump dumped

Then why has gas been substantially higher the first week biden came in. Average is $3.60 today
And this is with him draining our emergency reserves to a 40 year low to lower the prices

Last edited by blanked; 12/06/23 04:37 AM.
Re: Producing record oil BS [Re: blanked] #8968591 12/06/23 04:44 AM
68rustbucket Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

Then why has gas been substantially higher the first week biden came in. Average is $3.60 today
And this is with him draining our emergency reserves to a 40 year low to lower the prices

I saw diesel for $3.25 today. Still got a way to go to get to $1.60 before JB.

Re: Producing record oil BS [Re: blanked] #8968592 12/06/23 04:45 AM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

Gasoline and related products are higher all over the world except in areas with specific price controls.

By emergency reserves, if you are referring to the strategic petroleum reserves, a politician might be able to influence the price of refined gasoline and related products in the USA by a few minor cents for a couple of weeks, by playing with the reserves. That's largely a political gesture as I understand.

If you are wanting to better understand the price of gasoline then you need to also look at refining capacity and production.

To be determined
Re: Producing record oil BS [Re: TurkeyHunter] #8968597 12/06/23 05:23 AM
B
Pro Tracker
OP Online Content
Pro Tracker
B
Originally Posted by TurkeyHunter

Gasoline and related products are higher all over the world except in areas with specific price controls.

By emergency reserves, if you are referring to the strategic petroleum reserves, a politician might be able to influence the price of refined gasoline and related products in the USA by a few minor cents for a couple of weeks, by playing with the reserves. That's largely a political gesture as I understand.

If you are wanting to better understand the price of gasoline then you need to also look at refining capacity and production.

Timing is everything. This all started exactly when biden came in office. In fact he campaigned he was cutting back on fossil fuels. Not buying biden has nothing to do with it

Re: Producing record oil BS [Re: blanked] #8968609 12/06/23 10:14 AM
R
redhaze Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
Couple of weeks ago talked to a guy who's company rebuilds oil derricks. He said he is sending most of them to South America, Brazil and Argentina. I think he made the comment that OK has a pretty low count of active drilling now.

Re: Producing record oil BS [Re: blanked] #8968626 12/06/23 12:02 PM
Tbar Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

Make America Great Again

Re: Producing record oil BS [Re: Tbar] #8968632 12/06/23 12:14 PM
B
Pro Tracker
OP Online Content
Pro Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Tbar

Oh Ya! You the man Tbar!

Re: Producing record oil BS [Re: blanked] #8968633 12/06/23 12:22 PM
GasGuzzler Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Average is $3.60 today

That's more than I pay for non-ethanol 91 octane.
87 octane E10 is about a dollar less than you said.
Of course one could argue it's still too high...

Pass the gravy.

Re: Producing record oil BS [Re: blanked] #8968649 12/06/23 01:02 PM
T
TPACK Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Tbar

Oh Ya! You the man Tbar!

I always watch the rig count. It was the lowest (254 rigs) in 8-2020 when I was laid off and just decided to retire early. I don`t think you can compare the rig count # today to the same count 10 years ago though. They are way more efficient at what they do today.

Re: Producing record oil BS [Re: blanked] #8968658 12/06/23 01:29 PM
skinnerback Offline
THF Celebrity Chef
THF Celebrity Chef

He didn’t just cancel any expired leases, on day one he also cancelled any future permits for offshore oil & gas production (what I do). I know what it looks like for this industry to be booming, and this ain’t it. No way we are producing record oil right now.

Re: Producing record oil BS [Re: blanked] #8968665 12/06/23 01:45 PM
D
Dave Davidson Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Turk, the chart is an eye opener. I was drinking the keystone kool aid. The usual question is demand vs supply. Thus , if we are producing a record amount and there is no shortage, the question is who is controlling prices. Big oil, Arabs, and other suppliers are colluding with the assistance or at least awareness of the US government.

I don’t care if the Keystone came mostly from Canada. The pipeline was built and the supply was here. This smacks of collusion between the US government and big oil world wide.

Without a sense of urgency, nothing ever happens.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley, Rancher Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Re: Producing record oil BS [Re: GasGuzzler] #8968679 12/06/23 02:17 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Q
Originally Posted by GasGuzzler
Average is $3.60 today

Current national average is $3.21. Thankfully we're about 60 cents below that in TX, but there are places around the country that are much higher. I was in Colorado last summer and was surprised to have to pay nearly $1/gal extra over TX prices. Shipping to locations distant from refineries is $$$.

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: Producing record oil BS [Re: blanked] #8968681 12/06/23 02:17 PM
C
Cool Mo D Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
JB, he's a good 'un ain't he! WPOS!!!! realmad

Re: Producing record oil BS [Re: blanked] #8968688 12/06/23 02:29 PM
nak Online Sleepy
Veteran Tracker
Online Sleepy
Veteran Tracker
Consider what .gov has done with the reporting of inflation, the consumer price index, and the cost of living...by changing the rules on how the calculations are done, they dramatically move the needle in their favor. At the risk of a ban, I'll also remind people about the apparent manipulation of hospital beds and death rates from a couple of years ago.

Does anyone think that a government agency called the "U.S. Energy Information Administration" might be changing the rules on how oils supply is calculated?

With regard to oil and gas prices: The current administration is working overtime to increase the cost of producing fossil fuel based energy. Additional environments regulations and restrictions are at the forefront of that, but permitting, additional reporting, and the like is also increasing cost. Rewinding a few years, there was a public comment by someone in the current administration that the plan was to increased the cost of gasoline $1/year until it forced the use of alternative energy.

Now factor in the the impact of inflation into the energy industries cost to produce that gallon of gasoline, fuel oil, or diesel. Depending on the source you choose, 19.2% to 21.3 are the "real" inflation numbers thrown around.

Honestly, I'm just glad the cost is not higher than it is today. We need a political shift to hope for any improvement in energy prices.

We all need to practice Whoa more.
Re: Producing record oil BS [Re: TurkeyHunter] #8968695 12/06/23 02:35 PM
P
Paluxy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by TurkeyHunter

You don't need an article. You can easily go to the source. This is where any article would get their production information. There's all sorts of data freely available.

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=MCRFPUS2&f=M

Keep in mind the Keystone Pipeline was to bring crude oil from Alberta, Canada (another country) to the USA.

We already have a huge network of pipelines across this country. The environmental BS for the Keystone never made any sense to me. There was some some underlying motivation.

It never made sense to me that US oil producers would want tar oil in the market, refiners yes, producers no.

Re: Producing record oil BS [Re: blanked] #8968701 12/06/23 02:41 PM
J
Jgraider Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
J
We do have record US crude oil production. Pipeline and refining capacity as mentioned above, are one reason prices aren't lower than they are.

[Linked Image]

Re: Producing record oil BS [Re: Dave Davidson] #8968702 12/06/23 02:45 PM
R
reeltexan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by Dave Davidson
Sumbitch doesn’t care about production. He’s a tree hugger.

He's a CCP puppet.

[Linked Image]

"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Re: Producing record oil BS [Re: GasGuzzler] #8968704 12/06/23 02:46 PM
R
reeltexan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by GasGuzzler
Average is $3.60 today

One could, since it was $1.89 in November of 20.

[Linked Image]

"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Re: Producing record oil BS [Re: blanked] #8968707 12/06/23 02:49 PM
P
Paluxy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P

Re: Producing record oil BS [Re: Paluxy] #8968726 12/06/23 03:43 PM
T
tigger Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted by Paluxy

Thanks

Tigger
If it isn't white it is not a birddog.

KC
Lying is lying. Don't bitch about one doing it and condone another. That's called hypocrisy.
Re: Producing record oil BS [Re: blanked] #8968741 12/06/23 04:01 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

Timing is everything. This all started exactly when biden came in office. In fact he campaigned he was cutting back on fossil fuels. Not buying biden has nothing to do with it

It’s more than just the USA president. Skinner’s post I believe explains well the Biden impact for the USA.

To be determined
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide