Forums46
Topics538,441
Posts9,737,085
Members87,089
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17
Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Dry Fire] #8609059 05/31/22 01:07 PM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by Dry Fire
I will see your Canada and raise you a Mexico. One gun store for the entire country. Yet the cartels have more fire power than the Mexican government.

Exactly what would happen here if guns were outlawed.....

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Roll-Tide] #8609063 05/31/22 01:18 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Date: April 19, 1995
Number of deaths: 168
Injured: 680+
Weapons: ANNM fertilizer truck bomb

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8609067 05/31/22 01:20 PM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Date: April 19, 1995
Number of deaths: 168
Injured: 680+
Weapons: ANNM fertilizer truck bomb

There you go with facts again.....

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Roll-Tide] #8609069 05/31/22 01:23 PM
B
blanked Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Amazing you people think an 18 year old with no upbringing and spends all there time playing video games should be able to buy guns just cause there 18. Baffling

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: blanked] #8609074 05/31/22 01:28 PM
J.G. Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by blanked
Amazing you people think an 18 year old with no upbringing and spends all there time playing video games should be able to buy guns just cause there 18. Baffling

You liberal sheep go about this completely backwards.

YOU ARE NOT GOING TO STOP BAD PEOPLE FROM GETTING FIREARMS!!! Get it through your thick head. They have been on this continent for over 600 years. They are here to stay and widely available.

The answer to this is to harden the targets. You have armed people at every school. When a shooter tries to shoot up a school, you kill him. It is just that simple.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: blanked] #8609078 05/31/22 01:32 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal

So when a 21 year old does it do we raise the age to 22 and then 23 and then 24, etc

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Roll-Tide] #8609081 05/31/22 01:34 PM
K
killemall Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
K
Lets start by building more jails and mental hospitals, aka storage units for nut jobs. Let's lock up all the habitual trouble makers and known nut cases and throw away key. Then LEO could focus more on watching potential threats and less time chasing the same old idiots around 24/7.

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: blanked] #8609082 05/31/22 01:39 PM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C

What makes 18 years of age the issue? I know 50 year old people who don't need to have a gun because they are mentally ill, yet we have federal laws that protect those mental cases and allow them to continue life like nothing is wrong. Why would we not look first at people with mental defects or those who are depressed and don't value life? You/Us banning 18 year olds from buying guns is NOT going to solve this issue, this is much like expanding background checks, all these guys or most of them cleared the background check. Baffles me that folks like you believe laws cure every ill, we don't even enforce the laws we have now, and people intent on doing harm just steal what they cannot purchase legally. Even though the Oklahoma City Bomber was well trained in firearms and tactics, he didn't use one and didn't need one.

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Roll-Tide] #8609083 05/31/22 01:39 PM
D
don k Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
I think there is going to some kind of change in gun laws. What I do not know. At the least a limit of rounds a magazine can hold. Hopefully that will be the extent of it.

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: killemall] #8609085 05/31/22 01:42 PM
J.G. Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by killemall
Lets start by building more jails and mental hospitals, aka storage units for nut jobs. Let's lock up all the habitual trouble makers and known nut cases and throw away key. Then LEO could focus more on watching potential threats and less time chasing the same old idiots around 24/7.

Negative, we have plenty of those money sucking leeches. Death row, kill em all. That makes more space. Bring back the chain gang working on our roads. Prison won't be so much fun anymore, and that will also make more space.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: J.G.] #8609087 05/31/22 01:42 PM
Ol Thumper Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted by FiremanJG

Negative, we have plenty of those money sucking leeches. Death row, kill em all. That makes more space. Bring back the chain gang working on our roads. Prison won't be so much fun anymore, and that will also make more space.

Yep, I knew I loved you for a reason up

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Roll-Tide] #8609090 05/31/22 01:44 PM
T
Texas buckeye Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Guys, blanked is merely laughing as he trolls us with these ridiculous claims about how canada is better and 18 yos don't need to have guns.

Don't feed the troll!!!

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: J.G.] #8609091 05/31/22 01:44 PM
K
killemall Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
K

That works too lol

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: J.G.] #8609093 05/31/22 01:46 PM
onlysmith&wesson Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter

You liberal sheep go about this completely backwards.

YOU ARE NOT GOING TO STOP BAD PEOPLE FROM GETTING FIREARMS!!! Get it through your thick head. They have been on this continent for over 600 years. They are here to stay and widely available.

The answer to this is to harden the targets. You have armed people at every school. When a shooter tries to shoot up a school, you kill him. It is just that simple.

Works for me.

An unethical shot is one you take, that you know you shouldn't.
Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Roll-Tide] #8609096 05/31/22 01:48 PM
T
Texas Dan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
I have no problem raising the legal age to buy a firearm to 21, just as it is to buy a beer.

I also agree School Resource Officers need to be far more hardened both mentally and physically than they are now. My wife and I watched one at a recent baseball game and both agreed the guy was not physically capable of getting quickly to any point on campus where he needed to engage a shooter. I also suspect the vast majority of the women who currently hold these positions don't have what it takes to protect school campuses at the level that's needed. My gut is there are both men and women in these positions who will never have what it takes to protect the streets, and for that reason, become a SRO.

While I'm no LEO, I have to believe these are seen as "cush" positions within the LEO community. That may have been the case a decade or two ago but not any more.

Last edited by Texas Dan; 05/31/22 02:02 PM.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Roll-Tide] #8609097 05/31/22 01:52 PM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Terrorists around the world have proven we cannot protect everyone all the time. It is really just that simple, they will find a way to carry out their attacks regardless of our planning. We can harden the targets and derail their plans but they will find other targets. The real question I have is, Do we treasure our children enough to protect them at school? If we do, then we need to stop all this debate and get them protected. The fact that this kid was able to just jump a fence and enter an unlocked school house is all telling here, knowledgable men and women have outlined all the means to accomplish the goal, yet we politicalize these shootings and make them about political agendas. We have hardened targets all over America which make it very difficult for a bad guy to gain access, yet responding police are provided easy access when they need to get inside, either that or the site has their own response team.

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Concho] #8609098 05/31/22 01:55 PM
K
killemall Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Concho
Terrorists around the world have proven we cannot protect everyone all the time. It is really just that simple, they will find a way to carry out their attacks regardless of our planning. We can harden the targets and derail their plans but they will find other targets. The real question I have is, Do we treasure our children enough to protect them at school? If we do, then we need to stop all this debate and get them protected. The fact that this kid was able to just jump a fence and enter an unlocked school house is all telling here, knowledgable men and women have outlined all the means to accomplish the goal, yet we politicalize these shootings and make them about political agendas. We have hardened targets all over America which make it very difficult for a bad guy to gain access, yet responding police are provided easy access when they need to get inside, either that or the site has their own response team.

Yup, there are some very common sense, non controversial methods of making schools more difficult targets. Alot of things that could be done prior to school opening in the fall

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Texas buckeye] #8609101 05/31/22 01:59 PM
J
Jimbo1 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
Guys, blanked is merely laughing as he trolls us with these ridiculous claims about how canada is better and 18 yos don't need to have guns.

Don't feed the troll!!!

This here!

FJB - Lets Go Brandon
BBB - Bring Back Better
Awake - Not Woke!
Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Texas Dan] #8609103 05/31/22 02:07 PM
C
Concho Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by Texas Dan
I have no problem raising the legal age to buy a firearm to 21, just as it is to buy a beer.

I also agree School Resource Officers need to be far more hardened both mentally and physically than they are now. My wife and I watched one at a recent baseball game and both agreed the guy was not physically capable of getting quickly to any point on campus where he needed to engage a shooter. I also suspect the vast majority of the women who currently hold these positions don't have what it takes to protect school campuses at the level that's needed. My gut is there are both men and women in these positions who will never have what it takes to protect the streets, and for that reason, become a SRO.

While I'm no LEO, I have to believe these are seen as "cush" positions within the LEO community. That may have been the case a decade or two ago but not any more.

So, you are fine with raising the right to purchase a gun to 21 in an age where we have 40 year olds still living with Mamma.....comical to believe age is the defining issue for maturity.

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Roll-Tide] #8609118 05/31/22 02:27 PM
B
bassfishinglawyer Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
I would be willing to give up all of my guns (and I have a lot!) if I knew another person would never die by gun violence again.

In fact, I am willing to take a chance on the theory raised by the left that this works. I will put my guns in escrow, and the left puts $100,000 in escrow for each gun I own. If no one ever dies from gun violence, they keep my guns. If someone dies (in other words, their theory failed), then I get my guns back plus the money.

Anyone willing to put your money where your mouth is?

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Roll-Tide] #8609183 05/31/22 03:58 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
One day it will not be a gun that kills a bunch of innocent children. It is not the methos, but the reason that needs to be solved.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: dogcatcher] #8609191 05/31/22 04:07 PM
T
Texas Dan Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by dogcatcher
One day it will not be a gun that kills a bunch of innocent children. It is not the methos, but the reason that needs to be solved.

Unfortunately, this is a not a society that wants to hold parents accountable. Hell, accountability is hard to be found with so many things these days. I would say the average teacher and administrator has far more fear these days of problem parents and students than they do firearms. And "Leave no Child Behind" has only made it worse.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Concho] #8609194 05/31/22 04:08 PM
J
jcarring99 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Concho
Originally Posted by Texas Dan

So, you are fine with raising the right to purchase a gun to 21 in an age where we have 40 year olds still living with Mamma.....comical to believe age is the defining issue for maturity.

Not trying to argue or anything but research shows that the brain isn't fully developed until sometime around 25. I'm guessing that's one reason why insurance goes down pretty significantly at that age. They sometimes don't make rational decisions at age 18 that they would at age 25 you know?

On a side note why is there so much talk about the AR 15 causing some much more damage than other rounds? I mean you have people talking about that round blowing them up to being unrecognizable. Where is this coming from? It doesn't make a lot of logical sense to me but people are pointing to that as a reason to ban AR sales that somehow not only can you get more rounds off but it does more damage than other weapons

Joel Carrington
214-770-7978
Email: joel@carringtonconstructiondfw.com
Carrington Roofing & Construction, LLC
Financing options click: https://app.gethearth.com/flyers/carrington-roofing-construction-llc/joel
www.carringtonconstructiondfw.com
Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Roll-Tide] #8609210 05/31/22 04:26 PM
S
Sailor Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
99--- insurance goes down...rofl
stfu... laugh

Re: Very controversial. What gun reform could you accept? [Re: Sailor] #8609215 05/31/22 04:29 PM
J
jcarring99 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Sailor
99--- insurance goes down...rofl
stfu... laugh

lol well it's been a while but I remember vividly when I turned 25 and my insurance went down significantly. Does it not anymore? That was the magic number for males back in my day. Of course that was a long time ago

Joel Carrington
214-770-7978
Email: joel@carringtonconstructiondfw.com
Carrington Roofing & Construction, LLC
Financing options click: https://app.gethearth.com/flyers/carrington-roofing-construction-llc/joel
www.carringtonconstructiondfw.com
Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide