Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Teen runs over cyclists [Re: TXHOGSLAYER] #8398750 09/27/21 01:50 AM
cbump Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
When I was in Nashville recently on Broadway street (way crowded, huge party street) this idiot on a crotch rocket was at a red light in the middle of a pack of cars smoking his back tire on all the cars. Light turned green and the diesel in front of him took off black smoking him bad. I laughed at that.

Re: Teen runs over cyclists [Re: cbump] #8398813 09/27/21 02:39 AM
skinnerback Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
Online Content
THF Celebrity Chef
Originally Posted by cbump
When I was in Nashville recently on Broadway street (way crowded, huge party street) this idiot on a crotch rocket was at a red light in the middle of a pack of cars smoking his back tire on all the cars. Light turned green and the diesel in front of him took off black smoking him bad. I laughed at that.

I would have too.

Re: Teen runs over cyclists [Re: TXHOGSLAYER] #8414868 10/12/21 02:20 AM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
https://www.click2houston.com/news/...o-struck-cyclists-waller-county-da-says/

Waller police mishandled case of teen driver who struck cyclists, Waller County DA says
‘This case was not handled appropriately by the investigating agency. PERIOD.’

D.A. says case was not handled properly
6 cyclists his by truck in Waller County
D.A. says case was not handled properly
WALLER COUNTY, Texas – The Waller County District Attorney said the Waller Police Department mishandled its investigation into the teen driver who struck a group of cyclists in late September.

“This case was not handled appropriately by the investigating agency. PERIOD,” Waller County District Attorney Elton R. Mathis wrote in a lengthy social media post Monday.

“Despite being encouraged by the Texas Department of Public Safety to treat the scene as a crime scene and to contact the D.A.’s Office for advice on how to proceed, the investigating agency chose not to do so,” wrote Mathis.

The Waller Police Department recently completed its investigation into the incident and turned the case over to the Waller County DA’s office. Mathis assigned a Special Prosecutor to the case.

RELATED: Attorneys representing 6 cyclists hit in Waller County conducting their own civil investigation

At about 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 25, a 16-year-old in a pickup truck struck six cyclists in the 41800 block of Business U.S. 290. All six cyclists suffered injuries in the crash. Four were transported by ambulance and two were transported via Life Flight to a local hospital.

The attorneys representing the cyclists said their clients suffered a range of injuries, including broken vertebrae, cervical and lumbar spinal injuries, broken bones, traumatic brain injuries, lacerations, road rash and severe bruising.

According to a crash report, the driver was intentionally blowing exhaust while reaching for his cellphone when he struck the cyclists.

RELATED: Waller police investigating after 6 cyclists struck by teen driving pick-up truck

Officers with the Waller Police Department were called the scene. The officers did not take statements from the cyclists at the scene of the crash or at the hospitals to which they were transported, the cyclists’ attorneys said. As of Oct. 11, no charges have been filed against the teen driver.

In a Sept. 28 social media post, Mathis stressed that the teen would receive “no favorable or unfavorable treatment based upon who his family may or may not be.”

“We reiterate, THIS IS A VERY SERIOUS CASE that involves a juvenile and six individuals that thankfully are not deceased at this time,” Mathis wrote. “We hear your complaints, we understand your frustration, but this case WILL BE THOROUGHLY reviewed and justice will be done.”

View Waller County District Attorney Elton R. Mathis’ full Oct. 11 statement below.

It has been 16 days now since six innocent bicyclists were run over by a motorist in Waller County. This office tried to refrain from passing any judgment until we could gather information about what happened at the scene. As previously stated, we did not get professionally or formally notified of the occurrence at the time of the event, but found out via social media. Now, we are able to share a small part of our opinions as the case investigation progresses and questions continue to arise as to how the D.A.’s office will proceed.

1) This case was not handled appropriately by the investigating agency. PERIOD. Despite being encouraged by the Texas Department of Public Safety to treat the scene as a crime scene and to contact the D.A.’s Office for advice on how to proceed, the investigating agency chose not to do so. The actions of the Texas Department of Public Safety on scene were professional and we are thankful they were there to assist. We are also working with the Waller County Sheriff’s Office to gather the evidence they are able to provide as they arrived on scene to backup Waller P.D. Sheriff Guidry has been most helpful in this regard.

2) There has been some online and community speculation that the incident was handled in the manner it was because of connections between the motorist and Waller city officials. At this point we can confirm there are some connections, but have yet to see evidence of a city official directing the officer on the scene as to how to handle this particular situation. We will continue to look for any such criminal interference as the investigation proceeds.

3) Attorneys for the victims have been more than helpful in assisting this office with seeking justice. Our lines of communication are open and the victims questions are being answered as they arise even though we know they would prefer a faster decision-making process.

4) All sides of this matter (the juvenile, the adult passenger, their families, the victims and their friends/families) can be assured that this case is not being swept away as the days pass, and attorneys for both boys are being cooperative at this time. This will not be a lynching and likewise it will not be a case of small county politics making problems just go away.

5) Finally, we ask that all of our community members and bicyclists that come here to continue to be respectful of one another, share the roads and abide by the laws. This is not the time for finger pointing at groups or making assumptions about people based on their choices in sports or residency. The world is already filled with too much hate and we can do our part as a community (that includes its cyclists and farmers alike) to ensure that justice is done in the courtroom and not on the side of the road. The world is watching all of us. Let’s be the example that it needs to see.

Thanks to all of you for your continued patience.

Waller County District Attorney Elton R. Mathis

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Teen runs over cyclists [Re: dogcatcher] #8414950 10/12/21 04:08 AM
T
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Don’t really know the details of this incident. But I can tell you my experience here in the hill country. Folks love to have bike rides here. And at 65 years of age I have NEVER seen anyone with so little respect for their own lives as bicyclers. One Saturday traveling from mountain home to Harper I ran into about 12 groups of them in some kind of life risk worthy event.

ALL 12 groups of 3-4 each rode side by side doing no more than 30mph (70-75mph limits) on roads that mostly had no shoulder. On 41 where they did have a shoulder, they STILL rode side by side blocking the road on a 75 mph highway. I was hauling a stock trailer and i can tell you it’s extremely frustrating topping a hill and having to slam on your brakes to avoid people who have so little respect for themselves and you. Literally almost wrecked trying to pass a group when another truck topped the hill and my antilock brakes took over.

I have absolutely NO sympathy whatsoever for cyclists doing that. Pathetic idiots.

Crotchety old bastidge
Re: Teen runs over cyclists [Re: TXHOGSLAYER] #8415031 10/12/21 12:24 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
yep

Re: Teen runs over cyclists [Re: TXHOGSLAYER] #8415067 10/12/21 12:53 PM
Y
yotehater Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Y
I witnessed some of these diesel idiots coming through Waco. They stopped right in the highway to drag race after holding up traffic for several miles. All the black smoke was noxious. There were kids out in the highway taking pictures and acting like it was a normal thing. I wish the EPA or Texas inspection stations would confiscate every one of them.

One shot is all it should take.
Re: Teen runs over cyclists [Re: yotehater] #8415078 10/12/21 01:02 PM
6InARowMakeItGo Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by yotehater
I witnessed some of these diesel idiots coming through Waco. They stopped right in the highway to drag race after holding up traffic for several miles. All the black smoke was noxious. There were kids out in the highway taking pictures and acting like it was a normal thing. I wish the EPA or Texas inspection stations would confiscate every one of them.

Bless your heart.

🍻
Re: Teen runs over cyclists [Re: TXHOGSLAYER] #8415143 10/12/21 02:06 PM
Y
yotehater Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Y
It's alright. Keep breaking the law. You are special.

One shot is all it should take.
Re: Teen runs over cyclists [Re: yotehater] #8415158 10/12/21 02:13 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H

I don't do that, but I do despise the ignorant, self serving, road hogging cyclists who almost seem to taunt you, far more than the diesel smoke belching idgits. Far more.

Re: Teen runs over cyclists [Re: yotehater] #8415166 10/12/21 02:17 PM
6InARowMakeItGo Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

Lmao! I’m not breaking law there boy, I do drive a diesel but not one that’ll blow smoke. Just thought it was funny how since you don’t like something the. You think the government should step in and do something about that t. I guess it’s typical of people like you.

🍻
Re: Teen runs over cyclists [Re: TXHOGSLAYER] #8415242 10/12/21 03:20 PM
S
Shotgun Willie Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
When idiots collide. Sometimes when they collide one's in a truck and one's on a bike.

Re: Teen runs over cyclists [Re: TXHOGSLAYER] #8415251 10/12/21 03:27 PM
F
FamousAmos Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F
I ride a bike quite a bit and have had folks irritated that I am on the road "roll smoke" as they pass. This is so very sad.

“And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.”
‭‭Micah‬ ‭6:8‬
Re: Teen runs over cyclists [Re: TXHOGSLAYER] #8415275 10/12/21 03:45 PM
J
John2 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
J
I'm going to agree with therancher with what he said.In years past the cyclists would ride 4-5 side by side on the nerrow roads and dare vehicles to honk or tell them to get in single file so traffic could get by.I don't like disrespective drivers to cyclists but cyclists need to understand being a road hog can be very dangerous.

Not all those that wander are lost..

Back The Men in Blue that wears a badge

Re: Teen runs over cyclists [Re: TXHOGSLAYER] #8415325 10/12/21 04:15 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
When cyclists start paying for road maintenance & new roads with costs associated with their bikes, they'll have a better argument. It still won't be a good one, but will be better.

Last edited by Hudbone; 10/12/21 04:18 PM.
Re: Teen runs over cyclists [Re: Hudbone] #8415342 10/12/21 04:27 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by Hudbone
I hate bikes on small roads not designed for their use. This kid driver is a bonafide idjit.

I'd go with that.

I can also admit that pointing the finger leaves a few pointing back at me. At 16 I was guilty of making a black cloud of diesel smoke on a few bicyclists. Like another poster above wrote, windy hilly 70 mph road with no shoulder or bike lane. Thankfully ive matured A LOT! but I still curse them when I run into a mess of them. I need to have Ludacris and MOVE B!+ch GET OUT THE WAY ready to blare at the touch of a button.

Whoever decided that bikes should have the same right on roads is not the sharpest tool.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Teen runs over cyclists [Re: yotehater] #8415348 10/12/21 04:33 PM
E
Espy Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
E

I’ve traveled that Hwy thru Waco thousands of times. Never have I seem anything like that. The McLennan county sheriff would have a field day if he found out that was going on. That mam don’t play.

Re: Teen runs over cyclists [Re: Hudbone] #8415352 10/12/21 04:36 PM
M
MBradford Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
When cyclists start paying for road maintenance & new roads with costs associated with their bikes, they'll have a better argument. It still won't be a good one, but will be better.

What costs are associated with their bikes?

Re: Teen runs over cyclists [Re: MBradford] #8415359 10/12/21 04:41 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by MBradford

There are none. With vehicles registration, fuel tax etc. all funds road, not bikes.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Teen runs over cyclists [Re: MBradford] #8415360 10/12/21 04:41 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

The riders also drive vehicles and pay taxes.

[Linked Image]
Re: Teen runs over cyclists [Re: dogcatcher] #8415361 10/12/21 04:43 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by dogcatcher

So do I but it doesnt give me the right to stand in the fast lane on IH 35.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Teen runs over cyclists [Re: TXHOGSLAYER] #8415363 10/12/21 04:44 PM
TCM3 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Cyclists need catalytic convertors on them, think of all the gasses they're emitting...... bolt

Do not forget to entertain strangers, For by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels
Hebrews 13:2
(R-TX)
Re: Teen runs over cyclists [Re: Hudbone] #8415364 10/12/21 04:45 PM
F
FamousAmos Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
F

Bicycles were on our roads long before automobiles.

“And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.”
‭‭Micah‬ ‭6:8‬
Re: Teen runs over cyclists [Re: TXHOGSLAYER] #8415370 10/12/21 04:52 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Pretty certain bicyclists are sucking off infrastructure built for and primarily paid by the use motorized vehicles.

Re: Teen runs over cyclists [Re: redchevy] #8415372 10/12/21 04:53 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by redchevy
Originally Posted by dogcatcher

So do I but it doesnt give me the right to stand in the fast lane on IH 35.

This was not the case in Waller, the riders were legally riding in the road.

[Linked Image]
Re: Teen runs over cyclists [Re: Hudbone] #8415374 10/12/21 04:54 PM
E
EdRoth Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
E

Do you not think they do?

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide