Texas Hunting Forum

Teen runs over cyclists

Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Teen runs over cyclists - 09/26/21 12:49 PM

There will be calls to ban diesel trucks now.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/houston-bicyclists-struck-teen-driver-alleged-prank-waller-county
Posted By: Stub

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 09/26/21 01:08 PM

Saw that on FOX news. 16 year old trying to be funny and blow diesel smoke on some bicyclist that went way wrong hammer
Posted By: Sailor

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 09/26/21 01:26 PM

Well. he should be about 40, when he gets out... hammer
Posted By: cbump

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 09/26/21 01:32 PM

Dumbass
Posted By: Simple Searcher

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 09/26/21 01:48 PM

Good lord.
Bicyclist have enough risk without idiots.
Had a guy blow by me doing 100+MPH, the passenger threw a beer bottle at a bicyclist as they when by, missed his head by inches. He didn't out run me and the cops were waiting when he hit town. Then he tried to fight them to add to DWI and a few other things.
Seen a few too many ghost bikes, including a double where a mom and dad died right down the road. Be careful out there.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 09/26/21 02:11 PM

Stupid teenagers. We have to keep our eyes peeled for the next door neighbor's granddaughter who just started driving. 'Most ADHD kid I've ever seen in my life, and of course, glued to her phone at all times. She's now pregnant. Everyone could see that coming miles away. bang
Posted By: fmrmbmlm

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 09/26/21 02:37 PM

Haven't seen it in a while, but a few years ago there were a few that would do that going thruogh downtown Taylor. Smoke was so bad you couldn't see through it.These weren't teenagers, should be ticketed or arrested and ticketed for disruption of traffic or neglegeent driving.Seemsed like they were always Dodges or Rams with mirrors sticking out into the other lane.
Posted By: Biscuit

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 09/26/21 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by cbump
Dumbass

Precisely
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 09/26/21 02:42 PM

I used to work with a couple of guys that were long distance cyclists - serious guys. They both were severely injured by people in vehicles throwing things at them or running them off the road. They quit riding. Decided it was too dangerous. I rode for a few years, doing rides of 30 to 40 miles, but never was threatened in any way. The oldest SiL is a high level senior triathlon guy, and he has never had any problems.
Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 09/26/21 02:49 PM

The idiots are gaining strength.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 09/26/21 03:11 PM

Probably had a huge tailpipe and bumper nuts.
Posted By: Tin Head

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 09/26/21 04:47 PM

its only a issue if the bicyclist were black. i doubt it so all is good . carry on
Posted By: Davis300

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 09/26/21 04:50 PM

Kids are just plain old stupid sometimes. Do the crime, do the time.
Posted By: 6InARowMakeItGo

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 09/26/21 04:53 PM

Kid was a dumbazz , but the cycle boys were probably riding in the road like they always do also.
Posted By: LeonCarr

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 09/26/21 05:31 PM

Idiot
Posted By: jeepercreeper

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 09/26/21 06:28 PM

As a former avid road cyclist, i had too many close calls. When I had kids i decided 1) i didnt have time for long rides anymore 2) it wasnt worth the risk. Eventhough cyclists have the same rights to the road as motorists, its just not safe and just a matter of time before injury or death. Now I stick to the trails and just worry about the trees and rocks.

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 09/26/21 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Thundervee
Kid was a dumbazz , but the cycle boys were probably riding in the road like they always do also.

Which is legal and no excuse for anyone acting like a dumbass.
Posted By: Davis300

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 09/26/21 07:12 PM

Serious question - why do cyclist have the same rights to the roads when they usually cannot do the same speed limit? Seems like an accident waiting to happen more times than not.
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 09/26/21 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Davis300
Serious question - why do cyclist have the same rights to the roads when they usually cannot do the same speed limit? Seems like an accident waiting to happen more times than not.

popcorn
Posted By: Buzzsaw

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 09/26/21 07:23 PM

surely no one on the THF would set their diesel truck up to do this.
Posted By: Tin Head

Originally Posted by Davis300
because in the future we will all be riding bikes.
bolt
Posted By: 603Country

That question exactly illustrates the problem cyclists have. Motorists don’t want to share. And that gets worse when cyclists ‘take more than their share’ as defined by motorists.
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 09/26/21 07:26 PM

Posted By: The Dude Abides

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 09/26/21 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by jeepercreeper
As a former avid road cyclist, i had too many close calls. When I had kids i decided 1) i didnt have time for long rides anymore 2) it wasnt worth the risk. Eventhough cyclists have the same rights to the road as motorists, its just not safe and just a matter of time before injury or death. Now I stick to the trails and just worry about the trees and rocks.

Same...stick to the MB trails.

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 09/26/21 07:51 PM

Just cause it’s legal doesn’t make it a good idea.
Posted By: don k

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 09/26/21 08:45 PM

My place is about a mile east of Hwy 470 which goes from Bandera to Utopia. It is a two lane narrow road that has a 70 MPH speed limit on it. No bike lane. A few years ago there used to be a lot of bicycle riders on it which was very stupid. There are a lot of hills where you can't see very good. A bicycle rider was run over and killed. Now there are no bicycle riders on it that I ever see.
Posted By: Grit

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 09/26/21 09:45 PM

There's a reason why your mother told you to stay out of the street. trout
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 09/26/21 10:15 PM

Like motorcycles, it’s just too dangerous with distracted drivers and idiots.

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 09/26/21 10:33 PM

Just because it’s legal to own an AR doesn’t mean it’s a good idea. See what I did there?

Someone doing a legal activity is never an excuse for someone to act illegally. And when you say the kid was a dumbass “but” that’s exactly what you’re saying. Like it’s somehow the cyclists fault.
Posted By: retfuz

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 09/26/21 10:51 PM

I have never understood the logic of a person or group of people riding a pedal powered bicycle on the same road with 4,000 pound 400 horsepower motor vehicles. Then, add texting, inattention, and DWI, and it just doesn't make sense. Just because it's legal, doesn't make it smart.
That's all.
Carry on.
Posted By: txwildcat

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 09/26/21 10:55 PM

Cuts both ways. Driving in the Austin area for the last ~30yrs I've witnessed plenty of cyclists pulling ahole moves. Illegal as well so I'm sure there are reasons to be frustrated both ways.

For me, it isnt worth it to hit one no matter what they pull. Just get by safely and wave hello. Former cylist as well but I chose to keep it to the trails.

Btw regarding the OP--DA kid....no doubt.
Posted By: SRPI89

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 09/26/21 11:18 PM

A drunk driver took out a whole pack of cyclists out here a few years back. A few were doctors and didn’t make it. Was a real sad situation. They do a memorial ride every year, and I think a handful of them got hit. It’s just not worth it out here with the oilfield traffic.
Posted By: PKnTX

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 09/26/21 11:32 PM

Seems homicidal negligence can be shrugged off if it’s committed against
someone participating in an activity not appreciated even though legal.

Doesn’t seem long ago videos on here of douche bags “rolling coal” on people
with the audacity to be on the street was seen as hilarious. It was stupid then and
It is disgusting now.

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 09/26/21 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by PKnTX
Seems homicidal negligence can be shrugged off if it’s committed against
someone participating in an activity not appreciated even though legal.

Doesn’t seem long ago videos on here of douche bags “rolling coal” on people
with the audacity to be on the street was seen as hilarious. It was stupid then and
It is disgusting now.

Yes sir!a

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 09/26/21 11:44 PM

Just because it’s legal to own an AR doesn’t mean it’s a good idea. See what I did there?

Someone doing a legal activity is never an excuse for someone to act illegally. And when you say the kid was a dumbass “but” that’s exactly what you’re saying. Like it’s somehow the cyclists fault.

You just want to argue man, you know damn good and well Thats not what I was saying. But like always, you want to twist chit to fit your narrative. It’s all good man. Keep your bike off the f-Ing road and you won’t have any issues. Your little town you patrol may put up with the dumb chit but it’s not like that everywhere, on a two lane road with no shoulder, you’re a retard if you think you’re being safe riding that. Like I said, the kid was a dumbazz for doing what he did. You can downplay the cyclists fault all you want, it is what it is. Just like a motorcycle rider weaving in and out of traffic splitting lanes. It’s dumb and may get you killed, not just a ride to the ER.
Posted By: krmitchell

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 09/27/21 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by txwildcat
Cuts both ways. Driving in the Austin area for the last ~30yrs I've witnessed plenty of cyclists pulling ahole moves. Illegal as well so I'm sure there are reasons to be frustrated both ways.

For me, it isnt worth it to hit one no matter what they pull. Just get by safely and wave hello. Former cylist as well but I chose to keep it to the trails.

Btw regarding the OP--DA kid....no doubt.

I had a cyclist run into me in downtown austin. Flipped his dumbass off his bike when he was going the wrong way in traffic and clipped my mirror. Tried to blame me so I said lets call the police so we can document the incident since he damaged my car. Funny how quickly he peddled off in the distance. Had to replace my mirror cover but oh well.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 09/27/21 12:39 AM

I hate bikes on small roads not designed for their use. This kid driver is a bonafide idjit.
Posted By: skinnerback

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 09/27/21 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Hudbone
I hate bikes on small roads not designed for their use. This kid driver is a bonafide idjit.

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 09/27/21 12:53 AM

You just want to argue man, you know damn good and well Thats not what I was saying. But like always, you want to twist chit to fit your narrative. It’s all good man. Keep your bike off the f-Ing road and you won’t have any issues. Your little town you patrol may put up with the dumb chit but it’s not like that everywhere, on a two lane road with no shoulder, you’re a retard if you think you’re being safe riding that. Like I said, the kid was a dumbazz for doing what he did. You can downplay the cyclists fault all you want, it is what it is. Just like a motorcycle rider weaving in and out of traffic splitting lanes. It’s dumb and may get you killed, not just a ride to the ER.

Who the [censored] do you think you are? I didn’t say anything personal to you but if you want to make It personal

Come on over to my little town I patrol and we’ll talk more about It. You’re so badazz, I can tell. You don’t put up with It in your town? What do you do about It? Roll coal? Throw [censored]? Honk your horn? Oh man, that’s so cool.

No one said it’s [censored] safe by the way. I simply commented that it’s no excuse. This thread has nothing to do with cyclists being unsafe. It was about a kid being a dumbazz. But YOU commented about cyclists to fit YOUR narrative about what you think is unsafe. If you don’t like someone disagreeing with you without making it personal then don’t [censored] comment.

A mc rider weaving in and out of traffic and splitting lanes is illegal. So not the same.

To whoever asked why cyclists have a right to the road it’s because not everyone owns a vehicle and many people ride bikes for their transportation. They wouldn’t be able to get anywhere. It would be hard to regulate between people commuting and people exercising. Smart or not, It is what It is.

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 09/27/21 01:01 AM

Sometimes you get put in positions you don't agree with and you still need to do what is right.

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 09/27/21 01:07 AM

Who the [censored] do you think you are? I didn’t say anything personal to you but if you want to make It personal

Come on over to my little town I patrol and we’ll talk more about It. You’re so badazz, I can tell. You don’t put up with It in your town? What do you do about It? Roll coal? Throw [censored]? Honk your horn? Oh man, that’s so cool.

No one said it’s [censored] safe by the way. I simply commented that it’s no excuse. This thread has nothing to do with cyclists being unsafe. It was about a kid being a dumbazz. But YOU commented about cyclists to fit YOUR narrative about what you think is unsafe. If you don’t like someone disagreeing with you without making it personal then don’t [censored] comment.

A mc rider weaving in and out of traffic and splitting lanes is illegal. So not the same.

To whoever asked why cyclists have a right to the road it’s because not everyone owns a vehicle and many people ride bikes for their transportation. They wouldn’t be able to get anywhere. It would be hard to regulate between people commuting and people exercising. Smart or not, It is what It is.

Lmfao! Calm down Barney,
What do I do about it? Not much, but I don’t inconvenience myself because they’re too f-ing stupid to ride where there’s plenty of room for them to do so safe. Who the f do you think you are? Lmao! Grow the f Up. How’d it get personal? Because I said your little town? roflmao touchy ain’t ya…

It’ll be ok man. Not real smart for a popo to post his address on the web these days. Might wanna edit that. When you do I’ll edit my quote. But if you don’t care, neither do I.

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 09/27/21 01:14 AM

Don't get too big for you britches.

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 09/27/21 01:16 AM

I got two police cars sitting in my drive way. Everyone knows where I live.

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 09/27/21 01:17 AM

Where did britches come into this? rofl

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 09/27/21 01:17 AM

My wife’s got me more pissed off than anything tonight so yeah I might have been a little more touchy than usual.

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 09/27/21 01:18 AM

My wife’s got me more pissed off than anything tonight so yeah I might have been a little more touchy than usual.

Totally understandable dude. Completely. It’s all good.

Be glad she can still do that, mines handicapped from a stroke. I kinda miss her pissing me off from time to time.
Posted By: Payne

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 09/27/21 01:34 AM

I took the addy off both posts

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 09/27/21 01:35 AM

Totally understandable dude. Completely. It’s all good.

Be glad she can still do that, mines handicapped from a stroke. I kinda miss her pissing me off from time to time.

cheers

I’m sorry to hear that about your wife.

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 09/27/21 01:38 AM

Sure hope this gets better for you Sir.
Posted By: MBradford

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 09/27/21 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by reeltexan

Like motorcycles, it’s just too dangerous with distracted drivers and idiots.

Some dude tried to roll coal on me while I was riding my motorcycle a couple of years ago. I was in the center lane when a Ford crew cab passes me on the left. Once he got ahead of me, he slowed down to match my speed and then he floored it and sent a cloud of smoke in front in front of me. I downshifted, accelerated past him while giving him the middle finger and went on my way. roflmao

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 09/27/21 01:50 AM

When I was in Nashville recently on Broadway street (way crowded, huge party street) this idiot on a crotch rocket was at a red light in the middle of a pack of cars smoking his back tire on all the cars. Light turned green and the diesel in front of him took off black smoking him bad. I laughed at that.

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 09/27/21 02:39 AM

When I was in Nashville recently on Broadway street (way crowded, huge party street) this idiot on a crotch rocket was at a red light in the middle of a pack of cars smoking his back tire on all the cars. Light turned green and the diesel in front of him took off black smoking him bad. I laughed at that.

I would have too.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/12/21 02:20 AM

https://www.click2houston.com/news/...o-struck-cyclists-waller-county-da-says/

Waller police mishandled case of teen driver who struck cyclists, Waller County DA says
‘This case was not handled appropriately by the investigating agency. PERIOD.’

D.A. says case was not handled properly
6 cyclists his by truck in Waller County
D.A. says case was not handled properly
WALLER COUNTY, Texas – The Waller County District Attorney said the Waller Police Department mishandled its investigation into the teen driver who struck a group of cyclists in late September.

“This case was not handled appropriately by the investigating agency. PERIOD,” Waller County District Attorney Elton R. Mathis wrote in a lengthy social media post Monday.

“Despite being encouraged by the Texas Department of Public Safety to treat the scene as a crime scene and to contact the D.A.’s Office for advice on how to proceed, the investigating agency chose not to do so,” wrote Mathis.

The Waller Police Department recently completed its investigation into the incident and turned the case over to the Waller County DA’s office. Mathis assigned a Special Prosecutor to the case.

RELATED: Attorneys representing 6 cyclists hit in Waller County conducting their own civil investigation

At about 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, Sept. 25, a 16-year-old in a pickup truck struck six cyclists in the 41800 block of Business U.S. 290. All six cyclists suffered injuries in the crash. Four were transported by ambulance and two were transported via Life Flight to a local hospital.

The attorneys representing the cyclists said their clients suffered a range of injuries, including broken vertebrae, cervical and lumbar spinal injuries, broken bones, traumatic brain injuries, lacerations, road rash and severe bruising.

According to a crash report, the driver was intentionally blowing exhaust while reaching for his cellphone when he struck the cyclists.

RELATED: Waller police investigating after 6 cyclists struck by teen driving pick-up truck

Officers with the Waller Police Department were called the scene. The officers did not take statements from the cyclists at the scene of the crash or at the hospitals to which they were transported, the cyclists’ attorneys said. As of Oct. 11, no charges have been filed against the teen driver.

In a Sept. 28 social media post, Mathis stressed that the teen would receive “no favorable or unfavorable treatment based upon who his family may or may not be.”

“We reiterate, THIS IS A VERY SERIOUS CASE that involves a juvenile and six individuals that thankfully are not deceased at this time,” Mathis wrote. “We hear your complaints, we understand your frustration, but this case WILL BE THOROUGHLY reviewed and justice will be done.”

View Waller County District Attorney Elton R. Mathis’ full Oct. 11 statement below.

It has been 16 days now since six innocent bicyclists were run over by a motorist in Waller County. This office tried to refrain from passing any judgment until we could gather information about what happened at the scene. As previously stated, we did not get professionally or formally notified of the occurrence at the time of the event, but found out via social media. Now, we are able to share a small part of our opinions as the case investigation progresses and questions continue to arise as to how the D.A.’s office will proceed.

1) This case was not handled appropriately by the investigating agency. PERIOD. Despite being encouraged by the Texas Department of Public Safety to treat the scene as a crime scene and to contact the D.A.’s Office for advice on how to proceed, the investigating agency chose not to do so. The actions of the Texas Department of Public Safety on scene were professional and we are thankful they were there to assist. We are also working with the Waller County Sheriff’s Office to gather the evidence they are able to provide as they arrived on scene to backup Waller P.D. Sheriff Guidry has been most helpful in this regard.

2) There has been some online and community speculation that the incident was handled in the manner it was because of connections between the motorist and Waller city officials. At this point we can confirm there are some connections, but have yet to see evidence of a city official directing the officer on the scene as to how to handle this particular situation. We will continue to look for any such criminal interference as the investigation proceeds.

3) Attorneys for the victims have been more than helpful in assisting this office with seeking justice. Our lines of communication are open and the victims questions are being answered as they arise even though we know they would prefer a faster decision-making process.

4) All sides of this matter (the juvenile, the adult passenger, their families, the victims and their friends/families) can be assured that this case is not being swept away as the days pass, and attorneys for both boys are being cooperative at this time. This will not be a lynching and likewise it will not be a case of small county politics making problems just go away.

5) Finally, we ask that all of our community members and bicyclists that come here to continue to be respectful of one another, share the roads and abide by the laws. This is not the time for finger pointing at groups or making assumptions about people based on their choices in sports or residency. The world is already filled with too much hate and we can do our part as a community (that includes its cyclists and farmers alike) to ensure that justice is done in the courtroom and not on the side of the road. The world is watching all of us. Let’s be the example that it needs to see.

Thanks to all of you for your continued patience.

Waller County District Attorney Elton R. Mathis
Posted By: therancher

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/12/21 04:08 AM

Don’t really know the details of this incident. But I can tell you my experience here in the hill country. Folks love to have bike rides here. And at 65 years of age I have NEVER seen anyone with so little respect for their own lives as bicyclers. One Saturday traveling from mountain home to Harper I ran into about 12 groups of them in some kind of life risk worthy event.

ALL 12 groups of 3-4 each rode side by side doing no more than 30mph (70-75mph limits) on roads that mostly had no shoulder. On 41 where they did have a shoulder, they STILL rode side by side blocking the road on a 75 mph highway. I was hauling a stock trailer and i can tell you it’s extremely frustrating topping a hill and having to slam on your brakes to avoid people who have so little respect for themselves and you. Literally almost wrecked trying to pass a group when another truck topped the hill and my antilock brakes took over.

I have absolutely NO sympathy whatsoever for cyclists doing that. Pathetic idiots.

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/12/21 12:24 PM

yep
Posted By: yotehater

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/12/21 12:53 PM

I witnessed some of these diesel idiots coming through Waco. They stopped right in the highway to drag race after holding up traffic for several miles. All the black smoke was noxious. There were kids out in the highway taking pictures and acting like it was a normal thing. I wish the EPA or Texas inspection stations would confiscate every one of them.

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/12/21 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by yotehater
I witnessed some of these diesel idiots coming through Waco. They stopped right in the highway to drag race after holding up traffic for several miles. All the black smoke was noxious. There were kids out in the highway taking pictures and acting like it was a normal thing. I wish the EPA or Texas inspection stations would confiscate every one of them.

Bless your heart.
Posted By: yotehater

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/12/21 02:06 PM

It's alright. Keep breaking the law. You are special.

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/12/21 02:13 PM

I don't do that, but I do despise the ignorant, self serving, road hogging cyclists who almost seem to taunt you, far more than the diesel smoke belching idgits. Far more.

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/12/21 02:17 PM

Lmao! I’m not breaking law there boy, I do drive a diesel but not one that’ll blow smoke. Just thought it was funny how since you don’t like something the. You think the government should step in and do something about that t. I guess it’s typical of people like you.
Posted By: Shotgun Willie

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/12/21 03:20 PM

When idiots collide. Sometimes when they collide one's in a truck and one's on a bike.
Posted By: FamousAmos

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/12/21 03:27 PM

I ride a bike quite a bit and have had folks irritated that I am on the road "roll smoke" as they pass. This is so very sad.
Posted By: John2

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/12/21 03:45 PM

I'm going to agree with therancher with what he said.In years past the cyclists would ride 4-5 side by side on the nerrow roads and dare vehicles to honk or tell them to get in single file so traffic could get by.I don't like disrespective drivers to cyclists but cyclists need to understand being a road hog can be very dangerous.

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/12/21 04:15 PM

When cyclists start paying for road maintenance & new roads with costs associated with their bikes, they'll have a better argument. It still won't be a good one, but will be better.
Posted By: redchevy

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/12/21 04:27 PM

I'd go with that.

I can also admit that pointing the finger leaves a few pointing back at me. At 16 I was guilty of making a black cloud of diesel smoke on a few bicyclists. Like another poster above wrote, windy hilly 70 mph road with no shoulder or bike lane. Thankfully ive matured A LOT! but I still curse them when I run into a mess of them. I need to have Ludacris and MOVE B!+ch GET OUT THE WAY ready to blare at the touch of a button.

Whoever decided that bikes should have the same right on roads is not the sharpest tool.
Posted By: Espy

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/12/21 04:33 PM

I’ve traveled that Hwy thru Waco thousands of times. Never have I seem anything like that. The McLennan county sheriff would have a field day if he found out that was going on. That mam don’t play.

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/12/21 04:36 PM

When cyclists start paying for road maintenance & new roads with costs associated with their bikes, they'll have a better argument. It still won't be a good one, but will be better.

What costs are associated with their bikes?

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/12/21 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by MBradford

There are none. With vehicles registration, fuel tax etc. all funds road, not bikes.

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/12/21 04:41 PM

The riders also drive vehicles and pay taxes.

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/12/21 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by dogcatcher

So do I but it doesnt give me the right to stand in the fast lane on IH 35.
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/12/21 04:44 PM

Cyclists need catalytic convertors on them, think of all the gasses they're emitting...... bolt
Posted By: FamousAmos

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/12/21 04:45 PM

Bicycles were on our roads long before automobiles.

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/12/21 04:52 PM

Pretty certain bicyclists are sucking off infrastructure built for and primarily paid by the use motorized vehicles.

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/12/21 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by redchevy

So do I but it doesnt give me the right to stand in the fast lane on IH 35.

This was not the case in Waller, the riders were legally riding in the road.
Posted By: EdRoth

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/12/21 04:54 PM

Do you not think they do?

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/12/21 04:58 PM

this is no different from people in these here parts riding on city roads in golf carts and UTVs with underage drivers, open containers, children without car seats and at night. Plain & simple, hogging a road and impeding conventional traffic is not the best of ideas.

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/12/21 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by EdRoth

Read what was written, "with costs associated with their bikes,".

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/12/21 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by EdRoth

Read what was written, "with what costs associated with their bikes,".

FIFY

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/12/21 05:19 PM

If a parent sees their kiddoe out there on a country road impeding traffic, they would be all over them. If adults do it on ten speeds, it is their given right.
Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/12/21 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by FamousAmos

Bicycles were on our roads long before automobiles.

I bike 50-70 miles most weeks, and I can't stand the arrogance of some that thinks they deserve to affect the safety of every motorists traveling the posted speeds.

No bike should be traveling in a lane of a road with a speed limit posted of 35 or more.

And cyclist should damn sure pay their far share of road USE taxes

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/12/21 05:44 PM

For those specific vehicles, thus why it's a specific road use taxes, collected per gal gallon of petro and by specific vehicle, not per family.

Posted By: therancher

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/12/21 06:45 PM

It pisses me off pretty good when idiots endanger me. Cyclists or motorists. I can say with absolute certainty that the percentage of cyclists that endanger my life is many times higher than motorists.
Posted By: jskin

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/12/21 08:14 PM

With all due respect to the cyclists and I never wish any harm on anybody but some of them are crazy! When they choose to ride on a 2 lane FM road with hills and curves you’re freaking stupid! You are asking for danger.
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/12/21 08:17 PM

Most interstate highways in Texas are flat with a large shoulder on the right, why don’t they ride out there?
Posted By: TX_LT230FH

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/12/21 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
Most interstate highways in Texas are flat with a large shoulder on the right, why don’t they ride out there?

No non-motorized vehicles allowed on interstate highways
Posted By: DannyB

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/12/21 08:44 PM

Last year there was a brief time of dairy protests. Our town isn't the dairy town it once used to be, but we still have a few large ones.

There were a handful of protesters standing on a gas station grassy area at a major intersection in town holding up signs like "Let Dairy Die" and other similar signs. Then not one but two kids in diesels came around that intersection corner. They made those protesters invisible for a few moments.

I couldn't help but laugh out loud.

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/16/21 05:20 PM

I have no idea why people get aggravated at cyclists

[Linked Image]

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/16/21 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

[Linked Image]

Completely oblivious to the large shoulder to his right.

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/16/21 05:42 PM

[Linked Image]

I'd be more concerned about the guy driving down the road taking pictures with his phone.

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/16/21 06:05 PM

[Linked Image]

I'd be more concerned about the guy driving down the road taking pictures with his phone.

You really are special, I’m at 5mph because of him. I literally almost had to stop in the road

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/16/21 06:42 PM

You could have passed him in one of the other two open lanes.

Talk about special...

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/16/21 06:59 PM

Talk about special...

Ya, I just turned right on to that road pulling a trailer…… would of worked out great crossing over two lanes

So again you really are special.

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/16/21 08:09 PM

Talk about special...

Idgitness personified. Wanting someone to do something stupid while trying to justiy another's stupid behavior.

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/16/21 08:17 PM

Finally starting to understand Joe's victorious campaign.
Posted By: soooo

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/16/21 08:28 PM

up
Posted By: TEXASLEFTY

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/16/21 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by soooo

up

Yep

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/16/21 09:09 PM

Talk about special...

Ya, I just turned right on to that road pulling a trailer…… would of worked out great crossing over two lanes

It appears that you were in the center lane. How difficult would it have been to move over into the left or right lane?

Maybe next time let someone who knows how to pull a trailer do the driving.

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/16/21 09:14 PM

Wouldn't it have been easier and far safer for the cyclist to move over in an appropriately respectful manner? Creating a blockage where motorized vehicles have to cross over to a lane intended for oncoming traffic magnified by the driveways and possibility of intersections and drivers there not anticipating traffic coming from the wrong way.

Please keep digging (i.e.: please detail where that middle lane is delineated).

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/16/21 09:15 PM

[Linked Image]

Now put the bikes 3-4 wide on a 60+ mph windy hilly 2 lane road with no turn or bike lane or shoulder.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/16/21 09:18 PM

Talk about special...

It appears that you were in the center lane. How difficult would it have been to move over into the left or right lane?

So you think the bicyclist is doing nothing wrong?

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/16/21 09:26 PM

I understand it's great exercise. 'Appears to be rife with narcissists.

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/16/21 09:32 PM

Wouldn't it have been easier and far safer for the cyclist to move over in an appropriately respectful manner? Creating a blockage where motorized vehicles have to cross over to a lane intended for oncoming traffic magnified by the driveways and possibility of intersections and drivers there not anticipating traffic coming from the wrong way.

WTF are you talking about? The lane to the left of the rider is not intended for oncoming traffic. Look at the dots separating the lanes. hammer

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/16/21 11:02 PM

Talk about special...

It would appear…… you are to dumb or to lazy/arrogant to understand how lanes are marked, thats a simulated white solid line to the right. It’s pretty clear in the picture

You are doing a great job proving me correct. By all means please enlighten me why I should of passed him on the right roflmao

Posted By: DannyB

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/16/21 11:14 PM

Is it an illusion, or is the right lane narrower that the one Bobo is in? If so it just goes to show the pedal pusher is saying, "I have my rights and will ride where I want to, and there is nothing you can do about it."

And I will say what an attorney relative once said, "There sure are a lot of drivers that were in the right that are in the graveyards."

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/16/21 11:17 PM

Talk about special...

It would appear…… you are to dumb or to lazy/arrogant to understand how lanes are marked, thats a simulated white solid line to the right. It’s pretty clear in the picture

You are doing a great job proving me correct. By all means please enlighten me why I should of passed him on the right roflmao

He’s a retarded liberal BoBo, don’t waste your time with such ignorance

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/16/21 11:23 PM

WTF are you talking about? The lane to the left of the rider is not intended for oncoming traffic. Look at the dots separating the lanes. hammer

It’s gets better…... You can see two lane coming down the hill it’s divided out by a double yellow line (with yellow buttons)to the left(that the motorcycle and other the car is in)… lol.

There are two lanes going up the hill divided by white buttons hashs, PLUS essentially a bike lane marked by the solid white line of buttons to far right.

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/16/21 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by 68rustbucket

[Linked Image]

Completely oblivious to the large shoulder to his right.

I reiterate.

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/16/21 11:42 PM

I don’t care what political party he is rooting for, he lacks common sense. There is zero reason to support a guy riding in middle of the road going up a hill that has a bike lane and sidewalk

There is literally a 22mile round trip bike specific trail a mile away. I ride it 4 times a week most weeks.

Like I said earlier I ride a lot, it’s how I prepare for hunts. It’s guys like the guy in the picture that makes it hard for the rest of us. All he is doing is destroying patience and being arrogant

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/16/21 11:58 PM

My point was was, he’s a libtard, trying to explain common sense to one is a waste of time, no matter the subject, they’re stupid.

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/17/21 12:48 AM

I don’t care what political party he is rooting for, he lacks common sense. There is zero reason to support a guy riding in middle of the road going up a hill that has a bike lane and sidewalk

There is literally a 22mile round trip bike specific trail a mile away. I ride it 4 times a week most weeks.

Like I said earlier I ride a lot, it’s how I prepare for hunts. It’s guys like the guy in the picture that makes it hard for the rest of us. All he is doing is destroying patience and being arrogant

I'm not supporting the guy on the bike. All I'm saying is just pass him on the left and go about your way.

Ray Charles could have steered the Titanic around this guy without any trouble. Geez, quit being such a drama queen.

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/17/21 11:36 AM

From " Texas State Bicycle Laws"

"A person operating a bicycle on a roadway who is moving slower than the other traffic on the roadway shall ride as near as practicable to the right curb or edge of the roadway."

Seems sensible enough to me. Hmmmm . . . [Linked Image]
. ,

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/17/21 11:43 AM

Be careful out there. There will be lots of them out this morning in this gorgeous weather, worshipping at "The Church of Me."
Posted By: soooo

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/17/21 01:57 PM

The guy on the bike is a twatwaffle. No ifs ands or buts.

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/17/21 02:11 PM

I'm not supporting the guy on the bike. All I'm saying is just pass him on the left and go about your way.

Ray Charles could have steered the Titanic around this guy without any trouble. Geez, quit being such a drama queen.

Yes you are. You choose to attack me right off bat, and been crawfishing around it since then.

Obviously once it was clear I went around. Mean time I’m stuck going 5mph and almost a complete stop as this guy choose to ride in the middle of the road going up a hill.

As I mention before I ride a lot, this example is text book why cyclists get a bad name. Maybe you just take heed also.

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/17/21 02:13 PM

Yes you are. You choose to attack me right off bat, and been crawfishing around it since then.

I’m not 200’ from intersection, I couldn’t of switch lanes at the time a)I’d just turned right w/a trailer and B) speed of traffic in the other lane. Obviously once it was clear I went around. Mean time I’m stuck going 5mph and almost a complete stop as this guy choose to ride in the middle of the road going up a hill.

As I mention before I ride a lot, this example is text book why cyclists get a bad name.

Did you blow smoke on him?

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/17/21 02:20 PM

No, but if my truck wasn’t filtered, it probably would of just trying to get around him and up to speed so I didn’t get rear ended.. I’m sure I spoiled it pretty high. I had couple thousand pounds behind me.

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/17/21 02:21 PM

seeing the lay out on the computer and not the phone does allow me to see things more clearly. Even so, it does not provide for a different opinion. I was not correct about the lane set up, but it makes little difference. The salient ISSUE here is the determination of the cyclist to utilize a lane primarily intended for motor vehicular traffic when a safer alternative is so easily AND readily available. The thought for the intended to be on the street traffic should easily be able to do something else is, plain & simple, absurd.
Posted By: Sneaky

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/17/21 11:27 PM

That’s a biketard, in the photo. The one criticizing those that point this out is a libtard. There’s a subtle difference, but they share the same usefulness in the practical world.

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/17/21 11:37 PM

'Guaranteed he doesn't think stop signs or red lights apply to him.

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/17/21 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by Sneaky
That’s a biketard, in the photo. The one criticizing those that point this out is a libtard. There’s a subtle difference, but they share the same usefulness in the practical world.

Yessr.

Re: Teen runs over cyclists - 10/17/21 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by skinnerback
Originally Posted by Sneaky

Yessr.

Spot on.
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum