Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Defunding Police [Re: 603Country] #7864301 06/08/20 04:41 PM
C
cm250 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
If they do furlough or get rid of police officers, hope someone publishes the name and addresses of all involved in making this decision, then watch the fun begin and see how fast they will be trying to get them back at any cost after there homes are raided and or burnt to the ground. Dang Dumocrats. Just my 2cents

My Yote toys,
Ruger 77 22-250
Foxpro 416B & numerous hand calls
God would never send Firefighters to Hell because we would put the fire out!
Re: Defunding Police [Re: 603Country] #7864302 06/08/20 04:43 PM
bigbob_ftw Offline
Big Sprocket Bob
Big Sprocket Bob
"Do you understand that the word, dismantle, or police-free also makes some people nervous, for instance?" Camerota asked. "What if in the middle of [the] night, my home is broken into? Who do I call?"

"I mean, I hear that loud and clear from a lot of my neighbors," Bender said. "And I know -- and myself, too, and I know that that comes from a place of privilege. Because for those of us for whom the system is working, I think we need to step back and imagine what it would feel like to already live in that reality where calling the police may mean more harm is done."

Bender detailed some of what the council's proposed reforms would mean in many cases where the police are called, but still did not answer Camerota's question directly.

"We've done an analysis of all the reasons people call 911 and have looked up ways we can shift the response away from our armed police officers into a more appropriate response for mental health calls, for some domestic violence calls, for health-related issues," Bender said.

loco

Last edited by bigbob_ftw; 06/08/20 04:43 PM.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: Defunding Police [Re: bigbob_ftw] #7864311 06/08/20 04:50 PM
Tbar Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
"Do you understand that the word, dismantle, or police-free also makes some people nervous, for instance?" Camerota asked. "What if in the middle of [the] night, my home is broken into? Who do I call?"

"I mean, I hear that loud and clear from a lot of my neighbors," Bender said. "And I know -- and myself, too, and I know that that comes from a place of privilege. Because for those of us for whom the system is working, I think we need to step back and imagine what it would feel like to already live in that reality where calling the police may mean more harm is done."

Bender detailed some of what the council's proposed reforms would mean in many cases where the police are called, but still did not answer Camerota's question directly.

"We've done an analysis of all the reasons people call 911 and have looked up ways we can shift the response away from our armed police officers into a more appropriate response for mental health calls, for some domestic violence calls, for health-related issues," Bender said.

loco

Wow, just wow!

Make America Great Again

Re: Defunding Police [Re: bigbob_ftw] #7864334 06/08/20 05:10 PM
D
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D

loco

I saw that earlier. Not wanting to get robbed is privilege? This insanity.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Defunding Police [Re: bigbob_ftw] #7864379 06/08/20 05:49 PM
T
TXHOGSLAYER Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T

"We've done an analysis of all the reasons people call 911 and have looked up ways we can shift the response away from our armed police officers into a more appropriate response for for some domestic violence calls.
loco

Seems like I read somewhere that domestic violence calls were the most dangerous to go to. I am sure the social workers are looking forward to that.

LETS GO BRANDON
Re: Defunding Police [Re: TXHOGSLAYER] #7864382 06/08/20 05:51 PM
bigbob_ftw Offline
Big Sprocket Bob
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER

"We've done an analysis of all the reasons people call 911 and have looked up ways we can shift the response away from our armed police officers into a more appropriate response for for some domestic violence calls.
loco

Seems like I read somewhere that domestic violence calls were the most dangerous to go to. I am sure the social workers are looking forward to that.

The only cop to die in WS since I've lived here was responding to a domestic. He was shot by the husband.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: Defunding Police [Re: 603Country] #7864392 06/08/20 05:55 PM
Mike W Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Minneapolis City Council President Says Calling the Police on Burglars “Comes from a Place of Privilege”

https://twitter.com/EddieZipperer/status/1269951088964370432

This cannot be fixed at the voting booth.. Wake Up You Morons!
Re: Defunding Police [Re: 603Country] #7864503 06/08/20 07:22 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Thanks for posting the above, full response. Reports cut off after the "privilege" comment. 'Sounds like she, and others, are just mimicking some loon college professor's communist brainwashing.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Defunding Police [Re: 603Country] #7864622 06/08/20 09:13 PM
Mike W Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

This cannot be fixed at the voting booth.. Wake Up You Morons!
Re: Defunding Police [Re: 603Country] #7864649 06/08/20 09:38 PM
M
majekman Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
M
If there’s no cops to call when someone is breaking in your house it wouldn’t really matter to me because I probably wouldn’t call anyone until after stopping the threat anyway. Then it's no emergency.
Done deal

Re: Defunding Police [Re: swampthang] #7864677 06/08/20 10:11 PM
S
Shotgun Willie Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Originally Posted by swampthang
Before Minneapolis gets rid of its police dept why not try hiring nothing but black police officers? An all black force. Wouldn't that completely put an end to the Black Lives Matter movement? Just need to find a few hundred courageous black men and women to fill the positions. Then if a horrific incident of police brutality is commited against a black man the BLM people wouldn't have anyone to scream at,thereby completely ending the BLM movement.

Doesn't work that way. Because black cops' lives are not the black lives that matter.

[Linked Image]

Re: Defunding Police [Re: Shotgun Willie] #7864683 06/08/20 10:15 PM
bigbob_ftw Offline
Big Sprocket Bob
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by Shotgun Willie
Before Minneapolis gets rid of its police dept why not try hiring nothing but black police officers? An all black force. Wouldn't that completely put an end to the Black Lives Matter movement? Just need to find a few hundred courageous black men and women to fill the positions. Then if a horrific incident of police brutality is commited against a black man the BLM people wouldn't have anyone to scream at,thereby completely ending the BLM movement.

Doesn't work that way. Because black cops' lives are not the black lives that matter.

[Linked Image]

flehan

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: Defunding Police [Re: 603Country] #7864685 06/08/20 10:21 PM
Txhunter65 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Two thoughts come to mind...... #1. If the police are removed or greatly reduced from several large metropolitan areas like LA, NY city, Chicago, Minneapolis, etc. wouldn’t that be counterproductive to democratic vote numbers... if there are 40-50 shootings and as many as 10-15 deaths on many weekends in Chicago with current police levels, would those numbers not go up?

#2. When those numbers do go up won’t they just blame Trump?

Re: Defunding Police [Re: Shotgun Willie] #7864690 06/08/20 10:24 PM
Txhunter65 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker

[Linked Image]

Also think this question or thought was answered the last time we went though this and the response from black leaders were those men and women are not black....they are blue....SMH.

Re: Defunding Police [Re: 603Country] #7864736 06/08/20 11:07 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
They are not going to defund the police. You can take it to the bank. Most of their 911 calls are about spousal abuse. Look it up.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Defunding Police [Re: Shotgun Willie] #7864819 06/09/20 12:18 AM
S
swampthang Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S

[Linked Image]

Meh,most predominantly black cities already have a black mayor and police chief. Might as well have an all black police force as well. At this point I'm willing to entertain any idea that will make the BLM people shut the f*** up and just go away.

Re: Defunding Police [Re: Mike W] #7864876 06/09/20 01:21 AM
D
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Mike W
Minneapolis City Council President Says Calling the Police on Burglars “Comes from a Place of Privilege”

https://twitter.com/EddieZipperer/status/1269951088964370432

I saw that earlier. They just can’t be serious. I said it before, this is the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard.

[Linked Image]
Re: Defunding Police [Re: 603Country] #7865074 06/09/20 10:09 AM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H
Belief mine, this so much about redirecting tax money to selective, "special" social programs in certain areas of cities which will end up legitimizing the grab for even more when they have to come back and restore the PD budgets. When that happens, they will not be redirecting back the $ used to fund the glorified social programs.

Re: Defunding Police [Re: TXHOGSLAYER] #7865129 06/09/20 12:00 PM
C
copperhead Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER

loco

San Marcos PD will agree with that statement. For me, domestic calls are the worst.

Re: Defunding Police [Re: cm250] #7865136 06/09/20 12:06 PM
P
Paluxy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by cm250
If they do furlough or get rid of police officers, hope someone publishes the name and addresses of all involved in making this decision, then watch the fun begin and see how fast they will be trying to get them back at any cost after there homes are raided and or burnt to the ground. Dang Dumocrats. Just my 2cents

Hope someone does just that. Known to be gun free zones, easy pickings at this address......

Re: Defunding Police [Re: 603Country] #7865404 06/09/20 04:50 PM
P
Plinkin' Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
P
What is this about defunding police?

Re: Defunding Police [Re: 603Country] #7865495 06/09/20 06:23 PM
C
Cleric Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
The problem is no one Knows what defund the police means. A lot of people are taking that as eliminate the police dept which will not happen.

I think the idea is to take some of the social work off police officers and have other people respond to specific issue, for example homeless issues. I think where it’s going to struggle is how do you know which situation is bad before you get there? If officers new when they rolled up what the intention of the person was it would make life easier but you can never know.

I think we need police reform, it has to be a conversation between police and the community. For example one idea is to require individual officers to hold insurance like doctors do. That is a good idea in theory but how is that going to be administered. Will officers receive a pay increase or stipend or are we just going to add to their costs which will reduce heir numbers. So many questions and few people are articulating really clear plans

Re: Defunding Police [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #7865501 06/09/20 06:27 PM
C
Cleric Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator
60 officers just Quit and early retired in Minneapolis...... their message.....you can have this job....

Can you provide a source? Just curious

Re: Defunding Police [Re: 603Country] #7865516 06/09/20 06:43 PM
S
StephenB Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
We don't need to get rid of police. We need to get rid of a bunch of laws the same way Trump is trying to get rid of regulations in order to improve the economy.

Maybe we can start handling domestic abuse calls with remote control robots or something like that. Officer stays in the armored van and operates the robocop from there.

Re: Defunding Police [Re: Cleric] #7865540 06/09/20 06:58 PM
D
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Cleric
The problem is no one Knows what defund the police means. A lot of people are taking that as eliminate the police dept which will not happen.

I think the idea is to take some of the social work off police officers and have other people respond to specific issue, for example homeless issues. I think where it’s going to struggle is how do you know which situation is bad before you get there? If officers new when they rolled up what the intention of the person was it would make life easier but you can never know.

I think we need police reform, it has to be a conversation between police and the community. For example one idea is to require individual officers to hold insurance like doctors do. That is a good idea in theory but how is that going to be administered. Will officers receive a pay increase or stipend or are we just going to add to their costs which will reduce heir numbers. So many questions and few people are articulating really clear plans

Well said. It appears, though, that some politicians in different parts of the country do intend to dismantle the police force and make wholesale changes that would look nothing like it does in its current form (I’m imagining something like in Britain where most officers don’t carry guns, but that’s stupid over there and a pipe dream here).

Then, there are some politicians who do want to take funding away to increase social services, but the messaging is all over the map (which is true for the majority of BLM and the left in general). The Minneapolis council members on CNN yesterday responded to a question about what would happen if someone was breaking into a house and you’ve disbanded the police force.

The answer was, paraphrasing, “that question comes from a place of privilege.”

Which I can only guess means “you’re only asking that because you’re white and don’t have to worry about being shot by police if someone calls toe cops because you’re breaking into a house.”

It’s totally asinine. Even Jemele Hill, who used to be on ESPN and now is a professional social justice warrior, said yesterday the phrasing “defund the police” needs to be changed and BLM needs to refine the message because defund the police could mean several things, but mostly sounds like get rid of the police. If she is calling out the message, as a black, militant feminist social justice warrior, the message must be really bad.

[Linked Image]
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide