Texas Hunting Forum

Defunding Police

Posted By: 603Country

Defunding Police - 06/06/20 04:58 PM

It’s a ridiculous idea. That said, I really would like them to pick a California city and give all parts of the law enforcement groups 90 days off with pay. As a test case. Just let happen what might happen. And while we’re at it, give the fire fighters 90 days off with pay. It might be a real good view into why we DO need cops and firemen.

It doesn’t have to be a California city though. Baltimore would do. Chicago would do.
Posted By: bigbob_ftw

Re: Defunding Police - 06/06/20 05:00 PM

The police should stand down for 24 hours.
Posted By: dogcatcher

Re: Defunding Police - 06/06/20 05:03 PM

AOC suggested the defunding the police. It was on Fox News a few minutes ago.
Posted By: TexFlip

Re: Defunding Police - 06/06/20 05:04 PM

Do it. Let citizen volunteers handle things for a while.
Posted By: Mike W

Re: Defunding Police - 06/06/20 05:10 PM

Textbook communist or "color" revolution. The one fatal mistake they made was not getting the guns.
Posted By: Bullfrog

Re: Defunding Police - 06/06/20 05:13 PM

Like a real life “Purge”.

I ain’t mad at it, as long as they still get paid up
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Defunding Police - 06/06/20 05:13 PM

I defunded myself for the day but I did forget my rod holder grin

[Linked Image]

Re: Defunding Police - 06/06/20 05:14 PM

It’s sitting right there on the right Trapper!

Re: Defunding Police - 06/06/20 05:16 PM

I’m ashamed to say I can’t even remember if that’s EML or not
Posted By: bill oxner

Re: Defunding Police - 06/06/20 05:18 PM

It would the poison pill of the worst kind. It simply won't happen.
Posted By: Roll-Tide

Re: Defunding Police - 06/06/20 05:20 PM

Sounds like LA defunding is already in progress. LA cutting 150 million from public safety budget.

They live in a fantasy land. They want to defund, rebuild and rebrand the police. But at the end of the day, someone still has to deal with the segment of society who kill, rape, rob and steal. That’s not always pretty.

What happened in Minneapolis was wrong and illegal. All PDs will and have made changes, that’s how law enforcement evolves for the best. Just like dash cameras and body cameras.

A veteran told me 30 years ago. “One day 1991 will be the good old days”.
I’m telling you one day 2020 will be the good old days in law enforcement.

Over time things change and evolve. I expect in the next legislative session a bill that makes it a crime for law enforcement not to report misconduct.
Posted By: ntxtrapper

Re: Defunding Police - 06/06/20 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Bullfrog
It’s sitting right there on the right Trapper!

I tried the roots, surf rods are too long. I’ll know if a catfish hits though when the whole mess crashes down. It’s Benbrook btw.
Posted By: J.G.

Re: Defunding Police - 06/06/20 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by 603Country
It’s a ridiculous idea. That said, I really would like them to pick a California city and give all parts of the law enforcement groups 90 days off with pay. As a test case. Just let happen what might happen. And while we’re at it, give the fire fighters 90 days off with pay. It might be a real good view into why we DO need cops and firemen.

It doesn’t have to be a California city though. Baltimore would do. Chicago would do.

I concur.
Posted By: Lakhota

Re: Defunding Police - 06/06/20 05:34 PM

First it wouldn’t take 90 days, second with the murder rates in Chicago I thought it appears they are already defunded, and third this idea has to be one of the most ASININE ideas I have ever heard and elected officials are suggesting it and going along with it says a lot. We get the government we deserve.
Posted By: bucksnbass357

Re: Defunding Police - 06/06/20 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by TexFlip
Do it. Let citizen volunteers handle things for a while.

Originally Posted by Mike W
Textbook communist or "color" revolution. The one fatal mistake they made was not getting the guns.

I doubt they will be so ignorant to actually defund the Police, but I do believe it would be a very quick painful lesson

If an idiot Mayor decided to do that, I would hope the Governor of that State would deal with it. Trump certainly will

Re: Defunding Police - 06/06/20 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by ntxtrapper

[Linked Image]

One of my good trolling spots. Lake looks low.
Posted By: TARUGS

Re: Defunding Police - 06/06/20 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by dogcatcher

Do it at her district then, even better have the entire PD placed on leave even for just a week and let's see what happens.
Posted By: Stub

Re: Defunding Police - 06/06/20 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper

[Linked Image]

One of my good trolling spots. Lake looks low.

Water looks nice up
Posted By: TCM3

Re: Defunding Police - 06/06/20 05:52 PM

Defund the police =inmates running the prison
Posted By: pdr55

Re: Defunding Police - 06/06/20 06:01 PM

I’m perfectly fine with defunding the Hollywood California PD.
Posted By: NORML as can be

Re: Defunding Police - 06/06/20 06:21 PM

Good luck drink plenty of liquids. cowboy
Posted By: Concho

Re: Defunding Police - 06/06/20 06:37 PM

The police should stand down for 24 hours.

I'm sure these liberal DAs would try to charge them with a crime e if they did so.
Posted By: Gravytrain

Re: Defunding Police - 06/06/20 07:31 PM

It's a bold strategy Cotton.
Posted By: majekman

Re: Defunding Police - 06/06/20 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by dogcatcher

Ahhhhh...I get it. Makes perfectly good sense now
rolleyes
Posted By: Tbar

Re: Defunding Police - 06/06/20 10:32 PM

Anarchist at their finest...........

Re: Defunding Police - 06/06/20 10:56 PM

Re: Defunding Police - 06/06/20 10:57 PM

Be fun to watch cities with no police for 72 hours, I'm betting they would be begging for them back.
Posted By: rogerh

Re: Defunding Police - 06/06/20 11:52 PM

It's a damn shame and I really want to rant but I would get in trouble. I will say let them do without the police for a day or two and see where that gets them. PLEASE

Re: Defunding Police - 06/06/20 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by rogerh
It's a damn shame and I really want to rant but I would get in trouble. I will say let them do without the police for a day or two and see where that gets them. PLEASE

I challenge them to do it!
Posted By: Homer Jay

Re: Defunding Police - 06/06/20 11:54 PM

loco
Posted By: Old Rabbit

Re: Defunding Police - 06/06/20 11:57 PM

Just curious if they are trying to get rid of the police and bring in the Blue Helmets? The left has been pushing the one world government for so long without a lot of pushback, this might be their plan to let the UN take over their policing.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Defunding Police - 06/06/20 11:59 PM

Stupidest thing I’ve ever heard.

Re: Defunding Police - 06/07/20 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Old Rabbit
Just curious if they are trying to get rid of the police and bring in the Blue Helmets? The left has been pushing the one world government for so long without a lot of pushback, this might be their plan to let the UN take over their policing.

Possible.
Posted By: rogerh

Re: Defunding Police - 06/07/20 12:08 AM

I really dont think that would be a good idea

Re: Defunding Police - 06/07/20 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

Hoax. Simply won't happen.

Many I'm wrong. Its on the Internet so it hast to be true like head lighting deer and eating dog meat.
Posted By: Grizz

Re: Defunding Police - 06/07/20 12:20 AM

I think for many of these buffoons it's just something they can say to keep their constituents fired up. They know it will not happen (at least with the large departments) so they can say it without worrying about what the result would be. Just more useless verbal diarrhea from from scumbag liberals.
Posted By: Texas Dan

Re: Defunding Police - 06/07/20 12:37 AM

You have to keep in mind that utopian beliefs are at the core of how liberals view the world. In their eyes, everyone would have a high-paying job and have no need to commit any crimes if it were not for those who don't follow their ways. I'm sure many of them actually believe their neighborhoods would become more peaceful if LEO's never entered them.
Posted By: deerfeeder

Re: Defunding Police - 06/07/20 12:38 AM

If they want to give the police a week furlough, they should have to announce it on radio and tv for two weeks ahead of time. Just so all the folks will know, yanno.
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Defunding Police - 06/07/20 01:57 PM

"stupid is as stupid does"

Re: Defunding Police - 06/07/20 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Texas Dan

You have to keep in mind that utopian beliefs are at the core of how liberals view the world. In their eyes, everyone would have a high-paying job and have no need to commit any crimes if it were not for those who don't follow their ways. I'm sure many of them actually believe their neighborhoods would become more peaceful if LEO's never entered them.

Who's going to confiscate our guns for them? confused2
Posted By: Paluxy

Re: Defunding Police - 06/07/20 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by bill oxner
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

Hoax. Simply won't happen.

Many I'm wrong. Its on the Internet so it hast to be true like head lighting deer and eating dog meat.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackbr...s-to-defund-police-slowly-pick-up-steam/

Re: Defunding Police - 06/07/20 02:35 PM

These are the same individuals crying a few years ago because they couldn't hire enough police, not many people wanted the job in these cities operated by liberals.....they will return to crying and bellyaching soon. Who in their right mind would work under such conditions?
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Defunding Police - 06/07/20 02:42 PM

Funding more prison beds would be more sensible

Re: Defunding Police - 06/07/20 03:21 PM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...ounty-sheriff-says/ar-BB158wT1?ocid=AMZN
Posted By: 68rustbucket

Re: Defunding Police - 06/07/20 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Concho
These are the same individuals crying a few years ago because they couldn't hire enough police, not many people wanted the job in these cities operated by liberals.....they will return to crying and bellyaching soon. Who in their right mind would work under such conditions?

I concur

Re: Defunding Police - 06/07/20 03:52 PM

"We lost a hero': 38-year-old deputy killed, 2 officers injured after ambush in Santa Cruz County, sheriff says"

Re: Defunding Police - 06/07/20 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Grizz
I think for many of these buffoons it's just something they can say to keep their constituents fired up. They know it will not happen (at least with the large departments) so they can say it without worrying about what the result would be. Just more useless verbal diarrhea from from scumbag liberals.

That’s exactly what they’re doing. It’s stupid.
Posted By: Cool Mo D

Re: Defunding Police - 06/07/20 10:13 PM

O goody. Can I watch the pretty blue helmets Daddy?

Re: Defunding Police - 06/07/20 11:25 PM

Re: Defunding Police - 06/08/20 12:05 AM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TARUGS

Re: Defunding Police - 06/08/20 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by Tbar
[Linked Image]

roflmao
Posted By: Tin Head

Re: Defunding Police - 06/08/20 12:42 AM

Posted By: krmitchell

Re: Defunding Police - 06/08/20 12:52 AM

No let’s do it for a month. All the idiots crying about the police will be begging them to come back after they get robbed. As for the well armed citizens and business owners I imagine it would look like something out of the purge with bodies stacked on every corner from the idiots that chose the wrong house/business to rob.
Posted By: gtrich94

Re: Defunding Police - 06/08/20 01:25 AM

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ce-Intent-Disband-Police-Department.html

Let’s see how well it goes in Minneapolis
Posted By: Huntmaster

Re: Defunding Police - 06/08/20 01:28 AM

I remember Dallas having a fit about times to answer 911 calls; I can’t wait.

Re: Defunding Police - 06/08/20 01:33 AM

I’m interested to see how this is gonna work.

Re: Defunding Police - 06/08/20 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by Roll-Tide
I’m interested to see how this is gonna work.

It won't.

Re: Defunding Police - 06/08/20 01:49 AM

[Linked Image]

Re: Defunding Police - 06/08/20 01:51 AM

More of the implementation.

For example LAPD cut 150 million dollars from
Police. That will go to some community programs.

I assume they quit hiring. Not fill any retirement positions. Cut aggressive policing units?
Posted By: syncerus

Re: Defunding Police - 06/08/20 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by deerfeeder
If they want to give the police a week furlough, they should have to announce it on radio and tv for two weeks ahead of time. Just so all the folks will know, yanno.

Winner!

What could possibly go wrong?
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Defunding Police - 06/08/20 02:45 AM

I am all for it. Then we can have neighborhood militias and not have to worry about the letter of the law when defending ourselves.
Posted By: swampthang

Re: Defunding Police - 06/08/20 04:38 AM

Before Minneapolis gets rid of its police dept why not try hiring nothing but black police officers? An all black force. Wouldn't that completely put an end to the Black Lives Matter movement? Just need to find a few hundred courageous black men and women to fill the positions. Then if a horrific incident of police brutality is commited against a black man the BLM people wouldn't have anyone to scream at,thereby completely ending the BLM movement.
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Defunding Police - 06/08/20 05:42 AM

Let them. Wouldn’t bother me. I’ve got a guy I can go to work for as a bodyguard/personal driver and make considerably more money

Re: Defunding Police - 06/08/20 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by BigPig
Let them. Wouldn’t bother me. I’ve got a guy I can go to work for as a bodyguard/personal driver and make considerably more money

Dude, why not do that anyway!
Posted By: BigPig

Re: Defunding Police - 06/08/20 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by Bullfrog
Originally Posted by BigPig

Dude, why not do that anyway!

Don’t want to be gone all time

Re: Defunding Police - 06/08/20 12:06 PM

It simply won't happen.
Posted By: Creekrunner

Re: Defunding Police - 06/08/20 12:20 PM

'Just saw the idiotic Minneapolis Councilwoman speaking about abolishing the police. All these fools are operating on a false premise - that people are "basically good". They're not.

Typical leftist agenda to keep the votes - "Throw enough money at 'social services' and we'll all magically love each other."
Posted By: Gringocazador

Re: Defunding Police - 06/08/20 12:28 PM

Even wilder than defunding police......................Schools talking about breaking ties with Police. They think they are going to protect the students with Social Workers.

Wonder how that would have worked out at Sandy Hook and Santa Fe with Social Workers left to handle the situation.

Re: Defunding Police - 06/08/20 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Gringocazador
Even wilder than defunding police......................Schools talking about breaking ties with Police. They think they are going to protect the students with Social Workers.

Wonder how that would have worked out at Sandy Hook and Santa Fe with Social Workers left to handle the situation.

Yep. Saw that. Some whack-job is probably already planning.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Defunding Police - 06/08/20 02:24 PM

60 officers just Quit and early retired in Minneapolis...... their message.....you can have this job....
Posted By: Sniper.270

Re: Defunding Police - 06/08/20 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator
60 officers just Quit and early retired in Minneapolis...... their message.....you can have this job....

I don’t blame them one bit. However, that is exactly what the evil ones/politicians want. Plays right into their plan.
Posted By: Whammer7

Re: Defunding Police - 06/08/20 02:52 PM

I didn't think that I could have a lower opinion of Minneapolis/St Paul.

I was wrong.

The people who brought you Governor Jesse "The Body" Ventura and US Senator Al "Handzy" Franken, have now decided to discard the thin blue line.

Maybe San Francisco, Portland and Seattle will catch a break from the crazies as they move to the happy hunting grounds of the Twin Cities. I hope the Feds let them lay in this mess and force the city to address the issues that their decisions will have caused.

Or make the whole thing a reality TV show.
Posted By: mikereiling5

Re: Defunding Police - 06/08/20 04:06 PM

Didn’t realize that Minnesota is such a lib hotbed.

Re: Defunding Police - 06/08/20 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by mikereiling5

has been for years and years.

Re: Defunding Police - 06/08/20 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by mikereiling5

has been for years and years.

Many years. It's possibly the biggest PITA to actually do business in in the Union. What was our main vendor/manufacturer moved west to South Dakota in the 70's.
Posted By: cm250

Re: Defunding Police - 06/08/20 04:41 PM

If they do furlough or get rid of police officers, hope someone publishes the name and addresses of all involved in making this decision, then watch the fun begin and see how fast they will be trying to get them back at any cost after there homes are raided and or burnt to the ground. Dang Dumocrats. Just my 2cents

Re: Defunding Police - 06/08/20 04:43 PM

"Do you understand that the word, dismantle, or police-free also makes some people nervous, for instance?" Camerota asked. "What if in the middle of [the] night, my home is broken into? Who do I call?"

"I mean, I hear that loud and clear from a lot of my neighbors," Bender said. "And I know -- and myself, too, and I know that that comes from a place of privilege. Because for those of us for whom the system is working, I think we need to step back and imagine what it would feel like to already live in that reality where calling the police may mean more harm is done."

Bender detailed some of what the council's proposed reforms would mean in many cases where the police are called, but still did not answer Camerota's question directly.

"We've done an analysis of all the reasons people call 911 and have looked up ways we can shift the response away from our armed police officers into a more appropriate response for mental health calls, for some domestic violence calls, for health-related issues," Bender said.

loco

Re: Defunding Police - 06/08/20 04:50 PM

"Do you understand that the word, dismantle, or police-free also makes some people nervous, for instance?" Camerota asked. "What if in the middle of [the] night, my home is broken into? Who do I call?"

"I mean, I hear that loud and clear from a lot of my neighbors," Bender said. "And I know -- and myself, too, and I know that that comes from a place of privilege. Because for those of us for whom the system is working, I think we need to step back and imagine what it would feel like to already live in that reality where calling the police may mean more harm is done."

Bender detailed some of what the council's proposed reforms would mean in many cases where the police are called, but still did not answer Camerota's question directly.

"We've done an analysis of all the reasons people call 911 and have looked up ways we can shift the response away from our armed police officers into a more appropriate response for mental health calls, for some domestic violence calls, for health-related issues," Bender said.

loco

Wow, just wow!

Re: Defunding Police - 06/08/20 05:10 PM

loco

I saw that earlier. Not wanting to get robbed is privilege? This insanity.
Posted By: TXHOGSLAYER

Re: Defunding Police - 06/08/20 05:49 PM

"We've done an analysis of all the reasons people call 911 and have looked up ways we can shift the response away from our armed police officers into a more appropriate response for for some domestic violence calls.
loco

Seems like I read somewhere that domestic violence calls were the most dangerous to go to. I am sure the social workers are looking forward to that.

Re: Defunding Police - 06/08/20 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER

"We've done an analysis of all the reasons people call 911 and have looked up ways we can shift the response away from our armed police officers into a more appropriate response for for some domestic violence calls.
loco

Seems like I read somewhere that domestic violence calls were the most dangerous to go to. I am sure the social workers are looking forward to that.

The only cop to die in WS since I've lived here was responding to a domestic. He was shot by the husband.

Re: Defunding Police - 06/08/20 05:55 PM

Minneapolis City Council President Says Calling the Police on Burglars “Comes from a Place of Privilege”

https://twitter.com/EddieZipperer/status/1269951088964370432

Re: Defunding Police - 06/08/20 07:22 PM

Thanks for posting the above, full response. Reports cut off after the "privilege" comment. 'Sounds like she, and others, are just mimicking some loon college professor's communist brainwashing.

Re: Defunding Police - 06/08/20 09:13 PM

https://twitter.com/AngelWarrior321/status/1269231788234342400
Posted By: majekman

Re: Defunding Police - 06/08/20 09:38 PM

If there’s no cops to call when someone is breaking in your house it wouldn’t really matter to me because I probably wouldn’t call anyone until after stopping the threat anyway. Then it's no emergency.
Done deal
Posted By: Shotgun Willie

Re: Defunding Police - 06/08/20 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by swampthang
Before Minneapolis gets rid of its police dept why not try hiring nothing but black police officers? An all black force. Wouldn't that completely put an end to the Black Lives Matter movement? Just need to find a few hundred courageous black men and women to fill the positions. Then if a horrific incident of police brutality is commited against a black man the BLM people wouldn't have anyone to scream at,thereby completely ending the BLM movement.

Doesn't work that way. Because black cops' lives are not the black lives that matter.

[Linked Image]

Re: Defunding Police - 06/08/20 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Shotgun Willie

Doesn't work that way. Because black cops' lives are not the black lives that matter.

[Linked Image]

flehan
Posted By: Txhunter65

Re: Defunding Police - 06/08/20 10:21 PM

Two thoughts come to mind...... #1. If the police are removed or greatly reduced from several large metropolitan areas like LA, NY city, Chicago, Minneapolis, etc. wouldn’t that be counterproductive to democratic vote numbers... if there are 40-50 shootings and as many as 10-15 deaths on many weekends in Chicago with current police levels, would those numbers not go up?

#2. When those numbers do go up won’t they just blame Trump?
Posted By: Txhunter65

Re: Defunding Police - 06/08/20 10:24 PM

[Linked Image]

Also think this question or thought was answered the last time we went though this and the response from black leaders were those men and women are not black....they are blue....SMH.

Re: Defunding Police - 06/08/20 11:07 PM

They are not going to defund the police. You can take it to the bank. Most of their 911 calls are about spousal abuse. Look it up.
Posted By: swampthang

Re: Defunding Police - 06/09/20 12:18 AM

[Linked Image]

Meh,most predominantly black cities already have a black mayor and police chief. Might as well have an all black police force as well. At this point I'm willing to entertain any idea that will make the BLM people shut the f*** up and just go away.

Re: Defunding Police - 06/09/20 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by Mike W
Minneapolis City Council President Says Calling the Police on Burglars “Comes from a Place of Privilege”

https://twitter.com/EddieZipperer/status/1269951088964370432

I saw that earlier. They just can’t be serious. I said it before, this is the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard.
Posted By: Hudbone

Re: Defunding Police - 06/09/20 10:09 AM

Belief mine, this so much about redirecting tax money to selective, "special" social programs in certain areas of cities which will end up legitimizing the grab for even more when they have to come back and restore the PD budgets. When that happens, they will not be redirecting back the $ used to fund the glorified social programs.
Posted By: copperhead

Re: Defunding Police - 06/09/20 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by TXHOGSLAYER

loco

San Marcos PD will agree with that statement. For me, domestic calls are the worst.

Re: Defunding Police - 06/09/20 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by cm250
If they do furlough or get rid of police officers, hope someone publishes the name and addresses of all involved in making this decision, then watch the fun begin and see how fast they will be trying to get them back at any cost after there homes are raided and or burnt to the ground. Dang Dumocrats. Just my 2cents

Hope someone does just that. Known to be gun free zones, easy pickings at this address......
Posted By: Plinkin'

Re: Defunding Police - 06/09/20 04:50 PM

What is this about defunding police?
Posted By: Cleric

Re: Defunding Police - 06/09/20 06:23 PM

The problem is no one Knows what defund the police means. A lot of people are taking that as eliminate the police dept which will not happen.

I think the idea is to take some of the social work off police officers and have other people respond to specific issue, for example homeless issues. I think where it’s going to struggle is how do you know which situation is bad before you get there? If officers new when they rolled up what the intention of the person was it would make life easier but you can never know.

I think we need police reform, it has to be a conversation between police and the community. For example one idea is to require individual officers to hold insurance like doctors do. That is a good idea in theory but how is that going to be administered. Will officers receive a pay increase or stipend or are we just going to add to their costs which will reduce heir numbers. So many questions and few people are articulating really clear plans
Posted By: Cleric

Re: Defunding Police - 06/09/20 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator

Can you provide a source? Just curious
Posted By: StephenB

Re: Defunding Police - 06/09/20 06:43 PM

We don't need to get rid of police. We need to get rid of a bunch of laws the same way Trump is trying to get rid of regulations in order to improve the economy.

Maybe we can start handling domestic abuse calls with remote control robots or something like that. Officer stays in the armored van and operates the robocop from there.

Re: Defunding Police - 06/09/20 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Cleric
The problem is no one Knows what defund the police means. A lot of people are taking that as eliminate the police dept which will not happen.

I think the idea is to take some of the social work off police officers and have other people respond to specific issue, for example homeless issues. I think where it’s going to struggle is how do you know which situation is bad before you get there? If officers new when they rolled up what the intention of the person was it would make life easier but you can never know.

I think we need police reform, it has to be a conversation between police and the community. For example one idea is to require individual officers to hold insurance like doctors do. That is a good idea in theory but how is that going to be administered. Will officers receive a pay increase or stipend or are we just going to add to their costs which will reduce heir numbers. So many questions and few people are articulating really clear plans

Well said. It appears, though, that some politicians in different parts of the country do intend to dismantle the police force and make wholesale changes that would look nothing like it does in its current form (I’m imagining something like in Britain where most officers don’t carry guns, but that’s stupid over there and a pipe dream here).

Then, there are some politicians who do want to take funding away to increase social services, but the messaging is all over the map (which is true for the majority of BLM and the left in general). The Minneapolis council members on CNN yesterday responded to a question about what would happen if someone was breaking into a house and you’ve disbanded the police force.

The answer was, paraphrasing, “that question comes from a place of privilege.”

Which I can only guess means “you’re only asking that because you’re white and don’t have to worry about being shot by police if someone calls toe cops because you’re breaking into a house.”

It’s totally asinine. Even Jemele Hill, who used to be on ESPN and now is a professional social justice warrior, said yesterday the phrasing “defund the police” needs to be changed and BLM needs to refine the message because defund the police could mean several things, but mostly sounds like get rid of the police. If she is calling out the message, as a black, militant feminist social justice warrior, the message must be really bad.
Posted By: Pitchfork Predator

Re: Defunding Police - 06/09/20 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by StephenB
We don't need to get rid of police. We need to get rid of a bunch of laws the same way Trump is trying to get rid of regulations in order to improve the economy.

Maybe we can start handling domestic abuse calls with remote control robots or something like that. Officer stays in the armored van and operates the robocop from there.

How refreshing......instead of soap boxing a member comes up with a potential solution.....well played....cheers

Re: Defunding Police - 06/09/20 11:32 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Defunding Police - 06/10/20 12:00 PM

Didn't Dallas try this awhile back?
Posted By: Stub

Re: Defunding Police - 06/10/20 01:00 PM

[Linked Image]
Posted By: KRoyal

Re: Defunding Police - 06/10/20 01:37 PM

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum