Forums46
Topics538,822
Posts9,741,794
Members87,118
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Neighbors Hunting the Property line. [Re: Wreckem04] #6060267 12/01/15 03:58 PM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
Opening morning of gun season our neighbors Grandson invited about 20 friends to come out and bring every weapon they own. All day blasting away and blowing up tannerite. Our neighbor was on vacation at the time, in Australia. Bullets were ricochet in and crossing our fence. It was unreal. Someone called the GW and they came out asking us about the shots because it was borderline harrasement. Neighbor gets back and I talked to him. He gets irate at me and says his Grandson can shoot any GD time he feels like it.

When I ask him why he waited for deer opener, he pretty much said to go to he%×.
Always had good relations in the past. Now he's pissed off at me and claims I called the GW. My Son made a short video of them shooting across our fence, ricochets and all. I'm sending it to him today. Neighbors, can't live with them, can't kill 'em.

Life is too short, as is. Don't chance it.
Don't text and drive.
Re: Neighbors Hunting the Property line. [Re: Texas buckeye] #6060468 12/01/15 05:32 PM
T
Texas Dan Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: Texas buckeye
That's the problem right there, you think the deer on your property are your deer. They aren't. They are state property.

Does that make it ethical to throw your hook next to another guy's boat when fishing a public lake?

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: Neighbors Hunting the Property line. [Re: Navasot] #6060500 12/01/15 05:48 PM
C
cattle69 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
We were just raised differently. My instance is a feeder right on the fence line and the point being not every deer falls where you shoot it, so why not put your feeders a couple hundred yards off the fence line to help increase the percentages that the states deer stays on your property. This is just neighborly and common sense.

[Linked Image]
President and cofounder of magical pellet club.
Re: Neighbors Hunting the Property line. [Re: Texas Dan] #6060612 12/01/15 06:41 PM
T
Texas buckeye Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: Texas Dan
That's the problem right there, you think the deer on your property are your deer. They aren't. They are state property.

Does that make it ethical to throw your hook next to another guy's boat when fishing a public lake?

Not saying I would do that, but if I was fishing and someone did that to me, I would give them a look, pull anchor and drive my boat away. Wouldn't say two peeps to them. Its not like I own the place or the fish under there. Now if it were my kid or wife who threw their hook near mine, I wouldn't bat an eye unless they crossed my line, and then I would just untangle the two lines.

Sure as heck wouldn't whip out my *ick out and piss in the water to scare the fish away hammer

Re: Neighbors Hunting the Property line. [Re: Texas Dan] #6060615 12/01/15 06:42 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
Originally Posted By: Texas Dan

Gota fish were the fish are

Re: Neighbors Hunting the Property line. [Re: Wreckem04] #6060659 12/01/15 07:00 PM
G
Gemlin Online Content
Tracker
Online Content
Tracker
G
Ive seen a lease manager try to tell the neighbor what to shoot and how to set up blinds.

Next weekend there were 2 blind on the fence line and they told lease manager was brown its down.

Lesson, its best to keep mouth shut

Last edited by Gemlin; 12/01/15 07:02 PM.
Re: Neighbors Hunting the Property line. [Re: Gemlin] #6060762 12/01/15 07:57 PM
L
Lipan Creep Offline
Tracker
Tracker
L
I've positioned blinds right on fence lines. I was hunting milo and cotton fields that bordered large ranches. The deer would only come across onto our farmland right at dusk. So the only chance you had at getting a deer was on the fence line as they came across. The only safe way to hunt was to position the blind on the fence line so the projectile would not go across the fence. (safety first)

It worked good until the ranchers got pissed and high fenced their land. The deer hunting sucks now but we grow some pretty cotton now. clap

Re: Neighbors Hunting the Property line. [Re: Wreckem04] #6060867 12/01/15 08:52 PM
G
GimmeABuck Offline
Tracker
Tracker
G
We've been "talked to" by a neighbor (who does seem like a genuinely nice guy overall) about running our UTV, as we have to pass his property to get to ours at this time. We don't exactly have a choice.... I have a different neighbor who loves to play Yote calls at dusk, spooking everything off, drives me insane. We have neighbors who target practice like crazy and sometimes we are "those" neighbors. We all irritate the crap out of each other, but we all deal with each other and there's not much I wouldn't do for em if they needed. Don't let it get to ya, it is what it is and can't be changed. Such is the way of the small parcels!

Re: Neighbors Hunting the Property line. [Re: TXGH] #6061397 12/02/15 12:46 AM
R
Regular Guy Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
Originally Posted By: jtprocaddie
I would save your urine for a while and dump it right on your property line every two weeks. The deer wont travel there for long..

Rotf... maybe some coyote urine and things like that. Dryer sheets, fabric softner rotfl...

They may have just picked the spot based on the seasonal winds. I can't imagine why they would setup anywhere else if that is the case. I hope ya'll can work it out and still be friendly.

Re: Neighbors Hunting the Property line. [Re: Wreckem04] #6061431 12/02/15 12:59 AM
D
DH3 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
I would post a warning sign..."Young Deer , Do Not Go On The Other Side Of this Fence" Good Eats, This Side, Other Side is trouble.
That should do it! cheers

Old age and treachery beats youth and stupid every time!
Re: Neighbors Hunting the Property line. [Re: Wreckem04] #6062204 12/02/15 02:10 PM
B
BenBob Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
If you own both sides of the fence, you can get something done. If you don't, you are spinning your wheels.

Tired, Wired, and Uninspired
Re: Neighbors Hunting the Property line. [Re: Wreckem04] #6062781 12/02/15 06:54 PM
S
Stump_jumper Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
I do not think the bone dump will have any effect. I have a pic of a young buck that is chewing on a bone from our pig dump. I had a lease once near HYE and the lady next door leased 60 acres of pasture to 3 dudes. Only choice they really had was our fence line. We all peed in gallon jugs and dumped under their feeders at night. We figured out that human hair was the best deer repellent. It carries a lot of scent and does not dry up like P.

2017 Tundra 5.7 CM 4x4
2006 Champion 2200 Bay Boat
Re: Neighbors Hunting the Property line. [Re: Stump_jumper] #6062785 12/02/15 06:55 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
Originally Posted By: Stump_jumper
I do not think the bone dump will have any effect. I have a pic of a young buck that is chewing on a bone from our pig dump. I had a lease once near HYE and the lady next door leased 60 acres of pasture to 3 dudes. Only choice they really had was our fence line. We all peed in gallon jugs and dumped under their feeders at night. We figured out that human hair was the best deer repellent. It carries a lot of scent and does not dry up like P.

Now who is being a bad neighbor....

Re: Neighbors Hunting the Property line. [Re: Wreckem04] #6062831 12/02/15 07:13 PM
R
RangerRick Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
So your place is "small" to many, but F&S latest issue had good article on Older bucks keeping smaller acreage than previously thought.Some not even leaving areas any bigger than 50-250 acres. Now to be fair the study was done in Pennsylvania and Wisconsin...meh not quite Texas I know...still they are deer right? Anyway, they also said hunt your food plots hard in December. They said older bucks are more concerned about food than does in December. I know our warmer weather in our parts of nation has does cycling until "bred" as late as February(another report I read awhile back). But this was old mature we out smarted all the local hunters for years type Bucks!
I think if you get in any passive aggressive situation with the neighbors it will escalate to silliness and ruin both Y'all seasons. Hard to make any man do anything he doesn't want to even when he knows he is wrong but especially if he thinks he is being challenged(why we have jails unfortunately). You have a small place hunt it for what it is and what you can. Anything else ..you might need to look at other options locations to hunt! There are regulations, interpreted differently by many, on hunting on posted property lines I believe. Some Stakes and purple paint? I don't know ,maybe the "internet lawyers" here know if it has to be strung as well!

The way things should be are not often the way things are.....
Re: Neighbors Hunting the Property line. [Re: Navasot] #6063267 12/02/15 11:07 PM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: Navasot

Um, the 3 guys hunting 60 acres, right on their neighbors fence line.

If you'd let me know where your lease is, I'll lease 60 acres right next to it, put 3 guys in there, & make sure they put their stands on your fence line. Then maybe you will understand.

But I kinda doubt it........

Re: Neighbors Hunting the Property line. [Re: TexFlip] #6063334 12/02/15 11:44 PM
T
TTUGrad08 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: TexFlip
Buy them out.

Re: Neighbors Hunting the Property line. [Re: maximus_flavius] #6063774 12/03/15 03:05 AM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
Originally Posted By: maximus_flavius

If you'd let me know where your lease is, I'll lease 60 acres right next to it, put 3 guys in there, & make sure they put their stands on your fence line. Then maybe you will understand.

Lol lifes to short fella.. I have hunters all around me on same or smaller properties with more than three on some.. Iv been watching a nice 3yr old 8 since season started.. Some nice oler deer running around also but lots of nice 2-3yr old bucks.. I passed him more than a dozen times never had a thought of shooting him.. He walks from my stand to the neighbors last weekend and boom.. Knew it was him walked over after I saw them head to the house looked at the buck and congratulated them.. The guy was pumped and was his biggest deer to date... That is what it's about.. Not crying because you feel like you got cheated out of something you very well could have took for yourself.. I was just as happy to see that buck I been watching make someone's day than me shooting one myself.. Stop and take a breath... Enjoy the fact that your hunting.. Don't let the little things get you down

Re: Neighbors Hunting the Property line. [Re: Wreckem04] #6063790 12/03/15 03:12 AM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
Oh just to add that was some folks that live on 15acres and let their kids/grandkids come and hunt..

Re: Neighbors Hunting the Property line. [Re: Navasot] #6063858 12/03/15 03:44 AM
maximus_flavius Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Lol lifes to short fella.. I have hunters all around me on same or smaller properties with more than three on some.. Iv been watching a nice 3yr old 8 since season started.. Some nice oler deer running around also but lots of nice 2-3yr old bucks.. I passed him more than a dozen times never had a thought of shooting him.. He walks from my stand to the neighbors last weekend and boom.. Knew it was him walked over after I saw them head to the house looked at the buck and congratulated them.. The guy was pumped and was his biggest deer to date... That is what it's about.. Not crying because you feel like you got cheated out of something you very well could have took for yourself.. I was just as happy to see that buck I been watching make someone's day than me shooting one myself.. Stop and take a breath... Enjoy the fact that your hunting.. Don't let the little things get you down

Your 100% correct, life is too short. Nobody is crying or saying they got cheated. If your happy with the type of hunting you described, more power to you. Personally, I would never hunt like that.

Having so many neighbors that shoot an underage buck is not gonna lead to a better future for deer in the area. To me, that's what it's all about. You sound like a decent fella, who does believe in some type of management, so you can't be all bad.

Re: Neighbors Hunting the Property line. [Re: Navasot] #6063867 12/03/15 03:48 AM
texassippi Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog

Lol lifes to short fella..

Re: Neighbors Hunting the Property line. [Re: maximus_flavius] #6063871 12/03/15 03:50 AM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N

Your 100% correct, life is too short. Nobody is crying or saying they got cheated. If your happy with the type of hunting you described, more power to you. Personally, I would never hunt like that.

Having so many neighbors that shoot an underage buck is not gonna lead to a better future for deer in the area. To me, that's what it's all about. You sound like a decent fella, who does believe in some type of management, so you can't be all bad.

cheers if we all walked in the same foot step it would be a boring world

Re: Neighbors Hunting the Property line. [Re: Wreckem04] #6063918 12/03/15 04:16 AM
H
huntwest Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
This has been an entertaining thread. Hard to believe that anyone thinks they can tell another adult on a piece of property they don't own what they need to do. I can promise anyone who cares that you will never change your neighbors way of doing things and will only cause a small problem to explode into a large problem by doing so.
It is best to try to get along with them and not worry about it unless they are breaking a law.
no matter how big or small the place you always will have neighbors.

Re: Neighbors Hunting the Property line. [Re: Wreckem04] #6064006 12/03/15 05:33 AM
B
bp3 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
I think that's called trespassing pouring urine around their feeders. Some one might mistake you for a feral hog. rifle

Re: Neighbors Hunting the Property line. [Re: Wreckem04] #6064335 12/03/15 03:10 PM
J
Jungleexplorer Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
J
I understand your situation and am in the same boat myself. About the only thing you can do is to create sanctuary and overfeed the deer on your land. This is what I do. If you have deer that you don't want get shot, then don't give them a reason to leave your land. Mark off a section of your land with thick woods where the deer like to bed down as a sanctuary and never enter that area for any reason. Just outside the sanctuary, put in a free feeder that the deer can go to and get their fill. Deer only wander to find more food. If they get their fill at your feeder, they won't go anywhere else. I dump out a 50lb bag of at least once a week, and this is aside from running my feeder 4 times a day.

Another thing you can do is find a food that deer love that is scarce or does not exist in you area. For instance, in my area there are no acorns. So I gather acorns by the hundreds of pounds from other areas and put out a 5 gallon bucket each day. My deer will not leave until the have eaten every single acorn. They will stay out all day long eating them. It also brings in many deer from neighboring lands. You might find something like this for your land.

Last year I did a test of the most common deer attractants. I prepared three different spots with three game cameras to monitor these spots with two attractants each to see if one out performed the other. After 4 months of monitoring, my research showed that the deer paid minimal or no attention to these deer attractants. None of them did better then the other and no deer showed more then just a casual passing curiosity. In another spot I dumped real acorns. In the spot with the real acorns I got hundreds of pictures a day at all times of the day, but in the areas where the attractants were, some of which were less then 50 yards away, I would get none or only a couple pictures a day of deer passing by, but not stopping at the attractant spots. So I personally believe that the claims made on these attractant packages are a bunch of hogwash, and I will never spend a dime on them again. Sure in states where people do not have the option of feeding deer, they may be forced to use them, but deer prefer real food if you can give it to them.

Here are the attractants that I used in the test if you are interested. These were the highest rated attractants I could find on amazon.com

I'm sorry for my sins Jesus, please forgive me.

https://sorryformysins.com/

Re: Neighbors Hunting the Property line. [Re: maximus_flavius] #6064514 12/03/15 04:55 PM
D
Dustnsand Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D

Unreal. 3 guys on 60 acres of course they are going to be backed up to a fence somewhere. They are the bad ones though and not the ahole who goes and messes with their stuff, breaking the law in the process?

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide