Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Pissed Off... [Re: Brother in-law] #548397 01/12/09 08:48 PM
S
Sethfish Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
I bet the school looks just like the bus.

Re: Pissed Off... [Re: Brother in-law] #548398 01/12/09 08:53 PM
sig226fan (Rguns.com) Offline
duck & cover
duck & cover
I probably would try and let it go, or report it anonomously so that maybe it gets stopped without a big investigation/prosecution...

I was undecided on the deal until I heard the details... I mean, if someone was speeding, I can ignore that, or something similar, but not like hunting out of season, smoking dope, etc. I was invited to a camp years ago as a guest... guy that was the lead guy in the group is smoking a doobie... I quietly packed and left. Didn't call the cops or anything, just left. My buddy said I should have seen the looks on their faces the next morning when they asked where I was..., he told them I was gone, and then told them I was a cop (at that time)... somethings you just can't let go on...

I turned in a guy that intentionally shot across a fence knowing it was a boundary and he waited till dark to go retrieve the deer.... game warden had come out, marked the deer, then sat back and waited for them to retrieve it, then came to their camp to get it, and them, and some guns and stuff...

Re: Pissed Off... [Re: Big Orn] #548399 01/12/09 08:58 PM
T
Tx_Phantom Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
T
Quote:

Nice pic! Is it for sale?

Sorry to hear about your troubles, Mark. I doubt I would leave without a little Mississippi blood on my hands...

At least some Mississippi beagle blood! That dog needed a nice hollow point late xmas gift...

Re: Pissed Off... [Re: sig226fan (Rguns.com)] #548400 01/12/09 09:15 PM
T
Tx_Phantom Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
T
I'm not sure how I'd handle the drug use thing... I know I'd have issue if they were doping and hunting @ the same time though...

My issue is that had they been hunting by the book, we all could have left with a deer (the place is LOADED with deer).

Instead I see a guy go by on his 4 wheeler with a buck and a doe, and the guy (me) following the rules gets to drive 7 hours home empty handed.

And thinking about it more, consider what this abuse does to the population...

TxP

Re: Pissed Off... [Re: Tx_Phantom] #548401 01/12/09 09:41 PM
Crazyhorse Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Sorry to hear about your trip being messed up like that.

With the details I vote yes, turn their butts in.

One thing you need to think about however, is that this ain't them old boys first rodeo.

They have been doing this for a long time, probably for generations.

Evidently if there are that many deer, they are not hurting the population to make them stop doing it or make the Mississippi Game dept. crack down on these folks.

Think of it as a learning experience.

Re: Pissed Off... [Re: Crazyhorse] #548402 01/12/09 09:52 PM
T
Tx_Phantom Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
T
Thanks for the opinions...

on another note, you guys remember the movie My Cousin Vinnie, where he got to go deer hunting in Mississippi and he kept slippin n sliding in the mud?

I didn't fall in it, but came close more than a few times... I can honestly say it's slicker than dog snot!

Now I have to get all that orange crap off my boots n clothes...

TxP

Re: Pissed Off... [Re: Crazyhorse] #548403 01/12/09 10:00 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
To each there own. Me personally as a guest, I would of just said thanks for the invite something came up at home and I going to half to cut my trip short and high tailed it out of there. If I had paid money for the lease. The owner and i would of had a talk and he would of probated my lease fee.

Back when Oklahoma was pretty out law. People poached like no other. Tresspass was very common, so I stopped hunting up there.. Finally they changed the law and the Rangers understand that enforcing them is very benefitcal for long term... don't get me wrong there are few area of oklahoma that are still pretty outlaw.

Biggest problem is if those guys are pretty outlaw and have no regard for the regs then thats probley becuase GW is not enforcing them.... so contacting the GW might no help anything.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Pissed Off... [Re: Tx_Phantom] #548404 01/12/09 10:07 PM
Big Orn Offline
great white gorilla
great white gorilla
Quote:

Quote:

Nice pic! Is it for sale?

Sorry to hear about your troubles, Mark. I doubt I would leave without a little Mississippi blood on my hands...

At least some Mississippi beagle blood! That dog needed a nice hollow point late xmas gift...

Well, of course, I would never dare grow a pair and knock a little sense into those idiots...

Re: Pissed Off... [Re: BOBO the Clown] #548405 01/12/09 10:08 PM
B
bayourat Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
So 60% of people on this forum would turn someone in that had offered them a free hunt out of the goodness of their heart. Thats pretty sad, Squirrel hunter aren't you the one always bitchin about how much hunting costs and then when you get invited for a free hunt your thinking about turning these generous folks in to the LEO's. You know there may be another reason other than MONEY some of you folks don't have a place to hunt!!!!!

Re: Pissed Off... [Re: bayourat] #548406 01/12/09 10:16 PM
T
Tx_Phantom Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
T
Quote:

So 60% of people on this forum would turn someone in that had offered them a free hunt out of the goodness of their heart. Thats pretty sad, Squirrel hunter aren't you the one always bitchin about how much hunting costs and then when you get invited for a free hunt your thinking about turning these generous folks in to the LEO's. You know there may be another reason other than MONEY some of you folks don't have a place to hunt!!!!!

Woah - hold on there there Tim... The people breaking the law were NOT part of my group... I think you need to re-read it...

Yes, I got invited to a hunt, which is awesome... Yes, I can not afford to go on paid hunts very often, so I have to rely on very generous invitations, freebies or cheap cheap hunts...

However, when the illegal actions of others ruin it for you, I would have been better off and warmer staying at home.

TxP

Re: Pissed Off... [Re: Crazyhorse] #548407 01/12/09 10:22 PM
S
Salt Gap Flash Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
Quote:

Quote:

Details dude??

+1.

There are all kinds of levels of "Illegal", it is hard to say whether they should be reported or not with out knowing what they were doing and whether or not it was actually illegal.

Agree with CrazyHorse!
+1

Re: Pissed Off... [Re: Tx_Phantom] #548408 01/12/09 10:27 PM
moderno Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
That doesn't surprize me at all. I've been to Mississippi 2 times and I wasn't hunting. I had to go pick up a big valve that could be operated by remote control. Some welders had dismantled a gas plant in Aberdeen Ms and had it shipped to Pettus Tx., to be reassembled. I was working on this job and they sent me to get the valve.

This welding shop wasn't real happy to have to give up this valve. I think it was left off the shipment on purpose, if you know what I mean.

When I got there at daylight, I called them and they met me. When they opened up this welding shop I saw 5 huge crosses that were made out of 8" x 8" oak timbers, that were coped together perfectly and bolted with stainless bolts. They told me that it was for a KKK meeting they were going to have. So I didnt ask any more questions.

This valve was was extremely heavy. I asked them to load it with their forklift and they refused. They said, you want it so damn bad, you can load it yourself, and continued work on another cross. I called the company that was reassembling the gas plant in Pettus and told them the bind I was in. They called this welding shop and talked to the people and they finally decided to load it for me. They told me go back to Texas and to never come back.

Believe it or not, there are still some people farming with pointed sticks over there in the rural areas.

Bartender, bring me anything except brake fluid, cause I don't plan on stopping!
Re: Pissed Off... [Re: moderno] #548409 01/13/09 03:13 AM
T
Tx_Phantom Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
T
Moderno, totally believe that too.. In rural Mississippi and parts of rural Georgia i have been to, they fly the rebel flag for a reason that isn't about southern pride...

LOL

TxP

Re: Pissed Off... [Re: Tx_Phantom] #548410 01/13/09 03:23 AM
D
del rio hunter Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
First off, why hunt deer with dogs? Might as well get in a helicopter and shoot, lol, thinking of that, I envisioned the guy on the little helicopter on the movie Road Warrior!, lol. Did any of the guys look like him?
Anyway, I have nothing against dogs, but prefer to hunt with out them, even when hunting quail. Maybe because I am usualy deer hunting then too and don't want any in the area. You get out of Texas, and things get a little different. I hunted on some property we have in upstate New York about 5 years ago opening day deer season.... It sounded like openging day dove season, never hunted since. Now I know why you have to have orange on over there.
As for reporting the illegal activity, I would leave it up to your friend or report it when you are gone. You never know, just make sure your arse is out of the area!

Gotta put some lead in the air if you're going to get anything!
Re: Pissed Off... [Re: DFWPI] #548411 01/13/09 03:32 AM
K
KellyAsh Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
K
I would have been absolutely PISSED that someone who called themselves my friend would invite me to go hunting when he knew it was going to be some whacked out poach-fest.

I would have asked him to reimburse me for my gas getting out there then, whether he paid up or not, left the place immediately and called the GW.

That guy would not have been a friend to me anymore so I wouldnt care if he caught sh!t from his other dirtbag friends. But that's just me.

Re: Pissed Off... [Re: Tx_Phantom] #548412 01/13/09 04:00 AM
HWY_MAN Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity

Were they hunting deer with beagles?

Yes! A Weatherby does kill them deader.
Re: Pissed Off... [Re: Sethfish] #548413 01/13/09 04:12 AM
S
Salt Gap Flash Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
Quote:

yes mississippi is an interested place, it is east texas with less chromosomes. instead of antler restrictions on deer they have teeth restrictions on hunters

I wonder if Warren Beaty or Burt Rynolds were on the hunt.

DO NOT ASK THE LORD TO GUIDE YOUR FOOTSTEPS IF YOU ARE UNWILLING TO MOVE YOUR FEET.
Re: Pissed Off... [Re: DFWPI] #548414 01/13/09 05:16 AM
S
spanky Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
S
Your first post has me a little confused, were all of you hunting the same parcel of land? You talk about diffrent groups, but I was wondering if they were hunting bordering land to yours?

Re: Pissed Off... [Re: del rio hunter] #548415 01/13/09 05:19 AM
Crazyhorse Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I see you list your location as: Winchester, VA

In 2000, I spent a few days in a hunting camp above the Arctic Circle, and two of the guys in that camp thought that hunting deer with dogs, standing on a road in the swamps with a shotgun and wing shooting white tails as they went past was the ultimate in sport, and that hunting deer from a box blind overlooking a feeder was just shooting and not hunting.

One of the guys was from Virginia and the other from North Carolina.

I believe they were taliking about hunting that way in North Carolina, but it may have been in Virginia, I do not know anything about the hunting laws up there.

Re: Pissed Off... [Re: DFWPI] #548416 01/13/09 05:47 AM
D
deerfeeder Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Harsh opinion here, but if you know they were breaking the law and didn't either talk to them about it or report it, then you are condoning it and it won't stop. That makes you part of the problem and not part of the solution.

Granted tough circumstances, but tough or not doing the right thing doesn't change. No offense met, jmo.

Re: Pissed Off... [Re: Tx_Phantom] #548417 01/13/09 06:34 PM
T
Tx_Phantom Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
T
Hwy man - yes - with beagles...

Spanky, yes, everyone was on the same lease - it was a hunting club...

TxP

Re: Pissed Off... [Re: Tx_Phantom] #548418 01/14/09 02:35 AM
T
Tx_Phantom Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
T
Update...

I looked at the MS parks and wildlife site and their reporting link is broken (go figure)... I sent them a question about maintaining my anonomity, we'll see what I get back.

TxP

Re: Pissed Off... [Re: Tx_Phantom] #548419 01/14/09 03:31 AM
B
bdotson Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Just me but if I did not like it I would just leave and be done with it. But knowing me I would have probably met some new friends and had the time of a lifetime and left with some of those deer. Might would have bought me a new dog to LOL

Re: Pissed Off... [Re: bdotson] #548420 01/14/09 03:52 AM
K
Koolade Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
K
Shoulda just popped out about half your teeth, picked up a banjo, thrown away your shoes, sipped on some good ole shine and enjoyed the weekend.

Re: Pissed Off... [Re: DFWPI] #548421 01/14/09 08:22 AM
D
Double-H Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
D
I'd probably woulda reported'em or at least said something to them. Also I'd love to see the interior of that bus/camper. By the looks of things they may all die from carbon monoxide poisoning anyway.

"Good judgment comes from experience, and often experience comes from bad judgment". RMB
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide