Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Gamewardens [Re: outdoorsmen54] #5285388 09/03/14 03:45 AM
B
bigjoe8565 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
I spoke with a GW last year about shooting dove in a 60 acre field where we have a feeder for pig hunting. GW told me to do the following 10 days prior to dove hunting

remove battery
put a bag over the feeder motor to prevent corn from falling out
don't hunt directly near the feeder
He did emphasize he did not want to see any corn on the ground

The GW never checked me, so I can't say for certain if he would, or would not have ticketed me.

Re: Gamewardens [Re: outdoorsmen54] #5285393 09/03/14 03:47 AM
W
Western Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
W
She was may have been possibly referring to a higher possibility of aflatoxins in corn during hot dry, humid conditions, that has been know for a awhile as a "possibility"

If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you..

"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln

Dennis

Re: Gamewardens [Re: outdoorsmen54] #5285397 09/03/14 03:49 AM
O
outdoorsmen54 Offline OP
Bird Dog
OP Offline
Bird Dog
O
I've never had any bad dealings with any GWs. Never had any tickets. Have been checked in different counties before and they have all been pretty good meetings. Made friends with a few. I believe GWS do a good job for the most part. But I also believe there is "better busts" to be made then me hunting 600 yards from my deer feeder IMO. Least I have a plugged gun and a hunting licence with the migratory bird stamp and I'm not sitting in a field blasting dove landing at the feeder.

Re: Gamewardens [Re: outdoorsmen54] #5285537 09/03/14 05:18 AM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
GW are cool

If u have an issue, call them 1 month before the season

Thats all

www.TexasPondPoppers.com
Originally Posted by bill oxner
Loved my 4 inches. Well needed.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
Hate Russians. Love happy endings. I saw snot fly. cheers

Re: Gamewardens [Re: outdoorsmen54] #5285546 09/03/14 05:58 AM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Find out where you local District TP&W law enforcement office is. I am guessing but I believe it will be the Ft Worth office. Fort Worth Area — 5400 Airport Freeway, Suite E, Haltom City, TX 76117; (817) 831-3128

Go and talk to them, there should be a supervisor there that should be able to clarify this issue.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Gamewardens [Re: Trout-killer] #5285612 09/03/14 11:14 AM
W
wal1809 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
Originally Posted By: Trout-killer
Originally Posted By: wal1809
Originally Posted By: Trout-killer
Where does this flight path thing come into play? No where in there does it say "Flight path to and from bait". If shooting birds that are to and from baited areasa, we would all be in violation with or without knowing it.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/regulations/...s/general-rules

"A hunter may not
hunt migratory birds with the aid of bait, or on or over any baited area"

Its pretty easy to see if your hunting a flight path to or from a baited area than the baited area is aiding you in killing those birds.

That isnt even logical. With that thought process, every bird we shoot would be illegal. They are all flying to bait at one time or the other.

The point of all this is to say, it is.nkt.uo to a game warden to make law. Their interpretation sucks but thank God and a lot of dead soldiers that they are noy the decision makers. LAW IS NOT THEIR BUSINESS, INTERPRETATION IS NOT THEIR BUSINESS, ENFORCEMENT IS THEIR BUSINESS. Bringing violators to justice is all they are hired to do.

You do as you please. I am going hunting. I am going to follow law. If i get a ticket and the GW is wrong, no problem. I will be polite and kindly let a jury hand him his arse, politely of course😁

Your right Wal. You can't get ticketed for hunting on a flight path close to a baited area. I tell you what... Go ahead a dump 1000 lbs of corn in a pile in the middle of a 50 acre field better yet make it 100 acres... hunt the edges and shoot birds as they come in. By YOUR INTERPRITATION that would be completely legal as you wouldn't be directly over the bait. But, I guarantee you your arse would be fined so hard your head would pop off.

Lets see, 1000 lbs pile of of corn in the middle of 50 acres vs. A deer feeder on 600 acres. Are we changing the scenario to fit your side of the discussion? My point is not hard to uunderstand. It is not a right or wromg view here. It is to dispell the myths sbout game wwardens. If i owned 600 acres and s GW cited me as in that scenario, then we are going to get it on. I would be very polite to her. I would even thsnk her for doing s tough job. I court i would make her look like the briar eating jackass. I would make a case that no jury would allow the state to continue prosecution. That os a right granted to you by a lot of dead men. The police represent law, it is not the other way around.

Re: Gamewardens [Re: wal1809] #5285631 09/03/14 11:40 AM
T
Trout-killer Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T

Lets see, 1000 lbs pile of of corn in the middle of 50 acres vs. A deer feeder on 600 acres. Are we changing the scenario to fit your side of the discussion? My point is not hard to uunderstand. It is not a right or wromg view here. It is to dispell the myths sbout game wwardens. If i owned 600 acres and s GW cited me as in that scenario, then we are going to get it on. I would be very polite to her. I would even thsnk her for doing s tough job. I court i would make her look like the briar eating jackass. I would make a case that no jury would allow the state to continue prosecution. That os a right granted to you by a lot of dead men. The police represent law, it is not the other way around.

No, you said nowhere does it say explicitly in the regs that you could be cited for hunting birds flying to or from a baited area and that's the reason for what I posted. By your interpretation of the law you would be fine....

Of course in each scenario common sense has to come into play on if the person would actually get a ticket or not and I do believe that has been covered in this thread.

Sorry you can't grasp that concept. It must be tough for you.

See ya on the other side.

Re: Gamewardens [Re: outdoorsmen54] #5285733 09/03/14 12:41 PM
W
wal1809 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
I understood your concept about 2 pages ago. The conversation took a turn and a new concept was developing. With all due respect, when you're ready to keep up with the conversation let us know up

Re: Gamewardens [Re: outdoorsmen54] #5285935 09/03/14 02:42 PM
T
Trout-killer Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
I really don't think you did...later hand

Re: Gamewardens [Re: outdoorsmen54] #5286411 09/03/14 07:45 PM
W
wolf hunters Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
W
Definition of "baited area" Any area on which bait has been placed, deposited, exposed, distributed, or scattered so as to serve as a lure or attraction for migratory game birds to, on, or over areas where hunters are attempting to take them. Any such area will remain baited area for ten days following the complete removal of all bait.

"I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life" GOD
Re: Gamewardens [Re: outdoorsmen54] #5286475 09/03/14 08:42 PM
Sniper John Offline
gumshoe
gumshoe
Remember when looking at our outdoor annual you are only reading a combined summary of applicable state code, state regulations, state laws, federal laws and, and various area specific rules. And probably case law as well. It is only the crib sheet with a bunch of advertisments.

Re: Gamewardens [Re: outdoorsmen54] #5289783 09/05/14 05:48 PM
D
David Maas Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
They "technically" could use the same argument about pond popping ducks. I have hunted deer, ducks, dove and turkey on the same piece of property for 40+ yrs, dad, uncles, cousins and granddad going back to over 100+yrs and we have had many a visit from the warden in that time and not once has this technicality came up, and the place is only 56 acres.

I think she needs a refresher course in interpretation.

NRA Endowed Patriot Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Re: Gamewardens [Re: shooterwalter] #5290196 09/05/14 09:56 PM
W
WTGuide Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
W
Originally Posted By: shooterwalter
The law is very funky and talks about if birds are going To, On, Over or From feed where hunters are hunting that it would be considered baiting. Some ideas tie your dog on the feeder while you dove hunt; put up a scare crow; put tarps over the corn; don't hunt doves

Heck, every bird that flies is going to or coming back from feeding, so I guess none are legal to shoot...

Think you can/Think you can't/Either way you're right

Re: Gamewardens [Re: WTGuide] #5290212 09/05/14 10:09 PM
T
tigger Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: WTGuide
Originally Posted By: shooterwalter
The law is very funky and talks about if birds are going To, On, Over or From feed where hunters are hunting that it would be considered baiting. Some ideas tie your dog on the feeder while you dove hunt; put up a scare crow; put tarps over the corn; don't hunt doves

Heck, every bird that flies is going to or coming back from feeding, so I guess none are legal to shoot...

If hunting over a baited area bingo on migratory birds. I had a game warder in kent county issue a ticket for the above. Hunting a pond and deer feeder 150 yards throwing corn. Just $750 per person hunting the tank.

Tigger
If it isn't white it is not a birddog.

KC
Lying is lying. Don't bitch about one doing it and condone another. That's called hypocrisy.
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide