Re: Church [Re: EricShelton] #4997383 02/28/14 04:16 AM
B
BowSlayer Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted By: EricShelton
Originally Posted By: BowSlayer

I said I don't know about all Cowboy Churches.... did I not. You can't visit 2 Churches and condemn hundreds more for your experience there. Excuses to stay out of Church are as old as the Church itself. You get out of it what you put into it most times. If those 2 didn't work for you find one that does instead of condemning them all.

I do go to church. No need for all the butthurt about rodeo church bud. I am sure God is quite content with tithe money being spent on arenas,cows,hay,feed,etc.

Ignorance at it's best right there. Our Church does not own any livestock therefore no money is spent on cows, hay, feed, etc. We do have an arena where God's word is preached each and every time there's an event there. It's no different than an auditorium or fellowship hall at a conventional Church. Maybe I did get a little "butthurt" but spewing inaccuracies tends to have that effect on me. I'm glad you found a church that you like.

Last edited by BowSlayer; 02/28/14 04:16 AM.
Re: Church [Re: wacorusty] #4997384 02/28/14 04:16 AM
J
jrs_39 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
"Is this a serious post?"

Are any of these Jibber Jabber posts serious?

Re: Church [Re: jrs_39] #4997387 02/28/14 04:18 AM
B
BowSlayer Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted By: jrs_39
"Is this a serious post?"

Are any of these Jibber Jabber posts serious?

Which jibber jabber post are you referring to? If it's one of mine I'll be glad to talk with you about it. And yes, every one of mine is serious. I take eternity seriously.

Re: Church [Re: wacorusty] #4997388 02/28/14 04:19 AM
J
jrs_39 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
They are all Jibber Jabber. Do you consider yourself strtonger in Jibber or Jabber?

Re: Church [Re: BowSlayer] #4997389 02/28/14 04:19 AM
E
EricShelton Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
E

I said I don't know about all Cowboy Churches.... did I not. You can't visit 2 Churches and condemn hundreds more for your experience there. Excuses to stay out of Church are as old as the Church itself. You get out of it what you put into it most times. If those 2 didn't work for you find one that does instead of condemning them all.

I do go to church. No need for all the butthurt about rodeo church bud. I am sure God is quite content with tithe money being spent on arenas,cows,hay,feed,etc.

Ignorance at it's best right there. Our Church does not own any livestock therefore no money is spent on cows, hay, feed, etc. We do have an arena where God's word is preached each and every time there's an event there. It's no different than an auditorium or fellowship hall at a conventional Church. Maybe I did get a little "butthurt" but spewing inaccuracies tends to have that effect on me. I'm glad you found a church that you like.

No ignorance here buddy. The rodeo church by my lease owns quite a few roping steers. They also just spent about 400k on a nice covered arena to "preach" in.

Re: Church [Re: EricShelton] #4997397 02/28/14 04:23 AM
B
BowSlayer Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B

No ignorance here buddy. The rodeo church by my lease owns quite a few roping steers. They also just spent about 400k on a nice covered arena to "preach" in.

So it's ok for a conventional church to spend a million dollars on a building but if a cowboy church does it it's a waste of tithes? Why did you put "preach' in quotes? Do they not preach in the new arena? You may know what you're talking about with 1 or 2 churches but yes you are ignorant if you believe all Cowboy Churches are run the same.

Re: Church [Re: BowSlayer] #4997409 02/28/14 04:27 AM
E
EricShelton Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
E
[quote=EricShelton]
So it's ok for a conventional church to spend a million dollars on a building but if a cowboy church does it it's a waste of tithes? Why did you put "preach' in quotes? Do they not preach in the new arena? You may know what you're talking about with 1 or 2 churches but yes you are ignorant if you believe all Cowboy Churches are run the same.

I never said anything was ok. And I put "preach" in quotes because what I have seen was hardly preaching. To me it was more of a formality that you had to endure before you could start playing cowboys and cowgirls.

Re: Church [Re: EricShelton] #4997416 02/28/14 04:30 AM
B
BowSlayer Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
[quote=EricShelton]

I never said anything was ok. And I put "preach" in quotes because what I have seen was hardly preaching. To me it was more of a formality that you had to endure before you could start playing cowboys and cowgirls.

Again, condemning all Cowboy Churches from experience at 1 or 2.

I don't know where in the state you live but here's an offer for you. Come to my Church just 1 Sunday morning and after the service tell me what you felt. God will show you his presence. You have nothing to lose. I'll buy your gas, food, and if needed a Hotel room for you to stay in. If you want to know the truth take me up on my offer and come see for yourself.

Re: Church [Re: wacorusty] #4997419 02/28/14 04:31 AM
E
EricShelton Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
E
Where is your church?

Re: Church [Re: wacorusty] #4997420 02/28/14 04:31 AM
B
BowSlayer Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Between Henderson and Tatum. About half way.

Re: Church [Re: BowSlayer] #4997426 02/28/14 04:34 AM
E
EricShelton Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
E

Little far just to come for church. BUt next time I am in Jacksonville, if I remember, I will give you a holler.

Re: Church [Re: EricShelton] #4997431 02/28/14 04:35 AM
B
BowSlayer Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B

Little far just to come for church. BUt next time I am in Jacksonville, if I remember, I will give you a holler.

That would be awesome. Don't just come to Church. Make a weekend getaway out of it on me. Like I said, I'll pay for it. I'll get you a nice room for 2 nights and pay for gas and meals.

Re: Church [Re: wacorusty] #4997440 02/28/14 04:40 AM
E
EricShelton Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
E
I actually come down that way quite often.

Re: Church [Re: EricShelton] #4997446 02/28/14 04:42 AM
B
BowSlayer Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
I actually come down that way quite often.

Well great. Next time you do holler at me. I guarantee you if you go to my Church one time your opinions on Cowboy Church will be forever changed.

Re: Church [Re: jrs_39] #4997452 02/28/14 04:48 AM
H
Hirogen Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H
Originally Posted By: jrs_39
Everyone one of you is so lost. A boat is not a church, Cowboy Church is not a church.

Developed by L. Ron Hubbard, Scientology is a religion that offers a precise path leading to a complete and certain understanding of one’s true spiritual nature and one’s relationship to self, family, groups, Mankind, all life forms, the material universe, the spiritual universe and the Supreme Being.

Scientology addresses the spirit—not the body or mind—and believes that Man is far more than a product of his environment, or his genes.

Scientology comprises a body of knowledge which extends from certain fundamental truths. Prime among these are:

Man is an immortal spiritual being.

His experience extends well beyond a single lifetime.

His capabilities are unlimited, even if not presently realized.

Scientology further holds Man to be basically good, and that his spiritual salvation depends upon himself, his fellows and his attainment of brotherhood with the universe.

Scientology is not a dogmatic religion in which one is asked to accept anything on faith alone. On the contrary, one discovers for oneself that the principles of Scientology are true by applying its principles and observing or experiencing the results.

The ultimate goal of Scientology is true spiritual enlightenment and freedom for all.

Say hi to Tom Cruise for me on your way to enlightenment. taz

Sorry - just couldn't help myself.

Last edited by Hirogen; 02/28/14 04:50 AM.

Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend
Re: Church [Re: BowSlayer] #4997641 02/28/14 01:14 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Am I the only one that thinks it's ironic that a guy named Pitchfork is against going to Church? clap

That was pretty funny. Never said I was against going to church. Just against others telling me what church is and is not. I'm happy for you that you've found a church that you enjoy.

As far as my "THF name", I have hunted for many years and still hunt on the Pitchfork Ranch. I assure you the name when established in 1886, was chosen by good people who went to church regularly. And I understand you were just having fun with the name.smile

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide