Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H
Originally Posted By: redchevy
Originally Posted By: TSU99
great, another freakin' yankee.
Originally Posted By: Hirogen
Well, so much for trying to lighten the mood.

Worked for me. It is a miserable day here. Snowin, Blowin, 15 below and an hour ago they closed all the roads in the county except one due to the weather.

roflmao

Keep at it you might get it there...

RC is correct - close but no cigar. Think hockey. I am only on this forum because we have no hogs here and our redneck culture sucks. Oh and I love Davy Crockett (in a brotherly way - for all those who thought otherwise).

Last edited by Hirogen; 02/27/14 10:00 PM.

Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend
Re: Church [Re: wacorusty] #4996618 02/27/14 10:01 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Pretty sure it was his next attempt to lighten the mood... nothing against you northern folk. Ill trade you some hogs for a mule deer and an elk... hows that sound!

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Church [Re: redchevy] #4996622 02/27/14 10:04 PM
T
TSU99 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Stop taking up for the yankee.

Re: Church [Re: redchevy] #4996630 02/27/14 10:07 PM
C
cameron00 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted By: cameron00
redchevy - You're judgemental of people on almost everything.

Terribly un-Christian.

Better spend more time in Church. You're not grasping the concepts.

I didn't judge anyone. Maybe you think I did though. I have expressed my opinions that is it. Maybe you have guilt and feel judged? I don't know.

Trust me, you do.

It's very un-Christian. You need to spend more time in Church.

Re: Church [Re: redchevy] #4996631 02/27/14 10:07 PM
H
Hirogen Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H
Pretty sure it was his next attempt to lighten the mood... nothing against you northern folk. Ill trade you some hogs for a mule deer and an elk... hows that sound!

No muleys here. We have Elk - but by draw (1 in 10 chance). Sooner or later I'm gonna make a trip down and meet some of you fine folk and shoot some hogs - one for each of my guns, one for my crossbow and one for my compound. Have some good friends around Houston so sooner or later it will happen. Problem is none of them hunt (can you believe that?) so I am gonna have to rely on some of you guys to show me around.

Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

Re: Church [Re: Hirogen] #4996641 02/27/14 10:10 PM
T
TSU99 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
I'm going to make it up there one day to drop one your 300 pound White Tails(deer). I know what ya'll were thinking.

Re: Church [Re: TSU99] #4996651 02/27/14 10:15 PM
H
Hirogen Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H
I'm going to make it up there one day to drop one your 300 pound White Tails(deer). I know what ya'll were thinking.

Seeing as this is a photo thread - Both of these guys touched 300:

Last edited by Hirogen; 02/27/14 10:19 PM.

Re: Church [Re: Hirogen] #4996667 02/27/14 10:19 PM
T
TSU99 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
I'm used to seeing 300 lb. boars hanging from tractors down here. One of these days...

Re: Church [Re: wacorusty] #4996675 02/27/14 10:20 PM
W
Wilhunt Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Mighty nice deer!

Re: Church [Re: cameron00] #4996676 02/27/14 10:21 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
redchevy - You're judgemental of people on almost everything.

Terribly un-Christian.

Better spend more time in Church. You're not grasping the concepts.

I didn't judge anyone. Maybe you think I did though. I have expressed my opinions that is it. Maybe you have guilt and feel judged? I don't know.

Trust me, you do.

It's very un-Christian. You need to spend more time in Church.

Thanks... ill pray real hard in the boat sunday morning? trout

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Church [Re: wacorusty] #4996721 02/27/14 10:37 PM
B
BurrOak Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
So will I! yingyang

Re: Church [Re: wacorusty] #4996725 02/27/14 10:38 PM
B
BurrOak Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
The 300 pounds...is that live weight or field dressed weight?

Re: Church [Re: BurrOak] #4996781 02/27/14 10:59 PM
H
Hirogen Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H
Originally Posted By: MikeHoncho

Both deer dressed 240-250lbs at the butcher. Based on that we figure their live weight at a little over 300. Where I live a mature buck averages 250lbs live weight. Every 4 or 5 years we take a few like this. First one was taken by my brother-in-law and second one was taken by me. It helps if you can take them pre-rut as our deer can loose 50lbs during the rut.

If you travel north of where I live (or to Saskatchewan or Alberta) there are areas where live weights can push 350-400lbs on ocassion with 300 pounders more common.

Last edited by Hirogen; 02/27/14 11:06 PM.

Re: Church [Re: GLC] #4996882 02/28/14 12:01 AM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted By: GLC
I will jump in for one post.

First the "church" refereed to in the New Testament is not a building, it is his people. So when Christ said I will build my church, he wasn't talking about a building. Therefore the sign on the building does not make the occupants inside. Just like if we were in a garage we would not be a car. So a boat on a lake is not a church.

Second, we can worship anywhere, deer lease, lake, race track or in our home. But was that what Christ wanted or his example? Are there any "Lone Ranger Christians"? I don't think that is Biblical. Now Christ did at times go to secluded places away from all distractions and prayed. Nothing wrong with that all. We all need times away from distractions including others to sometimes rejuvenate. But in those times are we truly worshiping or just enjoying God's creation? Both are fine but not interchangeable. Only God can judge the heart.

Third, we are told not to stop meeting together. That is where we and others connect and mutually draw on each others strength and server each other.

Hebrews 10 vs 21-25:24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, 25 not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

Lastly we are not called to be religious but to have a relationship. People can and are religious about a vast number of things but do they actually have a relationship with Christ? That was God's whole and sole purpose for creation, a relationship.

110% accurate. This man speaks the truth.

Re: Church [Re: redchevy] #4997023 02/28/14 01:22 AM
P
Pitchfork Predator Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
Not to pile on, but I agree with redchevy 100%. One needs to gather with other Christians to praise God's name, take the Lord's Supper, etc.
Originally Posted By: BowSlayer
I'll pile on to the other side of the coin. Don't tell me how I should worship. I'm sure you and Red Chevy have your idea of what church should be and I'll respect that and ask that ya'll do the same. If you don't like the OP's idea of church then don't worship this way.

They didn't tell you how to worship... Jesus did in the Bible. I've missed just as many services to go hunting or fishing as the next guy. Heck I still do. Go to the lease for the weekend and miss church all the time. I have to admit when I saw the name of the thread and then clicked on it and saw the picture I remembered when I used to say the same thing. Looking back I only said it to try to convince myself. God knows your intentions. I don't know one single person that goes to the lake with his boat with intention of worshiping God. Sure you can feel closer and talk to him but that's not what you went for therefore it's not church. Maybe we should start a floating church to make honest people out of all the fisherman that call a fishing trip church. grin

Read the post and tell me that it's not telling me how to worship and what church is. And to your point, having people assemble in a building, boat, whatever else, and officially calling it "church" does not make those people attending HONEST. There are many dishonest people that go to church.

never tried to tell you what to do or how to worship.

If there were people assembled in the boat worshiping God it would be church. One guy fishing thinking about the birds and the bee's don't cut it for my definition, maybe it does for yours. Wonder how it weighs in with the only opinion that really maters? Some day we will all find out. There are as many fat people at a gym as there are liars at a church so I guess we should stay out of them too.

No, I definitely think you should still go to the gym to get that fat off. smile

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Church [Re: Hirogen] #4997027 02/28/14 01:25 AM
P
Pitchfork Predator Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: Hirogen
Originally Posted By: MikeHoncho

Both deer dressed 240-250lbs at the butcher. Based on that we figure their live weight at a little over 300. Where I live a mature buck averages 250lbs live weight. Every 4 or 5 years we take a few like this. First one was taken by my brother-in-law and second one was taken by me. It helps if you can take them pre-rut as our deer can loose 50lbs during the rut.

If you travel north of where I live (or to Saskatchewan or Alberta) there are areas where live weights can push 350-400lbs on ocassion with 300 pounders more common.

Those are some big deer you have up there Hirogen. If you can ever make it down to Texas, I'd be happy to take you hog hunting on the Pitchfork.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: Church [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #4997266 02/28/14 03:11 AM
H
Hirogen Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H

Those are some big deer you have up there Hirogen. If you can ever make it down to Texas, I'd be happy to take you hog hunting on the Pitchfork.

Thank you very much for the offer sir. I will be sure to look you up when I make it to Texas. When you say the "Pitchfork," do you actually mean the famous Pitchfork Ranch? Even up here in my little corner of Canada back in the bush I have heard of the Pitchfork Ranch.

Re: Church [Re: wacorusty] #4997317 02/28/14 03:41 AM
B
BowSlayer Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Am I the only one that thinks it's ironic that a guy named Pitchfork is against going to Church? clap

Re: Church [Re: wacorusty] #4997340 02/28/14 03:55 AM
E
EricShelton Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
E
This makes me think about starting a fishing church. I see those "cowboy churches" popping up all over Texas. Seems all they do is a little bit of church and a ton of horsing around with cows and stuff. WOuld it be acceptable to have a fishing church? My center console will fish 5 comfortably. Maybe I can preach and the other 4 pass the plate amongst themselves and other boaters.

Re: Church [Re: EricShelton] #4997354 02/28/14 04:01 AM
B
BowSlayer Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted By: EricShelton
This makes me think about starting a fishing church. I see those "cowboy churches" popping up all over Texas. Seems all they do is a little bit of church and a ton of horsing around with cows and stuff. WOuld it be acceptable to have a fishing church? My center console will fish 5 comfortably. Maybe I can preach and the other 4 pass the plate amongst themselves and other boaters.

I don't know about all the "Cowboy Churches" as you put it but I do know about mine and you could not be more wrong. Our ministry stretches all over the world, literally. We do have rodeo and other Cowboy related events but nobody that ever comes to an event leaves without hearing about Jesus. People that would never dream of stepping in the doors of a Church get to hear the good news of Jesus at our events. Our Church started in an old gas station with 15 people. A few years later and we have 1500 people every Sunday. You really should not speak about things you don't know about. Go on youtube and search Bar None Cowboy Church if you want to know what our Church is really about.

Re: Church [Re: BowSlayer] #4997358 02/28/14 04:03 AM
E
EricShelton Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
E

I don't know about all the "Cowboy Churches" as you put it but I do know about mine and you could not be more wrong. Our ministry stretches all over the world, literally. We do have rodeo and other Cowboy related events but nobody that ever comes to an event leaves without hearing about Jesus. People that would never dream of stepping in the doors of a Church get to hear the good news of Jesus at our events. Our Church started in an old gas station with 15 people. A few years later and we have 1500 people every Sunday. You really should not speak about things you don't know about. Go on youtube and search Bar None Cowboy Church if you want to know what our Church is really about.

Ive been to 2 of them. Both AFCC churches. I know what I experienced,and I also heard the same thing you said from those that invited me.

Re: Church [Re: EricShelton] #4997364 02/28/14 04:07 AM
B
BowSlayer Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B

Ive been to 2 of them. Both AFCC churches. I know what I experienced,and I also heard the same thing you said from those that invited me.

I said I don't know about all Cowboy Churches.... did I not. You can't visit 2 Churches and condemn hundreds more for your experience there. Excuses to stay out of Church are as old as the Church itself. You get out of it what you put into it most times. If those 2 didn't work for you find one that does instead of condemning them all.

Re: Church [Re: wacorusty] #4997365 02/28/14 04:08 AM
J
jrs_39 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
Everyone one of you is so lost. A boat is not a church, Cowboy Church is not a church.

Developed by L. Ron Hubbard, Scientology is a religion that offers a precise path leading to a complete and certain understanding of one’s true spiritual nature and one’s relationship to self, family, groups, Mankind, all life forms, the material universe, the spiritual universe and the Supreme Being.

Scientology addresses the spirit—not the body or mind—and believes that Man is far more than a product of his environment, or his genes.

Scientology comprises a body of knowledge which extends from certain fundamental truths. Prime among these are:

Man is an immortal spiritual being.

His experience extends well beyond a single lifetime.

His capabilities are unlimited, even if not presently realized.

Scientology further holds Man to be basically good, and that his spiritual salvation depends upon himself, his fellows and his attainment of brotherhood with the universe.

Scientology is not a dogmatic religion in which one is asked to accept anything on faith alone. On the contrary, one discovers for oneself that the principles of Scientology are true by applying its principles and observing or experiencing the results.

The ultimate goal of Scientology is true spiritual enlightenment and freedom for all.

Re: Church [Re: jrs_39] #4997373 02/28/14 04:11 AM
B
BowSlayer Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted By: jrs_39
Everyone one of you is so lost. A boat is not a church, Cowboy Church is not a church.

Developed by L. Ron Hubbard, Scientology is a religion that offers a precise path leading to a complete and certain understanding of one’s true spiritual nature and one’s relationship to self, family, groups, Mankind, all life forms, the material universe, the spiritual universe and the Supreme Being.

Scientology addresses the spirit—not the body or mind—and believes that Man is far more than a product of his environment, or his genes.

Scientology comprises a body of knowledge which extends from certain fundamental truths. Prime among these are:

Man is an immortal spiritual being.

His experience extends well beyond a single lifetime.

His capabilities are unlimited, even if not presently realized.

Scientology further holds Man to be basically good, and that his spiritual salvation depends upon himself, his fellows and his attainment of brotherhood with the universe.

Scientology is not a dogmatic religion in which one is asked to accept anything on faith alone. On the contrary, one discovers for oneself that the principles of Scientology are true by applying its principles and observing or experiencing the results.

The ultimate goal of Scientology is true spiritual enlightenment and freedom for all.

Is this a serious post?

Re: Church [Re: BowSlayer] #4997375 02/28/14 04:12 AM
E
EricShelton Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
E

I said I don't know about all Cowboy Churches.... did I not. You can't visit 2 Churches and condemn hundreds more for your experience there. Excuses to stay out of Church are as old as the Church itself. You get out of it what you put into it most times. If those 2 didn't work for you find one that does instead of condemning them all.

I do go to church. No need for all the butthurt about rodeo church bud. I am sure God is quite content with tithe money being spent on arenas,cows,hay,feed,etc.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide