Re: Diane Finestein [Re: Slow Drifter] #4978459 02/17/14 08:06 PM
T
TF Panther Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Slow Drifter
[quote}I see a Vietnam service ribbon on your sig. Did you ever use your weapon on another human being?

I may be mistaken, but I think I see a Purple Heart with OLC in BB's sig. My eyes are tired, but unless I'm wrong, please don't preach to that man.[/quote]

And? By your standards he should not preach to me.

Re: Diane Finestein [Re: TF Panther] #4978620 02/17/14 09:17 PM
T
TF Panther Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: billybob
[quote=TF Panther] First they came for the Iraq veterans and I said nothing. I see a Vietnam service ribbon on your sig. Did you ever use your weapon on another human being? Many said yours too was an immoral and unjust war. How could you use a weapon on a fellow human in an unjust fashion? They say once you use a weapon on another human the second time is easier. How do we know you can be trusted with your Constitutional rights?
How many patriots had nightmares in 1779 about the battles they fought? Maybe they should have all had tbeir homes searched and rifles confiscated for their efforts! In the Civil War it was called Soldiers heart, should they all have been disarmed?. In WW 1 it was called shell shock. WW 2 battle fatigue.

Maybe you need to be monitored? Maybe you should be judged without violating a law? How can we trust you with a gun? Yes, give them an inch as they will stop there, if you think about .

Yes I have used a weapon on another human being...200 times. And it does get easier with every trigger pull. Really didn't care whether it was an unjust or immoral war...I was a warrant officer making sure I got home as well as the troops I was supporting. From your descriptions of what you think PTSD is you might want to look up some defintions. BTW you are exhibiting signs of PTSD...might have that

lol, I need to be checked out? You fired on 200 people with never losing a wink of sleep and the compassion of Dexter and I need to be checked out? At what point did you lose all your humanity? See how it can be twisted by anyone with and agenda? I will have her add Viet Vets with no problems with killin people to the list.

Nobody comes back like they left who saw much combat, it's just a matter to what degree and in which fashion that change manifest its self. Some have better coping skills than others.

We give countries that hate us billions of dollars every year and you get all huffy about some vets that get a few hundred bucks a month. Yes, VA compensation is our financial problems as a nation.

Since you missed all the points, Feinsteins point was saying that PTSD is a creation of the
Iraq war(to my point obviously not true), and since you can't tell who has it and who does not that all should be banned. Maybe should send her an email about Vietnam vets who have no feelings at all about the ones they killed? Get it?

Re: Diane Finestein [Re: TF Panther] #4978664 02/17/14 09:37 PM
T
TF Panther Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
T
Much like with every war the previous generation thinks their war was better and they handled it better. But unlike any war in the past it is this generaration who their government wishes to deem them as undesireable and not fit to reap the benefits of the Constitution to which they swore a blood oath and upheld in the same fashion. Why? Because of the Liberal anti gun agenda, not because of some false sense of security they claim every measure they push produces.

Re: Diane Finestein [Re: TF Panther] #4978688 02/17/14 09:52 PM
billybob Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Ha Ha got your PTSD flowing? You're right I have excellent coping skills and I was good at my job of killing enemy soldiers..but I've never filed for PTSD. You're wrong on knowing who has it....if you have filed with the VA for PTSD and have received compensation you have been adjudicated. If you then try to buy a firearm you are commiting a felony....what's so hard to understand about that? Maybe you're a potential felon...huh? muyloco

Re: Diane Finestein [Re: TF Panther] #4979094 02/18/14 01:32 AM
T
TF Panther Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
T
Ha, hardly Dexter. Just because I dont feel the need to put my 201 file on my sig line so I can recall how much I enjoyed flying above the war shooting women working a water buff in a rice paddy (enemy supplies and such) and chalking it up to such a lofty confirmed kill count 200, while denegrating the Infantry Vets that had the gall to go to he VA and get "adjudicated" as you say does not mean I am a mental felon.

I was a NCO who still answers the phone from time to time and listens to my joes talk through some of the joys of war on he ground at 2' oclck in the a.m. , because they can't sleep. Some of which have been adjudicated by a VA system that beats them over the head everytime they went in to get treated for other injuries about them possibly having PTSD and that they can file a claim for it, while leaving out the fact they would lose their rights for doing so.

I dont think think they should never be allowed to shoot a turkey or a dove again for a rating. You are way to proud of killing some poor farmers in a mud pit. Judging by your wings you did it without getting blood on your hands and having to listen to them scream. But hey, shooting at bushes from 1000 ft up at 100 mph is fun.

Last edited by TF Panther; 02/18/14 01:41 AM.
Re: Diane Finestein [Re: TF Panther] #4979128 02/18/14 01:51 AM
T
TF Panther Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
T
One of the signature wounds due to better armor is TBI. Like 5 guys sitting in a vehilce with 150 lbs of tnt going off under it and them all getting knocked out, several times. Yet they all walk away or at least survive, unlike in previous conflicts. Those symptoms are the same as what the NFL players experience due to concussions. The symptoms mirror PTSD in almost everyway. Yet no one is talking about NFL players losing their rights.

Re: Diane Finestein [Re: TF Panther] #4979578 02/18/14 10:21 AM
billybob Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
You are the first "NCO" that I have met that has not appreciated air support...which leads me to believe you were probably some rear echelon supply or mess NCO....and is probably why you don't have a sig line with your 201. Pay attention sarge..... the law does not preclude most PTSD claimants from buying a firearm and Feinstein had nothing to do with the law as you see it on a gun purchase app. Nor does it preclude a vet diagnosed or not from hunting dove or turkey as you seem to think. Here is what it asks you “f. Have you ever been adjudicated mentally defective (which includes a determination by a court, board, commission, or other lawful authority that you are a danger to yourself or to other or are incompetent to manage your own affairs) or have you ever been committed to a mental institution?” If you say "yes" you will not be allowed to purchase a weapon. If you say "no" and are not sure how the VA has worded your mental condition you could be committing a felony. Now if you can't live with that quit wasting your time keystroking senseless internet BS and take an active role in changing the law.

Re: Diane Finestein [Re: TF Panther] #4979770 02/18/14 02:34 PM
T
TF Panther Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
T
Look who's PTSD is boiling to the top now. Oh, I appreciate air support Mr. BB. I was the guy on the ground controlling it and the artillery. The point of the entire thing was that she was saying All vets should be denied because you can't tell who has and who does not. Then you chimed in with your, maybe it will cut down on guys filing a claim, as if you thought she was right on target and what a great idea it was. I don't put my medals on a Sig line because medals don't impress me. I know guys who got them and did not deserve them and guys that did who did not and that lessens the appreciation for my own.

Re: Diane Finestein [Re: Dave Scott] #4980509 02/18/14 10:08 PM
T
TFF Caribou Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Dave Scott
I still can't figure out why we citizens are deemed smart enough to vote and serve on juries but not smart enough to own firearms.

Huh? We have been deemed smart enough to own firearms. Says so right there in the constitution.

The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference. -George Washington
Re: Diane Finestein [Re: TFF Caribou] #4981512 02/19/14 01:35 PM
T
TF Panther Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
T
The Constitution says whatever the supreme court says it does. The 2nd ammendment seems to go before the court on a regular basis. The last vote went 5 to 4 over the wording just 3 yrs ago or so.
The libs say since private citizens are not in a "well regulaged militia" it's null and void. Put 1 or 2 more Sotomayors' on the bench and suddenly it no longer says what it says after some legaleese spin.

yes, it is that fragile. Which is why Democrats on a hunting forum crack me up.

Re: Diane Finestein [Re: billybob] #4991007 02/25/14 03:10 AM
T
Texas Heat Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Ha Ha got your PTSD flowing?

You think that is funny? Ha Ha some big F'ng joke right? Real hilarious to make fun of kids going overseas and coming back all messed up right?

Shut your mouth, I don't care what you have in your signature. You think that buys you the right to talk down on this generation of warriors? IT DOESN'T.

Go ahead and make another PTSD joke towards me and show your true colors. I don't have PTSD, i'm just a NCO that is disgusted by the words of someone many would consider a hero.

Last edited by Texas Heat; 02/25/14 03:11 AM.
Re: Diane Finestein [Re: Texas Heat] #4991391 02/25/14 01:39 PM
billybob Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted By: Texas Heat

You think that is funny? Ha Ha some big F'ng joke right? Real hilarious to make fun of kids going overseas and coming back all messed up right?

Shut your mouth, I don't care what you have in your signature. You think that buys you the right to talk down on this generation of warriors? IT DOESN'T.

Go ahead and make another PTSD joke towards me and show your true colors. I don't have PTSD, i'm just a NCO that is disgusted by the words of someone many would consider a hero.

Whoa....calm down big boy...there has been no fun poked at anyone coming back from overseas. You might want to read the threads before you loose your cool. My comment was directed at one individual... TF Panther who was ranting on about VN being an unjust, immoral war and me doing my job there..all the time thinking I was on Feinsteins side.....Chillllllllllllll

Re: Diane Finestein [Re: billybob] #4991848 02/25/14 06:13 PM
T
TF Panther Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Texas Heat

Whoa....calm down big boy...there has been no fun poked at anyone coming back from overseas. You might want to read the threads before you loose your cool. My comment was directed at one individual... TF Panther who was ranting on about VN being an unjust, immoral war and me doing my job there..all the time thinking I was on Feinsteins side.....Chillllllllllllll

sigh, reading comprehension is not your strong suit. The point was and is, that by Feinsteins definition you should not be trusted with your Constitutional rights. The comment that you latched on too and failed to comprehend was the college protestors who denounced your war as immoral and unjust are todays liberal politicians who are pushing the gun control today and deeming the Iraq war as immoral and unjust and that we are all damaged goods. YOU chimed in and thought Feinstein was on target as it might cut down on VA claims. Do you get it now.?

Re: Diane Finestein [Re: TF Panther] #4991862 02/25/14 06:24 PM
T
TF Panther Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
T
Again, she is saying in a nut shell that ALL Iraq vets should have their rights revoked. I was making the parallel to your war since you said, it might cut down on VA claims which is not what her point was. I was also pointing out that you are not the same person before you went, which you know is true, but you claim you are. No person who has spent time in combat is considered " normal " by civillian stands and liberals know it and it scares them to death. Example, a liberal professor get robbed he would give them everything he has a grovel. A combat vet gets robbed and he might try to cut your head off with a pocket knife, which is an option as foreign as mars too them, therefore abnormal.
You did choose to demonize guys who have filed a claim with the VA, so Texas heat has a point.

Re: Diane Finestein [Re: TF Panther] #4991937 02/25/14 07:03 PM
billybob Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Where did I chime in saying Feinstein was on target? I didn't! So your comprehension is lacking. Never even read your Feinstein article. The second amendment allows for you to "keep and bear arms" and does not apply to purchasing them. The discussion I was commenting on was PTSD and buying firearms. The comment made about cutting down VA claims was directed towards buying a gun with existing Brady law restrictions and if a vet felt that his PTSD was not severe enough then why risk losing his ability to buy a gun or the right to carry. When you apply for a PTSD disability you are not told of the reprecussions of you winning...one of which is not being allowed to purchase a firearm. Like I told you before I could care less if you or anyone else thinks the VN or any other war was just or immoral. The sacrifices made by vets past present and future give you those rights....but expect to get flamed if you misquote or misuse them.

If you think I'm going to take you "nutshell" synopsis of anything you are muyloco You haven't even followed your own post.

Last edited by billybob; 02/25/14 08:03 PM.
Re: Diane Finestein [Re: TF Panther] #4992067 02/25/14 08:13 PM
T
TF Panther Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
T
Holy cheese and crackers on the immoral aspect again. Dont read part of my post then comment. AGAIN, I was drawing a parallel between your war and mine. No woder you don't know what the thread is about, YOU did'nt watch it before commmenting!!!!!!! Also how would you like it if some B 52 pilot based out of the Phillipines was talking to a medevac pilot based out of Da Nang claiming he had 500 kills around Khe Sahn and feels perfectly fine, and the medevac pilot who flew his missions in ankle deep blood wanted to keep his constitutional rights he better not go to the VA seeking help besides there are too many claims any way and that might cut them down. Thats how I fell about what you said.

Last edited by TF Panther; 02/25/14 08:48 PM.
Re: Diane Finestein [Re: TF Panther] #4992092 02/25/14 08:31 PM
T
TF Panther Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
T
I have tried to put this in a manner that you could relate too. Unfortunately you are the type of person who comments without reading entire post or even watches the video which is what the thread is about and then you can't figure out why people were offended by your comments, then you have the audacity to call me crazy.

Re: Diane Finestein [Re: TF Panther] #4992148 02/25/14 08:55 PM
billybob Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted By: TF Panther
Holy cheese and crackers on the immoral aspect again. Dont read part of my post then comment. AGAIN, I was drawing a parallel between your war and mine. No woder you don't know what the thread is about, YOU did'nt read it before commmenting!!!!!!! Also how would you like it if some B 52 pilot based out of the Phillipines was talking to a medevac pilot based out of Da Nang claiming he had 500 kills around Khe Sahn and feels perfectly fine, and the medevac pilot who flew his missions in ankle deep blood wanted to keep his constitutional rights he better not go to the VA seeking help besides there are too many claims any way and that might cut them down. Thats how I fell about what you said.

What on earth are you talking about?
You stated "she said ptsd is an advent of the war in iraq and there is no way for a seller to know if the veteran is not affected in some way or another by this new advent there fore vets should not be able to purchase". I stated "If you have been diagnosed with PTSD..you therefore are suffering from a mental disorder..and according to current gun sale restrictions should not be allowed to purchase a weapon. And I'm not a liberal...far from it. Maybe it will cut down the amount of VA compensation claims if they thought about it."
What I said is on topic...I did NOT say all vets should forfeit the rights to purchase firearms NOR did I say vets should not file for PTSD.
You're beginning to sound like a right wing Feinstein.

The only thing better then pumping up enemy body count is pumping up post count. cheers

Re: Diane Finestein [Re: TF Panther] #4992153 02/25/14 08:58 PM
T
TF Panther Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
T
Hey Chief. Why don't you watch the video before you chime back in so you can be on the same page as everyone else. Let's start there.

Re: Diane Finestein [Re: TF Panther] #4992195 02/25/14 09:17 PM
billybob Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Not about to give her a second on my time. I'm sorry I thought this thread was pertaining to taking away firearm purchases from returning combat vets, PTSD and its diagnosis.

Re: Diane Finestein [Re: billybob] #4992401 02/25/14 11:26 PM
T
TF Panther Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
T
You really think you can be not eligible to purchase and still be able to posses? You can't. Which is why I am against Veterans being made the battleground on the mental health issue and forfeiting the very rights they have helped preserve and losing their ability to hunt or protect their homes, without ever being convicted of a crime.

Re: Diane Finestein [Re: TF Panther] #4992441 02/25/14 11:44 PM
T
TF Panther Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
T
It also dismays me that vets are the target, yet you can be a registered Communist who wears I hate America T Shirts and calls America and evil country or be a member of the Muslim Brotherhood living in the US giving speeches on evil America and be afforded all the rights the vet gave them while stripping him of his because he sought treatment for something that has been a by product of war since it's conception.
maybe I would have less of a problem with it if it was not given to us by people who have been attacking the 2nd Ammendment for 40 years. I am sure their intensions are sincere, hardly.

Re: Diane Finestein [Re: TF Panther] #4992491 02/26/14 12:08 AM
billybob Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
In the state of Tx a court order or an involuntary commitment to a mental health facility is required for it to be illegal for you to possess a weapon. To purchase you must NOT have been adjucated by a government agency as being a danger to yourself or others ot cannot manage your life without help. Problem is...you are totally unaware how the VA has rated you. The law really gets restrictive for you to carry or get a CHL.
And btw Feinstein has had nothing to due with the legislation Bill Clinton got passed or was passed by the Brady bill or Tx state statutes...her crap is still down the road.

Last edited by billybob; 02/26/14 12:14 AM.
Re: Diane Finestein [Re: billybob] #4992576 02/26/14 12:53 AM
S
Slow Drifter Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Actually, you will know how the VA rated you. They are required to provide due process rights saying a mental health specialist has found you incapable of managing your affairs. You have 60 days to request a personal hearing and present evidence that you are not incompetent. A field examination may be conducted at your residence. Only after the 60 days has expired can the final determination of incompetency be made. Some Veterans (no offense to anyone intended) file a claim, go to their exam, and exaggerate their symptoms to get a higher evaluation. The problem is, by exaggerating their symptoms to such severity they run the risk of being found incompetent by the VA because the doc said so.

Last edited by Slow Drifter; 02/26/14 12:58 AM.

"I have no idea what WW-III will be fought with, but WW-IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

A. Einstein

Re: Diane Finestein [Re: TF Panther] #4992700 02/26/14 01:57 AM
billybob Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
That's good to know. I personally would fight with the devil to keep weapons away from dangerous people whether they be military vets, or civilians and anyone who wouldn't is not helping the second amendment cause..just a few more Kris Kyles, Chad Littlefields or Virginia techs will give the Feinsteins of this country all they need.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide