Re: Shooting management bucks? [Re: tlk] #4988269 02/23/14 03:22 PM
A
AmoCuernos Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A
Originally Posted By: tlk
Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown
Did you read those qoutes? You said your self that your in the 1% of ranches that can change the genetics?
Read page 3 of this thread - I clearly stated that I am not saying we changed genetics - I am stating the facts of what we have done on our ranch and the results which have been dramatic - there are less mouths to feed and the mouths left feeding overall are a higher quality of deer due to intensive culling and management - I think we will continue the path we are on

Whats you deer density? Do you shoot spikes? 5 points or less?

Last edited by AmoCuernos; 02/23/14 03:22 PM.
Re: Shooting management bucks? [Re: AmoCuernos] #4988944 02/24/14 01:05 AM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: AmoCuernos
Did you read those qoutes? You said your self that your in the 1% of ranches that can change the genetics?
Read page 3 of this thread - I clearly stated that I am not saying we changed genetics - I am stating the facts of what we have done on our ranch and the results which have been dramatic - there are less mouths to feed and the mouths left feeding overall are a higher quality of deer due to intensive culling and management - I think we will continue the path we are on

How big is your high fenced ranch?

You can't fix stupid
Re: Shooting management bucks? [Re: BOBO the Clown] #4988954 02/24/14 01:11 AM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter

Please share your background? Biologist? Ranch manager? Breeder? Wildlife manager? Own a large ranch? Hunted South Texas for years? Just curious

You can't fix stupid
Re: Shooting management bucks? [Re: tlk] #4989034 02/24/14 01:51 AM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

Please share your background? Biologist? Ranch manager? Breeder? Wildlife manager? Own a large ranch? Hunted South Texas for years? Just curious

Own large ranch,

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Shooting management bucks? [Re: tlk] #4989058 02/24/14 01:58 AM
A
AmoCuernos Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A

little over 4k…

Last edited by AmoCuernos; 02/24/14 02:01 AM.
Re: Shooting management bucks? [Re: BOBO the Clown] #4989060 02/24/14 01:59 AM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter

Own large ranch,

Thanks just curious - HF or LF?

You can't fix stupid
Re: Shooting management bucks? [Re: AmoCuernos] #4989064 02/24/14 02:01 AM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
[quote=BOBO the Clown]Did you read those qoutes? You said your self that your in the 1% of ranches that can change the genetics?

Thanks - was not on your website as to the size - looks like a nice place

Thanks - your website did not say - looks like a nice place

You can't fix stupid
Re: Shooting management bucks? [Re: tlk] #4989071 02/24/14 02:03 AM
A
AmoCuernos Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A
It's on the 5th or 6th line of text on the home screen.

Thanks man. Appreciate it.

Re: Shooting management bucks? [Re: tlk] #4989077 02/24/14 02:04 AM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

You're saying the same thing I've said entire thread, yet you quote me on a thread about 99% of LF ranches in texas not having the ability to change their genetics. By reply you stated you are one of the 1% that can by stating you have under gone 7 years of culling which is in its infancy as far as ability to change genetics. So you didn't read the quotes.

Neither Amos or I are saying culling doesn't work to help grow big deer, it does just not for the reasoning of changing genetics. Its same basic principal of Carring capacity, ratio, and age restrictions on top end deer. Lower you are on carring capacity the more your able to gamble on deer another year, also more return on your feed bill per B/C inch.

Can culling influence genetics sure but you better have a very large ranch and lots of tags, a thirst for blood and decades before you see results.

There is a reason for importing and DMP pens

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

Re: Shooting management bucks? [Re: tlk] #4989082 02/24/14 02:06 AM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

Own large ranch,

Thanks just curious - HF or LF?

Both low fence,

Re: Shooting management bucks? [Re: AmoCuernos] #4989085 02/24/14 02:07 AM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

Do you sell hunts on the other one?

Re: Shooting management bucks? [Re: BOBO the Clown] #4989091 02/24/14 02:10 AM
A
AmoCuernos Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A

Do you sell hunts on the other one?

We leased it this year.

Re: Shooting management bucks? [Re: BOBO the Clown] #4989098 02/24/14 02:12 AM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter

You're saying the same thing I've said entire thread, yet you quote me on a thread about 99% of LF ranches in texas not having the ability to change their genetics. By reply you stated you are one of the 1% that can by stating you have under gone 7 years of culling which is in its infancy as far as ability to change genetics. So you didn't read the quotes.

Neither Amos or I are saying culling doesn't work to help grow big deer, it does just not for the reasoning of changing genetics. Its same basic principal of Carring capacity, ratio, and age restrictions on top end deer. Lower you are on carring capacity the more your able to gamble on deer another year, also more return on your feed bill per B/C inch.

Can culling influence genetics sure but you better have a very large ranch and lots of tags, a thirst for blood and decades before you see results.

You know what? You are clearly going to get the last word in no matter what - I have no problem with HF ranches - I owned one for 5 years. I simply referenced the experience we have had on a very large, South Texas, LF ranch that has produced some of the top deer in the state and I showed real results in pictures along with stating specifically what we have done the past 8 years and the huge improvement in the trophies we see and kill - simple as that. Thanks, best of luck in your endeavors, and I am moving on to other threads

Last edited by tlk; 02/24/14 02:14 AM.

You can't fix stupid
Re: Shooting management bucks? [Re: AmoCuernos] #4989105 02/24/14 02:14 AM
tlk Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Happy
THF Trophy Hunter

Sorry missed it on the site -

You can't fix stupid
Re: Shooting management bucks? [Re: tlk] #4989125 02/24/14 02:22 AM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

You know what? You are clearly going to get the last word in no matter what - I have no problem with HF ranches - I owned one for 5 years. I simply referenced the experience we have had on a very large, South Texas, LF ranch that has produced some of the top deer in the state and I showed real results in pictures along with stating specifically what we have done the past 8 years and the huge improvement in the trophies we see and kill - simple as that. Thanks, best of luck in your endeavors, and I am moving on to other threads

Wasn't trying to I just didn't understand why you qouted me on genetic, when it apparent now we are saying the same thing and actually agree confused2

Re: Shooting management bucks? [Re: BOBO the Clown] #4990617 02/24/14 11:54 PM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms

Wasn't trying to I just didn't understand why you qouted me on genetic, when it apparent now we are saying the same thing and actually agree confused2

Can't see the forest for the trees...

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide