Forums46
Topics538,954
Posts9,743,390
Members87,130
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: Beretta] #4821747 12/09/13 07:50 PM
L
lharrell79 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L
Originally Posted By: BerettaOnyx686
Originally Posted By: lharrell79
Originally Posted By: robbf213
I doubt seriously anti-gun groups have done more than the Yoyo's like this to push this new stance.

Is this guy hunting pastries? Why does he have the shotgun in the ready position?

He is guessing the pastries from the cops, we all know how they tear up a pastry shop. And why does it matter how he is carrying it?

Because it is illegal to display it in a manner that would create alarm. So again, why does he have the shotgun in the ready position? Is he hunting? Getting ready to defend himself?

Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: lharrell79] #4821770 12/09/13 07:56 PM
SirDuke Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Have u seen the crowds at starbucks

Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: lharrell79] #4821847 12/09/13 08:15 PM
B
Beretta Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
I doubt seriously anti-gun groups have done more than the Yoyo's like this to push this new stance.

Is this guy hunting pastries? Why does he have the shotgun in the ready position?

He is guessing the pastries from the cops, we all know how they tear up a pastry shop. And why does it matter how he is carrying it?

Because it is illegal to display it in a manner that would create alarm. So again, why does he have the shotgun in the ready position? Is he hunting? Getting ready to defend himself?

Please show me the law that defines what is displaying a weapon that would cause alarm... What you may think is alarming I might this is just fine.

Originally Posted By: Jeff Elder
Two kinds of people vote democrat. Rich people that don't have to work, and poor people who don't want to work.
Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: Beretta] #4821898 12/09/13 08:31 PM
L
lharrell79 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L
There is no law that defines what manner of displaying a weapon would create alarm.

Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: lharrell79] #4821937 12/09/13 08:45 PM
B
Beretta Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Didn't think so

Originally Posted By: Jeff Elder
Two kinds of people vote democrat. Rich people that don't have to work, and poor people who don't want to work.
Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: Beretta] #4822057 12/09/13 09:13 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

Please show me the law that defines what is displaying a weapon that would cause alarm... What you may think is alarming I might this is just fine.

If a citizen calls in with concerns because somebody is carry a weapon, it is because they are alarmed. It isn't the law, it is the individuals right to be concerned. You walk down my street, I will bet that one of the neighbors will call LEO on you. Actually probably more that 2 or 3 of them will call LEO.

It is their right and most likely LEO will be out there to ask you why. You can be whissing with the LEO or you can play nice, one way might get a free ride to Taylor County jail, the other will let you go ahead until the next citizen calls in.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: dogcatcher] #4822134 12/09/13 09:38 PM
W
Wool E. Booger Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W
Not trying to be a smart*ss, but what is "whissing" with the LEO, and why does the citizens right to be concerned outweigh anothers right to open carry a long gun? Not trying to be a richard, just want an honest answer from someone elses point of view?

Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: Wool E. Booger] #4837760 12/14/13 11:05 PM
F
Friction Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
F
Originally Posted By: Wool E. Booger
Not trying to be a smart*ss, but what is "whissing" with the LEO, and why does the citizens right to be concerned outweigh anothers right to open carry a long gun? Not trying to be a richard, just want an honest answer from someone elses point of view?

Apparently no one has the answer to your question. you're question adds a different perspective on the thread.

Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: Friction] #4838055 12/15/13 12:54 AM
W
Wool E. Booger Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W
Yeah, I gave up on an answer .....figured I must have asked a question I wasn't suppose to or something. Let me add that I am not a supporter of open carry by any means.

Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: dogcatcher] #4838068 12/15/13 01:01 AM
C
ct12555 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
C
Originally Posted By: dogcatcher

If a citizen calls in with concerns because somebody is carry a weapon, it is because they are alarmed. It isn't the law, it is the individuals right to be concerned. You walk down my street, I will bet that one of the neighbors will call LEO on you. Actually probably more that 2 or 3 of them will call LEO.

Good point!
It is their right and most likely LEO will be out there to ask you why. You can be whissing with the LEO or you can play nice, one way might get a free ride to Taylor County jail, the other will let you go ahead until the next citizen calls in.

Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: HWY_MAN] #4840056 12/15/13 11:35 PM
RKHarm24 Offline OP
sergeant
OP Offline
sergeant
Originally Posted By: HWY_MAN
Originally Posted By: Octopiston
The company's stance came about from events elsewhere. Starbucks stated in an article that "some anti-gun activists have also played a role in ratcheting up the rhetoric and friction." But thats right, its only the open carrier's fault.
I haven't seen one of these local long gun open carry rallies even mention starbucks. Have you?
Costco did the same thing a few years ago after a chl holder was shot by leo in one of their parking lots. All chl holders should be tarred and feathered!!! Jared's jewelry, CVS, and Chuck E Cheese also doen't want guns in their stores either. Is that due to open carry too?
Honestly, all this hullabaloo tells me that the anti-gun propaganda machine did its job very well.

In other news. Starbucks extended a no smoking zone of 25'. Smokers should be tarred and feathered!

We're I an officer and walked into that place and seen that, Mr. Bonehead would have been at gun point, Mr. Bonehead would have been on the ground, Mr. Bonehead would have been cuffed and Mr. Bonehead would have went to jail.

Disorderly Conduct

(8) displays a firearm or other deadly weapon in a public place in a manner calculated to alarm;

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/PE/htm/PE.42.htm

Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: RKHarm24] #4840087 12/15/13 11:48 PM
sig226fan (Rguns.com) Online Happy
duck & cover
Online Happy
duck & cover
I walked about 3 miles the other day carrying an AR, finally got a ride, from the first car that came by.... and she was cute cute cute.... was in suburban, found out gas gauge has quit, and doors don't lock well....... figured either carry it or give it away

Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: sig226fan (Rguns.com)] #4840217 12/16/13 12:25 AM
texretvet Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Why do those of you that bash the open carriers care if a law is passed against the open carry of long guns?

You're not going too do it anyway due to your fear of the right being taken away.

A right that you are afraid to practice is no right at all.

Free speech is a right. But if you never used it because you feared that if you did the government would take it away, well, then the right essentially doesn't exist.

Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: RKHarm24] #4840224 12/16/13 12:26 AM
F
Friction Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
F
Originally Posted By: RWH24
Originally Posted By: HWY_MAN

We're I an officer and walked into that place and seen that, Mr. Bonehead would have been at gun point, Mr. Bonehead would have been on the ground, Mr. Bonehead would have been cuffed and Mr. Bonehead would have went to jail.

Disorderly Conduct

(8) displays a firearm or other deadly weapon in a public place in a manner calculated to alarm;

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/PE/htm/PE.42.htm

Doesnt appear anyone is alarmed in the photo, is there something else he could be charged with? What we have here is a clear case hoplophobia.

Last edited by Friction; 12/16/13 12:30 AM.
Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: Friction] #4840279 12/16/13 12:38 AM
W
Wool E. Booger Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W
I agree, doesn't appear that anyone there is alarmed....and if they are, it's probably because of the price of coffee in those places. taz

Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: texretvet] #4844611 12/17/13 07:04 AM
C
cyphertext Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: texretvet
Why do those of you that bash the open carriers care if a law is passed against the open carry of long guns?

You're not going too do it anyway due to your fear of the right being taken away.

A right that you are afraid to practice is no right at all.

Free speech is a right. But if you never used it because you feared that if you did the government would take it away, well, then the right essentially doesn't exist.

Because a new law restricting open carry of long arms could have unintended consequences. Could affect how you carry one in your vehicle, could affect hunting on public lands and lakes, etc. Just because I don't agree with a bunch of yahoos that go to the Blue Mesa with their guns to "protest" (although I think intimidate does apply here) a group of 4 anti-gun women, doesn't mean that I am against open carry. However, even though open carry of long arms is legal, it is not customary in the urban areas. If you practice this right, you should expect interaction with the local PD.

I have lived in an open carry state where in rural settings, it was not an issue what so ever to carry openly. Once you went into the big city though, it was still legal, but not customary. The PD would be called, you would be asked to leave the property of the restaurant, mall, gas station, whatever... even though you could legally carry, you couldn't realistically carry in the urban centers. Same thing will happen here in Texas. With CHL, out of sight, out of mind. Open carry in Walmart and enough customers will complain and you will no longer be welcome to carry in Walmart. Your right to carry will not trump the property owner rights.

Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: Wool E. Booger] #4844613 12/17/13 07:07 AM
C
cyphertext Offline
Tracker
Tracker
C
I agree, doesn't appear that anyone there is alarmed....and if they are, it's probably because of the price of coffee in those places. taz

If I was there, I would be alarmed. I don't know said yahoo, and there is no reason why that shotgun should not be slung in that environment. Bolt is foward and closed, so I have to assume that shotgun is loaded. I wouldn't appreciate being muzzle swept while trying to buy a coffee and a muffin.

Last edited by cyphertext; 12/17/13 07:08 AM.
Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: cyphertext] #4845430 12/17/13 03:35 PM
L
lharrell79 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L
Originally Posted By: cyphertext

If I was there, I would be alarmed. I don't know said yahoo, and there is no reason why that shotgun should not be slung in that environment. Bolt is foward and closed, so I have to assume that shotgun is loaded. I wouldn't appreciate being muzzle swept while trying to buy a coffee and a muffin.

Agreed, if I came out of the bathroom, and saw this man standing in the front of the restaraunt with his shotgun "at the ready", I would be very alarmed. He looks like he's:

A. Bird hunting (in a restaraunt).
B. Getting ready to defend himself (in a restaraunt).
C. Getting ready to rob the restaraunt.

I'm still trying to figure out why he is in a coffee shop with his shotgun at the ready?

Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: lharrell79] #4846105 12/17/13 06:32 PM
W
Wool E. Booger Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W
A. Judging from the lack of alarmed patrons at the coffee shop, I gather this was a staged event.
B. He probably posed like that for the picture and wasn't carrying it around like that all the time.
C. He was most likely not the only one in the shop openly carrying a long gun.

With that said, under ordinary everyday circumstances, I too would be alarmed with a yahoo like this. I do not support open carry of any firearms, and am not suggesting that this is the best course of action to get a message across. I also however do not get worked up over one picture of an idiot in a coffe shop with a gun without knowing the rest of the story. It is not against the law to openly carry a long gun, and I do not support infringing on another's rights just because I disagree with them. LEO's that take an agressive stance with people that are breaking no laws are probably the same ones that will be coming to take your guns when/if the dumbocrats get their way and disarm American citizens. They will use the same old tired story that they are "just doing their job"...but like cool hand Luke said, "calling it your job, don't make it right boss". Just my 2cents

Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: RKHarm24] #4847607 12/18/13 03:33 AM
B
Brother in-law Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
This is a terrible staged "Kodak" moment of a nerd. Nobody is alarmed because he has probably been there all morning holding it and then somebody wanted a picture of it and he posed.

The photo clearly shows imo an alarming posture.

Im glad we can do things like this but we have to be smarter as gun owners about it

Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: RKHarm24] #4894671 01/07/14 10:17 PM
F
Friction Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
F

Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: Brother in-law] #4894747 01/07/14 10:41 PM
C
cdoan02 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: Brother in-law
This is a terrible staged "Kodak" moment of a nerd.

If by nerd, you mean deployed American soldier at a Starbucks in Kuwait... You'd be correct.

The man holding the shotgun in the picture we reference "is in the US Military, and for context, wanted to advise that this photo was taken in a Starbucks in Camp Arifjan, Kuwait in 2005."

http://practicaltacticalpodcast.com/starbucks/

Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: Friction] #4894749 01/07/14 10:42 PM
C
cdoan02 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C

Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: cdoan02] #4895019 01/08/14 12:44 AM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: cdoan02
Originally Posted By: Brother in-law
This is a terrible staged "Kodak" moment of a nerd.

If by nerd, you mean deployed American soldier at a Starbucks in Kuwait... You'd be correct.

The man holding the shotgun in the picture we reference "is in the US Military, and for context, wanted to advise that this photo was taken in a Starbucks in Camp Arifjan, Kuwait in 2005."

http://practicaltacticalpodcast.com/starbucks/

That explains it, a REMF. clap

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Civilians Who Carry Long Guns In Public Should Be Tarred And Feathered [Re: RKHarm24] #4895642 01/08/14 04:46 AM
Vurtle Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
Those of Open Carry Texas are carrying their rifles as a peaceful protest due to our states anti gun laws that violate our 2nd Amendment. The 2nd amendment does not state that the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed except for reasonable regulations. It is very clear what it says. You do have the right to carry whichever firearm you choose and how you wish to carry it and any state that infringes that right is in violation of the Bill of Rights. The supremacy clause guarantees that the 2nd amendment must be followed by all states and any law that restricts that right is null and void. (At some point someone will try to mention the 1833 Supreme Court) The Supreme Court's ruling of 1833 about the Bill of Rights was outside of its jurisdiction. The Supreme Court is suppose to provide interpretation of law and determine if any law violates the Constitution. They flat choose to ignore the supremacy clause when they made their ruling.

Citizens flat out lay down and let their states roll over them when it comes to their rights. Only a small few stand up for their rights and most of them try to do it in a peaceful way. Bully cops, ignorant cops, and some citizens try to oppress citizens from actually exercising their rights. Many surprisingly are gun owners.

You should not be worried about open carry laws becoming more restrictive because of these individuals participating in their right to bear arms. You should worry about the citizens who are willing to do nothing about an infringing government. You should be worried about the citizen who encourages other citizens to not partipate in their rights because they are afraid of what the government will do as a result of law abiding citizens participating in their god given rights. These rights are natural rights which no government should be allowed to take from you.

Regardless of ones opinion of open carry or concealed carry, all citizens have the right to do so how they wish. All private businesses who do not recieve government funding have the right to restrict firearms in their business and the right to ask someone to leave their property. Same thing for any private property. Any LEO that arrest someone for open carrying a firearm is wrong in his/her actions because they violated the right of that citizen. If the citizen has truly done something that violated the law, then that is different.

It is foolish to carry your weapon in the low ready position. Hands on the rifle and unslung or unholstered could definitely cause alarm for good reason. A holstered or slung weapon should not be a cause for alarm.

Also, nowhere does the constitution guarantee you the right to be free from fear or that you will be safe. The 2nd Amendment is the key. It gives you the ability to be safer and the oppurtunity to fear less.

'Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.'
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide