Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: beaversnipe] #4805499 12/04/13 04:38 PM
G
GigEmAggies Offline
Tracker
Tracker
G
when in doubt blame Duck Dynasty!

You guys are a joke!

They're not looking for one thing right....they're looking for one thing wrong.

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: GigEmAggies] #4805511 12/04/13 04:44 PM
garrett Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
your saying that the show has not brought more attention to the sport and added hunters?

Attention rickym, this is not a troll post, just a good hearted fun type of post
Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: dogcatcher] #4805513 12/04/13 04:44 PM
Y
Yassir Sanchez Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
Y
What I dont understand is that the show is actually ABOUT duck hunting the way that liberals are trying to make things better for everyone.

THere is hardly any duck hunting in the show at all.

*8th Generation Native Texan
*Kids are 9th Generation
*Grandson is 10th Generation
*Descendant of veterans of War of Yankee Aggression and War of Texas Indenpendence
Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: Yassir Sanchez] #4805695 12/04/13 05:43 PM
M
Merican Duck Hunter Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
Originally Posted By: Yassir Sanchez
What I dont understand is that the show is actually ABOUT duck hunting the way that liberals are trying to make things better for everyone.

THere is hardly any duck hunting in the show at all.

this

Arise.Kill.Eat -Acts 10:13
Originally Posted by Nathan Nelson
I have read a bunch of stuff on the internet about Star Wars but that does not mean I can skin a deer with a light saber.
Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: dogcatcher] #4805770 12/04/13 05:59 PM
D
DuckCommanderCowboy28 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
It's like this. I know bikers who blame the show Sons of Anarchy for the increase in so called "hardcore bikers" Which in reality are just weekend riders . It goes the same with some folks that watch American Hoggers [stupid program] But a few guys I know claim to be hardcore hog hunters now . Walking Dead increase of folks preparing for the end of the world and forming "zombie task forces" any way you look at it there is always going to be a following of these shows and people who think they can do what these folks are doing [ in their minds better ] . Buck commander is starting to get a following as well now even more with Luke Bryan an Jason Aldean joining the pro staff . DD really hardly ever shows the guys Duck Hunting . If anything you would think there would be more folks out there wanting to start their own reality show or be a comic . Same goes with the show " shipping Wars " I work for a large trailer company, I can not tell you how many guys come in every day or so wanting to buy a Gooseneck trailer or other large trailer because they say the are going to start "Hot shotting" or start going on the same website where those people do an start bidding to get on the show . My wife works at a large moving company an every week is getting calls from people wanting to come to their warehouse and film their own version of "Storage wars " It's going to be what it's going to be . 2cents

He that hath a beard is more than a youth, and he that hath no beard is less than a man.
[Linked Image]
Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: TxHunter96] #4805814 12/04/13 06:12 PM
P
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted By: TxHunter96
Originally Posted By: TXPride
I don't blame DD for the increase...I think it is more related to how uncool and expensive deer hunting has gotten.

People would much rather shoot wild flying ducks than pet deer under a feeder.

Then I question your sanity because as much fun as it is to call in and shoot ducks they taste like crap. Deer is good eating.

I work hard, drink a little and hunt when I can.
NRA Life Member
https://sofalasafaris.com/
Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: passthru] #4805852 12/04/13 06:23 PM
G
GigEmAggies Offline
Tracker
Tracker
G
Say what you want about the Duck Commander crew. But I have been a Phil Robertson fan for the past 15 years and as far as I can tell he hasn't changed one bit.

Watch the video below....I believe he is being sincere and they aren't doing this show JUST for the money. Don't get me wrong i'm sure they don't mind the extra millions but it sure seems like you guys are just trying to find someone to blame. This is a GREAT family with solid values. As a Christian I can really appreciate what they are doing.

I can guarantee 99.9% of you guys whining would JUMP at the opportunity to have someone come film you for millions of dollars.

Last edited by GigEmAggies; 12/04/13 06:26 PM.

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: GigEmAggies] #4805864 12/04/13 06:28 PM
G
GigEmAggies Offline
Tracker
Tracker
G
"It's all Duck Dynasty's fault I can't kill ducks!!!!"

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: passthru] #4805889 12/04/13 06:34 PM
H
huck18 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
H
Originally Posted By: passthru
Originally Posted By: TXPride
I don't blame DD for the increase...I think it is more related to how uncool and expensive deer hunting has gotten.

People would much rather shoot wild flying ducks than pet deer under a feeder.

Then I question your sanity because as much fun as it is to call in and shoot ducks they taste like crap. Deer is good eating.

You obviously don't know how to cook ducks.

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: huck18] #4806106 12/04/13 07:31 PM
G
geotro Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
G
I was in Academy and Bass Pro Shops on Black Friday. In both stores I witnessed newbies grabbing the triple threat by duck commander. Being the helpful guy that I am, I asked how long they've been duck hunting and everyone of them said it was their first season. Needless to say they walked out with the triple threat after I told them to get something with a single or double reed. I hope they have iron lungs.

2013/2014 official count
9 GWT 21 mal 6 pin 13 wid
12 gad 9 shov 13 red 1 Buffy
2 scaup 10 blacks 5 BWT
Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: geotro] #4806721 12/04/13 10:39 PM
T
TxHunter96 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
I agree with DCCowboy. I work in the saltwater aquarium business, and we get quite a few customers as a result of "Tanked" and "Fish Tank Kings". Entertainment media, especially television shows, is having a major influence on society. It's good for some, and bad for others.

I agree that the untrained new hunters need some guidance and mentoring, but until then, they're just flaring more birds my way.

Originally Posted By: aerangis
Any creature in my vicinity that possesses an explosive penis is going to be killed.
Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: TxHunter96] #4806737 12/04/13 10:44 PM
D
DuckCommanderCowboy28 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
I agree with DCCowboy. I work in the saltwater aquarium business, and we get quite a few customers as a result of "Tanked" and "Fish Tank Kings". Entertainment media, especially television shows, is having a major influence on society. It's good for some, and bad for others.

I agree that the untrained new hunters need some guidance and mentoring, but until then, they're just flaring more birds my way.

I know what you mean ! It also goes the same for "American Idol" and the "voice" how about "masterchef" or Hell's Kitchen ?? People wanting to sing gives real singers a bad taste im sure just like people wanting to cook gives good chefs a headache lol it could be the same as someone eating a bunch gaining weight just to be like the biggest loser ?? clap

He that hath a beard is more than a youth, and he that hath no beard is less than a man.
[Linked Image]
Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: DuckCommanderCowboy28] #4806767 12/04/13 10:53 PM
N
Navasot Offline
Hollywood
Hollywood
N
im just glad its some type of show at least involved with hunting getting big instead of a show that involves peta or ARA types

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: Navasot] #4806884 12/04/13 11:33 PM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
All proceeds of the show should go to charity

Now u are talking

www.TexasPondPoppers.com
Originally Posted by bill oxner
Loved my 4 inches. Well needed.

Hate Russians. Love happy endings. I saw snot fly. cheers

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: GigEmAggies] #4807068 12/05/13 12:22 AM
J
JRR Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
Originally Posted By: GigEmAggies
"It's all Duck Dynasty's fault I can't kill ducks!!!!"

Awesome, gotta blame somebody.

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: JRR] #4808065 12/05/13 05:50 AM
W
Wood Duck Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
W
Don't get me wrong. I have loved the DC crew for over 20 years. Long before Duck Dynasty or Duck Commander TV. I even have some original Duck-a-holic videos on VHS. I just think the show is grounded in family oriented, God focused fun and there are a lot of new folks in our past time than even a year ago.

More hunters is actually a good thing. More Federal Duck stamps, DU and Delta memberships and Texas licenses equate to $$$ for ducks. I just hate that our forum marginalizes new hunters and makes fun of them for trying to learn to do what we all love. Like Phil says, "Hunting makes you Happy, Happy, Happy!"

Id like to see more folks with a DC call sitting at the city park listening to ducks and honing their skills. Study the birds and learn to hunt like we all did at some point.

Press On!
Welcome to becoming a true Duck-a-Holic.

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: Wood Duck] #4808077 12/05/13 06:03 AM
C
Cajun Raider Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
Hats off to Phil Robertson. He is sincere in his beliefs and has helped introduce hunting to a lot more people. As Si would say "That's a fact Jack."

Don't talk the talk if you didn't walk the walk.
Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: Cajun Raider] #4808274 12/05/13 12:56 PM
T
TxHunter96 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
He built a multi-million dollar company from absolutely nothing. You've got to give him props for that.

Originally Posted By: aerangis
Any creature in my vicinity that possesses an explosive penis is going to be killed.
Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: TxHunter96] #4808309 12/05/13 01:20 PM
A
ARQuacker Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
A
I've known Mr. Phil since I was a kid going fishing with my grandfather down the river from his place. He's good people. A very astute businessman. He and Miss Kay have always treated my family with kindness and love.

I rarely watch DD but I've been a DC supporter for years. I still have my original DC wooden call and use it. Good for him and his family for living the American dream. Now if he can just keep the government's redistribution efforts away...

Alan

Green light. GO!
Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: ARQuacker] #4808421 12/05/13 02:10 PM
A
ArkansasTraveler Offline
Tracker
Tracker
A
I do blame DD for an increase in new hunters this year. It can be very frustrating to try and get away from them on the duck marsh when they are everywhere thick as flies. It kinda puts a damper on some mornings when you get a bad taste, but I bet if you were truly on the x, not just half a$$ on what you thought was the x, you will still shoot birds no matter who's around. Look at what Rob does every weekend, he tells you where he hunts and all but challenges you to come hunt beside him and kill a better strap than him. The "barnies" were there before DD, and will be there long after, just the way of the sport.

As far as helping them out, what would you do if someone pulled up in your spread and tried to mentor you after a hunt? What if they don't like your calling or your shooting? We have all had those hunts were the birds weren't working like we wanted to so we sky blasted a few times. I try to not make a habit of it, but I have been guilty of it just like you have! Just saying its hard to go teach a complete stranger how to duck hunt when you don't know how long he has done it or if he wants your help!

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: ArkansasTraveler] #4808453 12/05/13 02:19 PM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Its all about respect and who raised you to be a duckhunter

www.TexasPondPoppers.com
Loved my 4 inches. Well needed.

Hate Russians. Love happy endings. I saw snot fly. cheers

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: beaversnipe] #4808740 12/05/13 04:06 PM
N
NTX Waterfowl Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
N
I don't watch because it is incredibly staged but most of my students watch it and 99.9% of them have never hunted a day in their life and DD has not influenced them to.

That being said, I too get tired of the influence on culture and some of the inconsiderate jerks that do join our sport, though I can't say that is DD's fault. The Beave is right, respect and who taught that respect play the largest role in how someone conducts themselves in the outdoors. The original post by Wood Duck is refreshing, that he and others will take the time to assist and teach people the ethics of our sport is commendable.

We all want that hole to ourselves, but for those of us under 50, our hunting rights may be more threatened than we realize and with a continuously decreasing hunter recruitment, increasing land development, and increasing influence from loud and active minorities we face a real and active threat. I want my children to have the freedom to hunt and we must take steps now to achieve that. If you don't believe me, talk to someone from the north east that has hunted for 30 or 40 years and see how things have changed there.

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: beaversnipe] #4808747 12/05/13 04:09 PM
B
Bass_Bustin_Texan Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
B
Been watching their Duckmen VHS before I even started hunting. My cousin always hunted and gave me a video to watch. He said duck hunting was fun....this was early 90's.

I didn't have anyone to take me hunting. My father didn't hunt. I was a kid, I had no deer lease, no family land. So where did I set up my first hunt? Public land. Did I make a few mistakes? YES! I had to learn by trail and error. Internet wasn't around then with all the information. I bought a book at BPS and learned it from reading a real paper book. LOL!

Times have changed.

BTW back then, the lake I hunted, was full of knuckle heads....always has been and always will....way before DD. I still hunt the same water, I still see stupid people do stupid stuff. BUT I continue to go. I've chased the feathers all around NE Texas and now I'd just assume go close and out think the "stupid" people.

I've had spots to myself and enjoyed some of the best hunts....people discover it. (I need a silencer on my shotgun). I move on and deal with it.

Nothing is constant in nature. You have to stay flexible.

Last 2 years I hunted the spots I started hunting on 15 years ago and had the 2 best years ever....for being so close and easy. This year....haven't even killed a total limit. Can I blame DD, no, the ducks aren't here like they were last year. They are now using another place to winter. I keep going and hoping one day before the end of season they show back up.

I'm a public hunter and always been...I don't see myself forking over $4500 a year to be on a duck lease. I'll deal with the ups and downs. Duck hunter for life....not just one hunt! smile

Re: Thank you Duck Commander! [Re: Bass_Bustin_Texan] #4809228 12/05/13 06:52 PM
M
mikey1313 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
I don't understand why everyone says"there's not even that much duck hunting". The show is called duck dynasty not duck slayers. There a very wealthy family that enjoys hunting and living off the land... And make duck calls. This is only my third season duck hunting, I'm not an expert and rarely limit out but I haven't left the x without at least a few ducks for the frying pan. To whom ever it was that said they don't want to hunt, teach or trust the hunter to conserve with a DD sticker.... Well my Phil Robertson happy happy happy sticker sits slightly to the right of my ducks unlimited member sticker so I wouldn't want to hunt with you either so if you see my white dodge just keep on truckin and keep it between the ditches

Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back everything is different.

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide