Forums46
Topics538,050
Posts9,732,361
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: worst lease ever/what would you do [Re: BOBO the Clown] #464717 10/30/08 02:15 AM
M
mustafa Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
dang there sure is a lot of keyboard lawyers on this site. why not call the dogs here in dallas and see what they say?

Team Barbacoa Pro Staff.
Dallas Safari Club Life Member
Re: worst lease ever/what would you do [Re: BOBO the Clown] #464718 10/30/08 02:15 AM
S
Sabrinavonbach Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
This is why a contract is very important in the first place. It spells out everything forseeable in the first place. My point is that the lesse has recourse and under the law that recourse can be significant and to the landowners debit.

Re: worst lease ever/what would you do [Re: mustafa] #464719 10/30/08 02:26 AM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Quote:

dang there sure is a lot of keyboard lawyers on this site. why not call the dogs here in dallas and see what they say?

Those are the most expensive local calls ever made.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: worst lease ever/what would you do [Re: helomech] #464720 10/30/08 01:02 PM
K
kktjhahn Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
K
Well I am not shooting over or at anybody or suing anybody, Hell I am not even consulting anybody or asking for money back. We will probably slip in and get something without having to sit in a stand. I was simply upset because I am not able to have my 10 yr old see some deer from a stand and because of the cowboy traffic. Here is a solution, anybody know of any inexpensive day hunts for does or culls within 3 hrs of Lubbock. I don't mind paying for the boy to see some deer and get a shot. I will hunt the other place and if I get something great and if I don't oh well:)

'You can all go to hell. I'm going to Texas'
Re: worst lease ever/what would you do [Re: Sabrinavonbach] #464721 10/30/08 02:40 PM
B
Bonehead Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
"He regretted ever meeting me."

Truer words were never spoken!! I think some on here feel the same way!

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."..Dr.Suess
Re: worst lease ever/what would you do [Re: Bonehead] #464722 10/30/08 04:12 PM
C
cibolo Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
just about every ranch i've ever hunted has had a commercial cattle operation or oil production on it. for the most part the ranchers tried their best not to disturb the hunting but they made it understood that the cattle were a priority. i've set in many blinds and had trucks or ranchhands ride up on me and not realize i was sitting there. and i've had them spook deer, a very big one as a matter of fact. but that's what a working ranch is "working". some will be more accomidating than others,like pushing the herd into a different section and if your lucky there will be cattle traps built were when they are moving them the disruption will be minimal for the most part. but unless like stated above that you have it written in stone that all cattle operations must cease when you are on the property or that the rancher has certain day's he can work his cattle you will just have to get along best you can. but communication might help your situation and maybe this can be a really good situation for your boy's. get to know the cowboy's and see if they would be willing to let your boy's help them. your boy's may get a big kick out of it. and the ranchhands may be more willing to work with you once they know you. maybe they will do there checking during the middle of the day once it gets cooler. all is not lost,and maybe you don't get to see or harvest the type of game you were counting on, but you may be able to show your sons another type of outdoor activity wich built this state. i'm not saying i wouldn't be a little pissed off, but it maybe these cowboy's have day jobs more than likely and have to take care of a lot of country. maybe they can change up their rotation and check your place later in the day.

"Error of Opinion may be tolerated where Reason is left free to combat it." - Thomas Jefferson
"If we ever forget that we're one nation under GOD, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan
Re: worst lease ever/what would you do [Re: cibolo] #464723 10/30/08 04:50 PM
JohnWester Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Personally if he continues to show up and screw your hunt up I would shoot 8-10 of his cows and have them processed. Get a rope...

Re: worst lease ever/what would you do [Re: Bonehead] #464724 10/30/08 06:44 PM
txcornhusker Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Quote:

Quote:

LMAO!!

Re: worst lease ever/what would you do [Re: txcornhusker] #464725 10/30/08 06:46 PM
J
JCB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

LMAO!!

I'll drink to that!!!

Re: worst lease ever/what would you do [Re: JCB] #464726 10/30/08 11:52 PM
D
dustyh Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
First sorry for your problems, but to the rest of you who think taking the landowner to court will work, get real. Most ranches that lease out to hunting also are running cattle on the same property. All you are leasing is the hunting rights. If the landowner wants to drive through his property everyday that is his right as the landowner. I have never seen a hunting contract that gives the lessor absolute control of the property, only the hunting rights. I can assure you that I would never allow a lessor to have complete control over any property. If you want complete say in what goes on, buy you some land and be done with it. Otherwise talk to the landowner and see what you can agree to, but taking him to court isn't the answer.

Re: worst lease ever/what would you do [Re: dustyh] #464727 10/31/08 01:10 AM
S
Sabrinavonbach Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
That's simply not true. The law says that the lesse shall not be inhibited from enjoying the property for it's intended purposes. It's that simple. If a landowner interferes in a fashion of which reasonable people would feel is interference, then the issue is moot. The landowner loses. Again, it's why a contract is important.

Re: worst lease ever/what would you do [Re: JCB] #464728 10/31/08 01:12 AM
S
Sabrinavonbach Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S

You've never met me. Don't get that excited.

Re: worst lease ever/what would you do [Re: Sabrinavonbach] #464729 10/31/08 10:47 AM
D
Dave Davidson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
D
A couple of thoughts:

First, the law is a slippery slope and you aren't a voter in that County so you are hosed. Sorry Sabrina but that is reality.

Yes, I would talk to the owner and not the Broker. You have nothing to lose but I doubt that you will get anywhere.

I have seldom seen deer have a problem with working cattle. Heck, they get used to it. I doubt that there are any deer on the place. I also doubt that it is necessary to work cattle the way they are doing it when you are there. The whole deal stinks.

DogCatcher; You have classified all landowners as greedy, worthless, ruthless, land barons with no heart. Funny; I have never thought of myself that way.

Without a sense of urgency, nothing ever happens.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley, Rancher Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide