Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Obama and gun control [Re: Texpppr] #436093 10/06/08 11:35 PM
D
doubleH Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/nra_targets_obama.html

Ok, If a politician does not support the 2nd amendment we can always not elect them into office. But what if the NRA is wrong on this one and it is intentionally putting out false info about a candidate. What can we do about it? Do we (as citizen) want to protect the 2nd amendment at any cost?

Re: Obama and gun control [Re: KellyAsh] #436094 10/07/08 12:13 AM
D
DuckedBlind Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
this is straight from the barack obama website

Address Gun Violence in Cities: As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn't have them. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets.

well if he gets elected looks like gun shows are a thing of the past and so are "assault weapons".....

Re: Obama and gun control [Re: KellyAsh] #436095 10/07/08 12:23 AM
S
Sabrinavonbach Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
S
You sir are brilliant. Daniel Moynihan proposed ammunition bans during the Klinton adminstration. Their midterm congressional losses made this impractical. I agree, this is what they will do. Make ammunition and its components very very expensive.

Re: Obama and gun control [Re: Texpppr] #436096 10/07/08 12:59 AM
U
uthornfan Offline
Tracker
Tracker
U
Quote:

Why are these people so against honest hard working people having guns for hunting and home defense? We are not the ones who commit crimes with firearms or anything else on a large scale like some of their inner city constiuents.

You have it wrong. All guns are evil and if we just ban them, all crime will go away.

Re: Obama and gun control [Re: uthornfan] #436097 10/07/08 01:23 AM
K
KellyAsh Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
K
These guys are funny. I actually thought they might be for real. uthornfan gave it away though.

In case doubleH is serious, I have two main problems with Obama.

First is his opposition to me protecting my family from violent criminals. There aren't enough cops to protect everyone. It's up to me and this guy is now telling me I have to do it with a cumbersome rifle or a knife but the bad guys get to use easily concealable handguns?!?!?! No thanks.

The second is Obama does not want Americas population to defend ourselves...against them or anyone else. Now that sounds like a setup if I've ever heard it. Why do you think our founding fathers made this topic the 2nd Ammentment and not the 5th or 10th. It either came second in the conversation or they thought it was important enough to be #2 on the list. Either way it's a testament to it's importance to America's continued survival.

Re: Obama and gun control [Re: KellyAsh] #436098 10/07/08 01:34 AM
D
doubleH Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
this is straight from the barack obama website

Address Gun Violence in Cities: As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade.

Link to this article please?

Re: Obama and gun control [Re: doubleH] #436099 10/07/08 01:48 AM
D
DuckedBlind Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D

Re: Obama and gun control [Re: KellyAsh] #436100 10/07/08 02:22 AM
11BSquadScoutSniper Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Ill tell you this, let them come and take my weapons if they think theyre brave enough. I fought for our constitution and have lost friends that died for our rights including the 2nd amendment and will be darned if some Arab/African Demo is going to strip the rights American soldiers have fought and died for over the last century. If they unlawfully step on my land trying to take whats rightfully and consitutionally mine Ill start wispering in their ear from 1600 meters. Come and get em is all I have to say, Ill be waiting next to my .50 and Ak among other goodies!

Last edited by 11BSquadScoutSniper; 10/07/08 02:49 AM.
Re: Obama and gun control [Re: doubleH] #436101 10/07/08 02:24 AM
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Quote:

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/nra_targets_obama.html

Ok, If a politician does not support the 2nd amendment we can always not elect them into office. But what if the NRA is wrong on this one and it is intentionally putting out false info about a candidate. What can we do about it? Do we (as citizen) want to protect the 2nd amendment at any cost?

Yes we DO. This country was Born of Revolution, Revolution brings change. Push a countrys people to far and we will band together and stand against tyrany in government.

Last edited by 11BSquadScoutSniper; 10/07/08 02:28 AM.
Re: Obama and gun control [Re: doubleH] #436102 10/07/08 02:36 AM
K
KellyAsh Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
K
doubleH, do you really believe that Obama's ideas on this are valid? How do you explain someone who says they are for an idea yet maintain a position contrary to that very idea?

Is personal protection for ALL American's or is it only for those who can afford bodyguards?

Speak up! Speak your mind! Validate yourself! Better yet, tell us you're playing around to get a rise out of the controversy, because right now, you look foolish and ignorant, although I'm sure you're neither.

Re: Obama and gun control [Re: 11BSquadScoutSniper] #436103 10/07/08 02:42 AM
D
DuckedBlind Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
Quote:

Ill tell you this, let them come and take my weapons if they think theyre brave enough. I fought for our constitution and have lost friends that died for our rights including the 2nd amendment and will be darned if some Arab/African Demo is going to strip the rights American soldiers have fought and died for over the last century. If they step on my land trying to take whats rightfully and consitutionally mine Ill start wispering in their ear from 1600 meters. Come and get em is all I have to say.

+1 i couldnt have said it better myself

Re: Obama and gun control [Re: DuckedBlind] #436104 10/07/08 02:45 AM
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Quote:

Quote:

Ill tell you this, let them come and take my weapons if they think theyre brave enough. I fought for our constitution and have lost friends that died for our rights including the 2nd amendment and will be darned if some Arab/African Demo is going to strip the rights American soldiers have fought and died for over the last century. If they step on my land trying to take whats rightfully and consitutionally mine Ill start wispering in their ear from 1600 meters. Come and get em is all I have to say.

+1 i couldnt have said it better myself

Anyone that supports what we fight and die for daily is a friend of mine. If SHTF u and urs are more than welcome at my place. Just Bring ammo and plenty of it. lol

Re: Obama and gun control [Re: 11BSquadScoutSniper] #436105 10/07/08 03:01 AM
U
uthornfan Offline
Tracker
Tracker
U
Quote:

Ill tell you this, let them come and take my weapons if they think theyre brave enough. I fought for our constitution and have lost friends that died for our rights including the 2nd amendment and will be darned if some Arab/African Demo is going to strip the rights American soldiers have fought and died for over the last century. If they unlawfully step on my land trying to take whats rightfully and consitutionally mine Ill start wispering in their ear from 1600 meters. Come and get em is all I have to say, Ill be waiting next to my .50 and Ak among other goodies!

This has nothing to do with this thread, but thank you for serving our country. I thank everyone who is brave enough to serve every chance I get. If anyone else reading this is a veteran, thank you very, very much.

Re: Obama and gun control [Re: uthornfan] #436106 10/07/08 03:14 AM
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Quote:

Quote:

This has nothing to do with this thread, but thank you for serving our country. I thank everyone who is brave enough to serve every chance I get. If anyone else reading this is a veteran, thank you very, very much.

IT SURE AS HECK HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THIS ISSUE. OBAMA WISHES TO IMPOSE A PERMANENT BAN ON ASSAULT RIFLES. WELL IF HE WANTS MINE SO BAD HE'LL HAVE TO COME GET IT. SORRY I JUST REALISED CAPS LOCK WAS ON

Last edited by 11BSquadScoutSniper; 10/07/08 03:15 AM.
Re: Obama and gun control [Re: 11BSquadScoutSniper] #436107 10/07/08 05:58 AM
O
onimo Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
O
i really really hope all of the ignorant people who are supporting NObama blindly, all forgot to register to vote! everyone ive asked(why are u voting for NObama?)has given the dumbest answers if even a answer at all! the best answer ive heard was my co-worker who couldnt give me an answer he just said he didnt want 4 more yrs of bush! and his response when i said(hes mccain! not bush!)was "i just love abortions!" thats a classic obama voter! dumb a$$ mother f^(#ers should all be shot at 1600meters from 11bSquadScoutSnipers .50BMG!

Re: Obama and gun control [Re: 11BSquadScoutSniper] #436108 10/07/08 10:07 AM
M
Miss.300WeatherbyMagnum Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
M
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

IT SURE AS HECK HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THIS ISSUE. OBAMA WISHES TO IMPOSE A PERMANENT BAN ON ASSAULT RIFLES. WELL IF HE WANTS MINE SO BAD HE'LL HAVE TO COME GET IT. SORRY I JUST REALISED CAPS LOCK WAS ON

If Obama's mouth is moving, he's lying...period. It is not coincidence that he associates with unsavory men. I have a small arsenal and 'welcome' Obama to TRY and confiscate them.

I wish someone would bring him up on charges for the money he's 'taken' and do it during one of the debates. There perhaps are many who question what the NRA stands for but as a LIFE member, I emplore everyone to join the organization AND donate or get involved in the McCain Campaign.

We all know that there will be cheating at the polls so please vote responsibly and get the word out to everyone you encounter from now till Nov. 4th.

Our freedom depends on it

Re: Obama and gun control [Re: 11BSquadScoutSniper] #436109 10/07/08 11:56 AM
S
Sabrinavonbach Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
S
Once again look at the California laws. The anti-gunners use California as a test bed. With assault weapons, they won't grab them, they'll just outlaw them and make you a criminal by fiat. Then they'll do a few search and seizures and then make some examples. Also look at the Cali lead bans on bullets. The anti's now know it's better to slowly boil the frog by turning up the heat gradually.

Re: Obama and gun control [Re: Sabrinavonbach] #436110 10/07/08 12:30 PM
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Quote:

Once again look at the California laws. The anti-gunners use California as a test bed. With assault weapons, they won't grab them, they'll just outlaw them and make you a criminal by fiat. Then they'll do a few search and seizures and then make some examples. Also look at the Cali lead bans on bullets. The anti's now know it's better to slowly boil the frog by turning up the heat gradually.

All I will say is this, I know what the constitution states and I also know what it allows me to do if my rights the four fathers gave me are trampled. The Anti's can change whatever the he!! they want, but just because they pass an unlawfull law it doesnt make the law lawfull. Anyone that tries to uphold an unlawful law against an American is at that point an Anti-American. This countrys politicians have slowly eroded away our good peoples rights, I for one am done bending over. I said it once and Ill say it again, I am no criminal, I am a law abiding and contributing member of this country. I dont care what alphabet orginization is sent by our politicians to steal what is ours. When it comes to my rights I am ready to stand and fear no evil for I walk with the lord. So it will be a sad sad day for any that try to come to my home and dishonor my fallen brothers by wetting on my great countrys constitution that they died to uphold. I made a decision and swore under god that I would protect this great country from enemys FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC. Dont take this wrong, I mean and wish no harm apon anyone and have no intention on harming anyone that is not out to harm me. But I am a patriot in every sense of the word, I would walk through hell with an M4 for my country as I love it here. But I will die for my rights as so many have died for them already.

Re: Obama and gun control [Re: 11BSquadScoutSniper] #436111 10/07/08 02:31 PM
K
KellyAsh Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
K
I'm right there with you 11BScoutSniper!, I'm a vet also, (11M&B2P) and I'm just waiting for the STHF around Dallas. I'm not nearly as concerned about the gov't trying to take my guns as I am about some weather related emergency, and the anarchy that can create, or terrorist attack forcing me into a tactical posture.

Uncle Sam has no idea of how many guns I have, if any, nor what kind they are. One of the first steps in the gov't seizure scenario, as applied to the US today, is for them to figure out who has what and that means arms registration. If you see this, then you have an immenent threat. Right now, it's still just bickering and posturing, for the most part but that's about to change real quick.

I also believe that our biggest problem with our current gov't is the electoral college system. It's happened more than once, most recently in my memory, is when Al Gore was running for pres. IF the popular vote had been respected, AL Gore would have been our president. Be it for better or worse, that was our vote and that's what should've counted. Instead, we've got other greedy liars casting our votes for us, whether we like it or not.

If I could turn the presidential popular vote's value into money. With it's value today, I could barely afford a hot cup of jack sh!t.

It truly is a modern day taxation without representation.

Oh yeah, I'm still waiting on doubleH to respond and defend his position...dumb@ss

Re: Obama and gun control [Re: 11BSquadScoutSniper] #436112 10/07/08 02:37 PM
O
onimo Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
O
Quote:

Quote:

All I will say is this, I know what the constitution states and I also know what it allows me to do if my rights the four fathers gave me are trampled. The Anti's can change whatever the he!! they want, but just because they pass an unlawfull law it doesnt make the law lawfull. Anyone that tries to uphold an unlawful law against an American is at that point an Anti-American. This countrys politicians have slowly eroded away our good peoples rights, I for one am done bending over. I said it once and Ill say it again, I am no criminal, I am a law abiding and contributing member of this country. I dont care what alphabet orginization is sent by our politicians to steal what is ours. When it comes to my rights I am ready to stand and fear no evil for I walk with the lord. So it will be a sad sad day for any that try to come to my home and dishonor my fallen brothers by wetting on my great countrys constitution that they died to uphold. I made a decision and swore under god that I would protect this great country from enemys FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC. Dont take this wrong, I mean and wish no harm apon anyone and have no intention on harming anyone that is not out to harm me. But I am a patriot in every sense of the word, I would walk through hell with an M4 for my country as I love it here. But I will die for my rights as so many have died for them already.

+1, WELL SAID!

Re: Obama and gun control [Re: KellyAsh] #436113 10/07/08 02:39 PM
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
KELLYASH, I take it you followed the louisiana story of arms confiscated. Ill tell you what, Congress ruled the sheriffes confiscation policy as unlawful and in direct violation of our rights. With that said, IF that scenario occured again I would first warn the person/official at my door to leave peacefully or rest peacefully there choice.

Re: Obama and gun control [Re: 11BSquadScoutSniper] #436114 10/07/08 02:45 PM
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud

Re: Obama and gun control [Re: 11BSquadScoutSniper] #436115 10/07/08 02:55 PM
K
KellyAsh Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
K
LOL, yeah, that's the kind of situation I'm prepared for and worried about. My only problem is, I am willing to shoot and move, but all my friends have families and houses they would want to stay in and defend till the death. I'll end up a guerilla living in the woods before I try and fight an overwhelming force. I can do MUCH more good alive than dead. I look at what I'd die for as this country, this state, this city, or even this neighborhood, but I don't think defending one house is a winning strategy. We, as neighborhoods would need to organize and defend large areas. The larger the better. Look at what we do when insurgence hole up on us...we blow the living bejeezers out of whatever they are hiding in. If our fears come to fruition, guess who the newest batch of "insurgents" will be, that's right, you and me and every other patriot out there. Just call me Red Dawn!!! Hahahahaha

Re: Obama and gun control [Re: KellyAsh] #436116 10/07/08 03:41 PM
krs_2007 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
wolverines to the end.

And I would like to say Thank You to all that served. I tried but could not pass the physical, even tried it 2 times. I fully respect you all.

"Hard work is the price we must pay for success, I think you can accomplish anything if your willing to pay the price." ~ Vince Lombardi
Re: Obama and gun control [Re: KellyAsh] #436117 10/07/08 04:08 PM
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Quote:

LOL, yeah, that's the kind of situation I'm prepared for and worried about. My only problem is, I am willing to shoot and move, but all my friends have families and houses they would want to stay in and defend till the death. I'll end up a guerilla living in the woods before I try and fight an overwhelming force. I can do MUCH more good alive than dead. I look at what I'd die for as this country, this state, this city, or even this neighborhood, but I don't think defending one house is a winning strategy. We, as neighborhoods would need to organize and defend large areas. The larger the better. Look at what we do when insurgence hole up on us...we blow the living bejeezers out of whatever they are hiding in. If our fears come to fruition, guess who the newest batch of "insurgents" will be, that's right, you and me and every other patriot out there. Just call me Red Dawn!!! Hahahahaha

Could never and would never happen, American military cannot organize against its own people under any circumstance. but believe me, As Americans we are not as scared to stand as our Govt. would like to think. Entire citys would rise, The politician in charge would quickly be impeached before to much blood is shed. The American people do not tolerate spilt American blood.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide