Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Waterfowl Paradise [Re: Gacman] #4093151 03/01/13 11:50 PM
#
#Hayraker Offline
Chihuahua
Chihuahua
#
I would never spend 3 grand to hunt anything. Well maybe a monkey.

#sigline
Re: Waterfowl Paradise [Re: Gacman] #4093200 03/02/13 12:10 AM
Q
Quack boy1 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
Q
I don't mean to sound like a jerk but ski bum seems like a prick how are you going to back up a criminal that's what slemp is

Loving gods great outdoors!
Re: Waterfowl Paradise [Re: #Hayraker] #4093278 03/02/13 12:53 AM
I
ishootspoonies Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
I
Originally Posted By: Hayraker
Originally Posted By: Marcstar
You guys are still talking about this crap? How many threads and posts have been spent on this? A wise man once told Garrett who then told me when speaking of outfitters...."They're all a bunch of crooks". And now that you have read it on the internet...well it's true.

I've had good experiences with just about all the guides and outfitters I've ever used. Of course I'm also better looking and have better luck than just about everyone on here.
how many threads are you going to post on Marc?

Beat me to it

Originally Posted By: RoosterCogburn13
I like spoonie, his humor is dryer than my duck lease.
Re: Waterfowl Paradise [Re: #Hayraker] #4093306 03/02/13 01:03 AM
T
Trout-killer Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
I would never spend 3 grand to hunt anything. Well maybe a monkey.

I would for a komodo dragon hunt. That would be sweet! Not from slemp though...I'd actually want a chance a killing one

Re: Waterfowl Paradise [Re: Trout-killer] #4093357 03/02/13 01:26 AM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
There is probably this type of drama with every hunting club. I think these work days, guys that put in the work should probably be rewarded with some of the better spots on open day, but the guys that did not put in the work, they should have places to hunt as well, otherwise that is BS, poor planning. Seems obvious to me he sold too many memberships given the amount of huntable water. If he would have not sold so many memberships, it would have probably worked fine.

Thought I would get in before the lock. grin

Re: Waterfowl Paradise [Re: Guy] #4093457 03/02/13 02:21 AM
E
easton1025 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
E
Originally Posted By: Guy
There is probably this type of drama with every hunting club. I think these work days, guys that put in the work should probably be rewarded with some of the better spots on open day, but the guys that did not put in the work, they should have places to hunt as well, otherwise that is BS, poor planning. Seems obvious to me he sold too many memberships given the amount of huntable water. If he would have not sold so many memberships, it would have probably worked fine.

..Wonder if he is related to a guy named Allan....LMAO...

Re: Waterfowl Paradise [Re: easton1025] #4093472 03/02/13 02:29 AM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: easton1025

At least we only paid a $1k, one duck club was enough for me. grin

Re: Waterfowl Paradise [Re: skibum01] #4093582 03/02/13 03:29 AM
H
hoof n wings Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Sounds like Slemp has a new handle! How would a member of the club know the name/background on another member???

Originally Posted By: skibum01
One my second hunt of teal season Mr. Cobra7 and another small party was setup in my assigned duck blind hours before shooting
After Cobra7 has placed a lawsuit on Chris I found out that this guys in on disability due to work related injuries. If this is true how can a guy afford to duck hunt, shoot a shotgun, and place/pickup decoys in soggy terrain. Maybe folks should ask this guy a few questions about his ethics. I know we do not want him apart of our club. In fact there are some members that are very happy with the club. I have not known Chris and WPHC for a full year, but I was happy with my experience.

Lets jump to a new topic on Chris canceling the San Antonio Delta Waterfowl Chapter..... The person not happy with Chris's reasons and cried to DW and the hunt was refunded. Later that day Dave called Chris for an explanation and Chris laid it out, the action winner was not happy about how I setup the hunt , but he can still schedule the hunt and I will let him know the location the day before. Then Dave when ranting on about how he had a bad season on the WPHC grounds. This was 100% the fault of the hunter. Chris sent this guy to great ponds, but I believe a lack of hunting knowledge on Dave's part is why he produced few birds. I personally have killed good birds on the same ground he hunted, and I am no pro that's for sure. This guy Dave has also sat at the camp watching football all day while others prepared meals for that night. Dave's group ate our food that members paid for, then did make offers to help clean dishes. They could have at least gone scout their hunting locations. Chris had to sit on the phone at 11pm or 4am guiding this group and many others to blinds because they will not put in the time to prepare. Some people just do not deserve to be apart of the great sport of hunting.

To address the water issues on the WPHC grounds:
Yes there were water issues and farmers that did not cut rice until well into the season. The LCRA shut down water flow due to the drought. Its not a good thing but out of the control of Chris. I "one one the few that worked every weekend" was put on a dry hole once because a levee ruptured. Did Chris know about this before he sent us there? I would hope not because karma is not good. The rest of the season I was invited on great goose hunts and did well with the ducks, but lets face it this year really sucked compared to some past seasons.

Chris Slemp provides a place where I can afford to hunt on the Texas prairie, unlike many other over priced leases or outfits (but that is just supply and demand). The members of the club that show up and contribute always have a great time and we look forward to next year. If you are a like minded group or individual that does not mind a little perpetration before the season starts, give Chris a call and he will be happy to show you around the area. And by the way Mr. David Pruitt is a great guy, folks should not bash on people that you do not know.

If you have a problem with Chris, go to his house and talk to the guy. Those who smear others on a forum is unlikely to confront him in person, just saying you cowards. If you need to speak with a club member directly send me a PM and we can arrange a discussion in person. We are getting ready for the 2013-2014 season by prepping the dove fields and building blinds. You should come out if interested in the club. Otherwise keep your nonfactual comments off the forum, have a little respect for yourself. Karma is real.

Good Day

Originally Posted by ImTheReasonDovesMourn
I'd ask him if he's pregnant. He missed a s__tload of periods.

Originally Posted by Hancock
I'll take "things that look like a uterus" for $200 Alex.
Re: Waterfowl Paradise [Re: c.leaman] #4093597 03/02/13 03:33 AM
H
hoof n wings Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Ouch, I bet that hurts! bolt
Originally Posted By: c.leaman
He most likely over sold leases to try and make money and got his tit caught in the ringer.

Re: Waterfowl Paradise [Re: hoof n wings] #4093605 03/02/13 03:38 AM
T
txbowhunt7 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
I'd have to agree that this is slemp himself. Grammar is still bad, just more periods and commas this time. I guess he took some advice on how to write properly. Where are you to to comment back on everything ski bunny?

Re: Waterfowl Paradise [Re: txbowhunt7] #4093672 03/02/13 04:11 AM
C
Cobra7 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
C
Yep. No one else knew about my disability.

Re: Waterfowl Paradise [Re: txbowhunt7] #4093794 03/02/13 05:25 AM
Q
Quack boy1 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
Q
Originally Posted By: txbowhunt7
I'd have to agree that this is slemp himself. Grammar is still bad, just more periods and commas this time. I guess he took some advice on how to write properly. Where are you to to comment back on everything ski bunny?

I called that one at the get go

Loving gods great outdoors!
Re: Waterfowl Paradise [Re: Guy] #4093826 03/02/13 06:04 AM
E
easton1025 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
E
Originally Posted By: easton1025

At least we only paid a $1k, one duck club was enough for me. grin
..Well you got a deal then...SOME OTHERS paid 1500...LOL

Re: Waterfowl Paradise [Re: easton1025] #4094163 03/02/13 02:39 PM
K
kindall Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
K
I have been on a membership duck lease, and did not have any problems. We helped some with blinds, but not every work weekend. When we called and asked for spots, our phone calls were returned. Before the season it was known that LRC was not letting the farmers get water. The outfitter had planned ahead and our ponds had water wells. So water was not a problem.

I guess you can already tell I didn't lease from Slemp.

Shopping with your husband is like hunting with the game warden.
Experience is what you get, when you didn't get what you wanted.

Re: Waterfowl Paradise [Re: #Hayraker] #4094207 03/02/13 03:03 PM
M
Marcstar Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Originally Posted By: Marcstar
You guys are still talking about this crap? How many threads and posts have been spent on this? A wise man once told Garrett who then told me when speaking of outfitters...."They're all a bunch of crooks". And now that you have read it on the internet...well it's true.

I've had good experiences with just about all the guides and outfitters I've ever used. Of course I'm also better looking and have better luck than just about everyone on here.
how many threads are you going to post on Marc?

Probably like 2 a day...mostly weekdays. 99% garbage posts with no useful content. I guess I'm just lazy like that.

Originally Posted By: wal1809
Dear Lord please bullwhip me for saying this but I agree, Marcstar is in the lead. Please nobody use this as a quote!!!
Re: Waterfowl Paradise [Re: Marcstar] #4094400 03/02/13 04:28 PM
A
assassinator Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
A
popcorn

Re: Waterfowl Paradise [Re: assassinator] #4094421 03/02/13 04:36 PM
R
Ramball36 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
I bet that popcorn is a little stale

Re: Waterfowl Paradise [Re: Ramball36] #4094480 03/02/13 05:01 PM
#
#Hayraker Offline
Chihuahua
Chihuahua
#
Shut your mouth about that popcorn

#sigline
Re: Waterfowl Paradise [Re: #Hayraker] #4095519 03/03/13 03:04 AM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Just get your own layoutblind, j

www.TexasPondPoppers.com
Originally Posted by bill oxner
Loved my 4 inches. Well needed.

Hate Russians. Love happy endings. I saw snot fly. cheers

Re: Waterfowl Paradise [Re: beaversnipe] #4102364 03/06/13 12:50 AM
H
hoof n wings Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
I thought slemp had blind building days cheers
Originally Posted By: beaversnipe
Just get your own layoutblind, j

Re: Waterfowl Paradise [Re: hoof n wings] #4103352 03/06/13 12:28 PM
B
BMowatt Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
wow,,4 pages and growing

Re: Waterfowl Paradise [Re: BMowatt] #4103603 03/06/13 02:46 PM
S
Skybuster05 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
I've yet to find a private club trying to get rich that was worth going back too. I didnt have a good experience on on the prairie either.

Re: Waterfowl Paradise [Re: Skybuster05] #4208369 04/24/13 04:11 AM
D
Dakotahunter Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
D
My party also got a raw deal from Slemp. A previous post most likely from Slemp states that he didn't give good spots because my party didn't help with blinds. There was never anything mentioned or requirement to do so. We paid over 3k and I think we can sit around and watch football after we hunted or rather watched the sunrise. Our party had 1 new hunter and 2 teenage kids just to make the entire thing worse. Also we did eat the food at the house because we were told that it was included for the night stay. Actually we were promised food and lodging for $50 per person, which we paid for a dirty house with dirty sheets and usually dog crap and pee on the floor. The scouting attempts we made left us to find several dry ponds or very little water. I've hunted ducks longer than he has been alive. We actually shot more ducks on the coast the last 2 weekends of the season than we did the 6 or 7 trips we made to Eagle Lake.
I also experienced the same frustrating communication problems as most on this board. There are not that many duck hunters and word travels fast.

Re: Waterfowl Paradise [Re: Youngin'] #4208455 04/24/13 05:07 AM
B
beaversnipe Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Greed...its contageous

www.TexasPondPoppers.com
Loved my 4 inches. Well needed.

Hate Russians. Love happy endings. I saw snot fly. cheers