Texas Hunting Forum

Waterfowl Paradise

Posted By: Cobra7

Waterfowl Paradise - 02/16/13 03:48 PM

This is what everyone needs to do. Go to Attorney General of Texas website and click Consumer Protection tab at top. Hit file a complaint and fill everything out and then tell your story. He is already being investigated for fraud by this office. He had a chance to make it right with me yesterday in mediation court and he let his ego get in the way of things. He stole our money and leased Double R's land for himself, his friends and his day hunters and left us with crap.
Posted By: wcbillcollector

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 02/16/13 04:05 PM

I can hear the nails in the coffin being hammered in........You know what i don't get...with all the stories surrounding this guy I have yet to see 1 post from him or his crew explaining his side of the story. You would think in the "social media age" that we live in he would make an attempt to try to salvage his reputation or at least defend name. I mean the guy is on FB and has a website he's not totally internet illiterate. You would figure he's got to be reading these posts?????

T

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 02/16/13 04:53 PM

The problem is he actually thinks he did nothing wrong. That's the scary part.
Posted By: Tvilbig

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 02/16/13 05:02 PM

I think that's the only way people can live with themselves when they screw people for a living. They form a twisted reality where what they do is ok and a lot of times they think they are doing you a service.
Posted By: Cole P

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 02/16/13 05:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Tvilbig
I think that's the only way people can live with themselves when they screw people for a living. They form a twisted reality where what they do is ok and a lot of times they think they are doing you a service.

Originally Posted By: Cobra7
The problem is he actually thinks he did nothing wrong. That's the scary part.

I think he knows exactly what he's doing. Has gotten away with it in the past and by default thinks he will get away with it as much as he wants in the future. That's where he's wrong; his days are numbered.
Posted By: deckhand

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 02/16/13 06:45 PM

Sorry but I think I am missing the beginning of this story. Link?
Posted By: RayB

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 02/16/13 06:59 PM

Originally Posted By: deckhand
Sorry but I think I am missing the beginning of this story. Link?

Go to the I almost got slemped thread, there's another one where a bunch of guys paid to be in a hunt club and he kept the money but had no places to hunt.
Posted By: Ridn9high

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 02/16/13 08:10 PM

Go to his facebook page. He's a pretty big deal in the waterfowl community lol

Posted By: Fastduck

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 02/16/13 09:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Cole P

I think he knows exactly what he's doing. Has gotten away with it in the past and by default thinks he will get away with it as much as he wants in the future. That's where he's wrong; his days are numbered.

For someone to drive around with a complete custom wrap on their truck would either mean huge ego or brain disorder. In this case I can see some of both. He's too full of himself to see it anyway but his, and the brain disorder keeps him from caring.
Posted By: Jeff Elder

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 02/16/13 10:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Fastduck

For someone to drive around with a complete custom wrap on their truck would either mean huge ego or brain disorder. In this case I can see some of both. He's too full of himself to see it anyway but his, and the brain disorder keeps him from caring.

Couldn't agree with you more on DB with wrapped up vehicles
Posted By: #Hayraker

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 02/16/13 11:32 PM

Yup
Posted By: mnsherick

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 02/16/13 11:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Jeff Elder
Originally Posted By: Fastduck

Couldn't agree with you more on DB with wrapped up vehicles

Now don't get all bent because you prefer cut vinyl and horse trailers.

BTW: This doesn't take away from the doucebaggery that is slempage.

-Matt

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 02/17/13 12:19 AM

Hey jr that sign is painted wood. Painted wood = cool. Wrapped up pickup = Slemp. Did you and Slemp get y'all's done at same place captain McSorley?
Posted By: DWADR

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 02/17/13 12:53 AM

Elder only wraps his cattle in camo.
Posted By: beaversnipe

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 02/17/13 01:18 AM

Lots of duckkilling and snows on his FB paget though, he had to make some people happy.

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 02/17/13 01:22 AM

Originally Posted By: dwadr.com

Mossy oak mesquite

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 02/17/13 01:50 AM

Originally Posted By: dwadr.com

I wrap mine in bacon, cheese, and white bread.

Originally Posted By: Jeff Elder
Hey jr that sign is painted wood. Painted wood = cool. Wrapped up pickup = Slemp. Did you and Slemp get y'all's done at same place captain McSorley?

My mis-steak, I shall not question you nor your ability to use paint brushes again.

I sir am not from Canadia.

-Matt
Posted By: tjhook

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 02/17/13 02:00 AM

Whats wrong with wrapped trucks....im about to get mine wrapped
Posted By: hoof n wings

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 02/17/13 03:40 AM

NO POLITICS OUTSIDE THE BUNKER!

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 02/17/13 03:52 AM

Originally Posted By: beaversnipe
Lots of duckkilling and snows on his FB paget though, he had to make some people happy.

he probably got invited or paid for those hunts, but acted like the "elite" guide the whole time anyways.
Posted By: Stubby

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 02/17/13 11:56 AM

Interesting

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 02/25/13 05:40 PM

I have 14 days to get my money or I'm calling my uncle who works for the IRS.

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 02/25/13 05:41 PM

Does anyone know James Pruitt or James Caesar?
Posted By: Double-R

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 02/25/13 05:49 PM

For the record once again I have no affiliation with the Double-R in the first post on this thread. I am not him and he is not me. Thanks, carry on.
Posted By: Youngin'

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 02/25/13 06:59 PM

Originally Posted By: tjhook

Dont forget to jack it up first
Posted By: marshman1616

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 02/25/13 11:04 PM

10 Years ago I had a lease with David Pruitt. Long story short he did the same thing to our group he showed us all Double Rs land sold us a lease and when it came time to hunt we had no where to go. This shell game has been going on for years. James ceaser hides behind scum bags like chris slemp and David and has them do the dirty work without ever getting his hands dirty. I heard it was just one big tax write off for James.
Posted By: crazyandy

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 02/25/13 11:56 PM

Before Pruitt there was a scuz named Brad Lucas.
Posted By: Quack boy1

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 02/26/13 03:56 AM

Originally Posted By: Ridn9high

Lmao did he really post that pic?

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 02/26/13 04:03 AM

Originally Posted By: tjhook

Lol big slempin!!

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 02/26/13 04:04 AM

Yes sir! He really has that on his page
I found a new word that describes the guy. GOOM!

Goom - One excelling in stupidity

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 02/26/13 04:05 AM

Originally Posted By: Cobra7
This is what everyone needs to do. Go to Attorney General of Texas website and click Consumer Protection tab at top. Hit file a complaint and fill everything out and then tell your story. He is already being investigated for fraud by this office. He had a chance to make it right with me yesterday in mediation court and he let his ego get in the way of things. He stole our money and leased Double R's land for himself, his friends and his day hunters and left us with crap.

I'd like to know what he said to you to justify his actions if you don't mind sharing

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 02/26/13 04:07 AM

That's hilarious someone needs to beat some sense into him it's amazing that nobody has yet to do it
Posted By: bhunter

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 02/26/13 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Ridn9high

I have always been partial to this better than goom or slempin; it gets across better than any other word in the dictionary:

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 02/28/13 12:12 AM

^^^Red is the best! I don't think anyone can say it better than red.

-Matt
Posted By: john paul

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 02/28/13 01:18 AM

Originally Posted By: Quack boy1

You should see the ones of him with not a single band on his lanyard and then poof!!! A year later he has killed 30 banded mallards according to what he's got around his neck... I'm sure those didn't come off ebay..

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 02/28/13 02:21 AM

Originally Posted By: john paul

You should see the ones of him with not a single band on his lanyard and then poof!!! A year later he has killed 30 banded mallards according to what he's got around his neck... I'm sure those didn't come off ebay..

Lmao post some pics

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 02/28/13 03:17 AM

Looks like he hunted ducks on ebay!

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 02/28/13 03:45 AM

Lol karma is gonna eat that boy up one day
Posted By: Cody Malone

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 02/28/13 03:58 AM

Omg

They are even all shiny, wtf
Posted By: TurkeyHunter

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 02/28/13 04:01 AM

There will always be shysters lurking where money changes hands with just about everything in life.
Posted By: Ben Lilly

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 02/28/13 12:48 PM

Every time someone ask to explain what he did...there is no reply. No doubt in my mind he did someone wrong but nothing specific? Is he guilty of being a DB or a thief? Instead of parroting the obvious parody of "slemping", please explain in detail what he did, what specific item in a contract did he break. I'm not doubting anyone, just haven't seen any proof of anything. Really, people come on here accusing him of stealing decoys, wrapping his truck and not supplying good hunting spots to customers...then nothing in the way of details, just vague accusations. Just saying...
Posted By: Trout-killer

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 02/28/13 01:10 PM

Well, apparently, he didn't lease properties he said he did, didn't flood fields that were supposed to be, sent multiple groups of leasees to the same place at the same time and wouldn't answer his phone so leasees could get a hunt spot. Some didn't get to hunt at all because of this. I'm sure he has done other things but that is just what a couple of the guys that were on the lease said he did.

So, to me, it sounds like he is guilty of being a DB, thief and a liar.
Posted By: Ramball36

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 02/28/13 01:14 PM

Slemp takes money from several people for duck leases

Slemp says to call or text him the day before to be assigned a spot to hunt

People call and text before and either don't get assigned a spot or get sent to dry spots, spots with other groups, etc

People try to call Slemp to discuss, but he never answers the phone or calls back

Slemp posts pics all season of duck massacres while his paid for leasees can't get ahold of him to figure out what the deal is

Leasees get together and file lawsuits against Slemp

Slemp goes on 2coolfishing and posts a really uneducated 30 line runon sentence saying that he's not the bad guy he's just doing what all the other crooks do

Basically sums it up.
Posted By: txbowhunt7

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 02/28/13 01:18 PM

That was a great story with a great ending!
Posted By: skibum01

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 03/01/13 08:43 AM

Hello everyone, I just joined the forum to lay out some facts about WPHC since this is such a hot topic. I read this forum sometimes but now I am starting to question the quality of content that is posted here.

I am not getting on here to bash folks because of their posts, but realize that you are making damaging comments about a guy that has done you no wrong. It's just not a very good way to carry yourself as a gentleman, thus you are not earning any respect from this community with the unsupported claims.

If you have had a bad experience with my club, then please tell all. Most of the he posters here have not really laid out the facts about WPHC or Mr. Cobra7 and his lawsuit against WPHC.

Lets start with a summary of my 2012-2013 hunting season:
Several groups of members showed up to some work days to help build blinds, brush, pump water, etc...all hard work from July-September. After the first few work days the contributors decreased and only a few individuals remained to help prepare for the coming season. This is common, everyone has a life outside of this demanding hobby. On the other hand, if your preparation is relaxed you must expect and equal yield of rewards/fowl harvest.

What do you know on the first day of teal season everyone in there brother in-law checks in for a blind. Where were those people when the work was taking place? I am sure they we engaging in many other pressing matters. Lots of members were wondering why they did not have a blind to hunt...because few help prepare, so few hunted. The rest of the season would be the same because very few volunteered to help even after the summer heat dissipated. The people that helped work were rewarded with good producing ponds and fun hunts making good memories, and others got the left over ponds. Is there any other way to disperse the ponds if everyone does not pull their weight? I have personally told Chris to send groups to better ponds that he selected for my group because I realized that some groups had not been on a good producing hunt. I did not have to do that, but that is just how I roll. Most of us that pursue ducks are Alpha types and want to have the very best hunt possible every time, but sometimes we need to learn that reward is also reaped from a little kindness even when it is not required.

One my second hunt of teal season Mr. Cobra7 and another small party was setup in my assigned duck blind hours before shooting time (seems like public land). I asked why they were in the blind assigned to my group and the answer revived was, "Chris did not return my calls so we just picked a blind". Shame on Chris for not returning a call saying that he did not have a blind for them to hunt, but my hunt was ruined due to the stupidity of others. The club rules clearly state that the blinds are assigned, not freely selected. We all agreed to hunt together, but myself and another were standing outside the blind b/c there were too many people. Did I rant and rave, no, I respected my fellow club member even though he was the cause of the issue. Did i complain and vent frustration to my group and Chris, yes.

The locks were changed on some leases so that people not respecting the rules could not ruin others hunts. Cobra7 still disobeyed the rules and was filmed cutting locks to access club properties after being dismissed from the club. He then filed suit after Chris did not give a refund, which the contract states that there no refunds given. Now a large group of members that feel mistreated are trying to bring legal action against a person that is guilty of running a disorganized business. Could Chris have done a better job at calling members etc, YES, but i saw very few members making an effort to ensure all work was completed on the hunting grounds so that all had a place to hunt everyday of the year.

After Cobra7 has placed a lawsuit on Chris I found out that this guys in on disability due to work related injuries. If this is true how can a guy afford to duck hunt, shoot a shotgun, and place/pickup decoys in soggy terrain. Maybe folks should ask this guy a few questions about his ethics. I know we do not want him apart of our club. In fact there are some members that are very happy with the club. I have not known Chris and WPHC for a full year, but I was happy with my experience.

Lets jump to a new topic on Chris canceling the San Antonio Delta Waterfowl Chapter donated hunt. Dave which I think is the San Antonio DW chapter president blasted Chris on this and several other forums for canceling the "donated" hunt. I know for a fact that this hunt was never canceled. Chris told Dave he had a hunt date planned. The auction winner of the hunt called Chris one month in advance and on a daily basis asking what location the hunt would take place. Chris's reply was I will let you know the day before the hunt due to bird movements. The person not happy with Chris's reasons and cried to DW and the hunt was refunded. Later that day Dave called Chris for an explanation and Chris laid it out, the action winner was not happy about how I setup the hunt , but he can still schedule the hunt and I will let him know the location the day before. Then Dave when ranting on about how he had a bad season on the WPHC grounds. This was 100% the fault of the hunter. Chris sent this guy to great ponds, but I believe a lack of hunting knowledge on Dave's part is why he produced few birds. I personally have killed good birds on the same ground he hunted, and I am no pro that's for sure. This guy Dave has also sat at the camp watching football all day while others prepared meals for that night. Dave's group ate our food that members paid for, then did make offers to help clean dishes. They could have at least gone scout their hunting locations. Chris had to sit on the phone at 11pm or 4am guiding this group and many others to blinds because they will not put in the time to prepare. Some people just do not deserve to be apart of the great sport of hunting.

To address the water issues on the WPHC grounds:
Yes there were water issues and farmers that did not cut rice until well into the season. The LCRA shut down water flow due to the drought. Its not a good thing but out of the control of Chris. I "one one the few that worked every weekend" was put on a dry hole once because a levee ruptured. Did Chris know about this before he sent us there? I would hope not because karma is not good. The rest of the season I was invited on great goose hunts and did well with the ducks, but lets face it this year really sucked compared to some past seasons.

Chris Slemp provides a place where I can afford to hunt on the Texas prairie, unlike many other over priced leases or outfits (but that is just supply and demand). The members of the club that show up and contribute always have a great time and we look forward to next year. If you are a like minded group or individual that does not mind a little perpetration before the season starts, give Chris a call and he will be happy to show you around the area. And by the way Mr. David Pruitt is a great guy, folks should not bash on people that you do not know.

If you have a problem with Chris, go to his house and talk to the guy. Those who smear others on a forum is unlikely to confront him in person, just saying you cowards. If you need to speak with a club member directly send me a PM and we can arrange a discussion in person. We are getting ready for the 2013-2014 season by prepping the dove fields and building blinds. You should come out if interested in the club. Otherwise keep your nonfactual comments off the forum, have a little respect for yourself. Karma is real.

Good Day

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 03/01/13 10:44 AM

I would've figured that 3 grand should substitute this 'putting hard work days in' that you speak of, didn't read anywhere on your site that it costs xx amount of money plus xx amount of work days to be in the club but hey I'm not all that bright. Glad to see you guys admitting to screwing guys over bc they couldn't make it out to work like everyone else. Also happy that y'all hired out someone to type a rebuttal, it was nice to see all the cool punctuation and big words like 'thus' and 'gentleman'...you only messed up once on the 'if you don't mind a little perpetration' part, I don't think that means what you think I means...

Good Day Gov'ner!
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 03/01/13 10:56 AM

cheerleader
Posted By: fanatiquack

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 03/01/13 12:02 PM

Originally Posted By: skibum01

unsupported claims.

really laid out the facts about WPHC or Mr. Cobra7 and his lawsuit against WPHC.

if your preparation is relaxed you must expect and equal yield of rewards/fowl harvest.

Is there any other way to disperse the ponds if everyone does not pull their weight?

Sir.
You seem like you're a nice guy and you're trying to be reasonable, but your post here only confirms for this entire board the apparent truth behind this situation:

Chris Slemp offered a service to people under false pretenses. He subjectively performed his obligations to his customers based upon unwritten rules of "off season work". You argue that people should have been more giving and helpful and thoughtful and dedicated where in return they would have been rewarded with the actual service they paid for.

People paid serious money. The service they purchased was not provided and the reason you're giving for the service being withheld has no basis in the original terms of the agreement.

It is called breach.
And it deserves recompense.

That he won't recompense makes him a douchebag at least and a thief at worst and worthy of derision on this board or any other.

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 03/01/13 12:40 PM

Originally Posted By: fanatiquack

unsupported claims.

really laid out the facts about WPHC or Mr. Cobra7 and his lawsuit against WPHC.

if your preparation is relaxed you must expect and equal yield of rewards/fowl harvest.

Is there any other way to disperse the ponds if everyone does not pull their weight?

Sir.
You seem like you're a nice guy and you're trying to be reasonable, but your post here only confirms for this entire board the apparent truth behind this situation:

Chris Slemp offered a service to people under false pretenses. He subjectively performed his obligations to his customers based upon unwritten rules of "off season work". You argue that people should have been more giving and helpful and thoughtful and dedicated where in return they would have been rewarded with the actual service they paid for.

People paid serious money. The service they purchased was not provided and the reason you're giving for the service being withheld has no basis in the original terms of the agreement.

It is called breach.
And it deserves recompense.

That he won't recompense makes him a douchebag at least and a thief at worst and worthy of derision on this board and any other.

BOOM!
Posted By: john paul

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 03/01/13 01:09 PM

popcorn

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 03/01/13 01:29 PM

Hello everyone, I just joined the forum to lay out some facts about WPHC since this is such a hot topic. I read this forum sometimes but now I am starting to question the quality of content that is posted here.

I am not getting on here to bash folks because of their posts, but realize that you are making damaging comments about a guy that has done you no wrong. It's just not a very good way to carry yourself as a gentleman, thus you are not earning any respect from this community with the unsupported claims.

If you have had a bad experience with my club, then please tell all. Most of the he posters here have not really laid out the facts about WPHC or Mr. Cobra7 and his lawsuit against WPHC.

Several groups of members showed up to some work days to help build blinds, brush, pump water, etc...all hard work from July-September. After the first few work days the contributors decreased and only a few individuals remained to help prepare for the coming season. This is common, everyone has a life outside of this demanding hobby. On the other hand, if your preparation is relaxed you must expect and equal yield of rewards/fowl harvest.

What do you know on the first day of teal season everyone in there brother in-law checks in for a blind. Where were those people when the work was taking place? I am sure they we engaging in many other pressing matters. Lots of members were wondering why they did not have a blind to hunt...because few help prepare, so few hunted. The rest of the season would be the same because very few volunteered to help even after the summer heat dissipated. The people that helped work were rewarded with good producing ponds and fun hunts making good memories, and others got the left over ponds. Is there any other way to disperse the ponds if everyone does not pull their weight? I have personally told Chris to send groups to better ponds that he selected for my group because I realized that some groups had not been on a good producing hunt. I did not have to do that, but that is just how I roll. Most of us that pursue ducks are Alpha types and want to have the very best hunt possible every time, but sometimes we need to learn that reward is also reaped from a little kindness even when it is not required.

One my second hunt of teal season Mr. Cobra7 and another small party was setup in my assigned duck blind hours before shooting time (seems like public land). I asked why they were in the blind assigned to my group and the answer revived was, "Chris did not return my calls so we just picked a blind". Shame on Chris for not returning a call saying that he did not have a blind for them to hunt, but my hunt was ruined due to the stupidity of others. The club rules clearly state that the blinds are assigned, not freely selected. We all agreed to hunt together, but myself and another were standing outside the blind b/c there were too many people. Did I rant and rave, no, I respected my fellow club member even though he was the cause of the issue. Did i complain and vent frustration to my group and Chris, yes.

The locks were changed on some leases so that people not respecting the rules could not ruin others hunts. Cobra7 still disobeyed the rules and was filmed cutting locks to access club properties after being dismissed from the club. He then filed suit after Chris did not give a refund, which the contract states that there no refunds given. Now a large group of members that feel mistreated are trying to bring legal action against a person that is guilty of running a disorganized business. Could Chris have done a better job at calling members etc, YES, but i saw very few members making an effort to ensure all work was completed on the hunting grounds so that all had a place to hunt everyday of the year.

After Cobra7 has placed a lawsuit on Chris I found out that this guys in on disability due to work related injuries. If this is true how can a guy afford to duck hunt, shoot a shotgun, and place/pickup decoys in soggy terrain. Maybe folks should ask this guy a few questions about his ethics. I know we do not want him apart of our club. In fact there are some members that are very happy with the club. I have not known Chris and WPHC for a full year, but I was happy with my experience.

Lets jump to a new topic on Chris canceling the San Antonio Delta Waterfowl Chapter donated hunt. Dave which I think is the San Antonio DW chapter president blasted Chris on this and several other forums for canceling the "donated" hunt. I know for a fact that this hunt was never canceled. Chris told Dave he had a hunt date planned. The auction winner of the hunt called Chris one month in advance and on a daily basis asking what location the hunt would take place. Chris's reply was I will let you know the day before the hunt due to bird movements. The person not happy with Chris's reasons and cried to DW and the hunt was refunded. Later that day Dave called Chris for an explanation and Chris laid it out, the action winner was not happy about how I setup the hunt , but he can still schedule the hunt and I will let him know the location the day before. Then Dave when ranting on about how he had a bad season on the WPHC grounds. This was 100% the fault of the hunter. Chris sent this guy to great ponds, but I believe a lack of hunting knowledge on Dave's part is why he produced few birds. I personally have killed good birds on the same ground he hunted, and I am no pro that's for sure. This guy Dave has also sat at the camp watching football all day while others prepared meals for that night. Dave's group ate our food that members paid for, then did make offers to help clean dishes. They could have at least gone scout their hunting locations. Chris had to sit on the phone at 11pm or 4am guiding this group and many others to blinds because they will not put in the time to prepare. Some people just do not deserve to be apart of the great sport of hunting.

Yes there were water issues and farmers that did not cut rice until well into the season. The LCRA shut down water flow due to the drought. Its not a good thing but out of the control of Chris. I "one one the few that worked every weekend" was put on a dry hole once because a levee ruptured. Did Chris know about this before he sent us there? I would hope not because karma is not good. The rest of the season I was invited on great goose hunts and did well with the ducks, but lets face it this year really sucked compared to some past seasons.

Chris Slemp provides a place where I can afford to hunt on the Texas prairie, unlike many other over priced leases or outfits (but that is just supply and demand). The members of the club that show up and contribute always have a great time and we look forward to next year. If you are a like minded group or individual that does not mind a little perpetration before the season starts, give Chris a call and he will be happy to show you around the area. And by the way Mr. David Pruitt is a great guy, folks should not bash on people that you do not know.

If you have a problem with Chris, go to his house and talk to the guy. Those who smear others on a forum is unlikely to confront him in person, just saying you cowards. If you need to speak with a club member directly send me a PM and we can arrange a discussion in person. We are getting ready for the 2013-2014 season by prepping the dove fields and building blinds. You should come out if interested in the club. Otherwise keep your nonfactual comments off the forum, have a little respect for yourself. Karma is real.

Good Day

...........shut up

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 03/01/13 01:35 PM

Good Day

...........shut up

He said I'm not here to bash anyone and downing us like he's a saint then starts bashing cobra7 what a prick get off the forum slemp!

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 03/01/13 02:16 PM

It's just not a very good way to carry yourself as a gentleman, thus you are not earning any respect from this community with the unsupported claims.

I for one would like to thank you for speaking for the entire community.
Posted By: skibum01

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 03/01/13 02:29 PM

I agree with some of your claims. If a service was denied and no service was received and any point during the season, terms of the contract were broken and the provider is in default. Chris has a responsibility to make this right is a free membership the following year or provide a full refund. If Chris Slemp cannot agree with the claim, then a lawsuit should be filed.

This type of issue happens in everyday business and we are not stating any new information here. The court system will workout the issues and life will go on.

Educating people about bad businessmen/businesses is necessary and I hope that WPHC learns something from this, but some of you on here really act like children. I guess some folks never grow up.
Posted By: Beretta

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 03/01/13 02:51 PM

Okay so now I am really confused, in your first post you agree with everything that Chris did, but in your second post you agree that legal action should be taken.

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 03/01/13 02:58 PM

Ski bum, you have no credibility here. You're first post on this forum was defending a person/business that has had numerous complaints from numerous people. You said yourself that you haven't known slemp for a full year yet. I'd be careful to bat for a guy that would ruin your reputation. One complaint about a business, sure, it happens. Several..?

Where there's smoke, there's fire
Posted By: ishootspoonies

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 03/01/13 03:15 PM

If I'm paying a few grand to duck hunt, I better have a place to hunt on opening day whether I came out for work day or not.

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 03/01/13 03:19 PM

For one, I helped build blinds and helped build the fence around the "lodge" as much as I could due to my disability. And on the day the gate was broken into I was on a day hunt with another outfitter. You really need to get your story together.
Posted By: Navasot

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 03/01/13 03:48 PM

I agree with some of your claims. If a service was denied and no service was received and any point during the season, terms of the contract were broken and the provider is in default. Chris has a responsibility to make this right is a free membership the following year or provide a full refund. If Chris Slemp cannot agree with the claim, then a lawsuit should be filed.

This type of issue happens in everyday business and we are not stating any new information here. The court system will workout the issues and life will go on.

Educating people about bad businessmen/businesses is necessary and I hope that WPHC learns something from this, but some of you on here really act like children. I guess some folks never grow up.

Was it stated in the agreement that the club members had to pitch in and help build blinds..etc?

And as far as the delta hunt you cant just tell someone thats trying to plan around this hunt that ill call you a day ahead and let you know.... who has that kinda free time to drop everything and go...
Posted By: c.leaman

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 03/01/13 04:07 PM

If everyone and their brother in law paid for a lease they better have a place to hunt on opening day of teal or otherwise regardless of if they helped build blinds or not. Thats a weak arguement for not calling folks back or giving them a place to hunt that THEY PAID FOR.I have stayed out of this but I cant let that ignorant statement go without comment. Your buddy Slemp had also called out other leases in his giant run on sentence with nothing but lies about how they had no water and so on and so on which was all bs.Chris used to be a nice kid. Not sure what has happened to him but Im guessing that thinking you will become rich in the hunting bussiness has something to do with it. He most likely over sold leases to try and make money and got his tit caught in the ringer.
Posted By: Yassir Sanchez

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 03/01/13 04:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Ramball36
I would've figured that 3 grand should substitute this 'putting hard work days in' that you speak of, didn't read anywhere on your site that it costs xx amount of money plus xx amount of work days to be in the club but hey I'm not all that bright. Glad to see you guys admitting to screwing guys over bc they couldn't make it out to work like everyone else. Also happy that y'all hired out someone to type a rebuttal, it was nice to see all the cool punctuation and big words like 'thus' and 'gentleman'...you only messed up once on the 'if you don't mind a little perpetration' part, I don't think that means what you think I means...

Good Day Gov'ner!

From where I sit and being a party with no dog in this hunt, it would appear that he did indeed use the "perpetration" correctly.

It looks to me like this bunch of turkeys "perpetrated" a whole bunch of scummy and low class acts on people who paid good money for a place to hunt only to find out later that they were supposed to not only pay but also "sing for their supper". Not to even mention taking money and not even providing a place to hunt among other things.

Oh they "perpetrated" alright.

But I think he got one thing right, Kharma is a beiotch. Someone is going to eventually have to pay the piper, in this life or the next. But make no mistake someone is going to pay for their sins.
Posted By: GigEmAggies

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 03/01/13 04:30 PM

Stick to the bunny slopes skibum....you're not helping your boy's situation
Posted By: wal1809

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 03/01/13 04:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Yassir Sanchez

Sounds to me it was more like penetrated than perpetrated.

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 03/01/13 04:53 PM

Originally Posted By: WAL1809
Originally Posted By: Yassir Sanchez

Sounds to me it was more like penetrated than perpetrated.

... Or maybe menstruated.
Posted By: Leonardo

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 03/01/13 04:58 PM

Hope this lasts all day. So far it has been the only thing to get me through this Friday morning. Keeping my fingers crossed it makes it to at least 4pm.
Posted By: drakedoctor

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 03/01/13 05:28 PM

Now this is what I call cheap entertainment. Kind of like going shopping at Wal Mart.
Posted By: Marcstar

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 03/01/13 07:47 PM

You guys are still talking about this crap? How many threads and posts have been spent on this? A wise man once told Garrett who then told me when speaking of outfitters...."They're all a bunch of crooks". And now that you have read it on the internet...well it's true.

I've had good experiences with just about all the guides and outfitters I've ever used. Of course I'm also better looking and have better luck than just about everyone on here.
Posted By: Ben Lilly

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 03/01/13 08:52 PM

Ok, so a bunch of lazy hunters bought a "turnkey" hunt lease for $3k and got screwed by a con that makes up the rules as he goes. Now that makes sense. You girls go hash it out in court, lol...way to handle your business ladies! ROFLMAO

If you can't do business on a handshake then your doing business with the wrong folks!
Posted By: Gacman

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 03/01/13 09:16 PM

I don't pay outfitters to hunt. Outfitters pay me.

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 03/01/13 09:31 PM

wow, the first time on the prairie where if you don't contribute to work days you DONT GET TO HUNT!!!! LMAO, what a great business practice.
Posted By: easton1025

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 03/01/13 09:39 PM

So someone on disability is not allowed to enjoy a hobby and the outdoors...? confused2...So you are saying since you worked more than others, you were rewarded by getting your phone calls returned by the slempmeister, and having the "good" blinds to hunt.? Did the "rules" specifically say you had to work "x" number of days..?Thats a place I want to be a part of.....

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 03/01/13 09:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Marcstar
You guys are still talking about this crap? How many threads and posts have been spent on this? A wise man once told Garrett who then told me when speaking of outfitters...."They're all a bunch of crooks". And now that you have read it on the internet...well it's true.

I've had good experiences with just about all the guides and outfitters I've ever used. Of course I'm also better looking and have better luck than just about everyone on here.
how many threads are you going to post on Marc?

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 03/01/13 11:10 PM

popcorn

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 03/01/13 11:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Hayraker

...Hay..."just about" is the key word in the comments....
Posted By: Gacman

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 03/01/13 11:34 PM

I'm waiting to see Marc's comeback. popcorn

In the meantime. I don't have these problems b/c... and I'll quote myself.

Originally Posted By: gacman
I don't pay outfitters to hunt. Outfitters pay me.

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 03/01/13 11:50 PM

I would never spend 3 grand to hunt anything. Well maybe a monkey.

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 03/02/13 12:10 AM

I don't mean to sound like a jerk but ski bum seems like a prick how are you going to back up a criminal that's what slemp is

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 03/02/13 12:53 AM

Beat me to it

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 03/02/13 01:03 AM

I would for a komodo dragon hunt. That would be sweet! Not from slemp though...I'd actually want a chance a killing one
Posted By: Guy

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 03/02/13 01:26 AM

There is probably this type of drama with every hunting club. I think these work days, guys that put in the work should probably be rewarded with some of the better spots on open day, but the guys that did not put in the work, they should have places to hunt as well, otherwise that is BS, poor planning. Seems obvious to me he sold too many memberships given the amount of huntable water. If he would have not sold so many memberships, it would have probably worked fine.

Thought I would get in before the lock. grin

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 03/02/13 02:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Guy
There is probably this type of drama with every hunting club. I think these work days, guys that put in the work should probably be rewarded with some of the better spots on open day, but the guys that did not put in the work, they should have places to hunt as well, otherwise that is BS, poor planning. Seems obvious to me he sold too many memberships given the amount of huntable water. If he would have not sold so many memberships, it would have probably worked fine.

..Wonder if he is related to a guy named Allan....LMAO...
Posted By: Guy

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 03/02/13 02:29 AM

Originally Posted By: easton1025

At least we only paid a $1k, one duck club was enough for me. grin

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 03/02/13 03:29 AM

Sounds like Slemp has a new handle! How would a member of the club know the name/background on another member???

One my second hunt of teal season Mr. Cobra7 and another small party was setup in my assigned duck blind hours before shooting

Lets jump to a new topic on Chris canceling the San Antonio Delta Waterfowl Chapter..... The person not happy with Chris's reasons and cried to DW and the hunt was refunded. Later that day Dave called Chris for an explanation and Chris laid it out, the action winner was not happy about how I setup the hunt , but he can still schedule the hunt and I will let him know the location the day before. Then Dave when ranting on about how he had a bad season on the WPHC grounds. This was 100% the fault of the hunter. Chris sent this guy to great ponds, but I believe a lack of hunting knowledge on Dave's part is why he produced few birds. I personally have killed good birds on the same ground he hunted, and I am no pro that's for sure. This guy Dave has also sat at the camp watching football all day while others prepared meals for that night. Dave's group ate our food that members paid for, then did make offers to help clean dishes. They could have at least gone scout their hunting locations. Chris had to sit on the phone at 11pm or 4am guiding this group and many others to blinds because they will not put in the time to prepare. Some people just do not deserve to be apart of the great sport of hunting.

Good Day

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 03/02/13 03:33 AM

Ouch, I bet that hurts! bolt
Originally Posted By: c.leaman
He most likely over sold leases to try and make money and got his tit caught in the ringer.

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 03/02/13 03:38 AM

I'd have to agree that this is slemp himself. Grammar is still bad, just more periods and commas this time. I guess he took some advice on how to write properly. Where are you to to comment back on everything ski bunny?

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 03/02/13 04:11 AM

Yep. No one else knew about my disability.

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 03/02/13 05:25 AM

Originally Posted By: txbowhunt7
I'd have to agree that this is slemp himself. Grammar is still bad, just more periods and commas this time. I guess he took some advice on how to write properly. Where are you to to comment back on everything ski bunny?

I called that one at the get go

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 03/02/13 06:04 AM

Originally Posted By: easton1025

At least we only paid a $1k, one duck club was enough for me. grin
..Well you got a deal then...SOME OTHERS paid 1500...LOL
Posted By: kindall

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 03/02/13 02:39 PM

I have been on a membership duck lease, and did not have any problems. We helped some with blinds, but not every work weekend. When we called and asked for spots, our phone calls were returned. Before the season it was known that LRC was not letting the farmers get water. The outfitter had planned ahead and our ponds had water wells. So water was not a problem.

I guess you can already tell I didn't lease from Slemp.
Posted By: Marcstar

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 03/02/13 03:03 PM

Probably like 2 a day...mostly weekdays. 99% garbage posts with no useful content. I guess I'm just lazy like that.
Posted By: assassinator

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 03/02/13 04:28 PM

popcorn

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 03/02/13 04:36 PM

I bet that popcorn is a little stale

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 03/02/13 05:01 PM

Shut your mouth about that popcorn

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 03/03/13 03:04 AM

Just get your own layoutblind, j

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 03/06/13 12:50 AM

I thought slemp had blind building days cheers
Originally Posted By: beaversnipe
Just get your own layoutblind, j
Posted By: BMowatt

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 03/06/13 12:28 PM

wow,,4 pages and growing
Posted By: Skybuster05

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 03/06/13 02:46 PM

I've yet to find a private club trying to get rich that was worth going back too. I didnt have a good experience on on the prairie either.
Posted By: Dakotahunter

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 04/24/13 04:11 AM

My party also got a raw deal from Slemp. A previous post most likely from Slemp states that he didn't give good spots because my party didn't help with blinds. There was never anything mentioned or requirement to do so. We paid over 3k and I think we can sit around and watch football after we hunted or rather watched the sunrise. Our party had 1 new hunter and 2 teenage kids just to make the entire thing worse. Also we did eat the food at the house because we were told that it was included for the night stay. Actually we were promised food and lodging for $50 per person, which we paid for a dirty house with dirty sheets and usually dog crap and pee on the floor. The scouting attempts we made left us to find several dry ponds or very little water. I've hunted ducks longer than he has been alive. We actually shot more ducks on the coast the last 2 weekends of the season than we did the 6 or 7 trips we made to Eagle Lake.
I also experienced the same frustrating communication problems as most on this board. There are not that many duck hunters and word travels fast.

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 04/24/13 05:07 AM

Greed...its contageous

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 04/24/13 05:10 AM

Waterfowl paradise headquarters
1800 GOT SLEMPED

Posted By: wal1809

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 04/24/13 01:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Dakotahunter
My party also got a raw deal from Slemp. A previous post most likely from Slemp states that he didn't give good spots because my party didn't help with blinds. There was never anything mentioned or requirement to do so. We paid over 3k and I think we can sit around and watch football after we hunted or rather watched the sunrise. Our party had 1 new hunter and 2 teenage kids just to make the entire thing worse. Also we did eat the food at the house because we were told that it was included for the night stay. Actually we were promised food and lodging for $50 per person, which we paid for a dirty house with dirty sheets and usually dog crap and pee on the floor. The scouting attempts we made left us to find several dry ponds or very little water. I've hunted ducks longer than he has been alive. We actually shot more ducks on the coast the last 2 weekends of the season than we did the 6 or 7 trips we made to Eagle Lake.
I also experienced the same frustrating communication problems as most on this board. There are not that many duck hunters and word travels fast.
Welcome to the forum.
Posted By: Glowka

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 04/24/13 03:51 PM

Not too sure as to how long Slemp has had a site but here's the link if you haven't had the chance to see it yet!
WATERFOWL PARADISE WEBSITE

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 04/24/13 04:10 PM

I called him and he said he still has tons of snowgeese down south, but wants my $200 deposit.
Posted By: Pastor Josh

Re: Waterfowl Paradise - 04/24/13 04:18 PM

Money is relative. For some people, three grand is not much money to blow on a hunting adventure. I'm not one of those people, but I know of some. (the little 2 cents emoticon goes here but I can't find it.)
© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum