Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Optics Planet Order Concern [Re: TXHogger] #3968123 01/18/13 09:06 PM
A
Aquaman Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
A
I found a set of 223 carbide dies on ebay and apparently it came from optics planet. Two days later I got an email that said that my dies wouldn't be in until May. I emailed three times and called twice to see about just canceling my order and all the reps said was that it would have to be approved. Its been two weeks now and they said its still pending. I'm getting ready to file a complaint with ebay and paypal. They continue to sell items that are backordered.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick" - Teddy Roosevelt
Re: Optics Planet Order Concern [Re: Aquaman] #3968159 01/18/13 09:16 PM
A
AlaskaCub Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A
Ordered a pair of binos for my son from them in the fall (first time I have ever ordered from them), item showed to be in stock, and my card was immediately charged. About 5 days went by and I hadnt got an email about shipping or anything so I called. They told me the binos wouldnt be available for like 4-6 weeks. I said why the hell did you charge my card when you wont have the item to sell me for over a month. Took another 4 business days to get my money back. Never again!

Re: Optics Planet Order Concern [Re: AlaskaCub] #3968448 01/18/13 10:58 PM
B
Budgeteer Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
B
Botach and Optics Planet...people never learn.

"Hee cannot be a gentleman whych loveth not a dogge." --Anonymous, The Institucion of a Gentleman (1555)
Re: Optics Planet Order Concern [Re: Cynthia D.] #3968523 01/18/13 11:32 PM
riverdog Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Originally Posted By: Cynthia D.
Hello everyone,

Cynthia here from OpticsPlanet. I can't begin to apologize enough for the problems and inconveniences we've caused. I understand that many of you are weary of us and our reputation on THF precedes us, but I'll do my best to address the concerns that were brought up in this thread.

In the past, not having a way to check what's in stock without calling us was one of our biggest weaknesses, there's no sugar coating that. If you were one of the customers who were affected by this, we truly dropped the ball on that one and I am sincerely sorry. You have every right to be frustrated and angry, I know I would be, too. We do pay attention to your feedback—be it positive or negative—and are constantly trying to improve our store so it can meet your expectations. In the last half half, we have introduced our “Check Product Availability” feature on all the products we carry. It tells you how fast we can ship out the products from our warehouse and is very accurate as it uses real-time information from our warehouse. I hope this answers your question ZenArchery, but if you can send me the link to the product page, I'd be more than happy to look into it and give you a more accurate answer to that specific product.

As for drop-shipping, out of the thousands of orders we process daily, the majority of them ships straight from our warehouse. We try to avoid drop-shipping if possible. However, there are times when we will run out of something and need to order them from the manufacturer. When this happens, it usually takes a few days or up to a few weeks (depending on the manufacturer) for us to receive the products. During this time, we use drop-shippers so that we can get you what you ordered faster.

Again, I apologize for any disappointments you've had with us in the past. We do care very much about our customers and when things do go wrong we try our best to make it right. If you have an order that you're concerned about, please feel free to PM me with your order number and I promise to look into it for you and do what I can to help. Or you can always call us at 800-504-5897 (we can also be reached via email or Live Chat) to talk to one of our customer service reps. Thank you for your time and I hope you have a great weekend!

Best regards,

Cynthia D.
800-504-5897
http://www.opticsplanet.com/

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, I couldn't help but notice this is your first post. I guess some of the corporate "goons" at Optics Planet hired someone to come out to web and try and patch up the sorry customer service issues and outright lies from Optics Planet.

Well here is my take on this..."just some corporate spin doctoring and double speak" from a newly hired person who is unwittingly being used as "corporate bobble head," by the bozos that run/own OP.

#1 You are probably a very nice person, do yourself a favor go find a job somewhere else, anywhere else.

#2 Call Skylar at SWFA they may be hiring, (972) 726-7348. They are honest truthful folks that make an honest living while delivering excellent customer service.

#3 There are a lot of us here that would pay the retail price at a certain unnamed gun shop in Dallas that is run by cranky owners and staff, but they have what you want and they do what they say they will do.

#4 Personally, Satan's kingdom will freeze over into a Blue Bell ice cream with chocolate syrup and cherries on top before I order from Optics Planet again.

#5 However, do not worry too much, there are enough blind, dear and dumb Wal Mart type shoppers on the THF that will buy Optics Planet cuz, well just cuz...cuz if say what I am thinking I an gonna get banned for while.

HEY THF's, I think SWFA is still giving us a discount if we mention THF, call Skylar and check. Ahhh never mind the discount just call Skylar he will take care of you.

Last edited by riverdog; 01/18/13 11:33 PM.

Work hard, play hard, love without reserve....you can rest in heaven when the journey is over.
Re: Optics Planet Order Concern [Re: riverdog] #3968534 01/18/13 11:38 PM
H
HoldPoint Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
I just ordered a holster from optics planet and had zero issues; aside from the fact I never got a tracking number. We'll see if it shows up tomorrow as scheduled.

Re: Optics Planet Order Concern [Re: HoldPoint] #3969209 01/19/13 03:42 AM
M
mattfromallen Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
M
Hey HoldPoint. You are over your PM limit and I want to contact you! Send me a PM

Re: Optics Planet Order Concern [Re: HoldPoint] #3969252 01/19/13 04:04 AM
M
mattfromallen Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
M
Hey HoldPoint. You are over your PM limit and I want to contact you! Send me a PM

Re: Optics Planet Order Concern [Re: mattfromallen] #3971672 01/20/13 03:20 AM
Z
ZenArchery Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
Z
I called before placing order. Online it said available shipping in 5-15 days. So I called in asked if that means "in stock" or "they'll get it in stock in 5-15 day's." the gentlemen said "it's not in stock but might be available in 5-15 days."

Re: Optics Planet Order Concern [Re: ZenArchery] #3972327 01/20/13 02:46 PM
V
Vern1 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
V
Optics Planet also has another store named Tactical Gear or Tactical Store or something like that that runs on the same MO.
I ordered from them and got the exact same message from them about backorders and they forgot to strip out the Optics Planet header from the message.

Cynthia, sorry your were thrown under the bus...good luck!

Last edited by Vern1; 01/20/13 02:49 PM.

Cheers,
Vern1
Texans since The Old 300 in 1824
NRA Lifetime Member
Re: Optics Planet Order Concern [Re: dgilbert] #3972611 01/20/13 04:26 PM
dgilbert Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: dgilbert
Dang, I just ordered a duty holster from them, not easy to find a holster for a Springfield xd. May just continue to carry the glock all the time I guess.

Finally got my hoslter, took awhile, but at least I got it.

Re: Optics Planet Order Concern [Re: dgilbert] #3974918 01/21/13 05:48 AM
A
Aquaman Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
A
I finally got ahold of someone. They are refusing to refund my money without a restocking fee for a product that's back ordered.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick" - Teddy Roosevelt
Re: Optics Planet Order Concern [Re: Aquaman] #3974986 01/21/13 07:38 AM
C
centurion2000 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
C
I've ordered stuff from Optics Planet in the past. Never had a problem with them. YMMV of course.

"No, I don't know everything. I am damn good with Google though"
"Never get into a gunfight with a buffalo hunter. There's no such thing as cover"
Re: Optics Planet Order Concern [Re: Aquaman] #3975048 01/21/13 11:21 AM
C
Chuck McDonald Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: Greg137
I finally got ahold of someone. They are refusing to refund my money without a restocking fee for a product that's back ordered.
Like I have said in the past they are a bunch of thugs. I am surprised they didn't try to up sale you on the phone to something much more expensive to replace what you ordered.

Re: Optics Planet Order Concern [Re: Aquaman] #3976770 01/21/13 07:39 PM
C
Cynthia D. Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
C
Hi Greg, I am so sorry to hear that you're getting the run around! Please send me a private message with your order number and I'll do my best to get this resolved for you.

Cynthia D.

I found a set of 223 carbide dies on ebay and apparently it came from optics planet. Two days later I got an email that said that my dies wouldn't be in until May. I emailed three times and called twice to see about just canceling my order and all the reps said was that it would have to be approved. Its been two weeks now and they said its still pending. I'm getting ready to file a complaint with ebay and paypal. They continue to sell items that are backordered.

Re: Optics Planet Order Concern [Re: AlaskaCub] #3976790 01/21/13 07:46 PM
C
Cynthia D. Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
C
Hi AlaskaCub, I can see why you'd be mad. I'm not sure as to why it would show in stock when there was a 4-6 weeks wait. But your card should not have been charged none the less. We are not allowed to charge your card until we have shipped your item. This was definitely an oversight on our side and I am sincerely sorry that we dropped the ball on your order.

Cynthia D.

Originally Posted By: AlaskaCub
Ordered a pair of binos for my son from them in the fall (first time I have ever ordered from them), item showed to be in stock, and my card was immediately charged. About 5 days went by and I hadnt got an email about shipping or anything so I called. They told me the binos wouldnt be available for like 4-6 weeks. I said why the hell did you charge my card when you wont have the item to sell me for over a month. Took another 4 business days to get my money back. Never again!

Re: Optics Planet Order Concern [Re: riverdog] #3977039 01/21/13 09:11 PM
C
Cynthia D. Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
C
Thank you, I’m sure you’re a very nice person as well! Yes, that was my first post on THF. To be honest I’m quite new to the shooting scene so I’m still green behind the ears (but I’m learning!) and my first time in Texas was back in September — so I’ve always been worried about sticking out like a sore thumb and the contributions of my post. But despite the lack of posts on THF, I’m quite active on other related forums and there's one thing I do know about and it's helping out our customers. I can't promise that I'll fix everything, but you're darn sure I'll try my best.

Although I do not know what happened with your order, I apologize that we left you with such a bad impression of us. If one day, hell does freeze over and you decide to order from us again, I’d be more than happy to see your order through from start to end!
Thank you for your feedback and have a great day.

Best regards,

Cynthia D.

Originally Posted By: riverdog
Hello everyone,

Cynthia here from OpticsPlanet. I can't begin to apologize enough for the problems and inconveniences we've caused. I understand that many of you are weary of us and our reputation on THF precedes us, but I'll do my best to address the concerns that were brought up in this thread.

In the past, not having a way to check what's in stock without calling us was one of our biggest weaknesses, there's no sugar coating that. If you were one of the customers who were affected by this, we truly dropped the ball on that one and I am sincerely sorry. You have every right to be frustrated and angry, I know I would be, too. We do pay attention to your feedback—be it positive or negative—and are constantly trying to improve our store so it can meet your expectations. In the last half half, we have introduced our “Check Product Availability” feature on all the products we carry. It tells you how fast we can ship out the products from our warehouse and is very accurate as it uses real-time information from our warehouse. I hope this answers your question ZenArchery, but if you can send me the link to the product page, I'd be more than happy to look into it and give you a more accurate answer to that specific product.

As for drop-shipping, out of the thousands of orders we process daily, the majority of them ships straight from our warehouse. We try to avoid drop-shipping if possible. However, there are times when we will run out of something and need to order them from the manufacturer. When this happens, it usually takes a few days or up to a few weeks (depending on the manufacturer) for us to receive the products. During this time, we use drop-shippers so that we can get you what you ordered faster.

Again, I apologize for any disappointments you've had with us in the past. We do care very much about our customers and when things do go wrong we try our best to make it right. If you have an order that you're concerned about, please feel free to PM me with your order number and I promise to look into it for you and do what I can to help. Or you can always call us at 800-504-5897 (we can also be reached via email or Live Chat) to talk to one of our customer service reps. Thank you for your time and I hope you have a great weekend!

Best regards,

Cynthia D.
800-504-5897
http://www.opticsplanet.com/

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, I couldn't help but notice this is your first post. I guess some of the corporate "goons" at Optics Planet hired someone to come out to web and try and patch up the sorry customer service issues and outright lies from Optics Planet.

Well here is my take on this..."just some corporate spin doctoring and double speak" from a newly hired person who is unwittingly being used as "corporate bobble head," by the bozos that run/own OP.

#1 You are probably a very nice person, do yourself a favor go find a job somewhere else, anywhere else.

#2 Call Skylar at SWFA they may be hiring, (972) 726-7348. They are honest truthful folks that make an honest living while delivering excellent customer service.

#3 There are a lot of us here that would pay the retail price at a certain unnamed gun shop in Dallas that is run by cranky owners and staff, but they have what you want and they do what they say they will do.

#4 Personally, Satan's kingdom will freeze over into a Blue Bell ice cream with chocolate syrup and cherries on top before I order from Optics Planet again.

#5 However, do not worry too much, there are enough blind, dear and dumb Wal Mart type shoppers on the THF that will buy Optics Planet cuz, well just cuz...cuz if say what I am thinking I an gonna get banned for while.

HEY THF's, I think SWFA is still giving us a discount if we mention THF, call Skylar and check. Ahhh never mind the discount just call Skylar he will take care of you.

Re: Optics Planet Order Concern [Re: HoldPoint] #3977071 01/21/13 09:23 PM
C
Cynthia D. Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
C
Hi HoldPoint, did your holster arrive? I know that sometimes carriers don't always make Saturday deliveries. Can you please PM me your order number? I can look up your order and find the tracking number for you.

Cynthia D.

Originally Posted By: HoldPoint
I just ordered a holster from optics planet and had zero issues; aside from the fact I never got a tracking number. We'll see if it shows up tomorrow as scheduled.

Re: Optics Planet Order Concern [Re: Vern1] #3977201 01/21/13 09:54 PM
C
Cynthia D. Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
C
Hi Vern1, Tactical Store is our sister store, I'll look into the header message!

And thank you for the kind words, I really appreciate it! I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a bit intimidating to post on here, but everyone has been quite nice and I know that everyone who is posting on here has their reasons.

Cynthia D.

Originally Posted By: Vern1
Optics Planet also has another store named Tactical Gear or Tactical Store or something like that that runs on the same MO.
I ordered from them and got the exact same message from them about backorders and they forgot to strip out the Optics Planet header from the message.

Cynthia, sorry your were thrown under the bus...good luck!

Re: Optics Planet Order Concern [Re: centurion2000] #3977229 01/21/13 10:00 PM
C
Cynthia D. Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
C
Thank you for your business!

Originally Posted By: centurion2000
I've ordered stuff from Optics Planet in the past. Never had a problem with them. YMMV of course.

Re: Optics Planet Order Concern [Re: dgilbert] #3977238 01/21/13 10:01 PM
C
Cynthia D. Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
C
That's great to hear! I hope it serves you well.

Dang, I just ordered a duty holster from them, not easy to find a holster for a Springfield xd. May just continue to carry the glock all the time I guess.

Finally got my hoslter, took awhile, but at least I got it.

Re: Optics Planet Order Concern [Re: Chuck McDonald] #3977288 01/21/13 10:09 PM
C
Cynthia D. Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
C
I can assure you I am not a thug smile When it comes to product recommendations, we always ask what you're going to use the gear for and your budget before we even talk about products.

Originally Posted By: Chuck McDonald
Like I have said in the past they are a bunch of thugs. I am surprised they didn't try to up sale you on the phone to something much more expensive to replace what you ordered.

Re: Optics Planet Order Concern [Re: Cynthia D.] #3978372 01/22/13 02:29 AM
B
bo3 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Hi AlaskaCub, I can see why you'd be mad. I'm not sure as to why it would show in stock when there was a 4-6 weeks wait. But your card should not have been charged none the less. We are not allowed to charge your card until we have shipped your item. This was definitely an oversight on our side and I am sincerely sorry that we dropped the ball on your order.

Cynthia D.

Originally Posted By: AlaskaCub

I'm not believing it because the same thing happened to me. I threatened to file theft charges before I could get my money back. Do not pm me I will have nothing to do with this company.

Re: Optics Planet Order Concern [Re: bo3] #3978957 01/22/13 04:46 AM
N
Naruto Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
N
I have ordered a JP Enterprises 223 Case Gauge, blackhawk axiom TH II stock, and a bullet puller from them without issue. The BP was backordered but they shipped my other stuff with out extra shipping charges right away. Took a few weeks to get the BP but I got it none the less. Shipping may be slow but they are cheap compared to most online stores and I don't have to pay taxes like I do for Amazon or CTD. Trust me I will never buy from CTD ever again.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide