Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Hunter Harrassment [Re: Old whisker] #2774873 11/22/11 03:51 AM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
What's immature about it? That's how things will occur on my side of the fence, like it, love it or leave.. altering my routine is non negotiable. (now if they're just being idiots then figure some things out about them and figure out where to go from there)

Originally Posted By: Old whisker
Originally Posted By: rifleman
the neighbor's normal use of land are being violated as well by a neighbor mad about hunting a small property. (thus being able to watch what they're doing). I ride fence and talk on the phone any time of day, more this time of yr than any other because calves are still hitting the ground, will send fence crews out to places to patch things were there aren't any cows at in preparation to turn them loose on ungrazed areas to finish off the winter.... when work needs to be done, I don't care if someone is hunting next door, if my actions effect their hunting it's not my problem, they should be out there more often to evaluate their stand set-ups.

Rifleman,
why is it that your immature and really stupid comments do not surprise me anymore??

Re: Hunter Harrassment [Re: rifleman] #2774990 11/22/11 04:30 AM
K
kmartinusa Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
K
Foxtrot-

I really have no knowledge or no real experience in this area to draw from, but what you are already doing seems to be the best course of action if I were in the same situation.

They already know that you are not happy with their activites, and the same goes vice-versa, so discussing the situation face to face is really moot.

Document what you can, call the GW to address what you've seen/documented, persue any legal recourse through appropriate channels and go about your business. The GW can and should cite when he can and any other avenues are just bonus.

I would suggest meeting the GW face to face and hopefully make your situation a priority for him.

Hopefully your efforts lead to a quick citation and cessation of the crap that you've had to deal with. It would be nice if your efforts at least lead to next season's unharrassed results. In my mind, anything else that you do would be fun but really wouldn't help you in the long run

Kevin

Last edited by kmartinusa; 11/22/11 04:34 AM.

Originally Posted by LandPirate
We kept it as a pet for several months until it got run over by a truck. Then we ate him.
Re: Hunter Harrassment [Re: Old whisker] #2775059 11/22/11 04:56 AM
T
THETEXAN Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
I would not give them the satisfaction of winning.
It would not even cross my mind. Talk to them in a person. Explain them, that they are more vulnerable than they may assume. (Especially if it their homestead and have their horses).
Ask them if they know what happens to people that seed the wind.
(I would be concerned to ride a horse next to the fence where guy is bowhunting. He may not be all that accomplished).
Accidents happens during the hunting season.........
No phone calling that they may record unless it would be very polite, informing them to stay of the fence line during the early morning and evening hours, since you have a youngster hunting with a highpowered rifle. Of course you record such a call yourself.
up

You Don't Have A PIG Problem If Ya Want to Charge $200.00
Re: Hunter Harrassment [Re: THETEXAN] #2775066 11/22/11 04:58 AM
T
THETEXAN Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
The Gw just might come out and sit with Ya and see the harrasment for himself.. I would be the harrasment of hunters citation is pretty stiff. SHAME ON THEM !!!

You Don't Have A PIG Problem If Ya Want to Charge $200.00
Re: Hunter Harrassment [Re: KG68] #2775511 11/22/11 01:54 PM
O
Old whisker Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
O
Originally Posted By: KG68
the neighbor's normal use of land are being violated as well by a neighbor mad about hunting a small property. (thus being able to watch what they're doing). I ride fence and talk on the phone any time of day, more this time of yr than any other because calves are still hitting the ground, will send fence crews out to places to patch things were there aren't any cows at in preparation to turn them loose on ungrazed areas to finish off the winter.... when work needs to be done, I don't care if someone is hunting next door, if my actions effect their hunting it's not my problem, they should be out there more often to evaluate their stand set-ups.

Rifleman,
why is it that your immature and really stupid comments do not surprise me anymore??

I'm not making rash judgements here but you should gather a little more knowledge of the real world of ranching life before you start passing your opinion of others out here in the real world. up

This neighbors "ranching life" is squeezed into a 1 month long endeavor coinciding with hunting season. Their "ranching work" consist of driving the perimeter/fence line in a truck and riding the fenceline on the horses talking on cell phones, all during the prime hunting hours.
So as a city guy I am either stupid, or "ranching" changed quite a bit in the last 30 years.......... stir

Experience is what you get, when you did not get what you wanted.......
Re: Hunter Harrassment [Re: Old whisker] #2775554 11/22/11 02:10 PM
M
Mogombie Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
Put a stand just off the fence line and give the Gameroy a free place to hunt this year.

Can't see the Forrest for all the dad burn trees!
Re: Hunter Harrassment [Re: KG68] #2775555 11/22/11 02:10 PM
J
JWP58 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
J

Rifleman,

I'm not making rash judgements here but you should gather a little more knowledge of the real world of ranching life before you start passing your opinion of others out here in the real world. up

"Ranching life" takes place on a ranch, i seriously doubt the people living next to this guy have a multi section spread.....which a ranch requiring a "ranch life" would have.

Dont be an [censored].

Re: Hunter Harrassment [Re: JWP58] #2775633 11/22/11 02:36 PM
C
crouch Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
Once again, another post turned to bashing. Thats pretty much all this forum is.

Re: Hunter Harrassment [Re: crouch] #2775661 11/22/11 02:42 PM
O
oulufinn Offline
Tracker
Tracker
O
It's actually simply a difference of opinion. Some agree that clear hunter harassment is just fine, others don't. It is an informative thread that illustrates the mindset of some folks. Good to know..

Hope the Game Warden causes some grief for the bunny huggers who are clearly harassing these hunters. Stick to it & outlast the idiots.

NRA Life Member

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen" ~ Dennis Prager
Re: Hunter Harrassment [Re: FoxTrot] #2775696 11/22/11 02:51 PM
D
Dry Fire Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
Originally Posted By: FoxTrot
then walks it popping the top strand?

I would get a solar fence charger and attach it to the top strand.

Get a live trap and put some cute bunny or squirrel in it. Place the trap about 10 feet inside your property line. Hide with a video camera (or game cam) and hope they trespass to release said critter.

Get a dying rabbit call and when they approach, shoot once, then turn it on for a few seconds. Then run up to the fence line and ask if they saw the rabbit you just shot.

Tell them that since they are interfering with your day hunting, you are going to hunt hogs at night and hope the sound of guns firing doesn't wake them up.

coffee spelled backwards is eeffoc. I don't give eeffoc until I have my morning coffee.
Re: Hunter Harrassment [Re: Dry Fire] #2775954 11/22/11 04:22 PM
R
rmneal Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
R
Originally Posted By: Dry Fire
Originally Posted By: FoxTrot
then walks it popping the top strand?

Get a dying rabbit call and when they approach, shoot once, then turn it on for a few seconds. Then run up to the fence line and ask if they saw the rabbit you just shot.

Greatness! rofl

Re: Hunter Harrassment [Re: Dry Fire] #2776018 11/22/11 04:45 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
FT, Just talk again with the GW and let him know your ready to pursue any action he is willing to provide. From what you've said, he already has a "feel" for these people and you also have corroborating witnesses (other property owners), BUT I would not waste his time, or yours, if your still "on the fence" with this. Otherwise I'd let the dice fall where they may, the neighbors have decided that your views should mirror theirs and have fire the 1st volley so to speak.

Only 2 "views I can see have already been posted, 1, you either run to the hills, or 2 make all the stand you can legally. Maybe a 3rd possibility, join their cause and sit around a bonfire signing Kum-bi-yaah over fresh Tofu.

No one on here will decide the outcome, or have the full feel for the situation as you and parties involved. it's all opinion based on presented "facts" (your side). I think you have a good shot at this since you have other witnesses and the GW is already had the same complaints.

If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you..

"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln

Dennis

Re: Hunter Harrassment [Re: JWP58] #2776056 11/22/11 04:56 PM
K
KG68 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Originally Posted By: JWP58

Rifleman,

"Ranching life" takes place on a ranch, i seriously doubt the people living next to this guy have a multi section spread.....which a ranch requiring a "ranch life" would have.

Dont be an [censored].

My post was not to address the OP's problems with his idiot neighbors but to point out to a new member of less than two weeks maybe he should forgo the member bashing until he had learned a little more about the THF family and their members. Now back to a very interesting topic and thread that lots of us have strong opinions about.

Re: Hunter Harrassment [Re: oulufinn] #2776150 11/22/11 05:32 PM
O
Old whisker Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
O
Originally Posted By: oulufinn
It's actually simply a difference of opinion. Some agree that clear hunter harassment is just fine, others don't. It is an informative thread that illustrates the mindset of some folks. Good to know..

Hope the Game Warden causes some grief for the bunny huggers who are clearly harassing these hunters. Stick to it & outlast the idiots.

You could not have said it better.
There is a plenty country folks with a big chip on the shoulder, that just dying to make a life miserable for city folk that has the balls to venture in their kingdom.
Next thing they hate is to find out that we dare to know as much about the wildlife as thay do.
For Pete sakes, this hunter is a bowhunter!
To make the kill, not even the whitetail should know about him.
That defines this neighbors opposition as a CLEAR HARASSMENT!

Experience is what you get, when you did not get what you wanted.......
Re: Hunter Harrassment [Re: Old whisker] #2776598 11/22/11 08:20 PM
M
Medinabuck Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
M
So tenure on this forum makes someone more credible...interesting concept.

Re: Hunter Harrassment [Re: Medinabuck] #2776635 11/22/11 08:32 PM
txshntr Online Content
T-Rex Arms
Online Content
T-Rex Arms
Originally Posted By: Medinabuck

Sure, makes perfect sense...Most the people that have been on this forum for any length of time develop a relationship of sorts with others. You get to expect what they will say and what they will post about. You understand the reasons they have specific views and mostly because it is based on their perspective that comes from their style of life.

On the other hand, tenure on this forum can make someone less credible. They are always an idiot, always trolling or always stirring the pot.

If someone that has very few posts and hasn't been around that long jumps in and attacks someone that has been here, it is possible to reason that person is simply being a jerk, rather than providing relevant information to the topic.

Just my 2cents

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Hunter Harrassment [Re: Old whisker] #2776651 11/22/11 08:38 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: oulufinn

You could not have said it better.
There is a plenty country folks with a big chip on the shoulder, that just dying to make a life miserable for city folk that has the balls to venture in their kingdom.
Next thing they hate is to find out that we dare to know as much about the wildlife as thay do.
For Pete sakes, this hunter is a bowhunter!
To make the kill, not even the whitetail should know about him.
That defines this neighbors opposition as a CLEAR HARASSMENT!

Unless you know the people on the land next to the OP, and their daily routine you can only make assumptions. If they do this routine almost everyday, you will have a hard time proving harassment, it maybe crazy and stupid, but crazy and stupid is not against the law. The state has to prove it, not you, not he OP, all the neighbors have to do is show that it is their normal routine.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Hunter Harrassment [Re: dogcatcher] #2776700 11/22/11 08:59 PM
A
Armalite260 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A
Originally Posted By: txshntr
Originally Posted By: Medinabuck

Sure, makes perfect sense...Most the people that have been on this forum for any length of time develop a relationship of sorts with others. You get to expect what they will say and what they will post about. You understand the reasons they have specific views and mostly because it is based on their perspective that comes from their style of life.

On the other hand, tenure on this forum can make someone less credible. They are always an idiot, always trolling or always stirring the pot.

If someone that has very few posts and hasn't been around that long jumps in and attacks someone that has been here, it is possible to reason that person is simply being a jerk, rather than providing relevant information to the topic.

Just my 2cents

X10 popcorn

Re: Hunter Harrassment [Re: Armalite260] #2776721 11/22/11 09:11 PM
P
postoak Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
P
You kind of messed up by calling the gamewarden in on them before talking to them yourself. Best thing now is still go talk to them. Try to find out if they are really anti-hunter. Maybe they'll even say right out that they are trying to intefere with your hunting. At least then you'd know where you stand with them.

Is this a situation where your 80 acres is pasture and you are pulling deer out of cover on their land? I could see why this might annoy bunny-huggers, but legally, aside from high-fencing, they can't intefere with your hunting.

Re: Hunter Harrassment [Re: postoak] #2776744 11/22/11 09:21 PM
E
ETXbuckman Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
E
Forgive my ignorance but is there a way to put an electric charge in that top strand of barbwire? I would almost pay $ to see their reaction the first time they tried to pop that thing rofl

Re: Hunter Harrassment [Re: ETXbuckman] #2776882 11/22/11 10:06 PM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: ETXbuckman
Forgive my ignorance but is there a way to put an electric charge in that top strand of barbwire? I would almost pay $ to see their reaction the first time they tried to pop that thing rofl

No, it would ground out with the all of the contact it has.

[Linked Image]
Re: Hunter Harrassment [Re: dogcatcher] #2777429 11/23/11 01:39 AM
R
roguex Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
I've dealt with this before on a land locked 40 acre that I had in Minnesota. If the guy doesn't trespass he can pretty much harass you from his side of the fence all he wants and there is nothing that can be done about it. Get another lease and move on. It'll save you a lot of stress.

Re: Hunter Harrassment [Re: FoxTrot] #2778035 11/23/11 04:43 AM
M
mws Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
It is easy to stop it. No need to call the gw. Kill all the small animals you can find and hang the skin next to the fence with a large note. (The killing will stop if I never see or hear you again) if that does not work get a daisy bb gun and see how fast the horse can run. If they keep doing it shoot the horse and what ever they ride in.

Re: Hunter Harrassment [Re: mws] #2778089 11/23/11 05:15 AM
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: mws
if that does not work get a daisy bb gun and see how fast the horse can run. If they keep doing it shoot the horse and what ever they ride in.

That would probably get him some fines and jail time.

[Linked Image]
Re: Hunter Harrassment [Re: dogcatcher] #2778376 11/23/11 01:17 PM
1txarsy Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
This can be compared to the Second Amendment fight. Every little battle the anti's win is ground they will never give back. Don't give an inch and keep up the fight. Just think out everything you do and don't do anything to jeopardize YOUR progress. Remember, they will never tell you if they are about to give up. You shouldn't either.

I kind of liked what mws's idea. "No need to call the gw. Kill all the small animals you can find and hang the skin next to the fence with a large note. (The killing will stop if I never see or hear you again)"

I did not like the BB gun part, it would just be trouble for you if you shot their horse with it even though it most likely wouldn't hurt the horse.

S'water
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide