Forums46
Topics538,678
Posts9,739,972
Members87,102
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Dan's annual list of what to do or say to get thrown off your lease [Re: Hill Country Hunter] #2648223 10/10/11 08:15 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
"you're daughter is built like a brick **** house... I'm bunkin' with her"

^^^ always keeps things interesting at camp up

Re: Dan's annual list of what to do or say to get thrown off your lease [Re: Hill Country Hunter] #2648225 10/10/11 08:15 PM
C
cameron00 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted By: Hill Country Hunter
Originally Posted By: cameron00
I will say this, the next clown that brings a bunch of 4LOKO isn't coming back.

?????

Okay, fine. As long as you don't make me drink it, bring all you like.

Re: Dan's annual list of what to do or say to get thrown off your lease [Re: cameron00] #2648287 10/10/11 08:32 PM
D
DiverTexas Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
"I must have missed that rule".

"Sorry about not getting my fees to you on time, stuff came up".

"He sure looked 5 1/2 through my scope".

Re: Dan's annual list of what to do or say to get thrown off your lease [Re: DiverTexas] #2648299 10/10/11 08:35 PM
BuckRage Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
a boy buck has the antler's and a girl buck doesn't right?

[Linked Image]
Re: Dan's annual list of what to do or say to get thrown off your lease [Re: txshntr] #2648320 10/10/11 08:45 PM
D
Dustnsand Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted By: txshntr
Originally Posted By: Texas Dan
Anyone who has ever hunted with others on a lease knows full well how some guys manage to get thrown off their lease. With the start of gun season just a few weeks away, here again is my list of things to do or say that can bring your new lease membership to a premature end. My reasons for each one will be explained as feedback dictates.

And please, feel free to add your own for the benefit of those who need to hear them.

1. "Can I bring a friend and how many deer can he shoot?"
We have rules that establish friends and family rules. They hunt with you and can shoot as many culls and does so long as they can tag them. No issue
2. "Work days? I work on weekends."
We have a group of 5 on our place that work weekends. No issue
3. "I have a (insert anything that can be used at the lease) but it's broken."
confused2 Tell em to bring it and we will fix it
4. "I only take head shots with my 7mm mag."
You lose it, it is your deer
5. "If you pick up some (whatever), I'll pay you back."
We do this all the time
6. "I can't clean deer because the sight of blood makes me pass out."
I have no issue cleaning deer for women and kids. If you are a man and hunt, deal with it

7. "My mom never taught me how to cook."
Buy the food and we can make a deal
8. "Practice? Heck, I can shoot a fly off a frogs butt at 200 yeards."
Refer to the Head shot comment

9. "Guys, I really wish I could stay around to help clean up but my wife is expecting me back."
I understand, sometimes my wife wants me back too.

10. "I've tried marriage three times and it just isn't for me."
Usually makes for good stories around the campfire

up

Txshntr, I think I could get along with you on a deer lease up. Dan on the other hand....

Re: Dan's annual list of what to do or say to get thrown off your lease [Re: BuckRage] #2648323 10/10/11 08:46 PM
T
Texas Dan Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: BuckRage

You might surprised at what some of your hunting partners don't know. After helping a guy who is several years older than me (I'm 52) find his deer, he confided in me that he never knew a deer could run so far after being shot. He admitted that he wasn't sure how many deer he had probably left in the woods before seeing it first hand.

"Some people will never like you because your spirit irritates their demons."
Re: Dan's annual list of what to do or say to get thrown off your lease [Re: Texas Dan] #2648340 10/10/11 08:52 PM
S
Shortysboy09 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
Originally Posted By: BuckRage

You might surprised at what some of your hunting partners don't know. After helping a guy who is several years older than me (I'm 52) find his deer, he confided in me that he never knew a deer could run so far after being shot. He admitted that he wasn't sure how many deer he had probably left in the woods before seeing it first hand.

That's for sure a "hang your head and cover your face with your hand" moment...

Re: Dan's annual list of what to do or say to get thrown off your lease [Re: Dustnsand] #2648343 10/10/11 08:52 PM
T
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: z71dustin
Txshntr, I think I could get along with you on a deer lease up. Dan on the other hand....

That is perhaps one of the best things about these forums. It gives people the chance to air their thoughts and suggestions for comparison with others, and to inform those who simply don't know better.

Like anything where you will be spending a lot of time with a group of people, it's best to find those who suit you best.

Re: Dan's annual list of what to do or say to get thrown off your lease [Re: Texas Dan] #2648408 10/10/11 09:14 PM
T
texfork Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
" Oh Gee , I forgot to stop and get me some beer , can I guzzle yours ?"

Prayer is the "ultimate" wireless connection .
Re: Dan's annual list of what to do or say to get thrown off your lease [Re: texfork] #2648425 10/10/11 09:20 PM
C
cameron00 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted By: texfork
" Oh Gee , I forgot to stop and get me some beer , can I guzzle yours ?"

We avoid this issue by having everyone bring about 1.5 times the beer they think they'll need. Any leftovers are a donation to the landowner, and if he doesn't want it, someone else always does.

Re: Dan's annual list of what to do or say to get thrown off your lease [Re: cameron00] #2648441 10/10/11 09:26 PM
T
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
On most leases, ownership or access to a working tractor and implements can definitely get your name placed at the front of the waiting list.

Re: Dan's annual list of what to do or say to get thrown off your lease [Re: Texas Dan] #2648568 10/10/11 10:08 PM
C
Csddarden Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
I've hunted with 2 of my lease members for over 15 years and I've known the other member my entire life. We all get along, and we all help eachother out whenever we can. Two of the members haven't even seen the new lease yet. I set up all the feeders, setup the blinds, and walk to check the cameras everytime. Doesn't bother me at all. I don't mind someon drinkin my beer, not being able to cook, etc. etc. Some of us only shoot our does in the noggin, but we also practice religiously and I haven't seen a doe shot at during rifle season by ANY of us that wasn't DRT in the past 15-18 years (not kidding on that one). We never do the "my stand, your stand" thing, anyone can sit anywhere they wish. If two people want to sit at the same spot, we'll play rock-paper-scissors for it or somethin.

Honestly, I can't imagine getting on a lease with people I don't know. Everyone on every place I've EVER hunted has been a good friend or family and by now, we're all family in a sense.

Re: Dan's annual list of what to do or say to get thrown off your lease [Re: Csddarden] #2648611 10/10/11 10:22 PM
BuckRage Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Csddarden
I've hunted with 2 of my lease members for over 15 years and I've known the other member my entire life. We all get along, and we all help eachother out whenever we can. Two of the members haven't even seen the new lease yet. I set up all the feeders, setup the blinds, and walk to check the cameras everytime. Doesn't bother me at all. I don't mind someon drinkin my beer, not being able to cook, etc. etc. Some of us only shoot our does in the noggin, but we also practice religiously and I haven't seen a doe shot at during rifle season by ANY of us that wasn't DRT in the past 15-18 years (not kidding on that one). We never do the "my stand, your stand" thing, anyone can sit anywhere they wish. If two people want to sit at the same spot, we'll play rock-paper-scissors for it or somethin.

Honestly, I can't imagine getting on a lease with people I don't know. Everyone on every place I've EVER hunted has been a good friend or family and by now, we're all family in a sense.

your a lucky man

[Linked Image]
Re: Dan's annual list of what to do or say to get thrown off your lease [Re: Csddarden] #2648615 10/10/11 10:23 PM
T
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
T

Which goes back to my comment about every new lease member being an "unknown". Until someone knows you, they're not sure they want to hunt with you. Like many, I've learned that funny things can happen to a guy once you put a gun in his hands so he can go and kill something.

Let's keep in mind this thread is really meant for those who are newcomers to lease hunting. The rest, who for various reasons often find themselves looking for a new lease, will probably never change their ways.

Re: Dan's annual list of what to do or say to get thrown off your lease [Re: Csddarden] #2648619 10/10/11 10:27 PM
T
TxGameHunter Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
I know I said I would help get that stand up but it is raining and I don't want to drive an extra 600 yards and risk getting my Chevy stuck. We will see you back at camp!

I don't even have a camper there and you expect me to pay for electricity, even though the rules I signed said I would!

Re: Dan's annual list of what to do or say to get thrown off your lease [Re: Csddarden] #2648620 10/10/11 10:27 PM
T
Texan Til I Die Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T

That's about the way ours works too. But I've seen a few over the years that dang sure didn't! It also helps that we're hunting 1 hunter per 700 acres. It also helps that other than opening weekend, only half of us are there at any given time. So far, I've had the entire ranch to myself for bow season.

Silver spurs and gold tequila
keep me hanging on.
Pretty girls and old cantinas
give me shelter from the storm.
Re: Dan's annual list of what to do or say to get thrown off your lease [Re: Texan Til I Die] #2648630 10/10/11 10:31 PM
J
JCB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
"You mean you didnt get my check??.....I mailed it last week."

Re: Dan's annual list of what to do or say to get thrown off your lease [Re: rifleman] #2648641 10/10/11 10:35 PM
JakeinTX Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Originally Posted By: rifleman

laugh

Last edited by JakeinTX; 10/10/11 10:35 PM.
Re: Dan's annual list of what to do or say to get thrown off your lease [Re: cameron00] #2648789 10/10/11 11:17 PM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
Just telling you what would get a person not invited back to the places I hunt.

Also:

"If you guys wouldn't mind turning the music off at 10:00, I'd like to hit the hay early."
Those are definite no-no's here.By no-no's I mean don't tell me I can't drink and listen to music for crying out loud.

Life is too short, as is. Don't chance it.
Don't text and drive.
Re: Dan's annual list of what to do or say to get thrown off your lease [Re: JakeinTX] #2648815 10/10/11 11:23 PM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
Originally Posted By: JakeinTX
Originally Posted By: rifleman

laugh
"you wouldn't mind if she rubbed lotion on my hard to reach areas would you"?My skin is a little dry. banana

Life is too short, as is. Don't chance it.
Don't text and drive.
Re: Dan's annual list of what to do or say to get thrown off your lease [Re: Hill Country Hunter] #2648824 10/10/11 11:26 PM
P
pokerj2 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Can you get my deer for me Im allergic to deer hair

President of American Entitlements LLC
Health insurance agency focusing in all ages from ACA plans all the way through Medicare.
Office is based in Wylie, TX
We have local agents in both Texas and Louisiana
469-814-0289
Re: Dan's annual list of what to do or say to get thrown off your lease [Re: Texas Dan] #2649182 10/11/11 12:40 AM
C
cameron00 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Let's keep in mind this thread is really meant for those who are newcomers to lease hunting. The rest, who for various reasons often find themselves looking for a new lease, will probably never change their ways.

I'm being dead serious: I think there are just as many leases that would kick someone off for being a stick in the mud as there are for ridiculous things like asking someone to cover them and they'll pay back later.

I hunt to relax and get away from work. So do the guys I hunt with. Somebody starts acting uppity, and they ain't getting the call next time.

Re: Dan's annual list of what to do or say to get thrown off your lease [Re: cameron00] #2649250 10/11/11 12:48 AM
M
mws Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
That is way I have my own place to hunt grill. Rules are for the people that do not have common sense dunce.

My rule is want a beer we are at the ranch. Before it gets started slingerI did not say lets get drunk and go hunting.

Re: Dan's annual list of what to do or say to get thrown off your lease [Re: cameron00] #2649257 10/11/11 12:50 AM
T
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
I'm being dead serious: I think there are just as many leases that would kick someone off for being a stick in the mud as there are for ridiculous things like asking someone to cover them and they'll pay back later.

I hunt to relax and get away from work. So do the guys I hunt with. Somebody starts acting uppity, and they ain't getting the call next time.

If your definition of "uppity" means taking issue with a guy who always claims to be broke, never has a free weekend to help out, always waits for someone else to provide the tools, or in general, never shows up for anything until the start of the season, then please, sign me up.

Or better yet, if you know someone who ALWAYS brings something to put on the fire for himself and six other guys, is the first to offer to buy something needed in camp, is the first to show up and last to leave on work weekends, can clean a deer and not leave a single hair anywhere on it, and may go an entire month of the season without ever firing a shot, please pass along their name. It might come in handy during one of those rare occasions when we have an opening after someone moves or passes away.

Re: Dan's annual list of what to do or say to get thrown off your lease [Re: Texas Dan] #2649399 10/11/11 01:20 AM
P
Palehorse Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
How about the questions from "Airplane"?

1. Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

2. Do you like movies about gladiators?

3. Have you ever been to a Turkish prison?

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide