Reality Outdoors Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
R

Eddie
Reality Outdoors
www.realityoutdoors.com

Re: Hows this????? Guess the score [Re: Reality Outdoors] #2606067 09/24/11 12:25 AM
M
Mankussm Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
smile Which ONE!!!!

2O1R2D0

Re: Hows this????? Guess the score [Re: Mankussm] #2606073 09/24/11 12:27 AM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
His name should definitely be "sir splits a lot".

Amat Victoria Curam - Victory Loves Preparation
Re: Hows this????? Guess the score [Re: Reality Outdoors] #2606118 09/24/11 12:50 AM
J
JCB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
How cute......it looks like those deer have thier own little dog deer house. grin

Re: Hows this????? Guess the score [Re: JCB] #2606759 09/24/11 12:41 PM
D
DeerSmokeScreen.com Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
Those deer look young... 3 1/2 years???

Pen raised bucks get huge... QUICK!!!

The one in the front looks like 195-203.

One in back 173-180.

Re: Hows this????? Guess the score [Re: DeerSmokeScreen.com] #2606907 09/24/11 02:35 PM
I
indianapigsticker Offline
Tracker
Tracker
I
eek2

A hunt based on only trophies being taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be,time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds,animals, and fish that live there. -Fred Bear
Re: Hows this????? Guess the score [Re: indianapigsticker] #2607361 09/24/11 07:33 PM
T
TxHunter18 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
hf?

Re: Hows this????? Guess the score [Re: TxHunter18] #2607429 09/24/11 08:25 PM
C
Cool_Hand Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Freaks! Interupting the natural way of nature all in the name of money. I know some of you see nothing wrong with this but what enjoyment can you possibly get from shooting a pen raised deer? I don't know, maybe its because I fool with cows all the time and I couln't shoot one of them unless it was hurt and suffering. Besides that there is no sport in shooting a pen raised deer IMHO. My2cents.

Benny
Promise Ranch
Re: Hows this????? Guess the score [Re: Cool_Hand] #2607852 09/25/11 12:00 AM
C
Cborden Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
C
Barf

Re: Hows this????? Guess the score [Re: Cborden] #2608213 09/25/11 03:30 AM
MikeC Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
How about a low fence deer that rivals these, is he any more attractive?

www.connerknives.net

In every old body lives a young person wondering what the hell happened!

[Linked Image]
Re: Hows this????? Guess the score [Re: MikeC] #2608219 09/25/11 03:35 AM
B
BMD Offline
Silver Spoon
Silver Spoon
B
LF is always more impressive!

Re: Hows this????? Guess the score [Re: BMD] #2608386 09/25/11 07:34 AM
J
justincorbell Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
holy droptines batman that one needs a carbon shaft!

"ya'll may all go to hell, im going to TEXAS"
Re: Hows this????? Guess the score [Re: Cool_Hand] #2608390 09/25/11 07:49 AM
D
DSST_Construction Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted By: Cool_Hand
Freaks! Interupting the natural way of nature all in the name of money. I know some of you see nothing wrong with this but what enjoyment can you possibly get from shooting a pen raised deer? I don't know, maybe its because I fool with cows all the time and I couln't shoot one of them unless it was hurt and suffering. Besides that there is no sport in shooting a pen raised deer IMHO. My2cents.

Well said, im guessing that in the future HF ranches will over price themselfs and there will be no more raising deer. I would feel really bad rasing a animal and having another person pay me to "hunt it". An please no one tell me that its hard hunting high fence, you know the big bucks are on the property because you raised them, and also if you miss you know he isnt going anywhere.

We work anything an everything masonry,we have been in this trade for over 40+ years of experience.
We fix/repair/build anything masonry

DSST Construction Services
Deputy (713) 826-4451
Office (713) 417-7167
Email k5blaser88@yahoo.com

Re: Hows this????? Guess the score [Re: Cool_Hand] #2608589 09/25/11 02:09 PM
T
texfork Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T

X 2 .

Prayer is the "ultimate" wireless connection .
Re: Hows this????? Guess the score [Re: DSST_Construction] #2609096 09/25/11 06:00 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Originally Posted By: DSST_Construction

Well said, im guessing that in the future HF ranches will over price themselfs and there will be no more raising deer. I would feel really bad rasing a animal and having another person pay me to "hunt it". An please no one tell me that its hard hunting high fence, you know the big bucks are on the property because you raised them, and also if you miss you know he isnt going anywhere.

That's a bold-faced lie. There is a huge difference in between pen-raised deer and HF deer. HF deer are in no way any different than a LF deer. People need to see that HF's are put up for management purposes in most places, not to make a petting zoo.

Re: Hows this????? Guess the score [Re: KWood_TSU] #2609374 09/25/11 08:44 PM
C
Cool_Hand Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Originally Posted By: KWood_TSU

That's a bold-faced lie. There is a huge difference in between pen-raised deer and HF deer. HF deer are in no way any different than a LF deer. People need to see that HF's are put up for management purposes in most places, not to make a petting zoo.

KWood, let me say this please. I'm a land owner with a hunting ranch. We are LF free range and have been operating for many years. We have HF ranches all around us and there is not one of them in the business of management sir. They do it for the money.

No, they are not petting zoos but the deer are penned......for a reason I might add. Give you three guesses why! You called me a liar when you need to do your homework and look into why there are HF ranches. If you know one that is in the business for management.....its a rare find and....that no lie!

If you think they are in it for management reasons just ask them how much it would cost to shoot one. I think you'll change you mind. And to top it off, you are perfectly correct in there being a huge difference in the two types of ranches. One is purely for the sport and the other is purely for the bragging rights. I'll let you decide which one is which!

Allow me to add one other item. I don't think, IMHO, that I could tell my hunting buddies I really got a nice buck on a HF ranch. Theres just something there that doesn't fit! What some of us fail to see is that sellig hunting is a business. For me there is an ethical side to it. I tend to think after talking to the surrounding HF ranchers that they cater to the high-end clientel rather than the 9-5ers! Again, JMHO.

Last edited by Cool_Hand; 09/25/11 08:53 PM.

Benny
Promise Ranch
Re: Hows this????? Guess the score [Re: Cool_Hand] #2609427 09/25/11 09:16 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K

KWood, let me say this please. I'm a land owner with a hunting ranch. We are LF free range and have been operating for many years. We have HF ranches all around us and there is not one of them in the business of management sir. They do it for the money.

No, they are not petting zoos but the deer are penned......for a reason I might add. Give you three guesses why! You called me a liar when you need to do your homework and look into why there are HF ranches. If you know one that is in the business for management.....its a rare find and....that no lie!

If you think they are in it for management reasons just ask them how much it would cost to shoot one. I think you'll change you mind. And to top it off, you are perfectly correct in there being a huge difference in the two types of ranches. One is purely for the sport and the other is purely for the bragging rights. I'll let you decide which one is which!

Allow me to add one other item. I don't think, IMHO, that I could tell my hunting buddies I really got a nice buck on a HF ranch. Theres just something there that doesn't fit! What some of us fail to see is that sellig hunting is a business. For me there is an ethical side to it. I tend to think after talking to the surrounding HF ranchers that they cater to the high-end clientel rather than the 9-5ers! Again, JMHO.

I completely understand what you're saying. Yes, they are selling the hunts, but it is for management. And I did not call you a liar. I know the difference in between breeding pens and natural native HF ranches, I've worked on one. I'm glad I did work on one, because it was nice to see how these deer are no different than a LF deer. They dont even know that they are penned.

Re: Hows this????? Guess the score [Re: KWood_TSU] #2609431 09/25/11 09:18 PM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
My lie comment was faced to DSST when he said that those deer are easy to hunt. And deer will disappear after shot at. And there are even some deer that our complete ghosts on HF's too.

Re: Hows this????? Guess the score [Re: KWood_TSU] #2609547 09/25/11 10:13 PM
D
deewayne2003 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
My lie comment was faced to DSST when he said that those deer are easy to hunt. And deer will disappear after shot at. And there are even some deer that our complete ghosts on HF's too.

I see both side of the story,I have hunted highfenced ranches and honestly none of them were overly difficult to hunt on but you did have some deer that would spook and the biggest challenge we dealing with the weather and managment criteria.

On the other hand I was recently at a hunting camp listening to 2 guys talk about how they had been hunting at the....

"MOST EXCLUSIVE HIGH FENCED RANCH IN IOWA!!!!" and they went on and on about how big the deer were and BLAH BLAH BLAH

I met the guy who breeds deer for that "ranch" and they breed the deer in pens and raise them to 3yo and truck them to the hunting ranch in cattle trailers and release them to be shot in the next 2 years with cattle tags still in there ears!

Thats right these HF deer I am talking about are so hard to kill that when these guys arive at camp the guides have videos of each and every buck on this 1500ac place and have each buck named and the hunters sit at a table and they lay out a deck of cards and draw for who gets to shoot what.....because thats the only fair way they could think of was to draw cards.

These are the operations that give every one a bad name and I will go ahead and say that is not hunting that is simply puffing your chest out and saying "Look at what I can afford to kill"

To each their own but there is room in the hunting world for us all, I have hunted highfenced ranches but I still prefer big LF whitetails...

Re: Hows this????? Guess the score [Re: deewayne2003] #2609770 09/26/11 12:00 AM
K
KWood_TSU Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
We had video of most deer, and they had names, but they get names so it's easier to talk about them. It's alot easier to say a deers name, than to say you know that one buck we always see over there with the split right G3, and etc.... And yes, to the hunter, these deer will probably be fairly easy to hunt, because someone is scouting them already and they know their patterns. These deer are still 100% wild though.

Re: Hows this????? Guess the score [Re: KWood_TSU] #2609917 09/26/11 12:54 AM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
trout

Life is too short, as is. Don't chance it.
Don't text and drive.
Re: Hows this????? Guess the score [Re: Erathkid] #2609953 09/26/11 01:05 AM
K
kyle1974 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
K
haters be hatin.... as usual.

wise [censored] comments like "penned".... apparently some people don't think it's fair if a deer is in high fence, but if there is one hunter every 32 acres, that's perfectly fine. which is more unfair? 200 hunters on 10,000 acres on low fence, or 10 hunters on 10,000 acres high fence? does a deer stand a better chance on one or the other?

Re: Hows this????? Guess the score [Re: kyle1974] #2609989 09/26/11 01:14 AM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms
Originally Posted By: kyle1974
haters be hatin.... as usual.

wise [censored] comments like "penned".... apparently some people don't think it's fair if a deer is in high fence, but if there is one hunter every 32 acres, that's perfectly fine. which is more unfair? 200 hunters on 10,000 acres on low fence, or 10 hunters on 10,000 acres high fence? does a deer stand a better chance on one or the other?

I don't have a dog in this fight, but there is a slight flaw in your analogy...let's compare apples to apples. Which is more fair? 200 hunters on 10k acres LF or 200 hunters on 10k HF

Pretty sure the pressure on the LF is going to push most the deer off to the neighbors, where are the ones in the HF going to go confused2

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Hows this????? Guess the score [Re: txshntr] #2610017 09/26/11 01:21 AM
K
kyle1974 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
K
where will a deer go in a 10,000 acre HF? maybe they will go 4 or 5 miles away, since 10,000 acres is about 15 square miles....

it's different goals, which is fine... but if a group of people can go shoot every friggen deer that walks out in front of them, then people should be able to manage their property in exactly the opposite manner to get the best quality they can.

Last edited by kyle1974; 09/26/11 01:24 AM.
Re: Hows this????? Guess the score [Re: kyle1974] #2610060 09/26/11 01:29 AM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms
muyloco

I hunt on 10k acres and can assure you that the deer would have a hard time hiding from 200 people and there would be very few left on my ranch if we tried it. Just saying a HF does keep that from happening.

I understand your argument about management practices on certain LF places, but IMO, using this example of a poorly managed hunt club isn't any different than the other folks using the HF equivalent, like a deer farm. Both are not the norm, they just come up alot in arguments because they show the extreme. up

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide