Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Oh my god these stink [Re: Spectrum] #2566658 09/08/11 04:13 AM
C
chopsknives Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
Bla Bla Bla If U pay U get to Play! If not it's left to Illeagal hunters who don give a sh if the species lives r not!

Re: Oh my god these stink [Re: Spectrum] #2566659 09/08/11 04:13 AM
G
glasshole Offline
Tracker
Tracker
G
popcorn

Re: Oh my god these stink [Re: MacDaddy21] #2566669 09/08/11 04:18 AM
S
silverphoenix Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
Originally Posted By: MacDaddy21

My first post was my opinion as well, take it or leave it. Do not criticize me for not thinking before I speak. You failed to read my second post and made a silly comment because you had not read the thread all the way through and you came in and posted something based off an early comment. I believe that would be considered as failure to think before speaking. That is hypocritical.

I don't have a "case" to help either. I have an opinion, and I expressed it. Thankfully, I am entitled to do so through the existence of Freedom of Speech. If my opinion offended you, I'm sorry. I'm not intentionally saying things to anger people. I apologized to the OP, and that is what matters.

My opinion bothered several people, and it took this thread off on an unnecessary tangent. It was all over when the OP posted and said to give me a break because I mean no offense and he valued my opinion. Frankly, your post was uncalled for. But guess what? It was your opinion, and I disagreed with it, so I said something about it.

At the end of the day, I have my opinion and you have yours. People will always agree to disagree.

I'll make a toast to that. cheers

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Are you in College Station? Like 3-Gun? Click Below!
http://www.facebook.com/Aggie3Gunners
Re: Oh my god these stink [Re: silverphoenix] #2566730 09/08/11 06:26 AM
D
DSST_Construction Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
lol this is a funny post. Who cares what people do with there money, isnt that what makes America great that we can choose to spend it one anything we want?

We work anything an everything masonry,we have been in this trade for over 40+ years of experience.
We fix/repair/build anything masonry

DSST Construction Services
Deputy (713) 826-4451
Office (713) 417-7167
Email k5blaser88@yahoo.com

Re: Oh my god these stink [Re: DSST_Construction] #2566735 09/08/11 06:37 AM
S
SR025 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted By: DSST_Construction
lol this is a funny post. Who cares what people do with there money, isnt that what makes America great that we can choose to spend it one anything we want?

up

Re: Oh my god these stink [Re: SR025] #2566984 09/08/11 01:33 PM
M
Misfire Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
Coulda made a couple of very effective fly swatters from the ears..

"I wanna go fast" -Ricky Bobby

"Mind bottling isn't it?" -Chazz Michael Michaels

Re: Oh my god these stink [Re: Chopped54] #2570085 09/09/11 05:11 PM
A
Aitsurido Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
A
Originally Posted By: Chopped54
MacDaddy21 either is the same person as Aitsurido, or he has a stalker....
No. I am my own person.

Death smiles at everyone. Marines smile back.
Re: Oh my god these stink [Re: Chopped54] #2570137 09/09/11 05:32 PM
A
Aitsurido Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
A
Originally Posted By: rstelandman
Who r u to judge
Good question and noted. I will do my best to not judge people because I do not know them nor can I read their mind. Now apply it to yourself.

Originally Posted By: TAT
You wont be here very long with that attitude!

Please explain.

Its a shame that intonation doesn't translated well to print.

Death smiles at everyone. Marines smile back.
Re: Oh my god these stink [Re: Aitsurido] #2570283 09/09/11 06:41 PM
D
dutton1 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
popcorn

“Politics is the only field in which the more experience you have, the worse you get." KF
Re: Oh my god these stink [Re: Aitsurido] #2570362 09/09/11 07:17 PM
Steve
Steve
Originally Posted By: Aitsurido
And honestly, you don't really need to hunt an elephant do you? ...and the trophy is feet. I mean, come on, really?

He wasn't just going to hand over his feet via polite asking. Besides, I don't speak elephant, and low probability that it speaks "redneck".

I have no earthly desire to hunt Elk, but I don't have any derogatory thoughts or emotions towards those who do enjoy it either. I think that Elk qaulify as a "Magnificant and Majestic creature" and have no ill feelings toward those that hunt them and will wish them all the luck and success in the world, just not my cup of tea. I would like to try and bugle one up however for a photo op, it's on the bucket list.

Chupa

Re: Oh my god these stink [Re: Aitsurido] #2570484 09/09/11 08:09 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Originally Posted By: Aitsurido
Originally Posted By: Csddarden
Dude, those trpphy fees you pay ensure that there will continue to be land protected for these beasts to roam. If it weren't for hunters like us, the land could/would be taken over for cattle-faming and the like.Plus all meat was donated to the locals. You know how many hungry people over there that these things fed? Multiple villages.

Then why not take the awesome 30k trophy fees and start a land trust for the game or buy some land outright and donate it to the local villages? Maybe get a village named after you or something kind of like the Sally Strothers deal in South America where you get updates and photos? You'd keep the animals alive, provide for their well being, provide jobs for those that would be their caretakers, and also provide a budding tourist economy that could help out more than you could imagine. And honestly, you don't really need to hunt an elephant do you? ...and the trophy is feet. I mean, come on, really? The trophy is the part of the animal that gets thrown away in this country. I mean couldn't you get your "man angries" on with a room full of hookers, rubber sheets, baby oil, and a cattle prod?

All that being said, if it was done with a self bow and handmade arrows or a hand made spear made without the convenience of modern technology I would likely applaud.

I don't understand what it is in a man that would compel him to seek this as a sport but birds gotta fly & fish gotta swim I guess.

How do you know these were not depredation permits issued by the local government to crop out over populated numbers to keep them in check with their habitat as many areas have the numbers way overpopulated and they are eating them selves out of a place to live now. They can and are destroying the habitat around them. Most if not all hunting conscesions are issued limited number of harvest tags and it varies from region to region and year to year by population numbers. Some get tuskless cow and cow permits to cull numbers also to keep the better genetics in the herds. Will buying more land in solve that problem when they can go anywhere they please now? Where can they go that is not over eaten or over populated in some regions? I do not think there is ever one scrap on a elephants carcass that is wasted as it is all taken by the local villagers and used by them for a source of protein. Just my opinion.

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: Oh my god these stink [Re: stxranchman] #2570518 09/09/11 08:26 PM
Q
QuackStacker Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
Q
stxranchman up

not just feeding the villagers, but elephants are the bull dozers of the wild, they destroy anything and everything in their path. i had no desire to hunt one until i learned about the destruction they cause and the good they bring when legally harvested. i will likely never get to hunt one, but more power to those that do!

Re: Oh my god these stink [Re: QuackStacker] #2570543 09/09/11 08:36 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
Originally Posted By: QuackStacker
stxranchman up

not just feeding the villagers, but elephants are the bull dozers of the wild, they destroy anything and everything in their path. i had no desire to hunt one until i learned about the destruction they cause and the good they bring when legally harvested. i will likely never get to hunt one, but more power to those that do!

Like I said " They can and are destroying the habitat around them." I could not agree more with you. If they have to be shot to control them then why not hunters with hunter dollars? Sound wildlife management with hunters participating will do nothing but make the species prosper. up

Re: Oh my god these stink [Re: stxranchman] #2570585 09/09/11 08:50 PM
1shot Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
I wonder why you cant have a head as a trophy? If I had African safari money I'd have to have me some elephant jerky lol

Re: Oh my god these stink [Re: 1shot] #2570590 09/09/11 08:52 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
You can have life-size elephant mount if wanted it. It is only money at that point.

Re: Oh my god these stink [Re: stxranchman] #2570617 09/09/11 09:05 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Whoooeee Uncle Jed- all this fightin' and on a PHOTO thread to boot. Alaways fun to see aggies goin' at it. Didn't think that was allowed.

Anyway,I'm with Mr. Lambkin above-legal hunting has saved the elephant from possible extinction. If you don't understand the whys and wherefores of all that you need to educate yourself.

But those feet are not my cup'o tea, stinky or not.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: Oh my god these stink [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #2570627 09/09/11 09:07 PM
O
Old_School Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
O
Shame about the taxi blunder. If you got them done on the dark continent, they probably used urea to tan them... and urea in that part of the world is usually urine with little processing or purification.

-------------------

As far as all of the banter and hubris about hunting an elephant, I have a firm belief that one hunter should respect another hunter's right to hunt what species they wish to. If we start drawing lines in the sand, it won't take long before we find ourselves looking out from the wrong side of that line. We should always be supportive of other hunters, no matter what legal game they take. God knows there are plenty of groups and individuals that don't support the sport. Our brotherhood and mutual love of the sport is what keeps it alive.

Everyone has a list of things they desire to hunt, and they all differ. Respect the hunter, because you are the hunter. We all are. I give much credit to anyone that takes up the challenge of hunting a beast that can easily kill the hunter. There isn't one d*mn thing wrong with it, and it sure as 4ell isn't messed up. Opinions and forethought or wisdom don't always go hand in hand. Slighting a hunter for the game they choose to hunt, here at THF, shows a lack of respect, forethought, and perhaps, wisdom. texas

And BTW.... Hook 'Em! rofl

Re: Oh my god these stink [Re: Old_School] #2570650 09/09/11 09:22 PM
E
Earl Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
E
Very interesting (and strange) thread smile I like the comments bout odor eaters and tenactin!

Hope the owner get's his feet issues resolved.

As for what he or anyone desires to hunt, it's their money and their decision. I won't cast aspersions any which way. After reading the posters second post I believe he mostly feels that way too, just didn't word things very good that first post.

I'd love to be able to take a polar bear one day but won't ever be able to afford it. While I might want a bear, I'd have no urge to ever take a monkey or zebra personally but cast no stones (or when speaking about monkeys sling poo) at those that do.

Earl

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Re: Oh my god these stink [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #2571016 09/10/11 12:40 AM
B
bigjohn Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

What kind of feet are your kind, tea sip???

Originally Posted By: bill oxner
You need professional help, not help from some truck driver on this forum.
Re: Oh my god these stink [Re: Old_School] #2571191 09/10/11 02:25 AM
T
TopGunOchez Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Originally Posted By: Old_School
Shame about the taxi blunder. If you got them done on the dark continent, they probably used urea to tan them... and urea in that part of the world is usually urine with little processing or purification.

-------------------

As far as all of the banter and hubris about hunting an elephant, I have a firm belief that one hunter should respect another hunter's right to hunt what species they wish to. If we start drawing lines in the sand, it won't take long before we find ourselves looking out from the wrong side of that line. We should always be supportive of other hunters, no matter what legal game they take. God knows there are plenty of groups and individuals that don't support the sport. Our brotherhood and mutual love of the sport is what keeps it alive.

Everyone has a list of things they desire to hunt, and they all differ. Respect the hunter, because you are the hunter. We all are. I give much credit to anyone that takes up the challenge of hunting a beast that can easily kill the hunter. There isn't one d*mn thing wrong with it, and it sure as 4ell isn't messed up. Opinions and forethought or wisdom don't always go hand in hand. Slighting a hunter for the game they choose to hunt, here at THF, shows a lack of respect, forethought, and perhaps, wisdom. texas

up

Contact me with your real estate needs!
lea@leaochs.com
www.leaochs.com
[Linked Image]
Re: Oh my god these stink [Re: stxranchman] #2571193 09/10/11 02:27 AM
T
TopGunOchez Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Originally Posted By: stxranchman
Originally Posted By: QuackStacker
stxranchman up

Like I said " They can and are destroying the habitat around them." I could not agree more with you. If they have to be shot to control them then why not hunters with hunter dollars? Sound wildlife management with hunters participating will do nothing but make the species prosper. up

happy3

Contact me with your real estate needs!
lea@leaochs.com
www.leaochs.com
[Linked Image]
Re: Oh my god these stink [Re: bigjohn] #2571487 09/10/11 05:09 AM
Steve
Steve
Originally Posted By: bigjohn
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

What kind of feet are your kind, tea sip???

Must be one of the Ryan brothers.

Chupa

Re: Oh my god these stink [Re: fourtrax] #2571633 09/10/11 12:43 PM
C
Csddarden Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
C
Someone said they use fecal matter to preserve them sometimes? Sounds about rite because they smell like a fresh cow patty. And they got more than just the feet, but the feet are the only thing that stink. The hides smell fine. And as stxranchman alluded to, hunting these awesome creatures allows for preservation of their habitat and ensures their future along with providing villages with much needed food and financial support. Better the elephant go that way than by the villagers themselves (no financial support that way) or poachers, which is still a serious problem over there. An old bull is going to pass away regardless... might as well make it profitable for the locals and hunters get a great trophy to boot.

On a side note... my recent photo threads have gone to hell in a hand-basket it seems. I truly love this site and if I'm not in the field, I'm usually on here browsing around... but sometimes...gosh...

Re: Oh my god these stink [Re: Csddarden] #2572269 09/10/11 06:37 PM
O
Old_School Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
O
Originally Posted By: Csddarden

On a side note... my recent photo threads have gone to hell in a hand-basket it seems. I truly love this site and if I'm not in the field, I'm usually on here browsing around... but sometimes...gosh...

I know exactly what you mean. Heaven forbid you ever see a mountain lion and don't have a zoologist, full film crew, and notary public on site to document the moment. One user's "Governors on keyboards" signature line I have seen makes a more poignant point now. However, there is a litmus effect that betrays the credibility of longevity or verbosity... that is an upside, I suppose. smirk

Re: Oh my god these stink [Re: Csddarden] #2572288 09/10/11 06:43 PM
O
Old_School Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
O
CSddarden, I sent you a PM with some information that may take care of your predicament and also save the trophies.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide