troll

Re: Oh my god these stink [Re: Csddarden] #2562793 09/06/11 09:51 PM
E
Ern3st Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
E
Originally Posted By: Csddarden
Is there any way to fix them at this point though? I think the trophy fee for these elephants was something like 30k a piece, so to say he is pissed is an understatement.

I think I would be getting my money back.

Re: Oh my god these stink [Re: Eland Slayer] #2562830 09/06/11 10:01 PM
T
TopGunOchez Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Originally Posted By: Eland Slayer
Originally Posted By: MacDaddy21
The fact that he killed an elephant in the first place is messed up.

....this gets my vote for dumbest post of the week.

If you're going to make a stupid post, at least give some kind of reason with it. WHY is it "messed up" for him to kill an Elephant? And don't give me a BS answer like "....they're endangered" because they are NOT ENDANGERED in any way, shape, or form whatsoever.

X2

Contact me with your real estate needs!
lea@leaochs.com
www.leaochs.com
[Linked Image]
Re: Oh my god these stink [Re: BMD] #2562839 09/06/11 10:04 PM
T
TopGunOchez Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Originally Posted By: BMD
If they stink they are Messed up and will end up with bugs that will destroy his other mounts.

Agree... I knew someone that had the same thing happen with a mount because the taxi didn't clean the skull properly.

Contact me with your real estate needs!
lea@leaochs.com
www.leaochs.com
[Linked Image]
Re: Oh my god these stink [Re: TopGunOchez] #2562880 09/06/11 10:20 PM
M
MacDaddy21 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
M
Its called an opinion, and that is mine. If you think my opinion is dumb, that is your opinion, and that is fine by me. I don't care what people think of my opinion.

In my opinion, an elephant is a magnificent creature. Personally, I wouldn't kill one. Notice I said "Personally." Knowing the meat from your elephant fed people in villages is better. In no way am I saying that you are a bad person, I just would not kill one if I had the chance.

Polar bears, same thing. I don't love them, I don't find them cute and cuddly, but I still wouldn't intentionally go on a hunt to kill one. That's my choice. Just like it is anyone else's CHOICE to go on a hunt and kill one.

I love to hunt. I hunt deer, hogs, turkey, dove, duck, and geese as often as I can. I'm not some ignorant PETA member, and I'm not a troll. I just have an opinion, and I shared it.

For those who disagree, that is more than fine by me. I am not trying to convince anyone of anything. If I offended the OP, I apologize.

Re: Oh my god these stink [Re: MacDaddy21] #2563409 09/07/11 01:32 AM
T
Texas Heat Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
You would kill a magnificent creature like a hog and then turn around and thumb your nose at someone hunting elephants? How dare you.

Re: Oh my god these stink [Re: Texas Heat] #2563416 09/07/11 01:34 AM
C
Csddarden Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
C
Give the guy a break yall. He means no offense and I value his opinion.

Re: Oh my god these stink [Re: Csddarden] #2564653 09/07/11 03:07 PM
W
whitetailfanatic Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
W
Elephants aren't on my list either,just my .02

whitetail.fanatic@yahoo.com
Re: Oh my god these stink [Re: Csddarden] #2565056 09/07/11 05:40 PM
A
Aitsurido Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
A
Dude, those trpphy fees you pay ensure that there will continue to be land protected for these beasts to roam. If it weren't for hunters like us, the land could/would be taken over for cattle-faming and the like.Plus all meat was donated to the locals. You know how many hungry people over there that these things fed? Multiple villages.

Then why not take the awesome 30k trophy fees and start a land trust for the game or buy some land outright and donate it to the local villages? Maybe get a village named after you or something kind of like the Sally Strothers deal in South America where you get updates and photos? You'd keep the animals alive, provide for their well being, provide jobs for those that would be their caretakers, and also provide a budding tourist economy that could help out more than you could imagine. And honestly, you don't really need to hunt an elephant do you? ...and the trophy is feet. I mean, come on, really? The trophy is the part of the animal that gets thrown away in this country. I mean couldn't you get your "man angries" on with a room full of hookers, rubber sheets, baby oil, and a cattle prod?

All that being said, if it was done with a self bow and handmade arrows or a hand made spear made without the convenience of modern technology I would likely applaud.

I don't understand what it is in a man that would compel him to seek this as a sport but birds gotta fly & fish gotta swim I guess.

Death smiles at everyone. Marines smile back.
Re: Oh my god these stink [Re: silverphoenix] #2565114 09/07/11 05:59 PM
D
Dodge_Rock Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
I doubt the stinky feet can be saved, but it's worth a try. Take it to a taxi.

Here's something I stumbled across that might help explain the desire to hunt a real tusker. Bow hunting a big, old bull would be an unbelievable adventure and there's always the chance you could become the hunted. Same goes for the Polar or any other dangerous game.

Ivan Carter: Why I hunt elephant
A lot of people ask me, “why elephant?” The answer is simple: there is no other animal like it on
this planet. When you hunt them, they are often aware of your presence, and that’s when reading their
body language becomes all important. They are also among the most graceful animals on earth, and
after a few interactions at close range hunters are often in awe of the size, beauty and impressive
nature of elephants. I know I simply can’t get enough!

Re: Oh my god these stink [Re: Csddarden] #2565144 09/07/11 06:08 PM
F
FISHUNTER Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
F
I think anyone who kills an elephant no matter for what reason....is not a true hunter. Specially when they make porta potties out of their feet. Have you hugged an elephant today?...well then maybe you should.

bolt

Re: Oh my god these stink [Re: silverphoenix] #2565169 09/07/11 06:17 PM
M
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
M
Originally Posted By: silverphoenix

WTF, this guy lives in MY TOWN??? I thought we ran out PETA years ago... Definitely not a true aggie...

Get over yourself man. This isn't YOUR TOWN. The desire to kill an elephant does not make one a true Aggie. Being an Aggie has absolutely NOTHING to do with killing elephants. That just sounds hilarious.

Re: Oh my god these stink [Re: obamawhy!!!] #2565391 09/07/11 07:48 PM
M
Matt Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
M
Back I the day I managed a boot and tack shop. We would regularly get English saddles made in India and various exotic boots from whatever third world country would make them cheap. These ALWAYS smelled like crap. When I asked why, I was told by our importer that some countries use a fecal matter mixture to tan leather. Maybe this is what happened here. We never had any deteriorate, but, man did they stink!!

Thanks!!
Matt

The psycho nut bags have always been there. They just get better press now.
Take away their guns, they'll use knives. Take away their knives and they'll use sticks!!
Re: Oh my god these stink [Re: FISHUNTER] #2565443 09/07/11 08:09 PM
T
Tye Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: FISHUNTER
I think anyone who kills an elephant no matter for what reason....is not a true hunter. Specially when they make porta potties out of their feet. Have you hugged an elephant today?...well then maybe you should.

bolt

Can you tell me what a true hunter is? Have you been charged by an animal that could kill you in less than a minute? How does anyone know what happened on the hunt?

Congrats to the hunter and sorry he is having a problem with the taxi work.

Originally Posted By: AmoCuernos
If you shoot a young deer because a neighbor will shoot it, you are that neighbor.
Re: Oh my god these stink [Re: Tye] #2565967 09/07/11 11:29 PM
T
Texas Heat Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
This thread is on the verge of going full retard.

Re: Oh my god these stink [Re: Texas Heat] #2566005 09/07/11 11:45 PM
M
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
M
Everybody knows you never go full retard...

-The guy from tropic thunder

Re: Oh my god these stink [Re: MacDaddy21] #2566533 09/08/11 03:11 AM
S
silverphoenix Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S

WTF, this guy lives in MY TOWN??? I thought we ran out PETA years ago... Definitely not a true aggie...

Get over yourself man. This isn't YOUR TOWN. The desire to kill an elephant does not make one a true Aggie. Being an Aggie has absolutely NOTHING to do with killing elephants. That just sounds hilarious.

Wow, looks like you fail at sarcasm. An aggie is usually educated, which did not seem to be a quality of yours from reading your first post. Being an aggie means that you THINK before you speak and that you make educated comments (which your first comment was definitely not). I never mentioned elephants in my comment, though it seems you read too much into what I was writing and spun it into something fantastical.

You almost redeemed yourself with your second comment, but your overly emotional reply to my comment has not helped your case in the least bit.

I made that comment without reading your second post by the way--wouldn't have commented otherwise, although you still did imply that those who hunt elephants are "messed up", which most of us here take as an insult. Your second response was mature and respectful, your first was not. That's my opinion, take it or leave it.

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Are you in College Station? Like 3-Gun? Click Below!
http://www.facebook.com/Aggie3Gunners
Re: Oh my god these stink [Re: MacDaddy21] #2566535 09/08/11 03:12 AM
C
Chopped54 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C
MacDaddy21 either is the same person as Aitsurido, or he has a stalker....

Wealth is of the heart and mind and not of the pocket
Re: Oh my god these stink [Re: Aitsurido] #2566538 09/08/11 03:14 AM
R
rstewlandman Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
Originally Posted By: Aitsurido
Dude, those trpphy fees you pay ensure that there will continue to be land protected for these beasts to roam. If it weren't for hunters like us, the land could/would be taken over for cattle-faming and the like.Plus all meat was donated to the locals. You know how many hungry people over there that these things fed? Multiple villages.

Then why not take the awesome 30k trophy fees and start a land trust for the game or buy some land outright and donate it to the local villages? Maybe get a village named after you or something kind of like the Sally Strothers deal in South America where you get updates and photos? You'd keep the animals alive, provide for their well being, provide jobs for those that would be their caretakers, and also provide a budding tourist economy that could help out more than you could imagine. And honestly, you don't really need to hunt an elephant do you? ...and the trophy is feet. I mean, come on, really? The trophy is the part of the animal that gets thrown away in this country. I mean couldn't you get your "man angries" on with a room full of hookers, rubber sheets, baby oil, and a cattle prod?

All that being said, if it was done with a self bow and handmade arrows or a hand made spear made without the convenience of modern technology I would likely applaud.

I don't understand what it is in a man that would compel him to seek this as a sport but birds gotta fly & fish gotta swim I guess.

U take ur thirty k and start a trust, I'll take mine and feed a village and have a trophy to boot. Who r u to judge

the man at the top of the mountain didn't fall up it
Re: Oh my god these stink [Re: kevlp] #2566541 09/08/11 03:15 AM
B
Bear Charge Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted By: kevlp
Fill em with ice and beer...

^^^alcohol abuse.

"Democracy is a sheep and two lions voting. Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote."
Ben Franklin
Re: Oh my god these stink [Re: silverphoenix] #2566552 09/08/11 03:23 AM
B
Bear Charge Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
[Wow, looks like you fail at sarcasm. An aggie is usually educated,
Didn't know this was the case.

"Democracy is a sheep and two lions voting. Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote."
Ben Franklin
Re: Oh my god these stink [Re: Texas Heat] #2566569 09/08/11 03:29 AM
K
Kentucky_Windage Offline
Tracker
Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: Texas Heat
This thread is on the verge of going full retard.

Too late...

Re: Oh my god these stink [Re: Aitsurido] #2566577 09/08/11 03:30 AM
T
TAT Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
Originally Posted By: Aitsurido

You wont be here very long with that attitude! Cool feet.I bet it was a fun hunt.

It's not how you fall, It's how you get up.
Re: Oh my god these stink [Re: silverphoenix] #2566598 09/08/11 03:40 AM
M
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
M

Wow, looks like you fail at sarcasm. An aggie is usually educated, which did not seem to be a quality of yours from reading your first post. Being an aggie means that you THINK before you speak and that you make educated comments (which your first comment was definitely not). I never mentioned elephants in my comment, though it seems you read too much into what I was writing and spun it into something fantastical.

You almost redeemed yourself with your second comment, but your overly emotional reply to my comment has not helped your case in the least bit.

I made that comment without reading your second post by the way--wouldn't have commented otherwise, although you still did imply that those who hunt elephants are "messed up", which most of us here take as an insult. Your second response was mature and respectful, your first was not. That's my opinion, take it or leave it.

My first post was my opinion as well, take it or leave it. Do not criticize me for not thinking before I speak. You failed to read my second post and made a silly comment because you had not read the thread all the way through and you came in and posted something based off an early comment. I believe that would be considered as failure to think before speaking. That is hypocritical.

I don't have a "case" to help either. I have an opinion, and I expressed it. Thankfully, I am entitled to do so through the existence of Freedom of Speech. If my opinion offended you, I'm sorry. I'm not intentionally saying things to anger people. I apologized to the OP, and that is what matters.

My opinion bothered several people, and it took this thread off on an unnecessary tangent. It was all over when the OP posted and said to give me a break because I mean no offense and he valued my opinion. Frankly, your post was uncalled for. But guess what? It was your opinion, and I disagreed with it, so I said something about it.

At the end of the day, I have my opinion and you have yours. People will always agree to disagree.

Re: Oh my god these stink [Re: FISHUNTER] #2566639 09/08/11 04:02 AM
S
Spectrum Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
Originally Posted By: FISHUNTER
Have you hugged an elephant today?...well then maybe you should.

Why yes I have!

But I still see the need for legalized elephant hunting!

Knowing the meat from your elephant fed people in villages is better. In no way am I saying that you are a bad person, I just would not kill one if I had the chance.

I love to hunt. I hunt deer, hogs, turkey, dove, duck, and geese as often as I can.

I'm curious... How many villages can be fed with a poor little DOVE?

Last edited by Spectrum; 09/08/11 04:06 AM.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide