Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: So my chick just TOLD me....... [Re: Lance2373] #1924309 12/15/10 09:12 PM
D
DoDduck Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
D
Hey guys new to "the Forum" have enjoyed the read and laughed alot. Interesting to find out i am not alone in this subject at all and feel all your pains. Glad to hear my wife isnt the only one that doesnt share our passion of seeing ducks fall out of the sky.

Re: So my chick just TOLD me....... [Re: DoDduck] #1924313 12/15/10 09:13 PM
B
bjepsen85 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Welcome to the forum DoDduck!

Re: So my chick just TOLD me....... [Re: bjepsen85] #1924546 12/15/10 10:04 PM
S
Super90 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
Once we got our dog, my wife always wanted me to take the dog hunting and then wanted to know how he did on the hunt. wink

Now that the kids are getting old enough ( 8 and 4.5 ), I just take my eight year old daughter and it's not a problem. Also got a new Lab, so we start the cycle all over again !

Just gotta learn to stack the deck in your favor.

Re: So my chick just TOLD me....... [Re: Jeff Elder] #1924712 12/15/10 10:53 PM
D
DWADR Offline
Tracker
Tracker
D
Originally Posted By: jeff34
Originally Posted By: dwadr.com
You have to break them in slowly. I told my wife of 5 years how much I loved hunting and it was a little tough at first but, the trick is to add one hunt on every year ( These are spend the nights and I have 3 kids under the age of 4). I started off telling her I was hunting opening day dove, and both duck openers. 5 years later, I still have those and I have added the December dove/duck split, a sandhill crane/goose/duck hunt a spring turkey hunt and i'm popping the late spring prairie dog hunt on her in a few months.

rofl Griff your wife gets the bird flu every year on August 31, and doesnt get over it till January 31st. In 10 years you might get to hunt 10 days a season

How come I knew you would come in right after I posted this and chime in! You always ask me to hunt on a work day and thats why I can't ever go!

[Linked Image]
Deep Water Decoy Retriever
Re: So my chick just TOLD me....... [Re: devildog28] #1924772 12/15/10 11:12 PM
O
Old_School Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
O
Originally Posted By: devildog28
I wasn't hunting over Christmas. She's right though.....I wasn't until she told me I wasn't. rolleyes

So anyone want to have someone pitch in for boat fuel etc?

I got the same sob story... "whaaa, you are not hunting the entire time we are down to see the family whaaa..."

My response was simple. I took her gifts back to the store and returned them. I took the money and drove over to Academy.
Now she has a new gift under the tree...

...and I have an extra case of steel shot.
I'm goin' to hang it up in front of her commode so she can ponder her transgression. If she's lucky, I'll show up for Turkey Dinner, but you can bet I'll be in camo and skip dessert to hit the field! Having dealt with in-laws in my house the past 6 days, she's out of ammunition. rofl

Last edited by Old_School; 12/15/10 11:15 PM.

Re: So my chick just TOLD me....... [Re: bhunter] #1924838 12/15/10 11:37 PM
O
Old_School Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
O
Originally Posted By: bhunter
I wouldnt worry about to much until you get married or ready to settle down, there is more at stake then....

"Sew your oats" now and when you get older then worry about their feelings......

"BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING BADGES!!!!"

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY"

FEELINGS? We don't need no stinking feelings!!!! rofl

Re: So my chick just TOLD me....... [Re: Old_School] #1924842 12/15/10 11:40 PM
D
devildog28 Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted By: Old_School
I wasn't hunting over Christmas. She's right though.....I wasn't until she told me I wasn't. rolleyes

I got the same sob story... "whaaa, you are not hunting the entire time we are down to see the family whaaa..."

My response was simple. I took her gifts back to the store and returned them. I took the money and drove over to Academy.

I'm goin' to hang it up in front of her commode so she can ponder her transgression. If she's lucky, I'll show up for Turkey Dinner, but you can bet I'll be in camo and skip dessert to hit the field! Having dealt with in-laws in my house the past 6 days, she's out of ammunition. rofl

They've really been there for 6 days and Christmas is over a week away?

Re: So my chick just TOLD me....... [Re: devildog28] #1924899 12/15/10 11:57 PM
E
ETXbuckman Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
E
Make sure you kill that buck over at her house before you 86 her banana

Re: So my chick just TOLD me....... [Re: wal1809] #1924954 12/16/10 12:09 AM
M
mandrake Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
M
My girlfiend knows I'm a happier, sweeter, much more generous person when im hunting, fishing, or riding my motorcycle. shes bought me hunting and fishing gear and bailed my bike out of the shop.

reminds me of a license plate frame a lady had. it said " it pays to be nice to your husband" it was on the back of a 600 series mercedes.

A woman that wants to change you will never change. She will always think of you and treat you like a lil boy.

Californian by Birth, Texan by Choice, Country by Grace of God!

NRA Life Member
Re: So my chick just TOLD me....... [Re: Old_School] #1925557 12/16/10 02:46 AM
B
bhunter Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
I wouldnt worry about to much until you get married or ready to settle down, there is more at stake then....

"Sew your oats" now and when you get older then worry about their feelings......

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY"

FEELINGS? We don't need no stinking feelings!!!! rofl

In my younger years I used to follow the 3 Fs......

ROY

B.O.H.I.C.A.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY"

http://www.parkerpwr.com/
Re: So my chick just TOLD me....... [Re: bhunter] #1925637 12/16/10 03:05 AM
G
GreyDuck Offline
Tracker
Tracker
G
Now I know why so many women become lesbians. banana2

Re: So my chick just TOLD me....... [Re: GreyDuck] #1925733 12/16/10 03:25 AM
M
mnsherick Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
X2 on the mad pants glad pants...

My wife was pissed about a hunt I had planned to the panhandle boy was she glad when I got home!!!

X2 on the couch thing, I won't sleep there and never will.

-Matt

Re: So my chick just TOLD me....... [Re: bhunter] #1926311 12/16/10 01:30 PM
1 Year Wonder Offline
Tracker
Tracker

In my younger years I used to follow the 3 Fs......

Me too.

Find um
Fool um
Feel um
**** um
Forget um

The Wonder

Piles-O-Mallards TM

All posts made by the Wonder are a lie, tale, fib or some other stretch of the truth.

Re: So my chick just TOLD me....... [Re: devildog28] #1926387 12/16/10 02:06 PM
O
Old_School Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
O

They've really been there for 6 days and Christmas is over a week away?

I know, right?!? Don't get me wrong fellas... my wife is a gem and I am the envy of my circle. She's a firebrand and I'm the immovable object type. We've known each other since I was a 3 yr. old and have been married over half my life.

All that aside... HUNTING'S HUNTING, and she can either pick up a gun and join the fun, or go to the mall and have a ball. I am not going to change the only thing about me that my father handed down before he died... a passion for hunting. I'm a little softie and have already ordered her some goodies to be drop shipped at her parents house.... Shhhh, don't tell her though, I'm enjoying the fuming she's doing since I told her Santa left her an early present. The look on her face when she unwrapped that sign was priceless.

@Grey... lesbians make good hunters, but sorry wives. roflmao

Re: So my chick just TOLD me....... [Re: Old_School] #1926656 12/16/10 03:23 PM
D
devildog28 Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
D
Man I thought you were kidding when you returned all her stuff! I guess after being married that long you don't have to worry about her leaving over a little tiff.

Re: So my chick just TOLD me....... [Re: devildog28] #1926739 12/16/10 03:47 PM
O
Old_School Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
O
Man I thought you were kidding when you returned all her stuff! I guess after being married that long you don't have to worry about her leaving over a little tiff.

Oh no... I wasn't kidding a bit. She's lucky I didn't have my Father-in-Law at the taxidermist for a nice shoulder mount this Sunday. I don't drink a whole lot, but I went through 2 bottles of whiskey, a 5th of vodka and 2 cases of beer from Wednesday to Tuesday. I bit my tongue and remained the gentleman for my Mother-in-Law's sake until the last day. When he started in on my daughter, I let him have it. Keep in mind that this is a fellow that Will Rogers never met. It was so bad, that my wife told him he was never to cross our threshold again. After 20 yrs of resisting the urge to gut him like a deer, I'd say it was about time anyway. I'm forty years old and I have never met someone I couldn't manage to get along with... but this guy showed me were the line is drawn. To be certain, he's a habitual line stepper.
Six days of this:
Father-in-Law,"... nobody would care if you died..."
My reply,"Yeah, well (Cool Hand Luke style)... at least we finally have something in common." rofl

Edit: Yeah, I'll be hunting over the holidays!

Last edited by Old_School; 12/16/10 03:58 PM.

Re: So my chick just TOLD me....... [Re: Old_School] #1926855 12/16/10 04:27 PM
L
Lance2373 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L

Oh no... I wasn't kidding a bit. She's lucky I didn't have my Father-in-Law at the taxidermist for a nice shoulder mount this Sunday. I don't drink a whole lot, but I went through 2 bottles of whiskey, a 5th of vodka and 2 cases of beer from Wednesday to Tuesday. I bit my tongue and remained the gentleman for my Mother-in-Law's sake until the last day. When he started in on my daughter, I let him have it. Keep in mind that this is a fellow that Will Rogers never met. It was so bad, that my wife told him he was never to cross our threshold again. After 20 yrs of resisting the urge to gut him like a deer, I'd say it was about time anyway. I'm forty years old and I have never met someone I couldn't manage to get along with... but this guy showed me were the line is drawn. To be certain, he's a habitual line stepper.
Six days of this:
Father-in-Law,"... nobody would care if you died..."
My reply,"Yeah, well (Cool Hand Luke style)... at least we finally have something in common." rofl

Edit: Yeah, I'll be hunting over the holidays!

Man feel your pain on the family situation but I have that problem on my side. Have an uncle who is the biggest tool on my mom's side of the family. Keeps saying stuff about my wife. Most of the time I'm about as laid back as the next but here before too long I am going to punch him in the neck. Only reason I haven't done it yet is because the other uncle on that side of the family already doesn't associate with us so I don't want to be the guy to make it #2. But I would definitely draw the line if he started in on my daughter. My wife can stand up for herself and usually has a sharp tongue but she has been good about it.

Were suppose to go over there this Saturday for the family Christmas and I have already been informed if he says anything she is leaving. Might have a good ol fashioned family arse whooping taking place around the Christmas tree. I love holiday family time!

Re: So my chick just TOLD me....... [Re: Lance2373] #1927216 12/16/10 06:10 PM
O
Old_School Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
O
Amen brother!

Lance, before I got married, Christmas time was like a Norman Rockwell painting. Since I've been married is like the Norman Bates Motel.

Throw on the Merle Haggard and let 'er rip. I'll be drankin' an' a shootin' with my brother and the rest, I just don't give a flip. up

Re: So my chick just TOLD me....... [Re: Old_School] #1927222 12/16/10 06:12 PM
L
Lance2373 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L
I hear ya man. I think my dad and I made an executive decision and we might be headed to the lakehouse to avoid the whole situation. Wife is going to come up with a mysterious illness.

Last I heard the asian flu was going around.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide