Forums46
Topics538,118
Posts9,733,176
Members87,069
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Man I'm gettin sick of these hunting shows [Re: txtrophy85] #1682652 09/20/10 02:47 AM
P
ParkCountyElkDestroyer Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
P
Originally Posted By: txtrophy85
Originally Posted By: jensent
The only person who doesn't seem to care about the trophy is old Uncle Ted. But his show is COVERED in advertising more than any other show which makes me sick to watch it. He is also a fake guy IMO.

his "getting high off the blood of the kill" and the "mystical flight of the arrow" is, imo, a little gay, for lack of a better word.

I understand repsecting the animal and all, and i get a huge adrenaline rush from hunting, but he takes it WAY over the top.

I'm glad he's for the cause and all, but his schtick gets old real quick, at least for me.

Believe me I agree with you 100% but he seems to be one of the few guys that isn't shooting a complete hoss in every episode. Now whether or not he is a good guy I do not know because I have never gotten the chance to meet him.

Re: Man I'm gettin sick of these hunting shows [Re: MetroCat07] #1682693 09/20/10 03:03 AM
A
AmoCuernos Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A
Originally Posted By: MetroCat07
I try to watch just cause I wanna see some hunting especially when I'm gettin pumped this time of year but the horrible heavy metal music, don't get me wrong I like some of it but it isn't propper for the hunting culture IMO. The ridiculous commercials and intros making all these bozo's out to be like rock stars riding Harleys etc. Magical potions to spray around your area to lure'em in and sprays to make you not smell. And the constant talk of trophy this, trophy that, scores, mass blah blah blah. I thought hunting was about being outdoors, exercissing that instinct in man to hunt and harvesting what nature has to offer for food.

If your into that fine, it's just annoying to me, my opinion.

I'm gonna try to find some old school hunting shows on DVD like Fred Bear etc.

Any suggestions?

ETA: Also, what current shows do you like if you think like me?

Would Baywatch have been as popular if all the chicks were fat?

Re: Man I'm gettin sick of these hunting shows [Re: txtrophy85] #1682739 09/20/10 03:22 AM
L
LJG Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L
Originally Posted By: txtrophy85
Originally Posted By: LJG
but the horrible heavy metal music, don't get me wrong I like some of it but it isn't propper for the hunting culture IMO.

What is this "HUNTING CULTURE" you speak of? Seems you approve of the stereotype that all those that hunt are retarded rednecks. NOt doing much for the cause with statements like that.

not all hunters are red necks, but the last thing i listen to when going to the ranch is cannibal corpse or deathklok. i'm not jamming out to hank williams III or johnny rebel either.

it can fuel the fire for the anti's, by sending the message that hunters listen to death metal, get all fired up, slam a redbull then go slaughter animals. same thing that happened back in the 80's when tipper gore was stateing that vulgar lyrics in rock and rap music was the cause of youth violence. perception is reality

I get that. But to refer to it a "the hunting culture" is plain silly. I am in no way part of some sub-culture of hunter type people. I don't conform to any 1 way of thinking or being. I also do not define myself as a hunter. I am me. Nothing,especially a hobby,can define who I am.
I just think the OP believes that there is 1 type of hunter.

I personally do listen to cannibal corpse on the way to do some hog dogging. It gets me pumped up and ready to go.

Re: Man I'm gettin sick of these hunting shows [Re: LJG] #1682754 09/20/10 03:32 AM
N
NDN98 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
I never watch any shows live. Just DVR them and watch them without commercials.

Re: Man I'm gettin sick of these hunting shows [Re: LJG] #1682757 09/20/10 03:34 AM
M
MetroCat07 Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
M
but the horrible heavy metal music, don't get me wrong I like some of it but it isn't propper for the hunting culture IMO.

What is this "HUNTING CULTURE" you speak of? Seems you approve of the stereotype that all those that hunt are retarded rednecks. NOt doing much for the cause with statements like that.

LOL Gimme a break, thats quite a stretch assumeing that since MY OPINION that death metal isn't hunting music I believe all hunters are buck toothed drooling rednecks.

Re: Man I'm gettin sick of these hunting shows [Re: MetroCat07] #1682776 09/20/10 03:42 AM
L
LJG Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L

LOL Gimme a break, thats quite a stretch assumeing that since MY OPINION that death metal isn't hunting music I believe all hunters are buck toothed drooling rednecks.

Your opinion,my opinion.......And what?

Re: Man I'm gettin sick of these hunting shows [Re: LJG] #1682803 09/20/10 04:00 AM
M
MetroCat07 Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
M

Your opinion,my opinion.......And what?

I'm not gonna argue with you, think whatever you want about me.

Re: Man I'm gettin sick of these hunting shows [Re: MetroCat07] #1682831 09/20/10 04:15 AM
A
AmoCuernos Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A

To be fair... the only time I tolerate Banjo Music is when a 160 is walking in...

Metal lets me watch all the way down into the 150's...

Re: Man I'm gettin sick of these hunting shows [Re: AmoCuernos] #1682832 09/20/10 04:16 AM
S
SpoonPlatoon Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
yall listen to the music?

[Linked Image]
Re: Man I'm gettin sick of these hunting shows [Re: SpoonPlatoon] #1682868 09/20/10 05:01 AM
T
tk325 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Seems to me like most of the guys are wanna be country boys that grow goattees and talk with strong southern voices. They also take pride in acting dumb and making stupid jokes.

Only ones I watch are Jim Shockey and that Tracks across Africa show.

Re: Man I'm gettin sick of these hunting shows [Re: tk325] #1682872 09/20/10 05:04 AM
S
SpoonPlatoon Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Jim Shockey?!? guess thats why its a free country

[Linked Image]
Re: Man I'm gettin sick of these hunting shows [Re: SpoonPlatoon] #1682889 09/20/10 05:21 AM
M
mustafa Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
tracks across africa is a good one. Also like the boddington/ivan carter one that just started coming on.

Team Barbacoa Pro Staff.
Dallas Safari Club Life Member
Re: Man I'm gettin sick of these hunting shows [Re: mustafa] #1682916 09/20/10 06:27 AM
D
devildog28 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
D
There's one guy that uses a Savage bolt action with a thumb hole named Jim Burnworth that I like. He's kind of a no frills hunter.

The ones that aggrivate the scat out of me are The Crush, Drury Brothers, and Waddell and the fat guy. Every other word out of their mouth is "I use "x product" to get this here 300 score deer and you need to also.".

The Trophy Quest show echoes how a lot of people are starting to feel. He only hunts with an open sighted 30-30.

Re: Man I'm gettin sick of these hunting shows [Re: devildog28] #1683134 09/20/10 01:11 PM
G
Gus McRae Offline
Tracker
Tracker
G
Here's a story:

A guy on my old lease has a cousin who is a cameraman for some of these hunting shows. He said you'd be shocked at how fake all of the hunting is. One anecdote he shared: guys are hunting in the afternoon, shoot a buck but make a bad shot. Track the deer for hours, but never find him. The ranch owner tells him, well we'll get you on something else. A couple days later, another hunter ends up shooting the same buck (who was limping from the bad shot); they get the original "hunter" back up there to show some laydown pics and act out the whole scene of finding the buck.

Another show they were filming a turkey hunt; the "hunter" was tired and slept in, but they went ahead and filmed another guy shoot a turkey. Went back, got the "hunter" out of bed and had him in the blind calling and what not, and film him shooting. Then piece it all together and act like that was his hunt.

We're all getting the wool pulled over our eyes. The whole hunting show crap is just a scam to advertise. I think there will eventually be some backlash and things will swing back the other way. At least I hope so because these shows are all BS.

Re: Man I'm gettin sick of these hunting shows [Re: txtrophy85] #1683148 09/20/10 01:15 PM
Curtis Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Honestly I wish some of the shows would cut out the music when the hunt is on.Hell..play it during your infomercial that I'm not gonna watch anyway! I kind of like hearing the woods, the wind, the birds and everything else around during the hunt. I could care less if its country or heavy rock playing. Cut the music off and let me hear just the nature and quit your damn whispering after you have taken the shot! Also if they make a mistake like making too much noise in the blind and spook something don't try to play it off as something else. Just admit you made a mistake! It's hunting and we all do it! I hate when you can tell they have over edited the video. It just doesn't seem natural at some point on the shows because the go too far. JMHO.

Double Arrow Bow Hunting
www.doublearrowbowhunting.com
Bow hunters welcome!
Whitetail-Axis-Blackbuck-Fallow-Barasingha-Scimitar Oryx
Located in Gonzales County.
Visit our Facebook page for current updates!

Re: Man I'm gettin sick of these hunting shows [Re: Gus McRae] #1683153 09/20/10 01:17 PM
R
rtp Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
R
Yep just stop watching and they will go away. Or change back to something we will watch.

Let'em grow old
Re: Man I'm gettin sick of these hunting shows [Re: Gus McRae] #1683157 09/20/10 01:18 PM
T
TxBuck Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Originally Posted By: Gus McRae
Here's a story:

A guy on my old lease has a cousin who is a cameraman for some of these hunting shows. He said you'd be shocked at how fake all of the hunting is. One anecdote he shared: guys are hunting in the afternoon, shoot a buck but make a bad shot. Track the deer for hours, but never find him. The ranch owner tells him, well we'll get you on something else. A couple days later, another hunter ends up shooting the same buck (who was limping from the bad shot); they get the original "hunter" back up there to show some laydown pics and act out the whole scene of finding the buck.

Hope your right maybe it'll bring hunting back down to an adfordable sport for most of us!!!

Another show they were filming a turkey hunt; the "hunter" was tired and slept in, but they went ahead and filmed another guy shoot a turkey. Went back, got the "hunter" out of bed and had him in the blind calling and what not, and film him shooting. Then piece it all together and act like that was his hunt.

We're all getting the wool pulled over our eyes. The whole hunting show crap is just a scam to advertise. I think there will eventually be some backlash and things will swing back the other way. At least I hope so because these shows are all BS.

Re: Man I'm gettin sick of these hunting shows [Re: TxBuck] #1683260 09/20/10 01:52 PM
V
vanguard Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
V
way to many comercials
dont care what theyre doing behind the scenes, if you have time to waste, talk about guns, calibers, bows, broadheads, honest product reviews, how to field dress, how to cook the game, etc etc etc,

Re: Man I'm gettin sick of these hunting shows [Re: devildog28] #1683277 09/20/10 01:57 PM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: devildog28

The ones that aggrivate the scat out of me are The Crush, Drury Brothers, and Waddell and the fat guy. Every other word out of their mouth is "I use "x product" to get this here 300 score deer and you need to also.".

guess they gotta pay the bills....

I ever got a sponsored show, only people I'd endorse are mummies apple scented deer corn, keystone light and all seasons tailgate feeders. that and the camera man who holds my beer while i make the shot.

think anyone would watch that?

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Man I'm gettin sick of these hunting shows [Re: AmoCuernos] #1683278 09/20/10 01:58 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: AmoCuernos

To be fair... the only time I tolerate Banjo Music is when a 160 is walking in...

Metal lets me watch all the way down into the 150's...

lol, when does the symphony come into play, 180 class?

Re: Man I'm gettin sick of these hunting shows [Re: TxBuck] #1683281 09/20/10 01:58 PM
L
Luckycharms_1981 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
L
Wouldn't it be a cick to get some of the un-edited video?!?!?

Grab ahold of something, bite your lip, and GIVE IT HELL!!!!!
Re: Man I'm gettin sick of these hunting shows [Re: Luckycharms_1981] #1683288 09/20/10 02:00 PM
T
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: Luckycharms_1981
Wouldn't it be a cick to get some of the un-edited video?!?!?

jimmy houston had some pre-edit videos of him "hunting" get released

shooting a breeder buck that was recoving from the dart, staggers by his stand and he thumps it with a blunt tip arrow.

pretty much blew open the whole facade about hunting shows

Re: Man I'm gettin sick of these hunting shows [Re: txtrophy85] #1683342 09/20/10 02:14 PM
B
BurrOak Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
I tried watching one show this weekend, dont remember the name, and i was just amazed at the entire show. Like you all are saying, it was all an advertising gimmick, and the "hunting" was all a joke. These guys were spot and stalking some massive bucks, they would get so close to the deer, and whisper quietly "oh to take him or not to take him blah blah blah". They are literally 30 yards from the buck, and he is staring right into the camera, unafraid. They dont shoot, and the guys get up and start moving around and talkin and start in a different direction, and the buck never runs off or anything, just stays there.

Are all these guys just out there "hunting" pet deer or what? If those guys utilized that same hunting method in a different hunting environment, or should i say, an ACTUAL hunting environment, they would never see anything.

Re: Man I'm gettin sick of these hunting shows [Re: Gus McRae] #1683403 09/20/10 02:40 PM
L
LAstrutter Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
L
Originally Posted By: Gus McRae
Here's a story:

A guy on my old lease has a cousin who is a cameraman for some of these hunting shows. He said you'd be shocked at how fake all of the hunting is.

I don't think we are shocked at all. I believe most of us know what is going on with these hunting shows.

Re: Man I'm gettin sick of these hunting shows [Re: LAstrutter] #1683413 09/20/10 02:43 PM
A
Armalite260 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A
MikeHoncho.. I agree!! Most hunting shows do not impress me.. If they are as GOOD as they think.. Let's see them hunt on some public land and kill a "MONSTER".. Davy Crockett National Forrest or something like that..

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide