FinFowlAndWhitetail Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
F
Originally Posted By: txtrophy85
Originally Posted By: erathar
Originally Posted By: JCB
Good for Larry!

He never really struck me as the kind of person with enough money to buy something like that though.

I watched an episode last night after I read this thread. I kind of agreed with you JCB. He was in south texas last night and was wearing a plain ol pair of leather gloves...BUT they were colored cammo with a green and black sharpie. It was the funniest dang thing. I thought to myself, "And this is the guy that just shelled out how many million dollars?" roflmao

I work with some people that look like it'd be a stretch for them to buy a grand slam at denny's, who own 10's of millions of dollars worth of properties. these are the same guys who buy generic soda, drive used trucks and take their lunch to work. one of my clients dosen't even own a mule or a ranger to get around his property but he owns over 5000k acres in several tracts. how many guys who lease 300 acres have a 8k side x side to pull behind their truck?

I know other guys who look/act like they just signed a contract with the cowboys have to borrow money from mom and dad each month to afford the payment on their new crew cab diesel. they are there every year, with a brand new bow, scope or 4 wheeler.

so tell me, what does wealthy look like?

well said.... had a guy tell me one time at work, "i dont need a million dollars, i just want people to think ive got it" another guy chimed in and said "i want the million, just dont want anyone to know it." makes perfect sense... one is in debt up to the top of his balding head, and the other is probably knocking on a million and you would never know

Everyone should have something to believe in, I believe I will go hunting
Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! [Re: txtrophy85] #1597165 08/14/10 08:58 PM
E
erathar Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
E
Originally Posted By: erathar
Originally Posted By: JCB
Good for Larry!

He never really struck me as the kind of person with enough money to buy something like that though.

I watched an episode last night after I read this thread. I kind of agreed with you JCB. He was in south texas last night and was wearing a plain ol pair of leather gloves...BUT they were colored cammo with a green and black sharpie. It was the funniest dang thing. I thought to myself, "And this is the guy that just shelled out how many million dollars?" roflmao

I work with some people that look like it'd be a stretch for them to buy a grand slam at denny's, who own 10's of millions of dollars worth of properties. these are the same guys who buy generic soda, drive used trucks and take their lunch to work. one of my clients dosen't even own a mule or a ranger to get around his property but he owns over 5000k acres in several tracts. how many guys who lease 300 acres have a 8k side x side to pull behind their truck?

I know other guys who look/act like they just signed a contract with the cowboys have to borrow money from mom and dad each month to afford the payment on their new crew cab diesel. they are there every year, with a brand new bow, scope or 4 wheeler.

Whoa buddy, you took my post WAY out of context. I had no intention of coming across like I thought the guy was broke. I just though it was kind of funny with those gloves. In absolutly no way was I giving the impression that "wealthy" looks a certain way, you just took it wrong.

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! [Re: rtp] #1597179 08/14/10 09:05 PM
H
Hman Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
Originally Posted By: rtp
Ok, Im confused. I thought David Morris owned El Cazador and Schwartz was partnered with Morris on the original Tecomate ranch? I saw Schwartz on a hunting show this morning. I figured with all his troubles his face would not be on TV this year. I know they shot this stuff last year but I still figured it would get pulled and replaced. What a Jackarse.

What did Schwartz do? Guess I've been living under a rock...

Don't care for any one of the three goofballs.

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! [Re: Hman] #1597186 08/14/10 09:08 PM
T
t george Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Hman
Originally Posted By: rtp
Ok, Im confused. I thought David Morris owned El Cazador and Schwartz was partnered with Morris on the original Tecomate ranch? I saw Schwartz on a hunting show this morning. I figured with all his troubles his face would not be on TV this year. I know they shot this stuff last year but I still figured it would get pulled and replaced. What a Jackarse.

What did Schwartz do? Guess I've been living under a rock...

Don't care for any one of the three goofballs.

yeah i must have missed out too what did he get into???

learn something new everyday and you will have never wasted a day.

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! [Re: t george] #1597191 08/14/10 09:09 PM
R
RMR Offline OP
Veteran Tracker
OP Offline
Veteran Tracker
R
Insurance fraud

The beauty of the Second Ammendment is it won't be needed until they try and take it.
Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! [Re: RMR] #1597208 08/14/10 09:18 PM
T
t george Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
ha go figure

learn something new everyday and you will have never wasted a day.

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! [Re: t george] #1597218 08/14/10 09:24 PM
B
Brother in-law Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Larry is a TOOL. Can't shoot and makes nothing but common sense redundant statements. Why would anybody look up to him confused2

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! [Re: txtrophy85] #1597229 08/14/10 09:29 PM
J
JCB Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J

I aint knockin the guy at all. I have met Larry a few times and spoke with him at some of the hunting events he attends and he just doesnt give me the impression that he is loaded with $$$$$$. I think Larry is a great guy and if he really did buy the ranch I think its great! He just seems like a down to earth good family man that doesnt care if he has a single dollar in the bank as long as he can keep doing what he does and his family is happy.

Being a celebrity in the hunting world I never thought for one minute the guy was broke. But $8mill+ is a big purchase for just about anyone.

I aint sayin you can spot a rich guy just by lookin at him, but alot of them do give you that felling that they think they are better than you and you are not worthy of thier time. I have never gotten that impression from Larry. He just seems like an average joe that has been lucky enough to make a living for himself doing what he loves.

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! [Re: JCB] #1597439 08/14/10 11:41 PM
E
Eland Slayer Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
E
If I had the money ($8mil+), and didn't have to worry about the drug lords from Laredo coming to pay me a visit at the ranch headquarters.....I would buy that place in a heartbeat!! It's probably one of the best managed deer ranches in the U.S.

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram
Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! [Re: Eland Slayer] #1597550 08/15/10 12:47 AM
G
grout-scout Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
G
Come on guys don't bust on our fellow Texan, the man seems decent. He probably can't see through his scope, the guy has coke bottle glasses. I like watching him do rattling and enjoy his TV shows. I think the pistol must be more challenging to hold still and it would definitely be easier to carry.

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! [Re: grout-scout] #1597742 08/15/10 02:31 AM
M
M16 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
The odds that Larry bought this ranch by himself are slim and none and Slim left town. Larry's an okay guy. Just take everything he says and does with a large grain of salt. He's a professional BS artist.

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! [Re: M16] #1597783 08/15/10 02:49 AM
C
CitySlickerHunter Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: M16
The odds that Larry bought this ranch by himself are slim and none and Slim left town. Larry's an okay guy. Just take everything he says and does with a large grain of salt. He's a professional BS artist.
I DON'T know if that is correct or not confused2BUT that would explain why him & 7MAG get along SO well.....

"I can't be over gunned because the animal can't be over dead"-Elmer Keith
10/30/2012 I VOTED for The American
Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! [Re: CitySlickerHunter] #1597796 08/15/10 02:54 AM
7mag Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: CitySlickerHunter
I DON'T know if that is correct or not confused2BUT that would explain why him & 7MAG get along SO well.....

Well he is coming out to hunt mulies again this yr with us popcorn

[Linked Image]
"Laugh with many, but don't trust any"
Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! [Re: 7mag] #1598087 08/15/10 01:30 PM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Are you going to serve up the Arby's 5 for $5 to him? food grin

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! [Re: 7mag] #1598114 08/15/10 01:55 PM
C
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: 7mag

realmad cryingYOU WON'T fool me 2yrs. in arow

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! [Re: CitySlickerHunter] #1598273 08/15/10 03:43 PM
R
rtp Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
R

realmad cryingYOU WON'T fool me 2yrs. in arow

What gives? confused2

Let'em grow old
Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! [Re: rtp] #1598302 08/15/10 03:55 PM
T
Texpppr Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Yes when I was a kid I remember my step dad pointing out an old guy driving a beat up chevy car that he said was a multi millionaire many times over. This was in the mid 60's when a million dollars was still serious money.So you really never know what a guy might have if he doesn't brag.

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! [Re: Texpppr] #1598414 08/15/10 05:25 PM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: Texpppr
Yes when I was a kid I remember my step dad pointing out an old guy driving a beat up chevy car that he said was a multi millionaire many times over. This was in the mid 60's when a million dollars was still serious money.So you really never know what a guy might have if he doesn't brag.

if you know enough millionaires then you quickly realize that most are just ordinary joes who don't look, act or talk differently than most average guys, they are just more business savy.

one of the first millionares I met drove a ranch truck that he bought for $2500 that rolled around on 4 different brands of tires.

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! [Re: txtrophy85] #1598449 08/15/10 05:46 PM
R
Ranger Man Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
if you know enough millionaires then you quickly realize that most are just ordinary joes who don't look, act or talk differently than most average guys, they are just more business savy.

one of the first millionares I met drove a ranch truck that he bought for $2500 that rolled around on 4 different brands of tires.

Noted, but how many of them began their career with the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department as a front line biologist....

�Talk low, talk slow and don't say too much.�
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! [Re: Ranger Man] #1598456 08/15/10 05:50 PM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: Ranger Man

Noted, but how many of them began their career with the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department as a front line biologist....

the guy has written a dozen books, is sponsored by numerous companies, is a consultant, not to mention he does quite a few seminars and a few T.V shows. he also writes for a number of magazines.

Don't think the guy is rolling pennies for gas money

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! [Re: txtrophy85] #1598460 08/15/10 05:52 PM
M
Moondog Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
M
Originally Posted By: Texpppr

When I was in school in Kingsville, you'd see Robert Kleberg show up in town and he was often dirty and driving and old ratty vehicle. Looked like you needed to give him a handout if you didn't know better.
Just goes to show you really can't judge a book by the cover.

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! [Re: Moondog] #1601929 08/17/10 03:04 AM
7mag Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
rtp....................Clause is just mad cause he didn't get on the same hunt as when Larry was out last yr. rofl He went to Bean Town and missed hangin with Larr and me grin

[Linked Image]
"Laugh with many, but don't trust any"
Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! [Re: 7mag] #1601945 08/17/10 03:08 AM
R
rtp Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
R
gotchya. up

Let'em grow old
Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! [Re: 7mag] #1602042 08/17/10 03:46 AM
C
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
rtp....................Clause is just mad cause he didn't get on the same hunt as when Larry was out last yr. rofl He went to Bean Town and missed hangin with Larr and me grin
DON'T believe that crap..........I was bamboozeled (sp). 7mag's cruel sense of humor hurt a lot of good people realmad

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! [Re: CitySlickerHunter] #1602101 08/17/10 04:10 AM
R
Ranger Man Offline
Tracker
Tracker
R
peep

�Talk low, talk slow and don't say too much.�
[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread