Texas Hunting Forum

Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?!

Posted By: RMR

Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/13/10 05:02 AM

Well that is the word on the street.

Larry Weishuhn is said to have bought El Cazador.

Cool deal if you ask me. We'll have to wait and see what comes out to know for sure.

Posted By: Ranger Man

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/13/10 11:55 AM

Will he be invitin folks over to hunt?

Posted By: SATX

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/13/10 05:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Ranger Man
Will he be invitin folks over to hunt?

Only if you're part of the film crew! rofl

Posted By: LonestarCobra

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/13/10 08:36 PM

If he did, there will be alot of wounded and gutshot deer in the area. rifle

Posted By: dk5265

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/13/10 08:41 PM

Originally Posted By: LonestarCobra
x2 rofl

Posted By: Longhunter

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/13/10 10:50 PM

Should be a good deal...

Posted By: JCB

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/13/10 10:57 PM

Good for Larry!

He never really struck me as the kind of person with enough money to buy something like that though.

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/14/10 12:29 AM

Cover for
Originally Posted By: JCB
He never really struck me as the kind of person with enough money to buy something like that though.

I agree - still trying to figure this one out. Wonder if any connection to the recent Schwarz issue.......

Posted By: txtrophy85

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/14/10 01:55 AM

Cover for

I agree - still trying to figure this one out. Wonder if any connection to the recent Schwarz issue.......

haha.....that man has more money that ya'll know about......

Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/14/10 02:40 AM

Originally Posted By: txtrophy85
Cover for

haha.....that man has more money that ya'll know about......

Glad to see it! Kind of like keeping it in the family!

Posted By: NDN98

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/14/10 04:49 AM

Originally Posted By: dk5265
x2 rofl

I thought it was just me, but I think he needs to spend a lot more time at the range. Especially with his pistol. He is a deer scaring expert bang

Posted By: t george

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/14/10 04:59 AM

i think he should either put the pistol up and use a rifle or he should keep his shots a lot closer... geuss he will get lots of practice on his new ranch...

Posted By: Lazy L

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/14/10 05:05 AM

If it's true will be just a big science project

Posted By: ParkCountyElkDestroyer

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/14/10 05:29 AM

Isn't El Cazador that restaurant off of 180 near Palo Pinto?

Posted By: preston629

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/14/10 06:01 AM

i saw good ole larry on tv tonite shoot behind a deer, not above or below but behind it....

Posted By: Slimpickin

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/14/10 02:03 PM

I saw the same...said his scope mount was loose. Dang the luck...

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/14/10 03:25 PM

Ever watch the recoil when he shoots that thing.

That's how that crease got in the top of that cowboy hat he wears.

Get a rifle!

Posted By: erathar

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/14/10 03:42 PM

Good for Larry!

I watched an episode last night after I read this thread. I kind of agreed with you JCB. He was in south texas last night and was wearing a plain ol pair of leather gloves...BUT they were colored cammo with a green and black sharpie. It was the funniest dang thing. I thought to myself, "And this is the guy that just shelled out how many million dollars?" roflmao

Posted By: Stickchunker

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/14/10 03:50 PM

Originally Posted By: erathar
Good for Larry!

I watched an episode last night after I read this thread. I kind of agreed with you JCB. He was in south texas last night and was wearing a plain ol pair of leather gloves...BUT they were colored cammo with a green and black sharpie. It was the funniest dang thing. I thought to myself, "And this is the guy that just shelled out how many million dollars?" roflmao

Thats probely the reason he has enough money to buy a ranch like that. Frugile (SP)

Posted By: Moondog

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/14/10 05:00 PM

Saw on a land sale site where the asking price for the El Caz was a cool $8.850 mil. Only a little over $3000 per acre to buy your lease. grin

Posted By: Txduckman

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/14/10 05:08 PM

I think ole Larry just had Gary replace a filling and somehow he owns the ranch. lol.

Posted By: prohunter2011

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/14/10 05:26 PM

larry is a ding dong dont like the guy at all retard.

Posted By: rtp

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/14/10 07:38 PM

Ok, Im confused. I thought David Morris owned El Cazador and Schwartz was partnered with Morris on the original Tecomate ranch? I saw Schwartz on a hunting show this morning. I figured with all his troubles his face would not be on TV this year. I know they shot this stuff last year but I still figured it would get pulled and replaced. What a Jackarse.

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/14/10 08:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Moondog
Saw on a land sale site where the asking price for the El Caz was a cool $8.850 mil. Only a little over $3000 per acre to buy your lease. grin

in todays market, asking price and selling price are two very different things. it might have been somewhere around the $2500/acre mark, you never know.

south texas ranches arn't exactly flying off the shelves these days

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/14/10 08:28 PM

Good for Larry!

I work with some people that look like it'd be a stretch for them to buy a grand slam at denny's, who own 10's of millions of dollars worth of properties. these are the same guys who buy generic soda, drive used trucks and take their lunch to work. one of my clients dosen't even own a mule or a ranger to get around his property but he owns over 5000k acres in several tracts. how many guys who lease 300 acres have a 8k side x side to pull behind their truck?

I know other guys who look/act like they just signed a contract with the cowboys have to borrow money from mom and dad each month to afford the payment on their new crew cab diesel. they are there every year, with a brand new bow, scope or 4 wheeler.

so tell me, what does wealthy look like?

Posted By: FinFowlAndWhitetail

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/14/10 08:39 PM

Good for Larry!

I work with some people that look like it'd be a stretch for them to buy a grand slam at denny's, who own 10's of millions of dollars worth of properties. these are the same guys who buy generic soda, drive used trucks and take their lunch to work. one of my clients dosen't even own a mule or a ranger to get around his property but he owns over 5000k acres in several tracts. how many guys who lease 300 acres have a 8k side x side to pull behind their truck?

I know other guys who look/act like they just signed a contract with the cowboys have to borrow money from mom and dad each month to afford the payment on their new crew cab diesel. they are there every year, with a brand new bow, scope or 4 wheeler.

well said.... had a guy tell me one time at work, "i dont need a million dollars, i just want people to think ive got it" another guy chimed in and said "i want the million, just dont want anyone to know it." makes perfect sense... one is in debt up to the top of his balding head, and the other is probably knocking on a million and you would never know

Posted By: erathar

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/14/10 08:58 PM

Good for Larry!

Whoa buddy, you took my post WAY out of context. I had no intention of coming across like I thought the guy was broke. I just though it was kind of funny with those gloves. In absolutly no way was I giving the impression that "wealthy" looks a certain way, you just took it wrong.

Posted By: Hman

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/14/10 09:05 PM

Originally Posted By: rtp
Ok, Im confused. I thought David Morris owned El Cazador and Schwartz was partnered with Morris on the original Tecomate ranch? I saw Schwartz on a hunting show this morning. I figured with all his troubles his face would not be on TV this year. I know they shot this stuff last year but I still figured it would get pulled and replaced. What a Jackarse.

What did Schwartz do? Guess I've been living under a rock...

Don't care for any one of the three goofballs.

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/14/10 09:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Hman
Originally Posted By: rtp

What did Schwartz do? Guess I've been living under a rock...

Don't care for any one of the three goofballs.

yeah i must have missed out too what did he get into???

Posted By: RMR

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/14/10 09:09 PM

Insurance fraud

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/14/10 09:18 PM

ha go figure

Posted By: Brother in-law

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/14/10 09:24 PM

Larry is a TOOL. Can't shoot and makes nothing but common sense redundant statements. Why would anybody look up to him confused2

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/14/10 09:29 PM

I aint knockin the guy at all. I have met Larry a few times and spoke with him at some of the hunting events he attends and he just doesnt give me the impression that he is loaded with $$$$$$. I think Larry is a great guy and if he really did buy the ranch I think its great! He just seems like a down to earth good family man that doesnt care if he has a single dollar in the bank as long as he can keep doing what he does and his family is happy.

Being a celebrity in the hunting world I never thought for one minute the guy was broke. But $8mill+ is a big purchase for just about anyone.

I aint sayin you can spot a rich guy just by lookin at him, but alot of them do give you that felling that they think they are better than you and you are not worthy of thier time. I have never gotten that impression from Larry. He just seems like an average joe that has been lucky enough to make a living for himself doing what he loves.

Posted By: Eland Slayer

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/14/10 11:41 PM

If I had the money ($8mil+), and didn't have to worry about the drug lords from Laredo coming to pay me a visit at the ranch headquarters.....I would buy that place in a heartbeat!! It's probably one of the best managed deer ranches in the U.S.

Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/15/10 12:47 AM

Come on guys don't bust on our fellow Texan, the man seems decent. He probably can't see through his scope, the guy has coke bottle glasses. I like watching him do rattling and enjoy his TV shows. I think the pistol must be more challenging to hold still and it would definitely be easier to carry.

Posted By: M16

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/15/10 02:31 AM

The odds that Larry bought this ranch by himself are slim and none and Slim left town. Larry's an okay guy. Just take everything he says and does with a large grain of salt. He's a professional BS artist.

Posted By: CitySlickerHunter

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/15/10 02:49 AM

Originally Posted By: M16
The odds that Larry bought this ranch by himself are slim and none and Slim left town. Larry's an okay guy. Just take everything he says and does with a large grain of salt. He's a professional BS artist.
I DON'T know if that is correct or not confused2BUT that would explain why him & 7MAG get along SO well.....

Posted By: 7mag

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/15/10 02:54 AM

Originally Posted By: CitySlickerHunter
I DON'T know if that is correct or not confused2BUT that would explain why him & 7MAG get along SO well.....

Well he is coming out to hunt mulies again this yr with us popcorn

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/15/10 01:30 PM

Are you going to serve up the Arby's 5 for $5 to him? food grin

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/15/10 01:55 PM

Originally Posted By: 7mag

realmad cryingYOU WON'T fool me 2yrs. in arow

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/15/10 03:43 PM

realmad cryingYOU WON'T fool me 2yrs. in arow

What gives? confused2

Posted By: Texpppr

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/15/10 03:55 PM

Yes when I was a kid I remember my step dad pointing out an old guy driving a beat up chevy car that he said was a multi millionaire many times over. This was in the mid 60's when a million dollars was still serious money.So you really never know what a guy might have if he doesn't brag.

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/15/10 05:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Texpppr
Yes when I was a kid I remember my step dad pointing out an old guy driving a beat up chevy car that he said was a multi millionaire many times over. This was in the mid 60's when a million dollars was still serious money.So you really never know what a guy might have if he doesn't brag.

if you know enough millionaires then you quickly realize that most are just ordinary joes who don't look, act or talk differently than most average guys, they are just more business savy.

one of the first millionares I met drove a ranch truck that he bought for $2500 that rolled around on 4 different brands of tires.

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/15/10 05:46 PM

if you know enough millionaires then you quickly realize that most are just ordinary joes who don't look, act or talk differently than most average guys, they are just more business savy.

one of the first millionares I met drove a ranch truck that he bought for $2500 that rolled around on 4 different brands of tires.

Noted, but how many of them began their career with the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department as a front line biologist....

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/15/10 05:50 PM

Noted, but how many of them began their career with the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department as a front line biologist....

the guy has written a dozen books, is sponsored by numerous companies, is a consultant, not to mention he does quite a few seminars and a few T.V shows. he also writes for a number of magazines.

Don't think the guy is rolling pennies for gas money

Posted By: Moondog

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/15/10 05:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Texpppr

When I was in school in Kingsville, you'd see Robert Kleberg show up in town and he was often dirty and driving and old ratty vehicle. Looked like you needed to give him a handout if you didn't know better.
Just goes to show you really can't judge a book by the cover.

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/17/10 03:04 AM

rtp....................Clause is just mad cause he didn't get on the same hunt as when Larry was out last yr. rofl He went to Bean Town and missed hangin with Larr and me grin

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/17/10 03:08 AM

gotchya. up

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/17/10 03:46 AM

rtp....................Clause is just mad cause he didn't get on the same hunt as when Larry was out last yr. rofl He went to Bean Town and missed hangin with Larr and me grin
DON'T believe that crap..........I was bamboozeled (sp). 7mag's cruel sense of humor hurt a lot of good people realmad

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/17/10 04:10 AM

peep

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/17/10 05:19 PM

DON'T believe that crap..........I was bamboozeled (sp). 7mag's cruel sense of humor hurt a lot of good people realmad

Grand Paw Paw??? rofl

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/17/10 05:25 PM

My Great Uncle.......U cruel, cruel man. The EMPTY picture frame is still above my fireplace. wtf

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/17/10 05:29 PM

My Great Uncle.......U cruel, cruel man. The EMPTY picture frame is still above my fireplace. wtf

ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rofl

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/17/10 05:31 PM

ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rofl
Typical Jackwagon behavior.

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/17/10 05:33 PM

Ok dude, I really do feel bad

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/17/10 06:48 PM

Ok dude, I really do feel bad

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
IF I didn't find you SO amusing, I would REALLY hate U. hammer

Posted By: gary roberson

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/18/10 03:16 PM

I know Larry very well and consider him to be a good friend and a good guy. I surely did not know that he purchased a ranch but he has been a partner in the Los Cazadores store at Pearsall for a number of years.
Adios,
Gary

Posted By: LAstrutter

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/18/10 04:22 PM

He may be a great guy, but he still can't shoot a lick. He's not that great even with a rifle.

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/18/10 06:26 PM

Originally Posted By: LAstrutter

He may be a great guy, but he still can't shoot a lick. He's not that great even with a rifle.

I've heard this brought up several times in this thread.

he's killed more animals than most of us have ever even seen, and I venture to guess that hes not any worse a shot than 90% of the guys on this forum.

Posted By: cameron00

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/18/10 07:51 PM

I don't know. He misses, as in full-blown misses the entire animal, quite a bit. There was an episode where he shot 4 or 5 times at the same deer that just wouldn't run off for some reason. It could have been that the gun was off, but then he dropped it on his 6th attempt.

He's pretty bad.

Posted By: M16

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/18/10 08:22 PM

I can't help but think that anyone with Larry's hunting experience can't be that bad of a shot. I'm wondering if that is done on purpose? Part of his stick of being accepted by the average hunter.

Posted By: BCJ

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/18/10 08:35 PM

Some of his misses have been with the Encore pistol in 30-06. It really doesn't take much movement to really throw a bullet off in a 15" pistol barrel. I hunt with a Contender and it took a lot of practice in the beggining. Maybe the sponser are making him use it even though it isn't his ideal weapon.

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/18/10 08:57 PM

Yeah, every time I've seen him miss, it's been with that pistol.

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/18/10 08:58 PM

I bet TC loves watching him demonstrate how incredibly difficult it is to hit something with their product.

Posted By: TAT

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/19/10 01:19 AM

you have to give it to larry though he has an awesome BEARD!!!

Posted By: rifleman

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/19/10 01:58 AM

He seems like an alright guy, but he does miss like crazy with the pistola. I'm not the holier than thou type, but know that every miss could be a wounded deer not recovered. At some point hang it up and get something that will give you a better hit to miss ratio.

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/19/10 04:20 AM

he's killed more animals than most of us have ever even seen, and I venture to guess that hes not any worse a shot than 90% of the guys on this forum.

[/quote]

He's killed more deer than most hunters because he hunts at petting zoos. He probably hasn't had to work at killing a deer in 40 years. The benefits of hunting managed game ranches.

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/19/10 11:56 AM

He's killed more deer than most hunters because he hunts at petting zoos. He probably hasn't had to work at killing a deer in 40 years. The benefits of hunting managed game ranches.

Oh lord here we go.....take your pissing and moaning elsewhere. The statement you just made is probably the most ignorant thing I've read all week. I've seen Larry hunt just as many low-fenced places as high fenced places.

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/19/10 12:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Eland Slayer

The statement you just made is probably the most ignorant thing I've read all week. .

I would have to agree, but then again, its only thursday......

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/19/10 01:17 PM

Oh lord here we go.....take your pissing and moaning elsewhere. The statement you just made is probably the most ignorant thing I've read all week. I've seen larry hunt just as many low-fenced places as high fenced places.

Did I say anything about a high fence? A managed ranch does not have to be high fence. Regardless of high or low fence, it is much easier to kill a good buck on a managed ranch, and that's where he hunts, pretty much exclusively. I'm not knocking anyone who hunts on a managed area, I'm just saying this is why he kills so many deer. Do you think Larry would be as successful hunting the average joes property or public land? I don't think so. You can worship him all you want, but I'm going to pass.

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/19/10 01:52 PM

Oh lord here we go.....take your pissing and moaning elsewhere. The statement you just made is probably the most ignorant thing I've read all week. I've seen larry hunt just as many low-fenced places as high fenced places.

Did I say anything about a high fence? A managed ranch does not have to be high fence. Regardless of high or low fence, it is much easier to kill a good buck on a managed ranch, and that's where he hunts, pretty much exclusively. I'm not knocking anyone who hunts on a managed area, I'm just saying this is why he kills so many deer. Do you think Larry would be as successful hunting the average joes property or public land? I don't think so. You can worship him all you want, but I'm going to pass.

he hunts normal ranches like the brown ranch, the chapparosa and the perlitz. none of them are "petting zoos". he's in the business of hunting, of course he is going to experiance the best of the best. do you think the CEO of lamborghini drives a ford focus?

sure, he isn't hunting 300 acres owned by farmer johnson, but he dosne't have to, dosen't make him any less of a hunter. All i see coming from your post is JEALOULSY!!!!

btw, do you think anyone would wanna watch his t.v show if all he was doing was sitting in a box blind on 50 acres looking at two does and a spike under a feeder? probably not, or you would be on t.v. sponsors arn't gonna pay for that.

same reason people like to watch nascar or top fuel races, not two ford taurus's drag race.

Haters gonna hate, I don't worship him, but he is a good guy who has the fortune to do what he loves on top properties, whats wrong with that.

your the guy sitting at the end of the bar staring at the guy with the hot chick mumbling something like "he must be rich" arn't you?

Posted By: BOBO the Clown

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/19/10 02:00 PM

So when he does hunt north of the red river are those petting zoos aslo?

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/19/10 02:09 PM

First of all, you don't know me, so don't go speculating anything. I'm not jealous of anything or anyone. I have probably taken more deer than most people on this forum. I'm not bragging, just stating a fact. I don't have to hunt game ranches to take nice deer. I do own property and lease property and have a good deer population to hunt, but it's far from a game ranch. These places you stated where he hunts, anyone could go there and kill deer, anyone. I don't personally know Larry. I'm sure he is a nice guy and an accomplished hunter. I never said he wasn't. All I said was he kills many good deer because of where he hunts. Accomplished as he is, he wouldn't even come close to killing the deer he does if he hunted like the average hunter. And by the way, you would probably be jealous if you saw my wife. I don't want to have a pissing match with you. We love the same thing, hunting, so lets just get along and talk hunting. Good luck to you this season.

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/19/10 02:11 PM

LMAO..Becuase its so hard to kill a deer in Texas rofl

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/19/10 02:11 PM

Originally Posted By: BOBO the Clown

There are managed ranches north of the Red River too.

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/19/10 02:27 PM

Your so right its called a private ranch AKA a cattle ranch rofl

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/19/10 02:32 PM

just out of curiousity please tell me what makes a ranch a managed ranch?

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/19/10 02:35 PM

Really, do you think your that funny? Hunting some of these places is like hunting cattle.

Posted By: stxranchman

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/19/10 02:49 PM

Really, do you think your that funny? Hunting some of these places is like hunting cattle.

From what I can read about your treads is that you do not like nor have you hunted much on managed ranches. So in your interpretation when a ranch manages their deer herd the deer become much dumber than the deer you manage on your ranch if I have read you right. So you hunt only smart deer then? In my limited experience of hunting deer unmanaged, managed, HF and LF, I would say that a managed deer herd is much tougher to hunt than an unmanaged one. The deer pressured on managed ranches by management. The older an animals becomes the tougher it is to hunt...that is just fact. Look at the amount of younger bucks and does harvest by county or by state and you can see that. If older managed bucks were easy to hunt every hunter in every state would being seeing and taking one every year. Just my unexperienced opinion.

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/19/10 02:50 PM

Well fellas.....guess we're all just "petting zoo deer murderers" now. Since LAstrutter is the know-all, end-all to everything that is man and everything that is hunting. If you're not hunting barefooted in the Sam Houston National Forest with a slingshot blindfolded.....you MUST be hunting in a petting zoo.

I've got a vision......it's a new show on the Outdoor Channel called "LAstrutter's Outdoors: How real men hunt!!"......In order to be on the show, you must only hunt public land (or private land with no deer on it). You must be barefooted, not shower for one week, use leaves for toilet paper, and hunt with a home-made hickory bow using flint arrowheads. A REAL MAN would never hunt land that has more than one deer per square mile.....that's cheating. Blah Blah Blah.....

Sorry I had to do that.....I felt the need for some emergency comic relief..... grin

But seriously.....am I really hearing what I think I'm hearing?? Are you honestly inferring that someone is less of a hunter because he hunts a properly managed piece of property?? C'mon!! I've heard it all now.....

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/19/10 02:52 PM

Well fellas.....guess we're all just "petting zoo deer murderers" now. Since LAstrutter is the know-all, end-all to everything that is man and everything that is hunting. If you're not hunting barefooted in the Sam Houston National Forest with a slingshot blindfolded.....you MUST be hunting in a petting zoo.

I've got a vision......it's a new show on the Outdoor Channel called "LAstrutter's Outdoors: How real men hunt!!"......In order to be on the show, you must only hunt public land (or private land with no deer on it). You must be barefooted, not shower for one week, use leaves for toilet paper, and hunt with a home-made hickory bow using flint arrowheads. A REAL MAN would never hunt land that has more than one deer per square mile.....that's cheating. Blah Blah Blah.....

Sorry I had to do that.....I felt the need for some emergency comic relief..... grin

But seriously.....am I really hearing what I think I'm hearing?? Are you honestly inferring that someone is less of a hunter because he hunts a properly managed piece of property?? C'mon!! I've heard it all now.....

Whew you beat me to it! cheers

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/19/10 03:05 PM

From what I can read about your treads is that you do not like nor have you hunted much on managed ranches. So in your interpretation when a ranch manages their deer herd the deer become much dumber than the deer you manage on your ranch if I have read you right. So you hunt only smart deer then? In my limited experience of hunting deer unmanaged, managed, HF and LF, I would say that a managed deer herd is much tougher to hunt than an unmanaged one. The deer pressured on managed ranches by management. The older an animals becomes the tougher it is to hunt...that is just fact. Look at the amount of younger bucks and does harvest by county or by state and you can see that. If older managed bucks were easy to hunt every hunter in every state would being seeing and taking one every year. Just my unexperience opinion. [/quote]

A managed deer herd on a hf ranch is tougher to hunt than an unmanaged herd on my 200 acres with no fence and thousands upon thousands of acres the deer can travel to and from, while being pursued by thousands of hunters? Do you really believe that? You need to come over here and hunt and see if you think that is really true.

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/19/10 03:06 PM

LMAO..Becuase its so hard to kill a deer in Texas rofl

some years it is... but it almost makes me want to go hunt public land this year just to see how hard it is to actually kill a legal deer. rofl

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/19/10 03:16 PM

From what I can read about your treads is that you do not like nor have you hunted much on managed ranches. So in your interpretation when a ranch manages their deer herd the deer become much dumber than the deer you manage on your ranch if I have read you right. So you hunt only smart deer then? In my limited experience of hunting deer unmanaged, managed, HF and LF, I would say that a managed deer herd is much tougher to hunt than an unmanaged one. The deer pressured on managed ranches by management. The older an animals becomes the tougher it is to hunt...that is just fact. Look at the amount of younger bucks and does harvest by county or by state and you can see that. If older managed bucks were easy to hunt every hunter in every state would being seeing and taking one every year. Just my unexperience opinion.

A managed deer herd on a hf ranch is tougher to hunt than an unmanaged herd on my 200 acres with no fence and thousands upon thousands of acres the deer can travel to and from, while being pursued by thousands of hunters? Do you really believe that? You need to come over here and hunt and see if you think that is really true. [/quote]

So if your deer are tougher hunt being umanaged how did you kill 1000's of them on 200 acres? They must be dumber there to be so easy to hunt if that is the case or a zoo. You proved my point.

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/19/10 03:18 PM

Where did I say if you hunt on a properly managed piece of property that makes you less of a hunter? I never said that. I'm saying it's easier to kill big deer where these celebrity hunters are hunting such as Larry. I'm not saying they are not good.They just kill big deer because they get to hunt at these top of the line places. Is it really that hard to understand?

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/19/10 03:25 PM

So if your deer are tougher hunt being umanaged how did you kill 1000's of them on 200 acres? They must be dumber there to be so easy to hunt if that is the case or a zoo. You proved my point. [/quote]

Did I say I've killed thousands of them? No, I said thousands of acres. I guess you can't read very well. You just proved my point, you don't have a clue of what your talking about.

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/19/10 03:31 PM

Where did I say if you hunt on a properly managed piece of property that makes you less of a hunter? I never said that. I'm saying it's easier to kill big deer where these celebrity hunters are hunting such as Larry. I'm not saying they are not good.They just kill big deer because they get to hunt at these top of the line places. Is it really that hard to understand?

the last two bolded are generally linked back to the first one bolded.

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/19/10 03:38 PM

So by your definition any land that has little pressure on it is managed. So basically whether it is 200 acres LF or 20k LF it doesn't matter it all about the number of hunters that come and do...??? Correct.

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/19/10 03:56 PM

So by your definition any land that has little pressure on it is managed. So basically whether it is 200 acres LF or 20k LF it doesn't matter it all about the number of hunters that come and do...??? Correct.

No.

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/19/10 03:56 PM

Then what is your definetion of managed lands, not trying to be a smart arse just really curious now

Posted By: dgilbert

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/19/10 04:07 PM

Quote:
I have probably taken more deer than most people on this forum. I'm not bragging, just stating a fact.

Ya and you don't know me or anybody else on here, so lets not go here as well.

Posted By: Justin T

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/19/10 04:12 PM

I've done that, and I've got to say, its pretty easy. You're only a real hunter if you get spun around in an office chair 20 times before firing that slingshot.

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/19/10 04:15 PM

that's easy to.o....do the "dizzy game" with a wiffleball bat full of Jack and then try it...much harder.

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/19/10 04:17 PM

Originally Posted By: dgilbert
Quote:
I have probably taken more deer than most people on this forum. I'm not bragging, just stating a fact.

Ya and you don't know me or anybody else on here, so lets not go here as well.

I know I shouldn't have said that. The only reason I did is because I was accused of being jealous, and I certainly am not. I know there are many good hunters here and I apologize for that statement.

Posted By: BigLar

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/19/10 05:00 PM

Well now, don't we all feel better now?

Next!

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/19/10 05:09 PM

So if your deer are tougher hunt being umanaged how did you kill 1000's of them on 200 acres? They must be dumber there to be so easy to hunt if that is the case or a zoo. You proved my point.

Did I say I've killed thousands of them? No, I said thousands of acres. I guess you can't read very well. You just proved my point, you don't have a clue of what your talking about. [/quote]

Well you did say that you had killed more deer than most of us on this forum so I took as you had killed 1000's on your place since you were bragging about it andare managing it to kill the maximum amount of deer or you neighbors are managing their ranch to support your management. Your philosophy of management is why and where HF came into play. Signed Clueless.

Posted By: AmoCuernos

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/19/10 05:34 PM

Haha...

I love how people think they are so much more awesome at hunting because they occasionally kill a 5 year old amongst all their 2 year olds...

How stupid is that?

Like it's hard to kill a deer or something... Haha...

These same people think that older deer are "smarter" and the deer with the biggest antlers have the most intelligence...

Hahaha

They shoot all the young deer that come out in the daytime... Leaving the young deer that are mostly nocturnal... Who live a year or 2 longer and STAY nocturnal...

They think bone on a deer's head equates to a brain...

And I am less of a hunter because I don't shoot deer until they are mature...

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/19/10 08:20 PM

Originally Posted By: AmoCuernos
Haha...

I love how people think they are so much more awesome at hunting because they occasionally kill a 5 year old amongst all their 2 year olds...

How stupid is that?

Like it's hard to kill a deer or something... Haha...

These same people think that older deer are "smarter" and the deer with the biggest antlers have the most intelligence...

Hahaha

They shoot all the young deer that come out in the daytime... Leaving the young deer that are mostly nocturnal... Who live a year or 2 longer and STAY nocturnal...

They think bone on a deer's head equates to a brain...

pretty much somes it up right there!

LAStrutter....your right, it is alot harder to kill a "big" deer on low fence un managed ranches....simply because most of the time they don't exist. thats a major focal point of this "management" you so velhmently hate.

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/19/10 08:54 PM

Haha...

somewhat, we put as close to no pressure as possible on the jokers and something happens when they go from 4.5-5.5. They don't usually lollygag out in our fields all morning and get to be a PITA to find. Place isn't well managed, we just rarely pull the trigger.

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/19/10 09:03 PM

Originally Posted By: rifleman
Haha...

somewhat, we put as close to no pressure as possible on the jokers and something happens when they go from 4.5-5.5. They don't usually lollygag out in our fields all morning and get to be a PITA to find. Place isn't well managed, we just rarely pull the trigger.

deer have personalities and habits too.

i can show you deer that are 3 1/2 that are as skittish as a ringtail cat.

I can also show you 6 year old bucks that live within a 30 yard radius of a corn feeder and are the first one to show up, hunting pressure or no hunting pressure.

every deer is different.

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/19/10 09:24 PM

I've noticed the different personalities, but I haven't seen the 5.5 yr olds acting like they did the yr prior yet where we hunt. Hopefully their memory will start to go at 6.5.

Posted By: Hobbs McAvoy

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/19/10 09:35 PM

managed lands = more mature deer = more opportunity

All deer are different. Some bucks are just hard to kill. Others are easy.

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/19/10 11:14 PM

Yeah.. I know deer have different personalities... He'smad because the ones wirh personalities that lend to them getting shot ats a twirling still are alive at 5 on managed land

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/20/10 12:40 AM

What is your problem. You guys are not understanding what I am saying. I never said I was against deer management. I own my own land and I manage my deer best I can. I don't shoot young bucks like you think I do. I let them walk in hopes they become 4 1/2 to 6 1/2 years old, but that aint happening over here.I have good land with pretty decent deer numbers, but 200 acres isn't a whole lot of land to raise deer. I'm all for the guy or ranch who manages their property by providing food, cover, and water. I never said I wasn't. This whole thread was about Larry, not whether you manage your herd or shoot young bucks. Lets see if we can comprehend this. If you hunt on a top notch ranch where their are lots of good bucks with a guide, as in Larry's case, you are much more likely to kill a nice buck than if you hunted on most properties. Why can't you understand this? Hell, if I had the money, I would love to buy El Cazador. That would be a dream come true, but just a dream.

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/20/10 12:46 AM

No you are not, but what's it to you if someone wants to shoot a 1 1/2 or 2 1/2 yr. old buck? Not everybody cares about shooting older mature bucks. If you choose to let 1 1/2 to 4 1/2 yr. olds walk, that's perfectly fine, but don't knock someone who doesn't hunt by your standards.

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/20/10 12:54 AM

Yeah.. I know deer have different personalities... He'smad because the ones wirh personalities that lend to them getting shot ats a twirling still are alive at 5 on managed land

I'm not mad at all. I could care less what you kill and what you let walk. You kill a buck over here at 5 1/2, you have accomplished something.

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/20/10 01:08 AM

I'm not mad at all. I could care less what you kill and what you let walk. You kill a buck over here at 5 1/2, you have accomplished something.

I think the entire rant was about you saying that because its not common place to kill a mature deer where your at, that larry is somehow not in the real world of hunting, or that because he gets to hunt premium properties, that he isn't a hunter, because its easier to bag a larger buck on managed properties than on properties where everyone shoots the first deer they see.

Posted By: redseal

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/20/10 01:11 AM

i've got a problem with people shootin year and a half old deer and then wonder why they have no bigger deer like my neighbors when i try to manage mine then they wonder why i am the only one around with mature bucks i mean it wouldn't bother me if they shot a 5.5 old year deer even if he was the biggest of the area even if i'd been watchin that buck it just sickens me to see a 3.5 year old 6 or 8 with a 14 inch spread shot for no reason other than he was the first deer there.

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/20/10 01:13 AM

Originally Posted By: redseal
it just sickens me to see a 3.5 year old 6 or 8 with a 14 inch spread shot for no reason other than he was the first deer there.

i feel ya brother.

this is the main reason for highfences in whitetail country in the first place

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/20/10 01:34 AM

Not wanting to shoot a 3 1/2 yr old 14" is fine, but like I said, not everyone hunts for the same reason. Some hunters would just as soon kill a 1 1/2 yr old spike as they would a 5 1/2 yr old 10 point. That'a fine too. I don't really like it, but I'm not going to condem someone for shooting something they want. Whatever makes them happy. I choose not to do it, and fortunately more hunters over here are finally passing on the 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 yr olds. What really sickens me is hearing someone say " yeah I killed my 10th deer today" when the season limit is only 6. BTW, a 3 1/2 yr old 14" to 18" 8 point is a pretty dang good buck over here. Odds are he won't make it to 4.

Posted By: redseal

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/20/10 02:05 AM

my place too but i pass them hoping they will hide out on my place

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/20/10 02:14 AM

yeah I killed my 10th deer today" when the season limit is only 6. BTW, a 3 1/2 yr old 14" to 18" 8 point is a pretty dang good buck over here. Odds are he won't make it to 4.

i assume you don't hunt in texas......

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/20/10 02:38 AM

He's in LA... He's lucky if the hunters there even go look for half the stuff they kill.

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/20/10 02:40 AM

i assume you don't hunt in texas......

No, I don't deer hunt in Texas. I do turkey hunt some there though. I love hunting in my home state of LA., but there is something about Texas I just love. Don't get me wrong, we have some really nice bucks in north LA., there is just not near as much emphasis on growing trophies here as there is in Texas. The Parish I hunt in has one of the highest, if not the highest, deer populations in the state, but the big boys are a little further east close to the river where the soil is extremely fertile.

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/20/10 02:45 AM

He's in LA... He's lucky if the hunters there even go look for half the stuff they kill.

Come on now, it's not that bad over here. I think it's worse up north than it is down here. Sure, we have our share of idiot rednecks who will shoot anything that walks and will breal laws in a heartbeat, but most hunters in LA. are honest and law abiding. You have the bad hunters everywhere. Now go down to south LA. and that's a different world. I don't want to get into that issue.

Posted By: little bear

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/20/10 03:49 AM

I love it !! this is the best thing i have found on the web !!! but (Larry needs a shotgun not a rifle you do not have to be so steady) lol!!!

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/20/10 12:18 PM

Originally Posted By: little bear
(Larry needs a shotgun not a rifle you do not have to be so steady) lol!!!

I believe he does use a shotgun at times. Isn't that that a shotgun he is carrying in that that Burkburnett Poacher post....

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/20/10 01:46 PM

What is your problem. You guys are not understanding what I am saying. I never said I was against deer management. I own my own land and I manage my deer best I can. I don't shoot young bucks like you think I do. I let them walk in hopes they become 4 1/2 to 6 1/2 years old, but that aint happening over here.I have good land with pretty decent deer numbers, but 200 acres isn't a whole lot of land to raise deer. I'm all for the guy or ranch who manages their property by providing food, cover, and water. I never said I wasn't. This whole thread was about Larry, not whether you manage your herd or shoot young bucks. Lets see if we can comprehend this. If you hunt on a top notch ranch where their are lots of good bucks with a guide, as in Larry's case, you are much more likely to kill a nice buck than if you hunted on most properties. Why can't you understand this? Hell, if I had the money, I would love to buy El Cazador. That would be a dream come true, but just a dream.

You do have enough land to manage, and by your own admissionyou are manageing it(not shooting young bucks). It's your thought process that we are jumping on. You don't have to be a super manager or even a so-so manager to have decent bucks...You just have to stop worring about your niebhors and worry about the things that you can control, what you shoot. Those ranches Larry is hunting in the mid west are not even close to being as managed as much or hard as 1/5 of the hill country ranches in TX. They are all normal cattle operations that just decided to let the young bucks walk...

And the whole thinking that bucks in your area will never make it to 4.5 or 6.5... Up unitl 6 years ago 80 percent of TX felt the same way... People like Amos have pushed hard to show that the lack of mature deer is nothing more then a product of the person pulling the trigger

And for the Record, Larry for the most part is not shooting top tier deer. If you watch 8/10 are what most would consider mid level deer(130-149 Class 8 and 10's), good deer none the less but still not super deer.

Also there has been atleast 5 deer killed with in hour of Dallas Worth worth in the last 3-4 years that are pushing or broke the 200in mark...and most on ranches under 400 acres and all LF.

Posted By: txhunter24

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/20/10 01:54 PM

Heck, I hunt 50 acres that is bordered on two sides by a 1160 acre ranch. I know in my case all I can do is let young bucks walk, provide food, cover and water and hope that good karma comes my way. I know sooner or later I will get a BIG buck. but I also know hunting such small acreage Im at the mercy of my neighbors.

Posted By: cody

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/20/10 01:56 PM

Originally Posted By: RMR

Cool deal if you ask me. We'll have to wait and see what comes out to know for sure.

Sweet! Now he can take his pistol and gut shoot his own deer instead of other peoples!

Posted By: txhunter24

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/20/10 02:01 PM

rifle deer rofl

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/20/10 03:20 PM

Originally Posted By: cody
Originally Posted By: RMR

Sweet! Now he can take his pistol and gut shoot his own deer instead of other peoples!

He would have to improve his shooting to get to that point.... cheers

Posted By: sasquatch1

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/20/10 06:56 PM

I wonder if the term "united we stand divided we fall" has any relance here?

Posted By: NDN98

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/21/10 03:48 AM

Originally Posted By: little bear
(Larry needs a shotgun not a rifle you do not have to be so steady) lol!!!

I believe he does use a shotgun at times. Isn't that that a shotgun he is carrying in that that Burkburnett Poacher post....

rofl I think you may have just fingered the poacher.

Posted By: wellingtontx

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/26/10 03:46 PM

ABSOLUTELY ! Watched another show on DVR last night where he missed/wounded another one with his pistol.

Posted By: BORN2HUNT

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/26/10 05:44 PM

Reading through all of this is funny as he77. Larry cant shoot, he misses. Most of the time hes using a handgun. You can expect to miss from time to time. Have any of you complainers ever missed or wounded a deer. Im sure you have. And I watch the outdoor channel all the time and I see a quite of few top hunters missing with bows and rifles. Its hunting its bound to happen. Larry just shows you the real hunt hit or miss not the edited version.

Posted By: cody

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/26/10 05:57 PM

Originally Posted By: NDN98

rofl I think you may have just fingered the poacher.

If he comes back after that I'd wonder about his raising....just sayin'...

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/26/10 06:03 PM

I've been hunting for over 50+ years, and I missed a buck with a rifle once, and that was across a Canyon at over 300 yards at a moving target and should not have taken that shot, but I've learned a little since then when I was only about 15 years old at the time, and haven't missed since.

I'm also a bow hunter and I missed probably a half dozen over many years, but that's more of a fact of life for bow hunters, which most don't like to, and would rather not talk about, since it's never a given when trying to kill a live animal with stick and string.

When I've missed in the past I tried to find out why, and if it happened more than once which it did with the bow, I changed what I was doing trying to stop that trend, by either adjusting my confidence range or changing the equipment I was using.

Now I don't know if Larry is under contract and has to use that pistol when he hunts, but I think after the first miss I would be looking to find out why, and if I can't correct it, I would put it down and not pick it up again!

In my opinion he's not helping the sport showing him missing and it makes me wonder since we are seeing the clean misses, that what has been edited that we haven't seen?

But that is me, and why I respect the animals and the sport enough not to keep repeating it.

Posted By: cephus

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/26/10 09:07 PM

Quote:
But that is me, and why I respect the animals and the sport enough not to keep repeating it.

Well said...

Posted By: kennedy82mp

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/27/10 02:23 AM

I'm glad that you have never missed/wounded. But of the thousands and thousands that i have met through the years EVERYONE has either missed/wounded at least 1 deer.

Ladys and Gentlemen Here IS mr perfect
barf flush

Posted By: crease_flounder

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 08/27/10 11:49 PM

The episode where he shoots 5 times is on Vs. tonight.

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 09/02/10 02:23 AM

when you shoot and travel as much as he does things do happen to equipment

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 09/02/10 02:55 AM

Originally Posted By: kennedy82mp
when you shoot and travel as much as he does things do happen to equipment

good reason to shoot a group befor you get out and shoot at game...

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 09/02/10 03:16 AM

That is true, but there are logistical reason that may not happen on occasion. I'm not sticking up for anyone, but if you listen to the whole show he tells people that he just killed a buck the day before for another episode. He got in late because of a flight delay and the ranch owner ran him out to hunt, even though he wanted to check it.

Posted By: Bernard

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 09/04/10 05:32 PM

Getting back to the issue of Weishun buying the El Cazador, someone implied that Weishun's buying the ranch was the result of Gary Schwartz's legal problems. How so? Schwartz doesn't own the ranch, does he? Last night, I watched an episode of "the bucks of Tecomate" and David Morris was taking a Navy Seal hunting. Jeff Foxworthy told David Morris "there's no better place to take this young man hunting than on YOUR ranch, the El Cazador." So, it doesn't seem that this ranch going up for sale has anything to do with Schwartz's legal problems.

Posted By: Sidekick

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 09/08/10 02:20 AM

ElCazador was owned by David Morris It has been sold and it was NOT to Weishun.

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 09/08/10 02:28 AM

Originally Posted By: Sidekick
ElCazador was owned by David Morris It has been sold and it was NOT to Weishun.

so who bought it???

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 09/08/10 02:32 AM

]Word on the street is dead wrong!!!! I know for sure Its public knowledge at this point do your research!

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 09/08/10 02:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Sidekick
]Word on the street is dead wrong!!!! I know for sure Its public knowledge at this point do your research!

Did you sell the ranch or by it? Just wondering.

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 09/08/10 02:38 AM

Niether

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 09/08/10 02:39 AM

Well then if you know and it is public knowledge, educate all of us on this knowledge you have.

Posted By: nolanspawn

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 09/08/10 03:34 AM

Yes please bestow the knowledge on us.

Posted By: Tye

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 09/08/10 06:33 PM

I think Larry is going to be at the TBGA Region 3 banquet on September 18th in Abilene. I'll ask him if I get the chance.

Posted By: elliscountyhog

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 09/08/10 07:15 PM

Sidekick is back--- Hi Mr. Foxworthy

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 09/08/10 08:06 PM

Spoke to ole Larr himself, he bought it and wants all the bs to stop

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 09/08/10 11:20 PM

Ole Larr's a liar then. Check the tax rolls.

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 09/08/10 11:48 PM

popcorn

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 09/09/10 12:22 AM

Okay to sit and watch with you JCB? popcorn

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 09/09/10 12:24 AM

I will too. Anybody know any landmen working down there to speed this process up.

Posted By: westtex75

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 09/09/10 12:35 AM

popcorn

think I'll pull up a chair at this one too.

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 09/09/10 12:38 AM

Originally Posted By: westtex75
popcorn

think I'll pull up a chair at this one too.

popcorn All we need now is a firepit and plenty of adult beverages!

Posted By: Showshot12

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 09/09/10 12:39 AM

Actually for the folks who have not done their reserch, The ElCazador Ranch is now owned by a man named Roger L. Jarvis.

Posted By: westtex75

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 09/09/10 12:46 AM

hey showshot most of us could give a good rats behind as to who the owner is, much less take the time to "reserch" it. nice entrance to the forum......but hey welcome anyway.

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 09/09/10 12:51 AM

Welcome.

I now feel like I have wasted the last 15 minutes of my life trying to find the mls listing for the place.

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 09/09/10 01:18 AM

http://people.forbes.com/profile/roger-l-jarvis/56033

Wasn't he CEO of the King Ranch?

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 09/09/10 01:41 AM

Originally Posted By: Txduckman

dude, don't research it, it will just feed in more

Posted By: Shotgun Slim

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 09/15/10 02:30 AM

Read 16 pages and this is all the info you guys can give on the new owner. C'MON MAN!!!!

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 09/15/10 04:21 AM

Reading this post it brings me to think about why would anyone with such a fantastic dream ranch like the El Cazador ever want to even consider selling it?

I mean it's like a place you dream about and pinch yourself every day you wake up that you would own a place like that!

Goes to show you either get burned out, in financial trouble, or just get greedy and everything has a price!

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 09/15/10 11:13 AM

Originally Posted By: Jimbo
Reading this post it brings me to think about why would anyone with such a fantastic dream ranch like the El Cazador ever want to even consider selling it?

I mean it's like a place you dream about and pinch yourself every day you wake up that you would own a place like that!

Goes to show you either get burned out, in financial trouble, or just get greedy and everything has a price!

OR your neighbor is going to HF you in.. confused2

Posted By: Hoss 1962

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 10/15/10 01:12 PM

Maybe wanting to get a little further from the border?

Posted By: mandrake

Re: Mr. Whitetail buys El Cazador?! - 10/17/10 07:12 PM

some of the richest people in the world still steal breath mints.

© 2024 Texas Hunting Forum