Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: BUSHNELL TROPHY CAM [Re: Bear Creek] #1375873 04/19/10 01:40 AM
C
ccbaseball Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
how do you use that adapter you are referring to? would be awesome to use with my cuddebacks. please explain

Re: BUSHNELL TROPHY CAM [Re: StrosFan] #1377602 04/19/10 09:31 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted By: StrosFan
Well if you like the BTC which I like, Natchez has them on sale for $129 right now!!! I just ordered my second one. Pic's at night on my first one are a little dark, but I'm not going to be blowing any of them up and framing them, so not a problem for me. The ability to use AA batteries instead of D batt's is also a HUGE plus!!!

What, or where is Natchez????

High fence, low fence, no fence, it really doesn't matter as long as you're hunting!
Re: BUSHNELL TROPHY CAM [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #1377623 04/19/10 09:39 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R

Re: BUSHNELL TROPHY CAM [Re: rifleman] #1381022 04/21/10 11:55 AM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted By: rifleman

Muchas Grassy Azz! grin

High fence, low fence, no fence, it really doesn't matter as long as you're hunting!
Re: BUSHNELL TROPHY CAM [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #1381828 04/21/10 06:32 PM
T
TexasPI Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Another 2010 BTC (8mp) update:

Picked up the cards again last weekend. This is in the location where I had the BTC on the same tree as my Stealth I590. The Stealth had 412 pictures.....and the BTC only had 198. This time, I took the cards home and put one on my desktop pc and one on my laptop, side by side. I then went through both cards....one picture at a time, to see why the Stealth had more than double the pictures as the BTC. Neither camera had any completely blank pictures (false triggers). What I did realize, is that the Stealth had a lot of pictures of dove, crows, squirrels, coons, etc. The BTC, did not trigger at all on birds, squirrels, coons, etc. Taking into account only the pictures of either deer or hogs, the BTC took 198 pictures and the Stealth took 206 pictures. So, not as bad as I had originally thought. It was troubling though, to see the pictures that the BTC missed. Almost all were deer standing directly in front of the camera, within less than 15 feet. How it missed those, but at the same time would pick up deer 50 feet out, is beyond me. Picture quality is way better than the 5mp BTC cameras that I had to return. Night pictures still leave a lot to be desired, when compared to the white flash of the Stealth. Not necessarily a knock on the BTC, but more on the differences between white and ir flash cameras.

Re: BUSHNELL TROPHY CAM [Re: TexasPI] #1383218 04/22/10 01:03 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Great info Texaspi. Thanks for sharing

Re: BUSHNELL TROPHY CAM [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #1383316 04/22/10 01:53 PM
C
ccbaseball Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
I think i would rather have the camera that was really sensitive, even to small animals. dont u think guys? Because then you know it is getting everything that walks by or is within range

Re: BUSHNELL TROPHY CAM [Re: ccbaseball] #1383823 04/22/10 06:00 PM
T
TexasPI Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
I'm with you on wanting the more sensitive camera. It is really bugging me that there can be 2-3 large raccoons right in front of the camera, about 10 feet away, and the BTC won't trigger at all. Like I said above, the handfull of deer pictures that the BTC missed (that the Stealth picked up), were deer standing between 5 and 15 feet away, directly in front of the camera.

The Stealth I590 will pick up even a single redbird under the feeder with no problems. Sure, I have to go through a bunch of bird and squirrel pics everytime I pull the card, but I also get a lot of cool pics of bobcats, skunks, etc. that I am beginning to think that the BTC might miss. I wish I had more confidence in the Stealth products. The I590 takes the best pictures and is by far the best camera that I have owned (trigger, flash range, pic quality, etc) as long at keeps working. The problem is not knowing how long it will last, and knowing that Stealth won't do squat when it breaks.

Re: BUSHNELL TROPHY CAM [Re: TexasPI] #1383950 04/22/10 07:22 PM
C
ccbaseball Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
my uncle has an old stealth and damn its amazing. its one of the bigger tall ones(12 inches or so). I think its like some off color green. It takes just as good of pics as my cuddebacks and lasts forever with the 12v adapter cord. But now it seems like Stealths are 5 bad to every 1 good one. Not worth it.

Re: BUSHNELL TROPHY CAM [Re: ccbaseball] #1384259 04/22/10 10:46 PM
T
TexasPI Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
My first Stealth I590 worked great. One set of batteries lasted from November through February. Took incredible daytime pictures and the night pics were awesome. Claims to have a 90 foot flash......and it did every bit of that and then some. After 4 months+ on the batteries, I hooked up the external battery pack. Each week for about 5 weeks I would turn off the unit.....change sd cards....then turn the unit back on....no problems. The last time I did this, as I was walking away from the unit, I smelled smoke. I turned around and saw smoke pouring out of the camera. The camera was done. A little internet research and I realized that quite a few people had this same problem. With Stealth's amazing 90 day warranty.....there wasn't anything that I could do. Last September I got another I590. From day one, half of the pictures were blue and white streaks. Took it back and got another. This one, half the pictures were red and white streaks. Took it back and got the one that I have now. About 5 months with no problems so far. Good enough battery life not to take the chance on hooking it up to the external battery pack again. Just don't know how long it will last. Its a shame, because I can get almost 3 of the I590's for the price of 1 BTC.

Re: BUSHNELL TROPHY CAM [Re: TexasPI] #1385009 04/23/10 03:54 AM
C
ccbaseball Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
yes i just researched it and that is exactly what my uncle has, i will for sure be buying one of those ASAP. Where did you find them the cheapest?

Re: BUSHNELL TROPHY CAM [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #1464817 06/05/10 01:47 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
I
UPDATE 06--510

Went to the lease this past weekend after leaving it out for 8 weeks. It took right at 2,500 pictures on 8 AA batteries and lasted about 5 weeks. I'm a little disappointed because when we initially tested it at home with just 4AA batteries we got betweein 3,000 and 4,000 pictures and over 300 10 second vid clips. I can live with the amount of pictures it is taking but just thought it would do a little better, especially since it has warmed up so.

The picture quality during the day is good and night is decent. I feel like the IR could be a little stronger then it is. Overall, I really, really like this little camera though and if it will continue to perform for the next 5 months without problems, I will buy more.
[img:left][/img]

Re: BUSHNELL TROPHY CAM [Re: TexasPI] #1482829 06/16/10 02:43 PM
W
Woods Plumber Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
W
Originally Posted By: TexasPI
I'm with you on wanting the more sensitive camera. It is really bugging me that there can be 2-3 large raccoons right in front of the camera, about 10 feet away, and the BTC won't trigger at all. Like I said above, the handfull of deer pictures that the BTC missed (that the Stealth picked up), were deer standing between 5 and 15 feet away, directly in front of the camera.

The Stealth I590 will pick up even a single redbird under the feeder with no problems. Sure, I have to go through a bunch of bird and squirrel pics everytime I pull the card, but I also get a lot of cool pics of bobcats, skunks, etc. that I am beginning to think that the BTC might miss. I wish I had more confidence in the Stealth products. The I590 takes the best pictures and is by far the best camera that I have owned (trigger, flash range, pic quality, etc) as long at keeps working. The problem is not knowing how long it will last, and knowing that Stealth won't do squat when it breaks.

I too like my cams to get all critters and not miss but when you have a sd card full from a small branch or weed at 40ft that kept triggering the cam then you rethink the hyper sensitive idea.
Does anyone make a camera that wont trigger on moving branches??

Re: BUSHNELL TROPHY CAM [Re: Woods Plumber] #1482879 06/16/10 03:07 PM
I
ILUVBIGBUCKS Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
I
Originally Posted By: Woods Plumber

I too like my cams to get all critters and not miss but when you have a sd card full from a small branch or weed at 40ft that kept triggering the cam then you rethink the hyper sensitive idea.
Does anyone make a camera that wont trigger on moving branches??

I can honestly say that my cuddeback IR has never produced a picture without an animal of some type in it. Cuddeback without a doubt has the best triggering mechanism but that is about all I'll say good about that camera because it is a battery eating sonofagun!

Re: BUSHNELL TROPHY CAM [Re: ILUVBIGBUCKS] #1483691 06/16/10 10:00 PM
T
twinbubba Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
I just bought my second Bushnell TC and it has 3 different scecitivity settings. I left on the default setting and it picks up birds and everything else. By accident I left it set to take a picture every 10 sec. and it filled up a 2GB chip (1878 pictures) in 2 weeks. I set it to 1 min. delay between activations and will decide after I see the pictures next week if I want to change the sensitivity.

TB

Re: BUSHNELL TROPHY CAM [Re: twinbubba] #1496888 06/24/10 09:58 PM
Lone Ranger Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
I just purchased one of these and will be putting it up at the ranch this weekend. I will keep you posted as to picture and reliability quality. Hopefully it will work well.

Re: BUSHNELL TROPHY CAM [Re: Lone Ranger] #1497605 06/25/10 06:19 AM
C
ccbaseball Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
I bought a new one and set it up in the backyard last night. And the pic quality is real good. I hate IR cameras, but 35-40 feet out and the pics r good. Closer r even better and videos are above average also. Now its time to see what it does in the field. i am putting it out this weekend

Re: BUSHNELL TROPHY CAM [Re: ccbaseball] #1499182 06/26/10 06:06 AM
T
TexasPI Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
I've had my BTC (new model) for quite a while now and it's taken 7000-10000 pics so far. You can see my previous posts (in this thread) about some of the positives and negatives. Overall, I'm just not overly impressed. Terrible camera? No. But when compared to my Stealth I590 (that is likely to go out at any time), the BTC takes lesser quality pictures, fails to take a substantial amount of pictures of animals that are right in front of the camera, and takes really poor night shots. This model does a little better than the previous BTC model with night shots, but I just cannot make myself like IR for night shots when compared to white flash. Camera size is nice, battery life is great, but when placed with my I590 at the same location......the I590 blows away the BTC in performance (pic quality, sensitivity, night shots, etc.). At $200 for the BTC(compared to the $80 I spent on the I590), I just expect at least an equaled quality product. If I thought that the I590 wouldn't quite on me on any given day, I would stock up and be done!

Re: BUSHNELL TROPHY CAM [Re: TexasPI] #1501295 06/28/10 01:42 AM
C
ccbaseball Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
I just bought a BTC and am trying it out but figure it also might be not what I am looking for. There were hogs in front of it and I didnt get many pics. The detection width seems narrow. I am getting a i590 for sure, my uncles is amazing

Re: BUSHNELL TROPHY CAM [Re: ccbaseball] #1501405 06/28/10 02:19 AM
T
twinbubba Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
I just bought my second and last BTC. The first one I had to return after three months use because I was getting blacked out pictures at night and they sent me a new one that has been working fine for the last 8 months so I bought the new 8 MBP Bone Collector camera. First time it was out it took 1888 pictures in two weeks and filled up the chip. I said my bad I left it set on the default 1 sec. between pictures (is that stupid, 1 sec. default). Set it for 1 min. between shots and two weeks later 1827 pictures, batteries are dead and when I look at the pictures, white out so bad you can't even see the feeder in front of the camera. This one is going back this week and I will never buy another Bushnell camera which is a shame becaues I love their scopes. So for $200 I got a Bone Collector decal and a camo paper weight.

Re: BUSHNELL TROPHY CAM [Re: twinbubba] #1501560 06/28/10 03:26 AM
T
tomp Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
T
Got 2 2010 Camo models for Father's Day. Put them out on the lease on 6/23 and went back to check them this morning. One of them took very good daytime pics and had about 60 pics on it. The nightime pics were hard to see but I noticed I needed to center the camera better. I could see where the IR lights were pointing and it was off to the side of the feeder where the deer were standing. The IR LEDs do not appear to provide a wide range of light so it seems it is important to get the camera pointed just perfect

The other BTC cam had over four thousand pics and I was shocked. I changed the PIR sensitivity from default "Normal" setting to "High", thinking this was the problem. Came back a few minutes later and still had way too many pics. Tried several different things and could not get it to work. The strange thing was that it took all those pics in the daytime and functioned normally at night. I ended up moving it to the other tree where the working BTC was located to prove to myself that it was not the trees and branches causing it. The same problem occured in this "known good location" so I knew the camera was bad.

Took the bad one back to BPS on the way back home today. They didnt have anymore in stock so I had to return it and will try again another day.

Re: BUSHNELL TROPHY CAM [Re: tomp] #1503611 06/29/10 04:34 AM
T
TexasPI Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
ccbaseball -
Just a little warning about the I590. When it works, it is one of the best cameras that I have owned (and I have owned a lot). Really nice daytime pics, decent trigger speed, great battery life and awesome night pics (has 90 ft flash range vs. most others with 30-45 ft.). BUT.......across the board, Stealth has really dropped the ball in quality and customer service. They dropped their warranty to only 90 days...but I read somewhere that they recently bumped it back up to 1 year. Just read some of the discussions on chasing game or other forums about the short life span of most Stealths.

My first I590 worked blew me away for about 3 months. Then I hooked up the 12v external battery source.....worked fine for about 3 or 4 weeks. Each weekend I would turn the unit off, change cards and then turn back on. The last time, after turning back on, the whole unit starting pouring out smoke. I tried to disconnect the external battery source, but the wires were glowing red. Needless to say, camera was fried. I did a little research and found out that this had happened to a lot of people. Of course, Stealth offered no relief (outside of the 90 day warranty by a few weeks).

Since the camera worked so well on just the internal batteries, I decided to try another one, but just not ever use an external battery source. This one didn't make it past the first day. 3/4 of the pictures were a weird blue color (could barely make out any images through the blue color). Took it back for exchange. Next one made it almost a week working properly. Then all of the pictures were red! Again, so covered in red that you could barely make out any images in the pictures. Exchanged again. Current one has made it almost 6 months with no problems....knock on wood.

Just thought that I would give you a heads up about the I590. Great when it works......but for how long??????

Re: BUSHNELL TROPHY CAM [Re: TexasPI] #1503634 06/29/10 05:03 AM
C
ccbaseball Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
My uncles has been going strong for over a year with external battery source. Night time pics are amazing. I bet its back up to a year

Re: BUSHNELL TROPHY CAM [Re: ccbaseball] #1504292 06/29/10 05:29 PM
T
TexasPI Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Glad to hear that your uncle's has lasted that long. If you get a good one, they are impressive. For those of us who prefer a white flash over ir, the 90ft range flash does wonders.

Re: BUSHNELL TROPHY CAM [Re: TexasPI] #1505671 06/30/10 04:51 AM
C
ccbaseball Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
yes the pics are amazing, stealth now has a 1 year warranty again ON ALL CAMERAS OLD AND NEW!!!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide