N
NORML as can be Online Content OP
^^Cut the Cord^^
OP Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N
Stocks took a nice "Hit" too.

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/dea...-directed-health-agencys-recommendation/

The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) has made a historic decision—agreeing with the top federal health agency and moving marijuana from Schedule I to Schedule III under the Controlled Substances Act (CSA).

The decision comes more than 50 years after cannabis was first listed as a strictly prohibited drug, on par with heroin and defined as a substance with no known medical value and a significant abuse potential.

Moving marijuana to Schedule III, as recommended by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), also carries major implications for state-legal cannabis businesses. When it’s implemented, it will mean that marijuana firms can officially take federal tax deductions that they’ve been barred from under an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) code known as 280E.

The proposed rescheduling determination, first reported by the Associated Press, will also free up research barriers that are currently imposed on scientists who wish to study Schedule I substances.

The next step in the rescheduling process is for the White House Office of Management and Budget (OMB), to review the rule. If approved, it would go to public comment before potentially being finalized. cool2

(R-TX) .-- " TCNN CURL CRLB VFF VRNO AYR SNDL CGC TLRY MSOS "

_=====___=________==-

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9040735 04/30/24 05:45 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Sure is nice to have a government that tells us what we can and can’t do. Takes the burden away of deciding for ourselves.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9040736 04/30/24 05:46 PM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N
Democrats and weed go hand in hand.

DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law In Historic Move Following Biden-Directed Health Agency’s Recommendation

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: ntxtrapper] #9040738 04/30/24 05:47 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper

DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law In Historic Move Following Biden-Directed Health Agency’s Recommendation

I guess you haven't been to Oklahoma? Not exactly a bastion for democrats. Plenty of republicans smoke too.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: bigbob_ftw] #9040751 04/30/24 06:00 PM
O
OTL91 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
O
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw

I guess you haven't been to Oklahoma? Not exactly a bastion for democrats. Plenty of republicans smoke too.

The republicans went from being a party of less taxation and overall less government intervention to one that forces social issues and turns religious beliefs into laws. There is a reason Texas will go blue eventually and not just because of all the people coming from California.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: OTL91] #9040757 04/30/24 06:06 PM
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by OTL91

The republicans went from being a party of less taxation and overall less government intervention to one that forces social issues and turns religious beliefs into laws. There is a reason Texas will go blue eventually and not just because of all the people coming from California.

to me that's the old party. It's now the working mans party and if the rino's get pushed out the tea party people should be the norm. think more libertarian. 2cents

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: bigbob_ftw] #9040768 04/30/24 06:26 PM
O
OTL91 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
O

to me that's the old party. It's now the working mans party and if the rino's get pushed out the tea party people should be the norm. think more libertarian. 2cents

I hope so. But until those old hard-liners are gone... it is not going to happen.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: bigbob_ftw] #9040772 04/30/24 06:38 PM
N
ntxtrapper Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
N

Learning opportunity:

“Even With Republican Support For Marijuana Legalization At Record High, Partisan Gap Persists As More Democrats Embrace Reform”

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/rep...e-democrats-embrace-reform-gallup-finds/

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9040773 04/30/24 06:40 PM
G
Gringo Bling Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
G

I hope so. But until those old hard-liners are gone... it is not going to happen.

Need guys like Abbott, Cruz, and Paxton gone and replaced with Republicans that won't alienate 90% of the state's population.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9040809 04/30/24 08:05 PM
R
rolyat.nosaj Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
R
Schedule 1 drugs are drugs "with no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse."

Seems to me alcohol is a much more appropriate Schedule 1 drug than cannabis.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9041151 05/01/24 02:49 PM
Nolanco Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
I don't have a dog in this fight, as I last messed with that stuff in college during the Nixon administration. That said, current federal policy is clearly irrational, scientifically insupportable and ridiculous. They better not start messing with my beer, though! cheers

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: bigbob_ftw] #9041190 05/01/24 04:13 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

And they hate the law!!!!! drove up land prices and promoted alot of criminal issues

Bottom line, never trust a man whose uncle was eaten by cannibals.-Sen Joni Ernst
Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: rolyat.nosaj] #9041192 05/01/24 04:14 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by rolyat.nosaj
Schedule 1 drugs are drugs "with no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse."

they both should be class one

Bottom line, never trust a man whose uncle was eaten by cannibals.-Sen Joni Ernst
Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: BOBO the Clown] #9041197 05/01/24 04:22 PM
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

I agree with you on many things, this isn't one of them. all you get for banning something is crime. Liquor gave us the mob and pot gave us the cartels.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9041209 05/01/24 04:52 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
What you talking ‘bout, Bob? The drug wars have been super effective!

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Sneaky] #9041210 05/01/24 04:53 PM
P
Paluxy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by Sneaky
Sure is nice to have a government that tells us what we can and can’t do. Takes the burden away of deciding for ourselves.

Works best when bureaucrats determine law instead of elected representatives.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: bigbob_ftw] #9041223 05/01/24 05:09 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

I agree with you on many things, this isn't one of them. all you get for banning something is crime. Liquor gave us the mob and pot gave us the cartels.

and the legalization gave us rehab centers across the country and road related death of 1.5 people on the hour every hour 365 days a year, dependancies and failing demographic areas(crime vs liquor store locations is interesting data)

I’m the most anti big government person out there, but as long as we have politicians getting pockets lined they are going to pick and choose industries funded vices, via back pocket cash, all will are doing are just picking the addictions, So lets just cut them all.

What is alcohol good for? Increasing stress hormones like Cortisol after you stop using it? It help you make better rational thought processes? Cleaning out your liver and better health? Fixing people problems? Make you better at your job? Make you better at parenting, Make you a better role model for your kids and people circle?

Hard argument for legalization of any recreational drug out side of personal freedom, which with the use usually impedes on the freedoms of non users(taxes, or direct harm, etc)

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Nolanco] #9041239 05/01/24 05:53 PM
U
unclebubba Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
U
Originally Posted by Nolanco
current federal policy is clearly irrational, scientifically insupportable and ridiculous.

That can be said about a lot of federal policies.

http://www.boatloan.com/michael-hunt/

current federal policy is clearly irrational, scientifically insupportable and ridiculous.
Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: unclebubba] #9041240 05/01/24 05:56 PM
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by unclebubba

That can be said about a lot of most federal policies.

FIFY

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: bigbob_ftw] #9041249 05/01/24 06:14 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
Originally Posted by unclebubba

That can be said about a lot of most all federal policies.

FIFY

FIFY

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: BOBO the Clown] #9041261 05/01/24 06:37 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

and the legalization gave us rehab centers across the country and road related death of 1.5 people on the hour every hour 365 days a year, dependancies and failing demographic areas(crime vs liquor store locations is interesting data)

I’m the most anti big government person out there, but as long as we have politicians getting pockets lined they are going to pick and choose industries funded vices, via back pocket cash, all will are doing are just picking the addictions, So lets just cut them all.

What is alcohol good for? Increasing stress hormones like Cortisol after you stop using it? It help you make better rational thought processes? Cleaning out your liver and better health? Fixing people problems? Make you better at your job? Make you better at parenting, Make you a better role model for your kids and people circle?

Hard argument for legalization of any recreational drug out side of personal freedom, which with the use usually impedes on the freedoms of non users(taxes, or direct harm, etc)

Freedom, so long is it doesn’t negatively affect others’ freedoms, is all the reason I need.

How does drinking or smoking affect other people’s liberties?

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9041287 05/01/24 07:22 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Because pot smokers will consume around others who don't want to inhale their crap, I don't want your pot smoke and I sure don't want my grandkids around it.

Last edited by Concho; 05/01/24 07:22 PM.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Concho] #9041289 05/01/24 07:30 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Concho
Because pot smokers will consume around others who don't want to inhale their crap, I don't want your pot smoke and I sure don't want my grandkids around it.

So make THAT illegal. Making weed illegal because you don’t want to be around it makes no sense. Someone smoking it in their home doesn’t affect you.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Sneaky] #9041299 05/01/24 07:45 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by Sneaky
Originally Posted by Concho

So make THAT illegal. Making weed illegal because you don’t want to be around it makes no sense. Someone smoking it in their home doesn’t affect you.

I could live with laws that dictate where and who you could smoke around, some smokers would disobey the laws like they do now, but at least they could be prosecuted, actually there are already laws to protect children...truth is that if pot smokers only smoked at home, most of them would ever get caught. You probably see the issue differently than I do because you are a responsible adult but believe me over 45 years of dealing with pot smokers, I have encountered some real dummies.

Last edited by Concho; 05/01/24 07:48 PM.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9041304 05/01/24 07:54 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Of course. And making weed illegal doesn’t stop them either. It only infringes upon the rights of law abiding citizens. Dumb people don’t care what the law is.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide