N
NORML as can be Online Content OP
^^Cut the Cord^^
OP Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N
Stocks took a nice "Hit" too.

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/dea...-directed-health-agencys-recommendation/

The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) has made a historic decision—agreeing with the top federal health agency and moving marijuana from Schedule I to Schedule III under the Controlled Substances Act (CSA).

The decision comes more than 50 years after cannabis was first listed as a strictly prohibited drug, on par with heroin and defined as a substance with no known medical value and a significant abuse potential.

Moving marijuana to Schedule III, as recommended by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), also carries major implications for state-legal cannabis businesses. When it’s implemented, it will mean that marijuana firms can officially take federal tax deductions that they’ve been barred from under an Internal Revenue Service (IRS) code known as 280E.

The proposed rescheduling determination, first reported by the Associated Press, will also free up research barriers that are currently imposed on scientists who wish to study Schedule I substances.

The next step in the rescheduling process is for the White House Office of Management and Budget (OMB), to review the rule. If approved, it would go to public comment before potentially being finalized. cool2

(R-TX) .-- " TCNN CURL CRLB VFF VRNO AYR SNDL CGC TLRY MSOS "

_=====___=________==-

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9040735 04/30/24 05:45 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Sure is nice to have a government that tells us what we can and can’t do. Takes the burden away of deciding for ourselves.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9040736 04/30/24 05:46 PM
N
ntxtrapper Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Democrats and weed go hand in hand.

DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law In Historic Move Following Biden-Directed Health Agency’s Recommendation

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: ntxtrapper] #9040738 04/30/24 05:47 PM
bigbob_ftw Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by ntxtrapper

DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law In Historic Move Following Biden-Directed Health Agency’s Recommendation

I guess you haven't been to Oklahoma? Not exactly a bastion for democrats. Plenty of republicans smoke too.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: bigbob_ftw] #9040751 04/30/24 06:00 PM
O
OTL91 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
O
Originally Posted by bigbob_ftw

I guess you haven't been to Oklahoma? Not exactly a bastion for democrats. Plenty of republicans smoke too.

The republicans went from being a party of less taxation and overall less government intervention to one that forces social issues and turns religious beliefs into laws. There is a reason Texas will go blue eventually and not just because of all the people coming from California.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: OTL91] #9040757 04/30/24 06:06 PM
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by OTL91

The republicans went from being a party of less taxation and overall less government intervention to one that forces social issues and turns religious beliefs into laws. There is a reason Texas will go blue eventually and not just because of all the people coming from California.

to me that's the old party. It's now the working mans party and if the rino's get pushed out the tea party people should be the norm. think more libertarian. 2cents

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: bigbob_ftw] #9040768 04/30/24 06:26 PM
O
OTL91 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
O

to me that's the old party. It's now the working mans party and if the rino's get pushed out the tea party people should be the norm. think more libertarian. 2cents

I hope so. But until those old hard-liners are gone... it is not going to happen.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: bigbob_ftw] #9040772 04/30/24 06:38 PM
N
ntxtrapper Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N

Learning opportunity:

“Even With Republican Support For Marijuana Legalization At Record High, Partisan Gap Persists As More Democrats Embrace Reform”

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/rep...e-democrats-embrace-reform-gallup-finds/

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9040773 04/30/24 06:40 PM
G
Gringo Bling Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
G

I hope so. But until those old hard-liners are gone... it is not going to happen.

Need guys like Abbott, Cruz, and Paxton gone and replaced with Republicans that won't alienate 90% of the state's population.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9040809 04/30/24 08:05 PM
R
rolyat.nosaj Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
R
Schedule 1 drugs are drugs "with no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse."

Seems to me alcohol is a much more appropriate Schedule 1 drug than cannabis.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9041151 05/01/24 02:49 PM
Nolanco Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
I don't have a dog in this fight, as I last messed with that stuff in college during the Nixon administration. That said, current federal policy is clearly irrational, scientifically insupportable and ridiculous. They better not start messing with my beer, though! cheers

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: bigbob_ftw] #9041190 05/01/24 04:13 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

And they hate the law!!!!! drove up land prices and promoted alot of criminal issues

Bottom line, never trust a man whose uncle was eaten by cannibals.-Sen Joni Ernst
Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: rolyat.nosaj] #9041192 05/01/24 04:14 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by rolyat.nosaj
Schedule 1 drugs are drugs "with no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse."

they both should be class one

Bottom line, never trust a man whose uncle was eaten by cannibals.-Sen Joni Ernst
Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: BOBO the Clown] #9041197 05/01/24 04:22 PM
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

I agree with you on many things, this isn't one of them. all you get for banning something is crime. Liquor gave us the mob and pot gave us the cartels.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9041209 05/01/24 04:52 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
What you talking ‘bout, Bob? The drug wars have been super effective!

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Sneaky] #9041210 05/01/24 04:53 PM
P
Paluxy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by Sneaky
Sure is nice to have a government that tells us what we can and can’t do. Takes the burden away of deciding for ourselves.

Works best when bureaucrats determine law instead of elected representatives.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: bigbob_ftw] #9041223 05/01/24 05:09 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

I agree with you on many things, this isn't one of them. all you get for banning something is crime. Liquor gave us the mob and pot gave us the cartels.

and the legalization gave us rehab centers across the country and road related death of 1.5 people on the hour every hour 365 days a year, dependancies and failing demographic areas(crime vs liquor store locations is interesting data)

I’m the most anti big government person out there, but as long as we have politicians getting pockets lined they are going to pick and choose industries funded vices, via back pocket cash, all will are doing are just picking the addictions, So lets just cut them all.

What is alcohol good for? Increasing stress hormones like Cortisol after you stop using it? It help you make better rational thought processes? Cleaning out your liver and better health? Fixing people problems? Make you better at your job? Make you better at parenting, Make you a better role model for your kids and people circle?

Hard argument for legalization of any recreational drug out side of personal freedom, which with the use usually impedes on the freedoms of non users(taxes, or direct harm, etc)

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Nolanco] #9041239 05/01/24 05:53 PM
U
unclebubba Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
U
Originally Posted by Nolanco
current federal policy is clearly irrational, scientifically insupportable and ridiculous.

That can be said about a lot of federal policies.

http://www.boatloan.com/michael-hunt/

current federal policy is clearly irrational, scientifically insupportable and ridiculous.
Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: unclebubba] #9041240 05/01/24 05:56 PM
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by unclebubba

That can be said about a lot of most federal policies.

FIFY

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: bigbob_ftw] #9041249 05/01/24 06:14 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
Originally Posted by unclebubba

That can be said about a lot of most all federal policies.

FIFY

FIFY

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: BOBO the Clown] #9041261 05/01/24 06:37 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

and the legalization gave us rehab centers across the country and road related death of 1.5 people on the hour every hour 365 days a year, dependancies and failing demographic areas(crime vs liquor store locations is interesting data)

I’m the most anti big government person out there, but as long as we have politicians getting pockets lined they are going to pick and choose industries funded vices, via back pocket cash, all will are doing are just picking the addictions, So lets just cut them all.

What is alcohol good for? Increasing stress hormones like Cortisol after you stop using it? It help you make better rational thought processes? Cleaning out your liver and better health? Fixing people problems? Make you better at your job? Make you better at parenting, Make you a better role model for your kids and people circle?

Hard argument for legalization of any recreational drug out side of personal freedom, which with the use usually impedes on the freedoms of non users(taxes, or direct harm, etc)

Freedom, so long is it doesn’t negatively affect others’ freedoms, is all the reason I need.

How does drinking or smoking affect other people’s liberties?

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9041287 05/01/24 07:22 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Because pot smokers will consume around others who don't want to inhale their crap, I don't want your pot smoke and I sure don't want my grandkids around it.

Last edited by Concho; 05/01/24 07:22 PM.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Concho] #9041289 05/01/24 07:30 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Concho
Because pot smokers will consume around others who don't want to inhale their crap, I don't want your pot smoke and I sure don't want my grandkids around it.

So make THAT illegal. Making weed illegal because you don’t want to be around it makes no sense. Someone smoking it in their home doesn’t affect you.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Sneaky] #9041299 05/01/24 07:45 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C

So make THAT illegal. Making weed illegal because you don’t want to be around it makes no sense. Someone smoking it in their home doesn’t affect you.

I could live with laws that dictate where and who you could smoke around, some smokers would disobey the laws like they do now, but at least they could be prosecuted, actually there are already laws to protect children...truth is that if pot smokers only smoked at home, most of them would ever get caught. You probably see the issue differently than I do because you are a responsible adult but believe me over 45 years of dealing with pot smokers, I have encountered some real dummies.

Last edited by Concho; 05/01/24 07:48 PM.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9041304 05/01/24 07:54 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Of course. And making weed illegal doesn’t stop them either. It only infringes upon the rights of law abiding citizens. Dumb people don’t care what the law is.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Concho] #9041305 05/01/24 07:55 PM
N
^^Cut the Cord^^
OP Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N

I could live with laws that dictate where and who you could smoke around, some smokers would disobey the laws like they do now, but at least they could be prosecuted, actually there are already laws to protect children...truth is that if pot smokers only smoked at home, most of them would ever get caught. You probably see the issue differently than I do because you are a responsible adult but believe me over 45 years of dealing with pot smokers, I have encountered some real dummies.

Yeah, we're not good at Making life altering decisions.........

_=====___=________==-

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Sneaky] #9041317 05/01/24 08:28 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

Freedom, so long is it doesn’t negatively affect others’ freedoms, is all the reason I need.

How does drinking or smoking affect other people’s liberties?

ask ever first responder thats ever had to pull a family and kids out of a car that was killed by drunk driver, 1.5 people die ever hour on the hour 365 days a year, via dui’s. We all hate welfare and think it's BS, what about the billions spent in health care for alcohol abuse

alcohol is just like weed, sure its fine while in your home and not bothering anyone else or not beating wife or kids, or driving or running up healthcare tax bills due to liver and dependency issues but the reality is the later

Like I said I'm all for less government and individual liberties but reality is they do greatly affect individuals liberties and not in a good way.

Weed probably has more use then alcohol, But alcohol use has never made someone a better, higher functioning human

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9041326 05/01/24 08:40 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
You’re talking about drinking and driving. It’s already illegal. Laws don’t stop it. More laws won’t, either.

I asked about drinking and smoking. I didn’t ask about driving.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Sneaky] #9041330 05/01/24 08:45 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
You’re talking about drinking and driving. It’s already illegal. Laws don’t stop it. More laws won’t, either.

so we dont pay any extra taxes or premiums due to alcohol abuse?

Who is a better person because of Alcohol?

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: BOBO the Clown] #9041336 05/01/24 08:59 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H

[Linked Image]

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9041339 05/01/24 09:01 PM
T
Texas buckeye Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Its a funny thing. Any type of vice known to man is "excused" under the guise of:

What I do in my own home is none of anyone else's business.

That is the biggest load of satanic deceit out there. It all affects someone else in some fashion or another.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: OTL91] #9041350 05/01/24 09:24 PM
D
ducknbass Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
D

“This constitution is for a moral and religious people, It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.“ John Adams

This idea of using morality to legislate is as old as time. Sorry ya hippie go back to Seattle or wherever you came from.

Last edited by ducknbass; 05/01/24 09:25 PM.
Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Texas buckeye] #9041355 05/01/24 09:42 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Originally Posted by Texas buckeye
Its a funny thing. Any type of vice known to man is "excused" under the guise of:

That is the biggest load of satanic deceit out there. It all affects someone else in some fashion or another.

So who exactly is it going to effect this evening when I have a beer in my back yard after I mow the yard? Also, who is it going to effect when I take a gummy about an hour before bed to help me fall asleep and stay asleep?

You painted everyone with a very broad brush.

[Linked Image]

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Hudbone] #9041356 05/01/24 09:43 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by Hudbone

[Linked Image]

lol

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: KRoyal] #9041359 05/01/24 09:47 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by KRoyal

So who exactly is it going to effect this evening when I have a beer in my back yard after I mow the yard? Also, who is it going to effect when I take a gummy about an hour before bed to help me fall asleep and stay asleep?

2010 Alcohol abuse cost US citizens almost 300 billion. Now divide that out by US population….

Point isnt you or me, its the equivalent of the abusers

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9041363 05/01/24 09:51 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I ride with Sneaky.

25 years of responding to 9-1-1 calls. Seen plenty of drunks wreck very badly. Had plenty of drunks fight with us on scene and in the back of the ambulance. Saved a bunch of morons from opioid overdoses in their homes. Not ever one time have I seen someone high on marijuana give us any trouble.

Anyone that wants to save lives from automobile deaths needs to male cell phones disabled while they are traveling above a certain speed. That would make a thousand times more difference than worrying about alcohol or marijuana.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: BOBO the Clown] #9041364 05/01/24 09:52 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend

2010 Alcohol abuse cost US citizens almost 300 billion. Now divide that out by US population….

No, I totally get what you're saying Bobo. Some people just can't handle it and and are a burden on others and society. I can't handle liquor, which is why I haven't touched the stuff in a long time, I stick with beer.

But like Sneaky said, there are already laws against DUI more laws isn't going to change that. Just like more gun control laws isn't going to change the fact criminals don't care.

I was specifically asking TB who I was going to affect by having a beer in my back yard this evening or me taking a gummy to help fall asleep and stay asleep. He said, if I say it's no one's business what I do in my own home I'm somehow being satanically deceitful. I was just wondering how or who I'd be affecting by doing that.

[Linked Image]

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: BOBO the Clown] #9041365 05/01/24 09:53 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

We pay extra taxes because of politicians.

Nobody. Do you trust the government to make us better people?

These are pretty weak arguments against letting people make their own choices.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Texas buckeye] #9041366 05/01/24 09:56 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

Dang right. Let’s make everything you think is morally wrong illegal. I’m not fit to make my own choices. I need a morally superior person to do it for me. You certainly fit that bill. TB for king!

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: J.G.] #9041367 05/01/24 09:57 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Originally Posted by J.G.

Anyone that wants to save lives from automobile deaths needs to male cell phones disabled while they are traveling above a certain speed.

That ain't no joke. Probably 7 out of 10 people I pass on the highway are on their damn phones. Drives me crazy.

[Linked Image]

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9041369 05/01/24 10:02 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by NORML as can be

Yeah, we're not good at Making life altering decisions.........

I made my decision using the best medical advice I could get at the time; I usually don't go to the Internet for medical advice...guess I will pay the consequences of my choice, at least here on the THF, as will any pot smokers who get caught.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: KRoyal] #9041397 05/01/24 11:11 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

No, I totally get what you're saying Bobo. Some people just can't handle it and and are a burden on others and society. I can't handle liquor, which is why I haven't touched the stuff in a long time, I stick with beer.

But like Sneaky said, there are already laws against DUI more laws isn't going to change that. Just like more gun control laws isn't going to change the fact criminals don't care.

I was specifically asking TB who I was going to affect by having a beer in my back yard this evening or me taking a gummy to help fall asleep and stay asleep. He said, if I say it's no one's business what I do in my own home I'm somehow being satanically deceitful. I was just wondering how or who I'd be affecting by doing that.

Im by no means a saint and love a good whisky way too much. Whiskey has never made me a better friend, father, husband, employee or productive member of a community.

recreational drugs have no other purpose then to alter ones reality. I dont even think Opioids should even be dispersed outside of immediate doctor supervision (example in hospital or hospice.)

I would give up some liberties if it helped just one of my friends become a better person, father, mother , etc. Alcoholism is way too prevalent to dismiss it as a small bi-product of personal liberties.

Do I care if my friends drink or smoke, no. My wife drinks. I just would never say that it doesnt intrude on to others liberties. If it went to vote, I would vote against is availability.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: KRoyal] #9041399 05/01/24 11:13 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

Anyone that wants to save lives from automobile deaths needs to male cell phones disabled while they are traveling above a certain speed.

That ain't no joke. Probably 7 out of 10 people I pass on the highway are on their damn phones. Drives me crazy.

Id vote for this too!! grin

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9041403 05/01/24 11:19 PM
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Ben Franklin

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9041406 05/01/24 11:25 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Hope this didn’t affect anyone in a negative way rofl

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Sneaky] #9041407 05/01/24 11:25 PM
G
Gringo Bling Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
G

Satanic deceit... rolleyes Wow, some folks on this forum sure do think of themselves as the morality police. F no, it's not Holier than Thou Buckeye's business what someone does inside their own home. If someone wants to get high, get drunk, watch porn, gamble on sports, listen to death metal, and do weird sh!t, it's not up to Texas Buckeye to determine whether they should be able to or not.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: bigbob_ftw] #9041409 05/01/24 11:27 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Ben Franklin

He also said, “being drunk, a very unfortunate vice”

were do you draw the line? Meth, herion, crack, cocain, opiods?

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9041412 05/01/24 11:28 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Bobo, I can see where you’re coming from but I’m not giving up any of my liberties just because others can’t control themselves.

Maybe have an alcoholic license and if you’ve ever had a DUI you’re not allowed to buy it. Would just create a black market for alcohol same as prohibition though. Alcoholics will still find a way same as drug addicts.

[Linked Image]

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: KRoyal] #9041425 05/01/24 11:48 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Bobo, I can see where you’re coming from but I’m not giving up any of my liberties just because others can’t control themselves.

Maybe have an alcoholic license and if you’ve ever had a DUI you’re not allowed to buy it. Would just create a black market for alcohol same as prohibition though. Alcoholics will still find a way same as drug addicts.

I think there is a better argument to over/regulate or ban alcohol than THC, but to be consistent in my argument, Id vote straight across on all drugs.

The liberties argument conveniently leaves out meth, opioids, heroin etc.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9041445 05/02/24 12:34 AM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I made my decision using the best medical advice I could get at the time; I usually don't go to the Internet for medical advice...guess I will pay the consequences of my choice, at least here on the THF, as will any pot smokers who get caught.

Freaking two faced, indecisive sumb***h!

You faught all of us telling you not to take the shots, and took this ^^^same stance as above.

Then you got very sick from it.

Then you said you didn't know the Paramedics weren't getting the shots, and you wish you would have known. Well you did know, but "usually don't go to the internet for medical advice". Then you later whine on the internet that you were lied to by "medical professionals".

You are a walking piece of trash. Don't stand up here and lecture people about marijuana smoking in their own homes.
It's healthier than those shots you so wisely accepted.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9041450 05/02/24 12:46 AM
R
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
R
They are both dangerous and only a certain type of person can use either of them without abuse. That's a question you have to ask yourself. Alcohol has been horrible for me but I don't judge those who abuse alcohol but I see the abuse when it's happening in front of me. I try to stay away from those people. I'm not a social cannabis user, I use it when it feels appropriate on my property, alone. I think it's an individual choice with individual consequences.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: J.G.] #9041451 05/02/24 12:46 AM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C

You faught all of us telling you not to take the shots, and took this ^^^same stance as above.

Then you said you didn't know the Paramedics weren't getting the shots, and you wish you would have known. Well you did know, but "usually don't go to the internet for medical advice". Then you later whine on the internet that you were lied to by "medical professionals".

You are a walking piece of trash. Don't stand up here and lecture people about marijuana smoking in their own homes.

My, my what a little boy we are tonight, mamma scold you or something? You are a childish know-it-all.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: BOBO the Clown] #9041452 05/02/24 12:50 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

I think there is a better argument to over/regulate or ban alcohol than THC, but to be consistent in my argument, Id vote straight across on all drugs.

My liberties argument doesn’t. I’m perfectly fine with any adult smoking meth, popping pills, shooting up with heroin, you name it. You seem to confuse what’s good with what’s lawful. They are not always the same. I will gladly support someone’s freedom to smoke meth in order to keep my freedoms. I do NOT need or want the government telling me what I can and can’t do. Period. If you let them tell you that you can’t smoke weed, then you give them leeway to strip you of any freedom they deem necessary. This isn’t complicated stuff. Bob posted Ben Franklin’s quote about freedom and security. I guess few people understand what that means or how valuable it is, anymore. People just want what suits them, at that moment. Screw freedom. Screw Constitutional rights. If it suits me, that’s just fine. I don’t care what the consequences are. I just want what I want. I can’t imagine why that’s a bad thing or how it might have brought us to our current situation.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9041453 05/02/24 12:53 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
By the way, sometimes freedom is scary. If it frightens you, I can only recommend you take a look at any communist country for a dose of perspective. There are worse things than people doing what they want.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Sneaky] #9041454 05/02/24 12:56 AM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
By the way, sometimes freedom is scary. If it frightens you, I can only recommend you take a look at any communist country for a dose of perspective. There are worse things than people doing what they want.

There is nothing in the US Constitution that grants you the right to do anything you please and disregard laws and social norms.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Concho] #9041457 05/02/24 12:58 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

There is nothing in the US Constitution that grants you the right to do anything you please and disregard laws and social norms.

No [censored].

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Sneaky] #9041474 05/02/24 01:25 AM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

My liberties argument doesn’t. I’m perfectly fine with any adult smoking meth, popping pills, shooting up with heroin, you name it. You seem to confuse what’s good with what’s lawful. They are not always the same. I will gladly support someone’s freedom to smoke meth in order to keep my freedoms. I do NOT need or want the government telling me what I can and can’t do. Period. If you let them tell you that you can’t smoke weed, then you give them leeway to strip you of any freedom they deem necessary. This isn’t complicated stuff. Bob posted Ben Franklin’s quote about freedom and security. I guess few people understand what that means or how valuable it is, anymore. People just want what suits them, at that moment. Screw freedom. Screw Constitutional rights. If it suits me, that’s just fine. I don’t care what the consequences are. I just want what I want. I can’t imagine why that’s a bad thing or how it might have brought us to our current situation.

I fully and unequivocally respect your stance. You are consistent.

Like I said Im very much anti big government, but I dont base my thoughts of this as being uniquely American, I simply think society would benefit from less or to be absent of all recreational drugs such as opioids, anti depressants, alcohol etc Im not out protesting or Excommunicado’ing my friends or wife. Just a simple I would vote against their legality if offered, and i would respect the vote as it stands, like I do now

We wouldnt have laws if there wasnt Constitution and we wouldnt have a Constitution if there wasnt a SCOTUS over seeing the constitutional protections to or against those laws. Elicit drug use isn't a constitutional protection.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: J.G.] #9041475 05/02/24 01:31 AM
N
^^Cut the Cord^^
OP Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N

A Quote that will live in Infamy.

_=====___=________==-

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Concho] #9041479 05/02/24 01:38 AM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

My, my what a little boy we are tonight, mamma scold you or something? You are a childish know-it-all.

JG- In concho’s defense he fully disclosed and openly admitted that his approach and thoughts On the Shot were wrong back in like 2022 or 2023. You just missed it. roflmao

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9041480 05/02/24 01:40 AM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Jason didn’t miss that on either. I was in that thread LOL!

[Linked Image]

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: KRoyal] #9041484 05/02/24 01:45 AM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

Lol, Ya I was just thinking he was in that thread too, roflmao

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: KRoyal] #9041485 05/02/24 01:45 AM
Bee'z Online Happy
The Beedazzler
Online Happy
The Beedazzler

Think I was too and had technical difficulties soon after for a couple weeks...

[Linked Image]
Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: BOBO the Clown] #9041487 05/02/24 01:46 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

I fully and unequivocally respect your stance. You are consistent.

Like I said Im very much anti big government, but I dont base my thoughts of this as being uniquely American, I simply think society would benefit from less or to be absent of all recreational drugs such as opioids, anti depressants, alcohol etc Im not out protesting or Excommunicado’ing my friends or wife. Just a simple I would vote against their legality if offered, and i would respect the vote as it stands, like I do now

We wouldnt have laws if there wasnt Constitution and we wouldnt have a Constitution if there wasnt a SCOTUS over seeing the constitutional protections to or against those laws. Elicit drug use isn't a constitutional protection.

Society would benefit from it. I agree. But who gets to decide what is morally acceptable and what isn’t? I don’t trust anyone to make that decision for me, therefore, I’m willing to let everyone else make that decision for themselves. A lot of people in power think that guns are immoral. Where is that line drawn?

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9041501 05/02/24 02:24 AM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

Society would benefit from it. I agree. But who gets to decide what is morally acceptable and what isn’t? I don’t trust anyone to make that decision for me, therefore, I’m willing to let everyone else make that decision for themselves. A lot of people in power think that guns are immoral. Where is that line drawn?

thats a very good argument.

gun not so much, as soon as the “other ” society invades for your resources, as they always do, its out the window. But first part is a valid and well thought concern. cheers

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: BOBO the Clown] #9041505 05/02/24 02:31 AM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

JG- In concho’s defense he fully disclosed and openly admitted that his approach and thoughts On the Shot were wrong back in like 2022 or 2023. You just missed it. roflmao

I didn't miss any of the grand standing sumbish, then sick, then groveling and whining that he "didn't know", then taking his original position again grand standing.

F him.

Shocked he was ever a detective, since it's impossible for him to get a clue.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Concho] #9041506 05/02/24 02:32 AM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

Call me names all you want.

See how this plays out for you.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9041509 05/02/24 02:40 AM
N
ntxtrapper Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Seeing as how nobody has the ability to reach through the internet and punch someone, back to the actual topic. The rescheduling doesn’t really do anything from a criminal justice standpoint. It does make it easier for clinical trials to take place through. Schedule I can’t be administered but schedule III can. The results will be interesting.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: ntxtrapper] #9041510 05/02/24 02:43 AM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Seeing as how nobody has the ability to reach through the internet and punch someone, back to the actual topic. The rescheduling doesn’t really do anything from a criminal justice standpoint. It does make it easier for clinical trials to take place through. Schedule I can’t be administered but schedule III can. The results will be interesting.

Would there not be several convictions over turned or at least reduced because of this? People serving 20+ years for weed?

[Linked Image]

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: BOBO the Clown] #9041516 05/02/24 02:46 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

thats a very good argument.

gun not so much, as soon as the “other ” society invades for your resources, as they always do, its out the window. But first part is a valid and well thought concern. cheers

I’ll take what I can get. up

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: J.G.] #9041524 05/02/24 03:04 AM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C

Call me names all you want.

See how this plays out for you.

Uhhh, you better see your own post, you called names first. It will play out for me just fine, I ain't skeered....your reading comprehension sucks too, I didn't lecture anyone on Marijuana smoking in their homes, it is in public that I lectured on...

Last edited by Concho; 05/02/24 03:11 AM.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: KRoyal] #9041526 05/02/24 03:13 AM
N
ntxtrapper Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N

Would there not be several convictions over turned or at least reduced because of this? People serving 20+ years for weed?

This is from the BOP. Are there child predators, bank robbers ect ect who also had weed in the BOP? Yes. For nothing but simple marijuana possession, see below.

“As of January 2022, no offenders sentenced solely for simple possession of marijuana remained in the custody of the Federal Bureau of Prisons.”

https://www.ussc.gov/research/research-reports/weighing-impact-simple-possession-marijuana

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: ntxtrapper] #9041535 05/02/24 03:39 AM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend

This is from the BOP. Are there child predators, bank robbers ect ect who also had weed in the BOP? Yes. For nothing but simple marijuana possession, see below.

“As of January 2022, no offenders sentenced solely for simple possession of marijuana remained in the custody of the Federal Bureau of Prisons.”

https://www.ussc.gov/research/research-reports/weighing-impact-simple-possession-marijuana

Hey that’s good to know, learn something new every day. Thanks for posting. I’m glad it’s not as a big of a deal as it used to be.

[Linked Image]

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9041539 05/02/24 03:50 AM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
The problem with freedom to use and abuse substances is that substance abuse, including marijuana, undeniably accelerates the decay of society.

That will inevitably lead to more overreach and less freedom.

Gun grabbers love it. Anything that boosts crime statistics, gives them numbers to play with and scare the sheeple.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-14
Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: KRoyal] #9041542 05/02/24 04:14 AM
N
ntxtrapper Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N

Hey that’s good to know, learn something new every day. Thanks for posting. I’m glad it’s not as a big of a deal as it used to be.

The numbers have always been twisted by people to make it look like there were a lot of offenders in federal prison for weed because they wouldn’t mention that they were also there for several other violent crimes. The BOP separated the stats because of certain groups misrepresenting the offender’s convictions.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9041545 05/02/24 04:57 AM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
I have always wondered if pot smokers just don't own firearms or is it not a disqualifier on the federal form?

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9041552 05/02/24 05:40 AM
N
^^Cut the Cord^^
OP Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N
Ask hunter.

_=====___=________==-

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9041637 05/02/24 01:42 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Ask hunter.

Perfect example of a person who from what I understand, purchased a firearm, completed a 4473, then went out in a public venue and admitted to drug use...now being prosecuted. I could be wrong, just asking.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Concho] #9041642 05/02/24 01:48 PM
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Ask hunter.

Perfect example of a person who from what I understand, purchased a firearm, completed a 4473, then went out in a public venue and admitted to drug use...now being prosecuted. I could be wrong, just asking.

it's possible and legal to purchase a firearm with no 4473 involved.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: bigbob_ftw] #9041645 05/02/24 01:53 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Ask hunter.

it's possible and legal to purchase a firearm with no 4473 involved.

I get that, not what I'm asking. I wouldn't sell a firearm to that person if I knew, but that is me...

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: J.G.] #9041653 05/02/24 02:00 PM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
I ride with Sneaky.

25 years of responding to 9-1-1 calls. Seen plenty of drunks wreck very badly. Had plenty of drunks fight with us on scene and in the back of the ambulance. Saved a bunch of morons from opioid overdoses in their homes. Not ever one time have I seen someone high on marijuana give us any trouble.

Anyone that wants to save lives from automobile deaths needs to male cell phones disabled while they are traveling above a certain speed. That would make a thousand times more difference than worrying about alcohol or marijuana.

Makes more sense than anything else

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: 10 Gauge] #9041689 05/02/24 02:35 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by 10 Gauge
I ride with Sneaky.

I agree. Now I'm not innocent, I've fiddled with my phone while driving, but have seen some amazing things on the road when someone is obsessed with their phone. At a stop light the other day I saw a guy messing with his phone while his 2 small children (between two and five maybe) WALKING around the back seat. They were still that way when I passed them on the highway, but he had quit looking at his phone. Stupid idiot.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9041711 05/02/24 03:02 PM
B
Brother in-law Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
B
Yay more support for anxiety causing drugs

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9041716 05/02/24 03:13 PM
Creekrunner Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
'Never touched ganja, in any form. I was around plenty of heavy users in college, back when it was way weaker than it is now. One was a life-long friend who finally cleaned up his act and he confirmed that there are many long-term effects that nobody is ever supposed to talk about, like many other "lifestyle choices."

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Creekrunner] #9041733 05/02/24 03:34 PM
N
^^Cut the Cord^^
OP Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N
Originally Posted by Creekrunner
he confirmed that there are many long-term effects that nobody is ever supposed to talk about

I'll be 65 next month when do these " long-term effects" kick in and what should I expect, did he tell you?

_=====___=________==-

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Creekrunner] #9041744 05/02/24 03:45 PM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by Creekrunner
Originally Posted by 10 Gauge
I ride with Sneaky.

I agree. Now I'm not innocent, I've fiddled with my phone while driving, but have seen some amazing things on the road when someone is obsessed with their phone. At a stop light the other day I saw a guy messing with his phone while his 2 small children (between two and five maybe) WALKING around the back seat. They were still that way when I passed them on the highway, but he had quit looking at his phone. Stupid idiot.

Sitting in a big rig, you can see right down into a car. You might he surprised how many people are playing video games or swiping through plenty of fish or something whole they are cruising.

My truck is governed at 68 miles per hour. 99% of the people that I pass on the interstate are doing something like that. Some even watch movies. They always slow down. Soon as I see brake lights under normal driving conditions, I get as far away from them as possible.

They think dropping 5-10 mph in speed is gonna make up for the reaction time they lose by not focusing on the road. 55-65 mph is still gonna make you doornail dead in a head-on collision. No way around that.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9041745 05/02/24 03:47 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
I back the blue…. But some of y’all on this thread losing credibility with me for common sense reasoning when equating pot to other hard drugs and alcohol….never had an experience with people high on pot beating their wives and children, living on the streets begging for money, killing innocent victims driving while high on pot…..

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #9041751 05/02/24 03:53 PM
10 Gauge Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted by Pitchfork Predator
I back the blue…. But some of y’all on this thread losing credibility with me for common sense reasoning when equating pot to other hard drugs and alcohol….never had an experience with people high on pot beating their wives and children, living on the streets begging for money, killing innocent victims driving while high on pot…..

I agree that alcohol is worse, that prescription drugs are worse, etc. I am looking at the decay of society as it relates to substance abuse. Marijuana plays a role in that. I don’t think it should be outright banned and it has it’s place, but substance use requires regulation.

Anywhere they decriminalize substance abuse everything goes downhill fast. Not everybody uses substances responsibily.

And Oklahoma is a great example.

Last edited by 10 Gauge; 05/02/24 03:54 PM.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9044763 05/08/24 10:54 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
News in Austin is saying some pot seized there has tested positive for Fentanyl.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Concho] #9044769 05/08/24 11:03 PM
M
MeanGreen85 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
News in Austin is saying some pot seized there has tested positive for Fentanyl.

If true we can thank prohibition for that.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Concho] #9044771 05/08/24 11:06 PM
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob

This is a growing problem with all drugs. China is killing our citizens and no one cares because addicts are expendable.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: MeanGreen85] #9044773 05/08/24 11:09 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by MeanGreen85

Prohibition of fentanyl is alittle different. it’s a roll of the dice if it’s addiction or death first, but end result is the same

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9044779 05/08/24 11:22 PM
N
^^Cut the Cord^^
OP Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N
Brings a whole new meaning to Killer Weed cool2

_=====___=________==-

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: BOBO the Clown] #9044784 05/08/24 11:31 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C

Prohibition of fentanyl is alittle different. it’s a roll of the dice if it’s addiction or death first, but end result is the same

I have seen so many fall dead from this stuff, it is pure evil...even small communities are seeing this stuff show up in Methamphetamines, Cocaine, and now Marijuana. Just when Heroin appears under control again, this stuff comes along as a street drug.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9044785 05/08/24 11:34 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Brings a whole new meaning to Killer Weed cool2

I just hope everyone is careful out there, we can have all the mind dumbing debates we want about weed, but this is different.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: BOBO the Clown] #9044789 05/08/24 11:44 PM
M
MeanGreen85 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M

I meant prohibition of weed, sorry should have been clearer. There’s be no need to worry about tainted weed if the potheads could buy it from legitimate sources like in the legal states.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: MeanGreen85] #9044794 05/08/24 11:51 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C

I meant prohibition of weed, sorry should have been clearer. There’s be no need to worry about tainted weed if the potheads could buy it from legitimate sources like in the legal states.

I'm not sure how many "potheads" could afford $7-800.00 worth of pot you could hold in the palm of one hand...which is what you get with pot stores and legitimate sources. The government isn't going to legalize anything they cannot make a profit off.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: MeanGreen85] #9044798 05/08/24 11:58 PM
N
ntxtrapper Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N

Legalize it and it will be regulated and taxed to death. Priced a pack of Marlboro Light 100's lately? Mexico will keep on making it cheaper, adding a dash of Fentanyl sometimes and hauling it across our open borders.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: ntxtrapper] #9044799 05/09/24 12:03 AM
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob

Legalize it and it will be regulated and taxed to death. Priced a pack of Marlboro Light 100's lately? Mexico will keep on making it cheaper, adding a dash of Fentanyl sometimes and hauling it across our open borders.

This sadly is truth although most of it is local grown. Not worth importing it.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: MeanGreen85] #9044806 05/09/24 12:23 AM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

cheers

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Concho] #9044807 05/09/24 12:26 AM
68rustbucket Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

Quite a few ODs over the last couple weeks in Austin.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Concho] #9044811 05/09/24 12:33 AM
N
^^Cut the Cord^^
OP Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N
[quote=MeanGreen85]

I'm not sure how many "potheads" could afford $7-800.00 worth of pot you could hold in the palm of one hand...which is what you get with pot stores and legitimate sources. The government isn't going to legalize anything they cannot make a profit off.

What are you getting that fits in your hand that's cannabis and costs $700-$800 ?
you can buy an ounce for $180 including tax

https://weedmaps.com/cart

Order summary

1oz *PLATINUM SHELF* Bubble Butt 22.7%
Subtotal
$143.43
Est. excise tax
$36.57
Est. total
$180.00

_=====___=________==-

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9044813 05/09/24 12:41 AM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
[quote=MeanGreen85]

What are you getting that fits in your hand that's cannabis and costs $700-$800 ?
you can buy an ounce for $180

Order summary

Subtotal
$143.43
Est. excise tax
$36.57
Est. total
$180.00

Just an example I was told about...I have no idea the prices, but I wouldn't pay $180.00 for an ounce either, even if I were a consumer, I'm shocked someone on a hunting forum could even argue the point...but then I guess I shouldn't be.

Last edited by Concho; 05/09/24 12:42 AM.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9044815 05/09/24 12:49 AM
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
You've argued this for years. Why in the world are you shocked? Some hunters partake. It's no mystery.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9044819 05/09/24 01:02 AM
N
ntxtrapper Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
[quote=MeanGreen85]

Order summary

Subtotal
$143.43
Est. excise tax
$36.57
Est. total
$180.00

When I was in the weed buying business I would pay 700 a pound from Mexico.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: bigbob_ftw] #9044822 05/09/24 01:15 AM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
You've argued this for years. Why in the world are you shocked? Some hunters partake. It's no mystery.

Maybe pot smokers only bow hunt...I think you can buy a bow without being asked if you partake...I guess I expected hunters to be law abiding citizens, my bad.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: ntxtrapper] #9044825 05/09/24 01:22 AM
N
^^Cut the Cord^^
OP Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N
[quote=BOBO the Clown]

Order summary

Subtotal
$143.43
Est. excise tax
$36.57
Est. total
$180.00

When I was in the weed buying business I would pay 700 a pound from Mexico.

Reggie and full of seeds I remember them days came all squished together in big bricks.

_=====___=________==-

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Concho] #9044827 05/09/24 01:28 AM
TurkeyHunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

Maybe pot smokers only bow hunt...I think you can buy a bow without being asked if you partake...I guess I expected hunters to be law abiding citizens, my bad.

They could have a legally obtained buying card in Texas and be in legal possession.

To be determined
Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Concho] #9044828 05/09/24 01:29 AM
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob

Why would you think hunters are different from the general population? That's a silly notion. You do know you can buy a firearm with no 4473. Heck, you dont even have to buy a firearm.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: TurkeyHunter] #9044885 05/09/24 05:00 AM
N
ntxtrapper Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted by TurkeyHunter

They could have a legally obtained buying card in Texas and be in legal possession.

The Gun Control Act of 1968 states otherwise. I personally don’t care that much but that’s the correct information.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9044894 05/09/24 08:53 AM
N
ntxtrapper Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
There were some pending court cases involving the subject but I haven’t kept up with them because I don’t enforce the GCA anymore and I’m not a stoner.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9048115 05/16/24 05:47 PM
N
^^Cut the Cord^^
OP Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N
Justice Department formally moves to reclassify marijuana

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/just...eclassify-170043305.html?.tsrc=fin-notif

The Justice Department on Thursday formally moved to reclassify marijuana as a less dangerous drug in a historic shift in generations of U.S. drug policy.

A proposed rule sent to the federal register recognizes the medical uses of cannabis and acknowledges it has less potential for abuse than some of the nation’s most dangerous drugs. The plan approved by Attorney General Merrick Garland does not legalize marijuana outright for recreational use.

The Drug Enforcement Administration will take public comment on the proposal to move marijuana away from its current classification as a Schedule I drug, alongside heroin and LSD. It moves pot to Schedule III, alongside ketamine and some anabolic steroids.

_=====___=________==-

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: rolyat.nosaj] #9048128 05/16/24 06:27 PM
C
Chopped54 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
C

This 100%!!
A buddy of mine has been a paramedic with one of the larger metroplex FD and he said in his 40+ years with the FD, he has NEVER worked a fatality that involved ONLY Marijuana

Wealth is of the heart and mind and not of the pocket
Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9048151 05/16/24 07:10 PM
Texas452 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
I don’t use drugs , alcohol or smoke anything, in school we drank beer, we were athletes and never had a desire to use marijuana.
Saying that, I’ve been around smokers and they always seemed to be happy, while the drunks wanted to fight.
It’s illegal now to drive under the influence, be it drugs or alcohol, when we hire someone they are sent in for a drug and alcohol test, we’ve had many that failed the alcohol test because of celebrating the night before because they got a job, and we’ve had many fail drug screening.
Cell phones are a huge problem, some of my grandkids are driving age, and they can’t eat supper or take a bath without their phones.
I’m not a libertarian, because I believe in checks and balances, but on the marijuana debate I can’t help but be for recreational use, I’m not going to use it, I just don’t see it being no worse than alcohol.
If they get caught driving using it they should be prosecuted, just like alcohol.
I’ve seen the news about it being laced with fentanyl, and that’s horrible.
I teach my grandkids just like I did my sons, respect the law and don’t do anything stupid.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Texas452] #9048152 05/16/24 07:13 PM
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by Texas452
I don’t use drugs , alcohol or smoke anything, in school we drank beer, we were athletes and never had a desire to use marijuana.
Saying that, I’ve been around smokers and they always seemed to be happy, while the drunks wanted to fight.
It’s illegal now to drive under the influence, be it drugs or alcohol, when we hire someone they are sent in for a drug and alcohol test, we’ve had many that failed the alcohol test because of celebrating the night before because they got a job, and we’ve had many fail drug screening.
Cell phones are a huge problem, some of my grandkids are driving age, and they can’t eat supper or take a bath without their phones.
I’m not a libertarian, because I believe in checks and balances, but on the marijuana debate I can’t help but be for recreational use, I’m not going to use it, I just don’t see it being no worse than alcohol.
If they get caught driving using it they should be prosecuted, just like alcohol.
I teach my grandkids just like I did my sons, respect the law and don’t do anything stupid.

Very reasonable.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9048214 05/16/24 09:15 PM
R
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
R
That loud popping sound is the government pulling it's head out of its....

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: bigbob_ftw] #9048218 05/16/24 09:23 PM
G
Gringo Bling Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
G

That makes an even stronger case to legalize it and sell it regulated stores. No need for all of the tampering risks along with all of the proceeds funneled back to the cartels.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Gringo Bling] #9048220 05/16/24 09:29 PM
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by Gringo Bling

That makes an even stronger case to legalize it and sell it regulated stores. No need for all of the tampering risks along with all of the proceeds funneled back to the cartels.

Great point.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9048252 05/16/24 10:09 PM
hopalong Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
imo, the medicinal uses far outweigh the negatives.

I am all for medicinal use and have no problem with recreational, regulate it the exact same as booze and sit back and rake in the tax money.

the legal growers/sellers would have no problem with some regulations if they could use the banks/get loans/pay taxes etc. without having to worry about the feds.

dea has used this for decades to generate income from the big busts, little guys just got some time in the pen and out again.

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA - 903 474 7479 reservations

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9048344 05/17/24 12:17 AM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Another step downhill for American society...

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Concho] #9048411 05/17/24 03:38 AM
N
^^Cut the Cord^^
OP Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N

[Linked Image]

_=====___=________==-

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9048413 05/17/24 03:47 AM
G
Gringo Bling Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
G
More like “Come and Toke It”.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9048417 05/17/24 04:03 AM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C

[Linked Image]

Shameful really that some believe we need one more crutch to get us through the day...

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9048422 05/17/24 04:53 AM
Ramsey Offline
Pepe' Le Pew
Pepe' Le Pew
High Fence or Low Fence confused2

Big Beckett!!
Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Ramsey] #9048424 05/17/24 05:51 AM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by Ramsey
High Fence or Low Fence confused2

Apparently very low fence...

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9048487 05/17/24 12:56 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Shameful, really, that some people think we need the government to tell us what we can and can’t do.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Sneaky] #9048492 05/17/24 01:05 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Marijuana use has been happening for how long already?

Even while it was illegal, it was still happening. Imagine that.

I've never tried it. And I don't care what other people do in their homes or yards.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9048498 05/17/24 01:18 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
Mixed feelings on this one. If the weed today wasn't so dang potent I would have zero reservations.
I am like 65% okay with it and 35% concerned with it. I use to toke a little and I mean a very little back in the 70's when weed would just get you high.

If it was put up to a public vote, I would not vote on it and let the chips fall wherever. As long as folks can get chit faced drunk, who's to say others can't get stoned stupid high on weed.
Also as long as it is illegal, it is not allowed in our house.

texas flag

“I never forget a face—but in your case, I’ll be glad to make an exception.”
—Groucho Marx

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9048505 05/17/24 01:30 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Weed is just a gateway drug to explore other drugs for many youths

Smoke a little weed, next try some blow, maybe some XTC or Acid, then get bored and snort some crank.

Then we have a drugged out looser

I have known countless guys I grew up with who never stopped smoking weed, it seems like it took their drive away for acheiving things in life.

I could give two chits what you do at home, but last time I was in Las Vegas I kept smelling skunk weed outside and that stuff make me sick to my stomach to even smell it.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: J.G.] #9048508 05/17/24 01:33 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Marijuana use has been happening for how long already?

Even while it was illegal, it was still happening. Imagine that.

I've never tried it. And I don't care what other people do in their homes or yards.

Just a FYI recreational use of marijuana is still illegal.

https://guides.sll.texas.gov/cannabis/recreational-use

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Sneaky] #9048514 05/17/24 01:42 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Shameful, really, that some people think we need the government to tell us what we can and can’t do.

Well, you know Sneaky if everyone could be an adult about it and use at home away from children, pot smokers would rarely get caught even now, but the problem is they won't, and they will expose others to their vice through secondhand smoke. I guess we need the government to dictate to us when we aren't adult enough or smart enough to figure it out ourselves.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: RedRanger] #9048534 05/17/24 02:17 PM
C
cleatas Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
C
Originally Posted by RedRanger

Smoke a little weed, next try some blow, maybe some XTC or Acid, then get bored and snort some crank.

Then we have a drugged out looser

I have known countless guys I grew up with who never stopped smoking weed, it seems like it took their drive away for acheiving things in life.

I could give two chits what you do at home, but last time I was in Las Vegas I kept smelling skunk weed outside and that stuff make me sick to my stomach to even smell it.

facts here...i find kids with weed im taking action in some form or fashion. Adults, dump it and go because you are probably already a lost cause if you are driving around smoking weed in your car. Too many kids try other things when weed doesn't do it anymore and then they end up with a felony and possibly prison. If i can prevent one of the kids from going down that road then i will.

''Tis better to be silent and be THOUGHT a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln
Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Concho] #9048559 05/17/24 02:46 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

Well, you know Sneaky if everyone could be an adult about it and use at home away from children, pot smokers would rarely get caught even now, but the problem is they won't, and they will expose others to their vice through secondhand smoke. I guess we need the government to dictate to us when we aren't adult enough or smart enough to figure it out ourselves.

When they do that, they infringe upon the rights of others. That is an actual crime. Making weed illegal because you don’t want to be around it makes no sense. Make the actual crime illegal. You don’t ban cars because people drive too fast. You ban speeding. This isn’t a difficult concept to grasp. You just want it illegal because you don’t like it. That’s not freedom. Thats tyranny.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9048563 05/17/24 02:49 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
And do you really still trust your government to make decisions for you? Hasn’t that backfired for you, recently?

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Sneaky] #9048587 05/17/24 03:19 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
And do you really still trust your government to make decisions for you? Hasn’t that backfired for you, recently?

Do you really believe that it will ever be legal without restrictions, alcoholic beverage has restrictions and taxes I might add, weed will also if ever made legal. The government is always going to have control like it or not.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9048604 05/17/24 03:39 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
This isn’t about that. Obviously our government will always be overreaching. This is about whether you agree with that overreach or not. Apparently, you do. I do not.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Stub] #9048608 05/17/24 03:43 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Stub
Mixed feelings on this one. If the weed today wasn't so dang potent I would have zero reservations.
I am like 65% okay with it and 35% concerned with it. I use to toke a little and I mean a very little back in the 70's when weed would just get you high.

If it was put up to a public vote, I would not vote on it and let the chips fall wherever. As long as folks can get chit faced drunk, who's to say others can't get stoned stupid high on weed.

up This mirrors my opinion, I've seen the "social" drinkers cause more problems the "social" pot smoker. Abuse happens on both sides. There's laws for that. We see alcohol DUIs all the time, but very few potheads busted for DUI.

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: dogcatcher] #9048610 05/17/24 03:47 PM
U
unclebubba Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
U
Originally Posted by dogcatcher

up This mirrors my opinion, I've seen the "social" drinkers cause more problems the "social" pot smoker. Abuse happens on both sides. There's laws for that. We see alcohol DUIs all the time, but very few potheads busted for DUI.

How many of the alcohol based DUI's are both drunk and stoned at the same time? How does one test for blood THC level? There's probably a lot of people high that should not be driving that are driving.

http://www.boatloan.com/michael-hunt/

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Stub] #9048642 05/17/24 05:23 PM
Texas452 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker

This is something I don’t know anything about, weed being more potent than it use to be?
I know about it being laced with fentanyl, is that why it’s more potent? IDK.
My oldest grandson, has demonstrated good leadership so far, he doesn’t drink or use tobacco, he’s an athlete, and just because his buddies do it , if he doesn’t agree he will let them know.
I hope he never uses tobacco, alcohol or any drugs.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Texas452] #9048643 05/17/24 05:27 PM
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob

This is something I don’t know anything about, weed being more potent than it use to be?
My oldest grandson, has demonstrated good leadership so far, he doesn’t drink or use tobacco, he’s an athlete, and just because his buddies do it , if he doesn’t agree he will let them know.

there is a science too it. lot's of cross breeding between the hundreds of strains. some give you a head high, some give you a body high etc. All pot isn't nessissarily more potent, there are all types out there. I just hate the stigma attached. I begged my mom to use it after she had cancer. she wouldn't eat anything and hurt all the time. shame.

[Linked Image]

Ultra MAGA '24.
Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9048650 05/17/24 05:43 PM
J
jrs_39 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
The anti-pot sentiment always makes me laugh. The same people condemning weed end every evening with 3 shots and a xanax to take the edge off. Then take an ambien to go to sleep. Then take pain pills during the day to ease the pain caused by the pills and booze.

Weed is an aspirin compared to the alcohol and pharmaceuticals.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Texas452] #9048665 05/17/24 06:05 PM
G
Gringo Bling Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
G

How do you really know your athlete grandson doesn't drink or use tobacco? You'd be shocked at the number of teens who insist they do not drink, use some form nicotine/vape, and have sex, yet tell their parents (and in this case grandparents) that their friends do it, but they don't.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Gringo Bling] #9048679 05/17/24 06:25 PM
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal

How do you really know your athlete grandson doesn't drink or use tobacco? You'd be shocked at the number of teens who insist they do not drink, use some form nicotine/vape, and have sex, yet tell their parents (and in this case grandparents) that their friends do it, but they don't.

Why can’t he just be proud until Grandson proves other wise

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: bigbob_ftw] #9048691 05/17/24 07:02 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S

there is a science too it. lot's of cross breeding between the hundreds of strains. some give you a head high, some give you a body high etc. All pot isn't nessissarily more potent, there are all types out there. I just hate the stigma attached. I begged my mom to use it after she had cancer. she wouldn't eat anything and hurt all the time. shame.

Pot back in the 70's for the most part were grown in large fields in Mexico all the way to S America. Most of it was what was called dirt weed, just grown in Mexico a big field sprayed with pesticides.
Pot you bought back then was full of trash, basically the whole plant except the roots, like stems and seeds. You could tell a pot smoker by smell or the burnt holes in their clothes from seeds exploding in the joint they were smoking

There was certain strains that were not as available, more expensive and more potent like Panama Gold, Maui Wowee, etc.
You could buy a small Match Box for $3.00 -$5.00 or a 3 finger lid, (which was a plastic sandwich bag that was 3 fingers tall from the bottom of the bag up) for $10-$15.00 that was the general pricing,
Like most commodities prices varied depending on supply and demand and the quality.

Back in the late 60's and 70's you could go to prison for 20 years for a very small amount of pot!

https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/that-strong-stuff-why-is-cannabis-now-so-diff

Why Is Cannabis Now So Different From 1970s Cannabis?

They came in kilo bricks. By boat, in trucks, and in cargo planes, pounds of dried-up flakes and pieces of cannabis plants worked their way up from Colombia to be distributed and sold in the United States. While cannabis has been a part of American culture since the country’s birth, cannabis today is certainly not what it used to be. Not only has the industry changed, but so have the plant’s potency and general appearance.

So, what exactly were those free-spirits smoking in the 1970s? Since cannabis was named a Schedule 1 drug in 1970, the Natural Center for Natural Projects Research (NCNPR) at the University of Mississippi has been testing marijuana samples confiscated in U.S. marijuana raids. In agreement with popular belief, today’s marijuana is 57-67% more potent when compared to samples from the ’70s. In this instance, potency is measured by the levels of psychoactive

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6312155/

The primary problem with the current available cannabis in dispensaries in Colorado is that the THC content is not like it used to be. Prior to the 1990s it was less than 2%. In the 1990s it grew to 4%, and between 1995 and 2015 there has been a 212% increase in THC content in the marijuana flower.
In 2017 the most popular strains found in dispensaries in Colorado had a range of THC content from 17–28% such as found in the popular strain named “Girl Scout Cookie.”2 Sadly these plants producing high levels of THC are incapable of producing much CBD, the protective component of the plant so these strains have minimal CBD. For example the Girl Scout Cookie strain has only 0.09–0.2% CBD.

Last edited by Stub; 05/17/24 07:10 PM.

texas flag

—Groucho Marx

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: BOBO the Clown] #9048692 05/17/24 07:06 PM
G
Gringo Bling Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
G

Sure he can. Just know that teenagers are known to lie.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9048700 05/17/24 07:23 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
On another note.

Someone said that Marijuana is the gateway drug, they are right to a certain extent, alcohol which I readily enjoy is a gateway drug also.
How many people do you know that did not drink alcohol and started smoking pot first? Bet it was very and I mean very few!

I grew up around a whole bunch of all of it. Everyone I knew started drinking alcohol first, then went to pot and then harder drugs, so you could say Alcohol is the gateway drug or door opener to everything else..

Even if they make pot legal, I doubt seriously if I would ever take a toke unless it was just a unique situation.
I would still not allow anybody to smoke it in our house, outside if they needed to puff on one!

Last edited by Stub; 05/17/24 07:25 PM.

texas flag

—Groucho Marx

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9048704 05/17/24 07:34 PM
N
^^Cut the Cord^^
OP Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N
They could do dabs in your house and not have to go outside, dabs don't stink AND you can get it in THC levels from 80-100% up

_=====___=________==-

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Gringo Bling] #9048706 05/17/24 07:40 PM
Texas452 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker

For one he tells me, I don’t think he would lie to me. But no one can be 100% sure, I understand that.
I have granddaughters older than him that I’m told do the vape thing, I found out one was using the stuff with THC in it, I never knew there was such a thing until here recently, and I do believe they do it, they have never used it in front of me.
As far as I know, my sons have never used drugs, they are anti drugs to this day, they did drink beer and one still does.
I don’t have anything against alcohol, unless it’s abused, and especially if you drink and drive.
I use to enjoy a cold beer when I got done with my work, Saturday only, I was a one night a week drinker.
I haven’t drank in so many years that it tastes terrible to me now, I believe a beer or two a day is good for the system.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9048712 05/17/24 07:54 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
They could do dabs in your house and not have to go outside, dabs don't stink AND you can get it in THC levels from 80-100% up

No clue what a Dab is? But if it like a gummy where I do not see it or smell it, then so be it.

texas flag

—Groucho Marx

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Stub] #9048721 05/17/24 08:15 PM
N
^^Cut the Cord^^
OP Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N

No clue what a Dab is? But if it like a gummy where I do not see it or smell it, then so be it.

What!!! You've never watched Dabbing Granny on youtube? 68 and she's still kicking it.

_=====___=________==-

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: BOBO the Clown] #9048734 05/17/24 08:32 PM
Texas452 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker

In very proud of him, he loves to bow hunt, and he especially loves bass fishing, we’re planning a trip to O. H. Ivie at the end of the month. I have a ranch 30 minutes from there, we will be guided for two days, I don’t know if my back will hold up.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Sneaky] #9048852 05/18/24 12:14 AM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
This isn’t about that. Obviously our government will always be overreaching. This is about whether you agree with that overreach or not. Apparently, you do. I do not.

I drink alcohol from time to time, and still feel the same way about dumb drunks who don't know when to call it a night as I do about pot smokers. I have taken keys away from more than one dumb drunk who was going to drive home when falling down intoxicated, in fact I may dislike them more than pot smokers...this isn't about the substance to me, it is about poor judgement of most people. Like I said on numerous occasions, if pot smokers and drunks would stay home and not force their vices on others, they would get arrested less and most of America would be happier...and the only thing that keeps society from being totally nuts is standards of behavior we expect of each other, you can call it government overreach, but what is next if pot is legalized? The fact is that most folks have an ego that just will not allow them to use either alcohol or pot and not want an audience.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9048898 05/18/24 02:10 AM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
Then I take it that you are in favor of the possession and use of alcohol being banned. Is that correct?

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Sneaky] #9048905 05/18/24 02:22 AM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
Then I take it that you are in favor of the possession and use of alcohol being banned. Is that correct?

I'm in favor of people displaying adult behavior, if you can do so and they legalize pot, I'm all for the freedom...but something tells me after years of dealing with pot smokers that they will abuse the freedom and impose on the freedom of others, like many of them do now.

Last edited by Concho; 05/18/24 02:23 AM.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Concho] #9048915 05/18/24 02:49 AM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend

I'm in favor of people displaying adult behavior, if you can do so and they legalize pot, I'm all for the freedom...but something tells me after years of dealing with pot smokers that they will abuse the freedom and impose on the freedom of others, like many of them do now.

Yea because everyone that drinks alcohol displays adults behavior? I’d say it’s actually opposite.

[Linked Image]

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: KRoyal] #9048938 05/18/24 04:18 AM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C

Yea because everyone that drinks alcohol displays adults behavior? I’d say it’s actually opposite.

Look at my post above, I believe that is exactly what I said, I don't like out-of-control drunks either.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Concho] #9048996 05/18/24 01:02 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend

Look at my post above, I believe that is exactly what I said, I don't like out-of-control drunks either.

Sorry about that, totally misread your post last night.

[Linked Image]

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: KRoyal] #9049002 05/18/24 01:15 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
cheers

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9049004 05/18/24 01:16 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

Were you drunk or baked? rofl bolt

I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: SnakeWrangler] #9049006 05/18/24 01:20 PM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler

Were you drunk or baked? rofl bolt

lol not gonna lie, a little of both I think. Didn’t eat hardly anything yesterday and after mowing had a few beers and then took my gummy for bed and it knocked me on my butt.

[Linked Image]

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Concho] #9049018 05/18/24 01:43 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

Wait, they already do that now? Well, let’s make it illegal, then. That’ll fix it. Oh yeah, it already is.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Sneaky] #9049027 05/18/24 02:01 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C

Wait, they already do that now? Well, let’s make it illegal, then. That’ll fix it. Oh yeah, it already is.

I'm not going to change my opinion no matter how long this thread goes, and I don't believe I will change your opinion...like I said, stay at home with your weed, probably no one will ever know.

Last edited by Concho; 05/18/24 02:01 PM.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9049047 05/18/24 02:48 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S
I don’t smoke weed. I just don’t need anyone telling me I can’t.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Sneaky] #9049060 05/18/24 03:23 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

up

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Sneaky] #9049081 05/18/24 04:27 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C

The one thing I have learn to be a fact in America, someone will always be telling you what to do or not do.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Sneaky] #9049085 05/18/24 04:31 PM
S
SnakeWrangler Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

This^^^^^

I believe in science and I’m an insufferable [censored]
Originally Posted by beaversnipe
Actually, BBC is pretty damn good

"You Cannot Simultaneously Be Politically Correct And Intellectually Honest!"
Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Concho] #9049094 05/18/24 04:50 PM
N
^^Cut the Cord^^
OP Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N

The one thing I have learn to be a fact in America, someone will always be telling you what to do or not do.

You might want to reevaluate your beliefs The majority was against the jab and 69% Support Legalization I think you might be out of touch.

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/69-...ijuana-legalization-fox-news-poll-finds/

_=====___=________==-

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9049112 05/18/24 05:40 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C

You might want to reevaluate your beliefs The majority was against the jab and 69% Support Legalization I think you might be out of touch.

Yada, Yada, Yada...

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Concho] #9049135 05/18/24 06:42 PM
S
Sneaky Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
S

That’s true, and I’ll keep telling those people to mind their own business.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9049477 05/19/24 04:27 PM
S
Stub Online Happy
THF Celebrity
Online Happy
THF Celebrity
S
[Linked Image]

texas flag

—Groucho Marx

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: RedRanger] #9049981 05/20/24 08:05 PM
P
psycho0819 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
Originally Posted by RedRanger

I knew this would come up eventually, the old "gateway drug" argument..........

How many of those kids that "smoked a little weed" had already been sneaking beers from dad's stash? Wine from momma's, or liquor from the cabinet? Almost every single one of them. So wouldn't that make alcohol the prolific "gateway drug"? Remind me again, which one is legal?

I've been to Vegas since it was legalized there, smelt it on the streets too. People doing what they want to do for fun. No different than smelling vomit from the "professional" convention attendees that drank too much and puked in the hotel hallway, elevator, or on the street. How about the old rich guys strolling thru the casino showing off the potentially human trafficked "escort" they paid for? You don't go to Vegas unless you're ok with a certain amount of depravity. Unless of course you just enjoy being offended, which come to think of it is a depravity as well.

Tolerance is the virtue of a man without conviction.

The end of the world began the day it was created, and life is a sexually transmitted terminal disease.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: Concho] #9051419 05/23/24 08:01 PM
N
^^Cut the Cord^^
OP Online Content
^^Cut the Cord^^
N

Yada, Yada, Yada...

Majority Of Texans Support Marijuana Legalization, Including Plurality Of Republican Voters, Poll Finds

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/maj...urality-of-republican-voters-poll-finds/

Three in five Texans, including a plurality of Republicans, support legalizing marijuana, according to a new survey.

The Texas Lyceum Poll found that 60 percent of adults in the state back the reform—a 14 percentage point increase compared to a 2015 survey they conducted that asked about cannabis policy opinions. This round, 31 percent said they oppose legalization and 10 percent said they were unsure.

Of the 31 percent of Texas adults who disagree with legalization, 42 percent said they would at least support decriminalizing marijuana by making possession punishable by a citation and fine, but 47 percent said they were against even that modest reform.

“Taken together, 73 percent of Texans support either full legalization or decriminalization of marijuana in Texas according to 2024 polling,”

_=====___=________==-

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9051449 05/23/24 08:56 PM
C
Concho Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
C
All depends on who you ask and how you ask the question...polling 1200 Texans and then calling that a majority of Texas is an old and deceptive media stunt.

Last edited by Concho; 05/23/24 08:57 PM.

Re: DEA Agrees To Reschedule Marijuana Under Federal Law [Re: NORML as can be] #9051459 05/23/24 09:05 PM
TurkeyHunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
You ever see Reefer Madness?

To be determined
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide