Page 1 of 2 1 2
Business banking #8835611 04/17/23 11:43 PM
D
DukeCigars Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
D
Do you guys with biz bank accounts have good experiences/recommendations for a bank/credit union to use or NOT use?

Looking to change banking for a few of my business accounts and looking through stuff is just overwhelming

Not interested in the big banks. Would really rather aim towards a local state bank or credit union as there will also be a need for credit cards as I know some offer great rebates (Like TDECU offering a discount on BucEes gas, but would rather rebates than on the spot discounts)

Appreciate any input!

Car guy. Serial entrepreneur. Terrible golfer.
Re: Business banking [Re: DukeCigars] #8835646 04/18/23 12:36 AM
68rustbucket Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I’ve been happy with Frost Bank and Randolph-Brooks FCU over the last 30+ years.

Re: Business banking [Re: 68rustbucket] #8835688 04/18/23 01:50 AM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by 68rustbucket
I’ve been happy with Frost Bank and Randolph-Brooks FCU over the last 30+ years.

yelp, as soon as I got a Randolph brooks in our area I moved side business and kids to it. I use Frost for everything else and some investment portfolios

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Business banking [Re: DukeCigars] #8835698 04/18/23 02:32 AM
O
Ox190 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
O
Have a buddy that worked high level for Western National Bank, then they merged with Frost. He left for a very unique opportunity but he only banks with Frost, and speaks very highly of them.

"There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre." Louis L'Amour
Re: Business banking [Re: DukeCigars] #8835723 04/18/23 03:39 AM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
I have heard good things about Frost as well and several folks I know use them.

Re: Business banking [Re: DukeCigars] #8835763 04/18/23 05:32 AM
B
bassfishinglawyer Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Where’s your business located?

Re: Business banking [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8835767 04/18/23 06:50 AM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown

yelp, as soon as I got a Randolph brooks in our area I moved side business and kids to it. I use Frost for everything else and some investment portfolios

Why do you use smaller instead of big boy like JP Morgan or BOA?

What is the benefit of a smaller bank for business?

Re: Business banking [Re: DukeCigars] #8835871 04/18/23 01:54 PM
P
pokerj2 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
We have business accounts with 4 banks.

Chase
Inwood
Wells Fargo
Prosperity

That is the order that I like them in.

President of American Entitlements LLC
Health insurance agency focusing in all ages from ACA plans all the way through Medicare.
Office is based in Wylie, TX
We have local agents in both Texas and Louisiana
469-814-0289
Re: Business banking [Re: DukeCigars] #8835881 04/18/23 02:02 PM
P
Paluxy Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
Originally Posted by DukeCigars
Do you guys with biz bank accounts have good experiences/recommendations for a bank/credit union to use or NOT use?

Looking to change banking for a few of my business accounts and looking through stuff is just overwhelming

Not interested in the big banks. Would really rather aim towards a local state bank or credit union as there will also be a need for credit cards as I know some offer great rebates (Like TDECU offering a discount on BucEes gas, but would rather rebates than on the spot discounts)

Appreciate any input!

We moved to a locally owned bank. One thing to watch out for on a new account is fund holds, might want to check with them and see how soon your funds will be available to you. We had to keep the old account open to pay bills, payroll and IRS until the hold was lifted.

Re: Business banking [Re: DukeCigars] #8835882 04/18/23 02:03 PM
H
Herbie Hancock Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
I know my brother in law moved all his accounts to Truist, they have branches in your area.

It takes beer to make thirst worthwhile - J. Fred Schmidt

The internet is an I.Q. Test, people post their scores in the comment section.
Re: Business banking [Re: RedRanger] #8835886 04/18/23 02:12 PM
BOBO the Clown Offline
kind of a big deal
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted by RedRanger

I cant stand BofA wealth management and bank practices. They are liberal hell.

The level of service with Frost is about as high as I’ve seen. No issues calling and transferring/wiring money. Everything is a painless process. Frost is a very sound bank also.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: Business banking [Re: DukeCigars] #8835893 04/18/23 02:21 PM
68rustbucket Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I’ve been personal friends with a VP at our Frost branch before Frost bought our local bank back in the 90’s. Longevity of employees says something about a business.

Re: Business banking [Re: RedRanger] #8835991 04/18/23 05:04 PM
D
DukeCigars Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
D
Greatly appreciate the insight guys! My folks have used Frost personally for decades and have always enjoyed them. Digging into biz account benefits, RBFCU seems to have some great offerings for their small biz accounts (i.e. rebates on their debit card purchases when used as a credit transaction). I’m a points [censored] with as much as I spend on traveling expenses, those rebates/points add up pretty quick for me

Because I refuse to give anybody my money who thinks the government should take over all private assets “in the name of climate change”

[Linked Image]

Re: Business banking [Re: DukeCigars] #8835995 04/18/23 05:08 PM
KRoyal Offline
Texoma Legend
Texoma Legend
We use First Texoma National Bank, no real perks but they’ve been great to us. I called almost every bank around us and in southern OK for our CBD business and this one was one of the only banks that would allow “cannabis business” accounts. I was actually surprised none of the OK banks would allow it since it’s legal up there and had been for a few years before we started our business.

[Linked Image]

Re: Business banking [Re: KRoyal] #8836000 04/18/23 05:13 PM
D
DukeCigars Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
D
Originally Posted by KRoyal
We use First Texoma National Bank, no real perks but they’ve been great to us. I called almost every bank around us and in southern OK for our CBD business and this one was one of the only banks that would allow “cannabis business” accounts. I was actually surprised none of the OK banks would allow it since it’s legal up there and had been for a few years before we started our business.

Most of the banks heavily depending on federal backing won’t do Mary Jane related activities since it’s still a no-no federally. At least that’s what the pot shops in Vegas told me last year and why they can only take debit/cash. I know CBD is obviously different, but the feds don’t know any better

Hell, having a cigar company was a MASSIVE pain to get payments the first year or so, all my accounts kept getting locked up/out, from bank to PayPal etc. because every single time anything loosely related to the word cigar or tobacco hit, they would email me saying it’s illegal activity due to products originating in Cuba. F’ng idiots. $12B legal domestic market. And then the feds/FDA wants to go after premium hand rolled cigars because they think that will help the fight against 14 year olds vaping. Not even joking, it’s been a years long debate everyone in the boutique cigar brand world has been involved with to some degree or another…but that’s a whole other story that is gonna make me start wanting to drink lol

Re: Business banking [Re: DukeCigars] #8836006 04/18/23 05:19 PM
KRoyal Offline
Texoma Legend
Texoma Legend
Originally Posted by DukeCigars
Originally Posted by KRoyal

Most of the banks heavily depending on federal backing won’t do Mary Jane related activities since it’s still a no-no federally. At least that’s what the pot shops in Vegas told me last year and why they can only take debit/cash. I know CBD is obviously different, but the feds don’t know any better

Hell, having a cigar company was a MASSIVE pain to get payments the first year or so, all my accounts kept getting locked up/out, from bank to PayPal etc. because every single time anything loosely related to the word cigar or tobacco hit, they would email me saying it’s illegal activity due to products originating in Cuba. F’ng idiots. $12B legal domestic market. And then the feds/FDA wants to go after premium hand rolled cigars because they think that will help the fight against 14 year olds vaping. Not even joking, it’s been a years long debate everyone in the boutique cigar brand world has been involved with to some degree or another…but that’s a whole other story that is gonna make me start wanting to drink lol

Yea it’s amazing how oblivious they are, hemp has been federally legal since the 2018 hemp and farm bill passed. I guess none of the agency talk to one another. I can see the cannabis problem with banks being federally backed but hemp is 50 state legal and has been for 5 years.

[Linked Image]

Re: Business banking [Re: RedRanger] #8836013 04/18/23 05:31 PM
H
Hudbone Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
H

I find myself shocked here. My mom wrote me a check from her BOA account and they wouldn't let me cash it at the bank. They then figured out I owned a business and suggested they have good business banking there. No way in heck.

Quit dealing with JPMorgan when my banker called Houston to see if he could get a better rate for me. He was trying to help but had no autonomy or should've utilized more discretion.

Eat lunch with your banker. Take him/her to your club or attend lunch at theirs. Let him see how you operate outside of the business world and watch him every step of the way during your visit. The banker should be to your benefit, always remember that. Access to money is sometimes necessary.

RBFCU golden on personal, not so much on business or farm & ranch. We utilize Prosperity for business, but it is solely based on the banker who was there before Prosperity bought them out.

Re: Business banking [Re: RedRanger] #8836039 04/18/23 06:16 PM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D

More flexibility on terms and rates. Quicker and easier to deal with.

I bank with 4 different banks...the smaller ones treat me the best by far. I use BOA for personal mainly because there is a branch about 1/2 mile from my house, and they have treated me good as well. The worst of the 4 is Independent Financial...the only reason I stay with them is because it would be an enormous hassle to switch.

Re: Business banking [Re: DocHorton] #8836106 04/18/23 08:04 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by DocHorton

I bank with 4 different banks...the smaller ones treat me the best by far. I use BOA for personal mainly because there is a branch about 1/2 mile from my house, and they have treated me good as well. The worst of the 4 is Independent Financial...the only reason I stay with them is because it would be an enormous hassle to switch.

I have 4 as well, but I rarely ever step foot in any of them. I have never been to my Charles Scwhabb or Captial One Bank the accounts were set up online. I think I went to Chase years ago to set up and account, and my BOA I have had since they took over NCNB like in the 80's.

I just don't ever go to the a physical bank

What do you go to a bank for?

Re: Business banking [Re: BOBO the Clown] #8836109 04/18/23 08:08 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R

I cant stand BofA wealth management and bank practices. They are liberal hell.

The level of service with Frost is about as high as I’ve seen. No issues calling and transferring/wiring money. Everything is a painless process. Frost is a very sound bank also.

What do you do if your in another country and need to go to your bank for a reason, I can go to a BOA in Manila, Singapore, Tokoyo etc.. They have locations all over the world.

Me I don't pay much attention to what banks do, I want them to keep my money and give it to me when I need it.

Re: Business banking [Re: Hudbone] #8836127 04/18/23 08:28 PM
R
RedRanger Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted by Hudbone

I find myself shocked here. My mom wrote me a check from her BOA account and they wouldn't let me cash it at the bank. They then figured out I owned a business and suggested they have good business banking there. No way in heck.

Quit dealing with JPMorgan when my banker called Houston to see if he could get a better rate for me. He was trying to help but had no autonomy or should've utilized more discretion.

Eat lunch with your banker. Take him/her to your club or attend lunch at theirs. Let him see how you operate outside of the business world and watch him every step of the way during your visit. The banker should be to your benefit, always remember that. Access to money is sometimes necessary.

RBFCU golden on personal, not so much on business or farm & ranch. We utilize Prosperity for business, but it is solely based on the banker who was there before Prosperity bought them out.

Just get a personal banker at BOA they will take care of you, if they offer then at your branch. No need to take anyone out to dinner.

I have never had an issue getting access to my money at any bank. I have a few companies send me checks via email. I just print them off on my printer and cut them out, never had an issue with BOA. Thankfully I only go to BOA a few times per year, I rarely step foot inside any banks, maybe to get something notarized or cash a check made out to me.

Re: Business banking [Re: DukeCigars] #8836163 04/18/23 09:40 PM
D
DukeCigars Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
D

What do you do if your in another country and need to go to your bank for a reason, I can go to a BOA in Manila, Singapore, Tokoyo etc.. They have locations all over the world.

But if you don’t ever go into a bank in this country, why would you need one in another!? 🤣

Honestly my travel credit cards give me enough coverage and safety net for the few times per year we leave the country

Last edited by DukeCigars; 04/18/23 09:40 PM.

Re: Business banking [Re: RedRanger] #8836185 04/18/23 10:22 PM
D
DocHorton Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted by DocHorton

I have 4 as well, but I rarely ever step foot in any of them. I have never been to my Charles Scwhabb or Captial One Bank the accounts were set up online. I think I went to Chase years ago to set up and account, and my BOA I have had since they took over NCNB like in the 80's.

Depositing large checks, sending wires, depositing or withdrawing cash.

I don't go often, but I'd say on average 1-2 times per month.

Re: Business banking [Re: DukeCigars] #8836187 04/18/23 10:27 PM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
rofl Holy cow! The one-upper force is strong on this one. (Can we have another picture of that Rolex? bolt )

Last edited by Creekrunner; 04/18/23 10:28 PM.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Business banking [Re: DukeCigars] #8836194 04/18/23 10:40 PM
D
Dave Davidson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
D
As a small businessman I used the smaller banks. They got to know me and I could call them for services like transfer between accounts.

Once, I decided to buy a 4wheeler and wanted to write a check and take it with me. I gave the business card of the Bank President to the dealer. He called the bank and they verified my financial ability over the phone. I loaded the 4 wheeler onto my pickup and took it with me.

Those types of relationships don’t happen at the bigger banks or their branches.

Without a sense of urgency, nothing ever happens.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley, Rancher Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide