Feb 12th, 2024
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Off Topic Jump to new posts
Re: Houston psycho. Jimbo1 3 seconds ago
Sick in the head, needs to be put down.
13 371 Read More
Re: Possible THF Golf Outing BigPig 7 minutes ago
Did we ever settle on a place/date/time?
33 1,188 Read More
Firearms Sales, Trades and Gunsmithing Jump to new posts
AR-15 for 575.00 jackmason 11 minutes ago
Don't know much about it other than Anderson lower. Received it in a trade about a year ago from a guy on this site. Nice set up with Romeo red dot, flip up rear sights and bi-pod. It's just been sitting since the trade. DFW area only, no shipping. PM if interested. Can text pics as well. Thanks
0 22 Read More
Open Hunting Discussion Jump to new posts
Re: Lease Week End Jimbo1 11 minutes ago
What a great view out your blind window!
5 320 Read More
Re: Diesel trucks with 100k miles 68rustbucket 12 minutes ago
Originally Posted by BigPig
Originally Posted by Ramball36
At this point it’s a crap shoot no matter the miles. I know more people with trucks still under warranty that have issues than guys with 100k+

This is very accurate. By the 100k+ mark most of the issues have been worked out. My 2014 Cummins is at 228,xxx miles and runs great, still on original trans banana

Is it deleted?
18 453 Read More
Re: Porter Waggoner Wannabe Jimbo1 13 minutes ago
That's good stuff!
1 141 Read More
Ammunition & Reloading Jump to new posts
Re: Ammo or head space issue HicksHunter 26 minutes ago
Originally Posted by HenryL
Originally Posted by HicksHunter
And somehow y'all are still defending some random gun show reloads when we have seen gun after gun after gun blown up by shoddy reloads done by careless reloaders. And somehow you are still coming up with WAGs to avoid assigning blame to the most likely problem.

Can't say that I've personally ever seen any gun explode from reloads... I've heard people claim it, but people claim a lot of sh*t... I don't think anyone here is "defending" the reloads the OP was using... all I see is people seeking additional information and discussing the possible causes of the problem. The OP clearly stated that he had been using this ammo previously without issue, that's important information to the discussion that suggests it may not be the ammo at all and there are certainly other reasonable and common issues (common as far as causes of such an event - as uncommon as the event itself is) that can cause what happened. I don't think people trying to evaluate the situation and provide legitimate possibilities for what happened is equivalent to "defense" of something.

I also think that assigning blame to the reloads as the "most likely problem" is a rather uninformed and close minded position and there is no factual basis for such a position. In my experience, I've seen FAR MORE guns explode that were using factory ammo than reloads... In fact, the VAST MAJORITY of guns that explode are shooting factory ammo (this is obviously because the vast majority of people use factory ammo) - so, it's not as if there is some kind of statistical basis for believing the issue was with the reload.

I think the inquiries and discussion about potential issues thus far are based in genuine curiosity about the source of the issue. And I think without the proper information gathering, it's impossible to state with any legitimate level of certainty what the issue was. I'm rather certain that after exhausting all the necessary avenues of information collection to evaluate the situation, the other members here would be happy to attribute the cause to the ammo IF it turns out to be the most likely cause of the issue - no one is going to suggest for someone to keep shooting dangerous ammo if the evidence leans in that direction. Certainly blaming it on the ammo without further investigation would be irresponsible and potentially dangerous - because if the issue IS something else then it doesn't matter what ammo OP is shooting, he could experience the same thing but maybe next time he won't walk away unharmed.

Therefore, the most reasonable, responsible, and safe approach is to systematically gather all available data, conduct a thorough analysis to identify the most likely cause, and then proceed based on an evidence-based conclusion.

You should google "Freedom Munitions Kaboom"

You might also view this thread documenting why reman ammo is a gamble

[Linked Image]
34 1,206 Read More
Re: What the heck is this? Greg 27 minutes ago
YES
19 484 Read More
Health & Fitness Jump to new posts
Re: Mohs Surgery 603Country 27 minutes ago
Way back when, when I was in The Med Center in Houston, hoping they’d find my problem (the tumor), they gave me a big many-paged loose leaf binder. Many many personal questions and a big section was on sunburn I had as a teenager. How bad, how often, what body areas. Apparently it mattered to them, as a research hospital. But who remembers how many bad sunburns they’d had years before.

Anyway, when I was on the tennis court for many hours, before and after I retired, I used sunscreen almost all the time. I figured it was better than getting my freckled Irish skin burned.
14 445 Read More
Trap, Skeet & Target Shooting Jump to new posts
Re: Trainer needed around Dallas area. mdwest 34 minutes ago
Hes not cheap (about $300 an hour I believe right now).. but Dan Carlisle, a former Olympic medalist and former member of the US Army shooting team teaches private lessons at Texas Gun Ranch in Terrell... He helped my daughter A LOT with her sporting clays game with just a couple of lessons..

Another option might be Tim Cudia, although Im not sure if he is willing to teach adults.. he mostly works with High School kids these days I believe.. Tim is a former USN team member, in the hall of fame, etc.. he has a skeet range out behind his house and is an incredibly gifted instructor.. and extremely reasonably priced (for kids at least) if he is willing to take your wife on for a few lessons..
4 172 Read More
Photos & Videos Jump to new posts
Re: You Never Know What You Might See at the NRA Convention txbigly 35 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Judd
Looks like she's already got a line of applicants behind her rofl

Thats her dad and brothers that come with her.
6 264 Read More
Hunting Vehicles Jump to new posts
Re: Bad Boy Bandit?/Hisun UTVs txbigly 39 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Topdog77c
Bad Boy dealer a few miles from me. May test drive the Bad Boy Bandit Crew next week to get an idea.

Let me know if you do. I was pleased with the one I drove.
8 456 Read More
Re: Extendable pole saw gas or battery 603Country 40 minutes ago
No! Got back from our trip to a state park. An hour later my throat started hurting. Then it got much worse. Been dog-A__ sick for days. Too weak to choke a bunny rabbit, but getting better slowly. My timing for being sick is pretty good, if we ignore being dog-[censored] sick, since the ground is a good bit drier and by the time I’m well I can go shopping and chain sawing (in moderation) and using the grapple.

TV is pretty sad during the day. Watched some Gunsmoke and a couple of bad movies. Can’t take much more of this. IQ is slipping away slowly.
31 1,120 Read More
Re: NRA Convention in Dallas this next week mdwest 42 minutes ago
Originally Posted by gary roberson
Thanks to all the THF folks who stopped by for a visit. Crowds were down this year and I have not sure why. It was great to have Trump there on Saturday but I think it may have taken a little away from the crowd in the show.
I was fortunate to meet and visit with many great patriotic Americans!
Adios,
Gary

We spent most of Saturday on the floor.. I have no idea what the headcount was.. but I agree with you, the crowd was way down from the previous 2 NRA shows Ive attended..
11 732 Read More
Re: THCa Get High by mail. bigbob_ftw 44 minutes ago
When I get down to two grams of pot, I'm out of pot.

Ron White
10 458 Read More
Rifles, Shotguns & Handguns Jump to new posts
Re: What do you run for a defensive shotgun? SnakeWrangler 45 minutes ago

I’ve got and old 870 and a SpitFire!

[Linked Image]
66 3,304 Read More
Re: Gonna catch me some hogs! angus1956 45 minutes ago
Finished pen today.
Flintknapper,
I'm going to have to work on my trigger setup. Thanks for the great info.
Picture of completed trap.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
23 1,568 Read More
Re: Helicopter Carrying Iranian President Has Crashed And Is Missing Creekrunner 50 minutes ago
Just saw a clip of a reporter standing in front of the crash site. I'd pay good money to watch that fat ... try to button the sport coat he had on. Their style choices are sometimes hilarious. rofl
40 1,857 Read More
Re: Guns For Sale gonehunting 53 minutes ago
Ruger 7mm ammo 3-9-40 scope 650, Savage model 10 22-250 ammo 3-9-40 scope 350, CVA wolf 50 calliber muzzleloader 3-9-40 scope new never fired 200.00
22 8,507 Read More
Re: Any of y'all run Juglines? CCBIRDDOGMAN 56 minutes ago
I like it!
27 1,038 Read More
Re: Ruger SP 101 9mm revolver bludot 58 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Black Duck Dog
It has them with it that is the main reason I shot it .you don’t have to use them is what I found

Ok, thanks
3 353 Read More
Re: Huge rat snake J.G. 1 hour ago
Originally Posted by Tbar
Originally Posted by rickt300
This one has been around my place for years. Might be one I caught to handle a rat problem 15 years ago. However I saw her yesterday behind the chicken coop, Not kidding over 7 feet long. Tried to get a picture this morning but couldn't find her. I know she gets a few eggs but that's ok for rat control. However thinking one that big might take out a chicken and that would be the end of the truce.

LOL...I had one that size fall off a windmill once and just miss the bill on my cap.

I danced for a second until I figured out what it was. bolt

A friend of my Dad's was standing out in the wide open, not a tree for over 200 yards. He was working on a tractor and all of a sudden a rat snake landed on the hood of a tractor.

"God, is this the last day? Is it raining snakes?"

And then he saw the hawk...
24 1,213 Read More
Wild Hog & Javelina Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Kentucky Bans Hog Hunting rickt300 1 hour ago
Here he is.

[Linked Image]
5 179 Read More
Re: Undercoverdog Pope&Young 1 hour ago
happybday
12 261 Read More