Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Diane Finestein #4943428 01/30/14 03:48 PM
T
TF Panther Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
T
Just stated, "all veterans are mentally ill and the government should over see that they should not be allowed to own guns". Come on aeb and dogcatcher and tell us what she really meant, since you guys are big fans of all things liberal.

Re: Diane Finestein [Re: TF Panther] #4943456 01/30/14 04:06 PM
L
lharrell79 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L
Originally Posted By: TF Panther
Just stated, "all veterans are mentally ill and the government should over see that they should not be allowed to own guns". Come on aeb and dogcatcher and tell us what she really meant, since you guys are big fans of all things liberal.

When did she say this? Can you please provide an audio or video link please. I want to hear it.

Re: Diane Finestein [Re: lharrell79] #4943509 01/30/14 04:31 PM
C
C'mere Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
C
As much as I detest Frankenstein, here's what was really said. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1HtPMzAmv0

Re: Diane Finestein [Re: TF Panther] #4943525 01/30/14 04:37 PM
T
TF Panther Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
T
Yes, she said ptsd is an advent of the war in iraq and there is no way for a seller to know if the veteran is not affected in some way or another by this new advent there fore vets should not be able to purchase. So yes. Correct.

Re: Diane Finestein [Re: C'mere] #4943569 01/30/14 04:59 PM
L
lharrell79 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L
Originally Posted By: C'mere
As much as I detest Frankenstein, here's what was really said. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1HtPMzAmv0

Thanks for the link. It appears she really is trying to cram her entire foot in her mouth. Her ideology is that if there are a few members that shouldn't be allowed to own a gun for mental health reasons, then nobody should be allowed to own a gun. That thought process is completely moronic. Why should the 99.5% of healthy soldiers not be allowed to own a weapon because of the .5% that shouldn't. Thanks Frankenstein.

After watching the clip, I don't think she was stating that all veterans are mentally ill. I think she was saying that because a few of them are, then none of them should be allowed to own an assault rifle. Let them eat cake!

Re: Diane Finestein [Re: TF Panther] #4944315 01/30/14 11:07 PM
C
Cajun Raider Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
Not a fan of Feinstein but she simply didn't say "all" veterans should be denied the right to buy assault weapons.

Don't talk the talk if you didn't walk the walk.
Re: Diane Finestein [Re: TF Panther] #4944741 01/31/14 02:38 AM
T
TFF Caribou Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T

Don't put quotes around something that isn't a quote.

The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference. -George Washington
Re: Diane Finestein [Re: Cajun Raider] #4945812 01/31/14 06:02 PM
H
Hunt n Fish Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted By: Cajun Raider
Not a fan of Feinstein but she simply didn't say "all" veterans should be denied the right to buy assault weapons.

Nope....but I'll bet way down deep inside she'd like to have it that way!

HnF

"Prayer is when you talk to the Lord, Meditation is when you listen to what he says"
Re: Diane Finestein [Re: TF Panther] #4945826 01/31/14 06:09 PM
Cast Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Not so deep I'm afraid HnF.

Cast

[Linked Image]

I have a short attention spa
Re: Diane Finestein [Re: Cast] #4945887 01/31/14 06:43 PM
H
Hunt n Fish Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted By: Cast
Not so deep I'm afraid HnF.

.......agreed! cheers

HnF

"Prayer is when you talk to the Lord, Meditation is when you listen to what he says"
Re: Diane Finestein [Re: Hunt n Fish] #4958601 02/06/14 11:15 PM
S
Slow Drifter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
The only people most liberals think should be armed are the ones on their security detail....the rest of us just get to take our chances. I guess we're just not important enough to be worthy of government funded protection and just too stupid to protect ourselves. Wow...putting it that way it almost makes sense!bang

"I have no idea what WW-III will be fought with, but WW-IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

A. Einstein

Re: Diane Finestein [Re: TF Panther] #4958809 02/07/14 12:36 AM
billybob Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
If you have been diagnosed with PTSD..you therefore are suffering from a mental disorder..and according to current gun sale restrictions should not be allowed to purchase a weapon. And I'm not a liberal...far from it. Maybe it will cut down the amount of VA compensation claims if they thought about it.

Re: Diane Finestein [Re: TFF Caribou] #4959449 02/07/14 04:57 AM
T
TF Panther Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Tff caribou

Here you go sensitive one. "If I could have gotten just 51 votes, I would have said to Mr. And Mrs. American, turn them all in, but I could not just get the votes". Feinstein. Democrats just can't stand that pesky 2nd ammendment, unless they are the ones using it.

Re: Diane Finestein [Re: TF Panther] #4959479 02/07/14 05:33 AM
T
TFF Caribou Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Tff caribou

Here you go sensitive one. "If I could have gotten just 51 votes, I would have said to Mr. And Mrs. American, turn them all in, but I could not just get the votes". Feinstein. Democrats just can't stand that pesky 2nd ammendment, unless they are the ones using it.

I in no way disagree with that. I'm more pro 2A than most gun owners i know. I'm simply saying its bad practice to quote something that isnt a quote. its misleading. and our best chance to win this fight is with facts, not assumptions...

The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference. -George Washington
Re: Diane Finestein [Re: TFF Caribou] #4959930 02/07/14 03:37 PM
janie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Frankenheifer strikes me as the most mentally unstable pos on the planet.

He is your friend defender your dog. Be worthy of such devotion

[Linked Image]
Re: Diane Finestein [Re: janie] #4959969 02/07/14 03:50 PM
W
Western Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
W
Originally Posted By: janie
Frankenheifer strikes me as the most mentally unstable pos on the planet.

I don't know? toss up between her and N. Pelosi

If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you..

"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln

Dennis

Re: Diane Finestein [Re: billybob] #4960503 02/07/14 07:12 PM
T
TF Panther Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
T
First they came for the Iraq veterans and I said nothing. I see a Vietnam service ribbon on your sig. Did you ever use your weapon on another human being? Many said yours too was an immoral and unjust war. How could you use a weapon on a fellow human in an unjust fashion? They say once you use a weapon on another human the second time is easier. How do we know you can be trusted with your Constitutional rights?
How many patriots had nightmares in 1779 about the battles they fought? Maybe they should have all had tbeir homes searched and rifles confiscated for their efforts! In the Civil War it was called Soldiers heart, should they all have been disarmed?. In WW 1 it was called shell shock. WW 2 battle fatigue.

Maybe you need to be monitored? Maybe you should be judged without violating a law? How can we trust you with a gun? Yes, give them an inch as they will stop there, if you think about .

Re: Diane Finestein [Re: TF Panther] #4960521 02/07/14 07:23 PM
T
TF Panther Offline OP
Tracker
OP Offline
Tracker
T
Audie Murphy the most decorated soldier in our nation fought in WW 2 suffered from what they called then battle fatigue, now PTSD. His kids all said he did. He struggled to maintain marriages. His friend who owned a gym in LA said he would call every now and then and talk about killing himself. It has been said by many he carried a .45 every where he went. He also drank too much. Maybe Feinstein would bave enjoyed seeing him stripped of his Constitutional rights.
just because a bunch of left wing nutters like Sandy Hook (a homosexual pedophile)and Colorado (campaigned for bo) go on mass shooting does not mean the first target should be our Vets.

Re: Diane Finestein [Re: TF Panther] #4968591 02/12/14 12:05 AM
S
Slow Drifter Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
S
[quote}I see a Vietnam service ribbon on your sig. Did you ever use your weapon on another human being? [/quote]

I may be mistaken, but I think I see a Purple Heart with OLC in BB's sig. My eyes are tired, but unless I'm wrong, please don't preach to that man.

"I have no idea what WW-III will be fought with, but WW-IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

A. Einstein

Re: Diane Finestein [Re: TF Panther] #4977297 02/17/14 02:04 AM
Grizz Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
I wouldn't piss in her ear if her brain was on fire, but she definitely did not say what is quoted in the OP. She is, however, trying to exclude all military veterans from owning what she calls assault rifles based on the fact some of them suffer from PTSD. I found it interesting that she said PTSD is a new phenomenon since the war in Iraq when anyone with half a brain knows it has been around as long as war itself. Someone could fill a full time position doing nothing but correcting things she screws up.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Re: Diane Finestein [Re: billybob] #4977516 02/17/14 03:57 AM
texretvet Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: billybob
If you have been diagnosed with PTSD..you therefore are suffering from a mental disorder..and according to current gun sale restrictions should not be allowed to purchase a weapon. And I'm not a liberal...far from it. Maybe it will cut down the amount of VA compensation claims if they thought about it.

It would be a good thing in your eyes if Veterans suffering from PTSD did NOT seek any help because they would be afraid they would lose their right to own a weapon?

I really hope that I am misunderstanding what you were trying to say.

Re: Diane Finestein [Re: texretvet] #4977566 02/17/14 04:28 AM
billybob Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted By: texretvet
Originally Posted By: billybob

It would be a good thing in your eyes if Veterans suffering from PTSD did NOT seek any help because they would be afraid they would lose their right to own a weapon?

I really hope that I am misunderstanding what you were trying to say.

I would hope that those that can live a relatively normal life and are not considered a danger to themselves or others would consider not filing for PTSD. But whether they do or not it would be good for them to know that if they buy a gun they are commiting a felony. The VA apparently weeds out a lot of those cases because only 40% of PTSD filing are approved. Those that cannot live a normal life or are a danger to themselves or others should not be allowed to purchase or carry guns.

Re: Diane Finestein [Re: TF Panther] #4977585 02/17/14 04:41 AM
billybob Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
First they came for the Iraq veterans and I said nothing. I see a Vietnam service ribbon on your sig. Did you ever use your weapon on another human being? Many said yours too was an immoral and unjust war. How could you use a weapon on a fellow human in an unjust fashion? They say once you use a weapon on another human the second time is easier. How do we know you can be trusted with your Constitutional rights?
How many patriots had nightmares in 1779 about the battles they fought? Maybe they should have all had tbeir homes searched and rifles confiscated for their efforts! In the Civil War it was called Soldiers heart, should they all have been disarmed?. In WW 1 it was called shell shock. WW 2 battle fatigue.

Maybe you need to be monitored? Maybe you should be judged without violating a law? How can we trust you with a gun? Yes, give them an inch as they will stop there, if you think about .

Yes I have used a weapon on another human being...200 times. And it does get easier with every trigger pull. Really didn't care whether it was an unjust or immoral war...I was a warrant officer making sure I got home as well as the troops I was supporting. From your descriptions of what you think PTSD is you might want to look up some defintions. BTW you are exhibiting signs of PTSD...might have that checked out.

Re: Diane Finestein [Re: TF Panther] #4977812 02/17/14 01:52 PM
Cast Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Yep it's a good thing this crazy old vet has no guns. When will they come for my cast iron skillets?

Last edited by Cast; 02/17/14 01:52 PM.

Cast

[Linked Image]

I have a short attention spa
Re: Diane Finestein [Re: TF Panther] #4978226 02/17/14 05:36 PM
D
Dave Scott Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
D
I still can't figure out why we citizens are deemed smart enough to vote and serve on juries but not smart enough to own firearms.

Last edited by Dave Scott; 02/17/14 05:36 PM.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide